Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

TRUE HOLINESS

It's NOT a holiness by the law. It's a holiness that upholds the law.

No those who claim to keep the law, never uphold the true unbending standard of the law, they bring the law "down" to a carnal level and live in hypocricy, with evil and ungodly hearts, full of evil desires, which they cover with the white paint of mans religion. Only those who walk in grace, uphold the law and its true standard.

I have been under legalism. I was jw, that is death. what jethro teaches is nothing like that. how does one know how to love? if the bible doesn't teach you, and when you see you pray to repent and be that way?

yes but that is what I said. I can keep sinning and hold on to sin or just let the Holy spirit take it the ball is in my hands. I have to allow god to take that sin from me.

even Calvinism teaches that.we aren't holy and sin free as babes in Christ. we must grow and mature slowly and that often involves god working on our hearts and showing us where we sin.my church teaches eternal security and HOLINESS.
Well the point being, "legalism" law keeping and religious works of the flesh are not the answer to the sin issue, they only make sin worse and attempt to cover sin in religion fig leaves. I am teaching power over sin through the Spirit of God.
Ro 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Not sure if you have noticed, but I am not a Calvinist, I am a HOLY-ROLLER:lol True holiness, that is based upon the Spirit of God, and not the flesh of man.

if one is honest and believes in eternal security one is a Calvinist.I leave your stance to jethro,if the bible isn't meant to be read and heeded after we repent at that cross then why are we told to study it?
Well of course you may call one a "Calvinist" but that has no relation to the truth. And only the legalist, fail to read and heed the bible. So not sure what point you think you are making?:lol
edited.

then why bother debating it? if you notice I don't debate the Calvinism threads here much. I used to but I stopped. side debate that said, my point is that since you don't believe in Calvinism and yet accept eternal security. did it occur to that God was override our wills by setting us for failure so that we can learn to obey? he warns us to stop then allows us to fall. that is what I am saying. we have the choice to allow him to change us or to fall. either way he gets the glory. in essence that idea of mine is what entails much of limited free will and eternal security. its revalant to the holiness that god so desires.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been under legalism. I was jw, that is death. what jethro teaches is nothing like that. how does one know how to love? if the bible doesn't teach you, and when you see you pray to repent and be that way?
Gods Love teaches a believer how to love, if one does not have Gods Love shed abroad in their heart by the Holy Spirit, all the bible reading in the world will only make one a religious Pharisee. And Im sure you think Jethro is great:toofunny

No those who claim to keep the law, never uphold the true unbending standard of the law, they bring the law "down" to a carnal level and live in hypocricy, with evil and ungodly hearts, full of evil desires, which they cover with the white paint of mans religion. Only those who walk in grace, uphold the law and its true standard.
I see you claiming to uphold the law, yet you exempt yourself from the judgment you pass on others who say they uphold the law, calling them hypocritical liars because you are sure they don't. Hmmm. Interesting. Who's on a high horse here?

I see you claiming to uphold the law, yet you exempt yourself from the judgment you pass on others who say they uphold the law, calling them hypocritical liars because you are sure they don't. Hmmm. Interesting. Who's on a high horse here?

That don't even make sense? I have obeyed the gospel, that through the law I died to the law. I admit and uphold the true standard of the law "every jot and tittle" and its purpose that was to bring Gods Judgment against the flesh of all men, I have accepted that judgment and have accepted that only the Cross of the Lord is acceptable unto the Father as the answer to my own flesh. Now I am not sure what point you "think" you are making, you seem to have little or no understanding of the purpose of the law, its effect on the flesh or how sin is overcome through the Cross? I suggest you stop trying to teach others and humble yourself that those who have been crucified with the Lord, might be able to teach you.

Last edited by a moderator:
...you seem to have little or no understanding of the purpose of the law...
May I ask why you ignored the scriptures I posted that show us one of the purposes of the law is to give us knowledge of sin? Why do you ignore those?

Even George Muller (the real George Muller) knew the law served that purpose. As I shared before:

A certain minister "eliminated the renting of church pews, arguing that it gave unfair prestige to the rich (based primarily on James 2:1-9)." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_M%C3%BCller

I ask again, "was this minister a legalist for reading and then heeding guidance and instruction that comes from the law? Yes, or no?"

Make it clear for us if you believe that reading what's in the law and then doing it means you are a legalist not walking by the Spirit.

I suggest you stop trying to teach others and humble yourself that those who have been crucified with the Lord, might be able to teach you.

It is the epitome of pride to suggest others have nothing to teach you, or that others have not been humbled by the Lord as well.

You statement suggests that by him "stopping" teaching the things God has taught him so that you can properly teach him because what God Himself has taught him has no value.

That is basically what you just said.

JLB

Thank you Jethro Bodine for sharing the wonderful message with us that God Himself has taught you.

JLB

PS - I will go find that oxygen bottle...

Now I am not sure what point you "think" you are making, you seem to have little or no understanding of the purpose of the law, its effect on the flesh or how sin is overcome through the Cross? I suggest you stop trying to teach others and humble yourself that those who have been crucified with the Lord, might be able to teach you.

But once again George Muller, your doctrine teaches that man has NO CHIOCE in the matter. He can't accept or reject the Gospel of Grace. God hasn't CHOSEN them to salvation. Once again, I say, Talk to GOD about it.

Why do you keep preaching grace to men you do not believe have been regenerated?

And why is your doctrine so religious and legalist?

I just don't get it. we that are married learn what irks and pleases our spouses. and yet teach that god doesn't have a set rules of if you love me do these things.

is not MARRIAGE A REFLECTION OF GOD?

cough the torah when given according to ramban is when god married isreal and that is why he say for I am God whose name Is JEALOUS.

This for me summarizes true holiness ('set apartness'):

"22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control..." (Galatians 5:22-23 NASB)

"31 Treat others the same way you want them to treat you." (Luke 6:31 NASB)

"18 You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge...you shall love your neighbor as yourself" (Leviticus 19:18 NASB)

This is also what marriage is (should be) all about.

Back