Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

We Create Our Own Hell

We are NOT all saved, elijah.

Jesus said all the law and prophets hang on two commandments, that we should love the Lord with all our hearts, minds, and souls, and love our neighbors as ourselves. I think we will be okay if we obey these two commandments.

Jesus said all the law and prophets hang on two commandments, that we should love the Lord with all our hearts, minds, and souls, and love our neighbors as ourselves. I think we will be okay if we obey these two commandments.

THAT is so against the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

Here is a synopsis of your anti-biblical beliefs so far, which in my opinion are either self-styled, or you belong to some crazy cult:

1. The bible is nothing but the four gospels is everything, especially the red-letter parts.

2. Salvation is achieved by works, as spoken in the quoted post above.

3. We lose our salvation every time we sin--therefore:

4. We can be/need to be saved multiple times.

5. Jesus is not God.

6. Holy Spirit is not God.

You are taking my remark our of context. I believe in hell—it is the discipline we receive when we sin, and it never ends if we never stop sinning.
No, I didn't take you out of context, you have bent this heresy so that it has a slightly different reflection than before but it is still a form of Universalism and denies the clear teaching of the scripture. BTW, you are still teaching from the top of your head, where is the scripture to back your position from God's revelation of Himself? In Matthew 7:23 we see folks that are begging God not to send them away but He declares that He never knew them, these are good men, pastors, preachers, Evangelists and such that worked their works to the glory of God and yet they a being sent away to the Abyss.

And then; Luke 16:22 "Now it came about that the poor man died and he was carried away by the angels to Abraham's bosom; and the rich man also died and was buried. 23 "And in Hades he lifted up his eyes, being in torment, and saw Abraham far away, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 "And he cried out and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool off my tongue; for I am in agony in this flame.' 25 "But Abraham said, 'Child, remember that during your life you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus bad things; but now he is being comforted here, and you are in agony. 26 'And besides all this, between us and you there is a great chasm fixed, in order that those who wish to come over from here to you may not be able, and [that] none may cross over from there to us.'

The eternal suffering is not until we change our mind nor is it until God changes His. God never changes, Mal 3:6 For I, Jehovah, change not. When God pronounces judgment, it does not change!

I believe we are all saved, in the sense that no one is going to burn forever, without an opportunity to escape through repentance.

But the Lord’s discipline can be extremely harsh if there is no other way for the Lord to influence us to repent of our sin. Life in this world can be truly terrible if we stray far enough from the Lord. It is from this that we need to be “saved,†I believe.
And that is Universalism and that is not what God teaches in His scriptures, plainly obvious from your lack of scriptural reference, and when you teach a false teaching it is teaching heresy!

I am not a teacher.

The Lord is omnipotent.

The Lord if just.

The purpose of suffering is to influence us to repent.

The Lord will never allow us to suffer unjustly.
That you are not God's teacher is true! that you are not a Teacher is a lie proven by this string where you are teaching a lie never found in scripture. You do not need to draw a salary, I don't, to teach!

Every word you post, anywhere is an effort to teach something.

I do not believe in your hell, which says people will eternally be tortured for failing their “test†here on earth.

The hell I believe in is the hell where we are disciplined for our sins, after which we are forgiven.

My God is a loving, forgiving God. All we have to do is repent.
Just about 100% of the people that will be in Hell with you will have "once" agreed with you!

I do not believe in your hell, which says people will eternally be tortured for failing their “test” here on earth.

It isn't MY hell. It is the lake of fire God has created for Satan and his angels. People aren't supposed to go there, but because of sin and who they belong to by default, they must be cast into hell. God says so.

Revelation 20:15 NLT
And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21:8 NLT JESUS SPEAKING!
“But cowards, unbelievers, the corrupt, murderers, the immoral, those who practice witchcraft, idol worshipers, and all liars—their fate is in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

The hell I believe in is the hell where we are disciplined for our sins, after which we are forgiven.
What hell is that? Please provide scriptural proof of your belief. If you are talking about the discomfort of conviction we endure when we step out of line with God's will, then you are being melodramatic, and need to adjust your language. It is nothing like hell.

My God is a loving, forgiving God. All we have to do is repent.
God is love. Period. He is also JUST and He also has perfect wrath. He will not be forgiving those who refuse to repent. The problem is, that people will die before they do so, which is too late.

Even the depressed Solomon said, "There is hope only for the living..." He knew that when one dies, there is no more hope for salvation.

There are different ways to look at how it happens, whether the Lord is responsible or whether sin is responsible, but the end result is the same: If we don’t sin, we’ll be okay, and if we do sin, we will suffer.
Again, off the top of your "pea pickin' itty-bitty head" and scripture proves you wrong!

Rom 3:10 as it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one;
Rom 3:23 for all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God;

You have already sinned and are deserving of death and the second death is eternal;
Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

But hope is not lost;
Rom 10:9 because if thou shalt confess with thy mouth Jesus as Lord, and shalt believe in thy heart that God raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved:
Rom 10:10 for with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be put to shame.

If you will humble yourself, pray, repent and follow Him you can then read and always remember 1John 5:3! Other wise you will go to Hell and from there to the second Resurrection and the Great White Throne Judgment;

Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat upon it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne; and books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of the things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Back