Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

What does it mean to be "In Christ?"

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
As I showed you next, they receive woe for keeping nothing/breaking it all.

Nope. Nothing you've offered negates what Jesus himself acknowledged about the Pharisees.

Ezekiel and all scriptures about Israel, reveal how much they failed to execute the judgement of God, d3espising His statutes, their eyes after their idols.

And I pointed out to you that this was not the case always, entirely, across-the-board, for Israel. Many times in the OT, the Israelites turned again to God, honoring and obeying Him as was right to do.

See: Exodus 4:28-31, Judges 5, 1 Samuel 7, 2 Chronicles 17:1-9, 2 Chronicles 29-30, Ezra 10, etc.

It is no more reasonable to hold that the failures of the Israelites to honor and serve Jehovah eradicate all instances when they did than it is reasonable to hold that because little Bobby failed one math quiz, all the other ones he passed don't count. On its face, this is just silly reasoning.

Again Malachi ( as all the scriptures) testifies about the complete failures of Israel, ( in the law) how they went away ( PASSED OVER) from the ordinances of God ( His judgements in the law) and have NOT KEPT THEM.

And yet, they remained the Chosen People of God, put into, and taken out of, bondage again and again by God, falling into sin for seasons of time and honoring God in others. It's simply a scripturally and logically unsustainable idea that the Pharisees (or Israel) were totally without obedience to God because they did not obey Him perfectly.

Then Jesus tells the likes of Tenchi, to sell all they have and give alms, to provide a treasure in the heavens that fails not, where no thief can approach nor steal.

"The likes of Tenchi"? Have you noticed that you're slowly getting more and more unpleasant toward me personally as your arguments collapse? I have.

If the chatters do not get it by now, their own idea of a thread has shown exactly what it means to not be in Christ.

To be in Christ is the opposite to the forums.

The only examples that give faith are the doing of the faith, ( Jesus Christ and the Apostles of the Lord are those doers.)

If we follow the Pharisee example, we would be talkers only on forums.

"Physician, heal thyself."

One opinion ( Tenchi) is that this is the Pharisee keeping law.

Another opinion. ( me) is that this is keeping nothing at all.

Not my opinion, brother, the plain statement of Scripture, which folks can see in every one of my posts to you.

Does James somehow mean that those who keep most of the law and fail on one point are guilty of all ?

Even if a person did break all of the law of God, it doesn't follow that they never will, nor ever have, obeyed it. See above.

Does Tenchi never know, that the little leaven ( of malice and wickedness those in the law constantly have) leavens their whole lump. They ( in the law) would need to be a new lump ( as neither circumcision nor uncircumcision is anything, but a new creature. Galatians 6:15.)

The Corinthian believers were a community of Christians full of "leaven" and, yet, Paul called them the "field and building of God," "brethren," "in Christ," "temples of God," and those who "belonged to Christ" (among other things). Clearly, Paul did not think that a "little leaven" meant that the Corinthian believers were not believers, nor did he think that their "leaven" meant they had never, ever obeyed God (which would be an impossible thing to assert since Paul had acknowledged that they were genuine children of God, which necessarily required obedience to the command of God issued in the Gospel - John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10; Acts 16:30-31, etc.).

Tenchi may think he can escape these scriptures, but he cant.

Escape? Hardly. If anyone is slipping and sliding around the plain meaning of God's word, it's you, brother. Rather than escape anything, I've dealt directly with what God's word indicates, demonstrating that your strange, false dichotomy is just that: strange and false.

They in Christ keep the righteousness of the law, so that their uncircumcision is counted for circumcision.

Romans 2:25 (NASB)
25 For indeed circumcision is of value if you practice the Law; but if you are a transgressor of the Law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision.

Paul is not speaking of born-again believers here, but of those Jews who "practice the Law," those whom Paul described only a few verses earlier as follows:

Romans 2:17 (NASB)
17 But if you bear the name "Jew" and rely upon the Law and boast in God...

So, again, gordon777, you have misapplied Scripture, not understanding Romans 2:25 in its immediate context. Born-again believers "fulfill the righteousness of the Law" (Romans 8:4) as they walk according to the Spirit, under his constant control (Romans 8:14; Romans 12:1; Romans 6:13-22) being transformed by him and conformed to the image of Jesus Christ (Romans 8:29).

Romans 8:2-4 (NASB)
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.
3 For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

The fulfillment of the righteousness of the Law is not, then, the means to "spiritual circumcision," but the result of, the by-product of, living and walking in the Spirit (Galatians 5:16, 25). Your use of Romans 2:25 in support of your view is actually a misuse of the verse.

Continued below.

You also quoted Galatians 6:15, gordon777, but it appears to me to directly contradict your statement above:

"They in Christ keep the righteousness of the law, so that their uncircumcision is counted for circumcision."
Galatians 6:13-15
13 For those who are circumcised do not even keep the Law themselves, but they desire to have you circumcised so that they may boast in your flesh.
14 But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
15 For circumcision does not count for anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation.

In this passage, Paul indicated that law-keeping (by means of circumcision, in the case of the believers of Galatia) does not "count for anything." What counts is that a person is a new creation (in Christ - 1 Corinthians 5:17). In him, the law has been fulfilled:

Romans 10:3-4 (NASB)
3 For not knowing about God's righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God.
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
Matthew 5:17 (NASB)
17 "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.

2 Corinthians 5:21 (NASB)
21 He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

All those who are "in Christ" are, thereby, freed from the impossible effort of being justified by law-keeping. Christ is the believer's justification, not their "keeping the righteousness of the law," as you asserted, gordon777.

Tenchi prefers to talk from a distance from these verses, lets look at them instead.

Why do you write these silly things? They aren't true; they're just your Strawman version of what is actually the case.

God answers through James they have not showed mercy, they will receive no mercy from Gods judgement seat.

But what James wrote doesn't stand above all other Scripture, or in isolation from it. James' words must be taken and synthesized with the rest of Scripture, his remarks qualified and clarified by other statements of God's word. Through the lens of what else the Bible says, I understand James, and so, when I read James 2:8-13, his words are tempered and subject to things like the following:

Titus 3:5-7 (NASB)
5 He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,
6 whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior,
7 so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

2 Timothy 1:9 (NASB)
9 who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was granted us in Christ Jesus from all eternity,

Romans 5:20 (NASB)
20 The Law came in so that the transgression would increase; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more,

Romans 8:38-39 (NASB)
38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,
39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Philippians 1:6 (NASB)
6 For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Now, these are all statements for the born-again believer, not an unsaved Pharisee trying to justify himself by law-keeping. They do demonstrate, though, that one can be a believer and sin and not dissolve their membership in God's family by doing so. And if it's possible for a believer to obey and disobey God, it's certainly the case that the Pharisees did so with God's law, too. See above.

I know there is no correction ( implacable) to be done on this or any forum in the world, or even anywhere in the world, there is no faith on earth right now. ( God given them over to a reprobate mind, to do what is not convenient as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge.)

What a statement, given how inured to correction you are! Wow. There is no man so blind as he who will not see."

My sister's quote
If you say so, at this point I can't see myself trying to reason with you when you ignore scriptures that are presented to you.

I'm not any name brand...lol
My goal is to trust Jesus and be tranfomed by the word unto His likeness.

What is it they do exactly Robert Pate?

Why do you say we? Why do you think you are part of that group?

Why don't ya ask what I mean instead of commenting 🙄

I included myself under cultic ways...
But this was not for you. It's for those who are where I'm at in my own thinking. Places we been and places we are still need to untangle.
So go on to someone else and critique what they say out of not knowing them or knowing where they are even coming from.
I'm not here to argue with you.. Therefore I like to maintain my peace and correct you quickly by putting you on ignore. Make a great Day! 😊

✌️

Anything that effects my peace is too expensive. 😌

People can't say everything they don't mean or do mean in what they write.

This sounds an awful lot like antinomianism, which I'm sure you don't support. But this is the problem with these doctrinally hyper-distilled statements: They end up causing confusion rather than answering confusion. Christianity is simple, but not simplistic, which memes and slogans typically are.
If "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness" Romans 10:4. Then Christ is the end of all rules, laws and religions.

So go on to someone else and critique what they say out of not knowing them or knowing where they are even coming from.
I'm not here to argue with you.. Therefore I like to maintain my peace and correct you quickly by putting you on ignore. Make a great Day! 😊

You'll notice I asked you questions. If you want others to know you better, you might try answering them.

I'm not here to argue with you, either. But if you make statements - especially in the Theology subforum - why shouldn't others be allowed to assess them and make comment on them? If you just want to make yourself known to others, why not post in the Lounge subforum about yourself?

Putting me on ignore doesn't really "correct me"; it just reveals your own inability to face criticism and disagreement from others. But, hey, it's a free internet (in some places, anyway), so ignore away. :thumbsup

If "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness" Romans 10:4. Then Christ is the end of all rules, laws and religions.

I think Paul made it pretty clear that he meant that Christ was the end, not of "rules, laws and religions," but of the impossible effort of trying to justify oneself before God by law-keeping. Righteousness by way of the keeping of God's Law is unnecessary under the New Covenant made in and through Jesus Christ. But as Paul took pains to point out,

Romans 3:31 (NASB)
31 Do we then nullify the Law through faith? May it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law.

Romans 7:6-7 (NASB)
6 But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter.
7 What shall we say then? Is the Law sin? May it never be! On the contrary, I would not have come to know sin except through the Law; for I would not have known about coveting if the Law had not said, "YOU SHALL NOT COVET."

Romans 7:12 (NASB)
12 So then, the Law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.
3 For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Galatians 3:21 (NASB)
21 Is the Law then contrary to the promises of God? May it never be!...

Galatians 3:24-26 (NASB)
24 Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith.
25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

As I'm sure you'd agree, the born-again believer is not relieved of all moral obligations because he is in Christ. Rather, he is more obliged to keep the "righteousness of the law" - that is, he has less excuse for not living righteously - because he has dwelling within himself the Holy Spirit by whose power he is able to do "all things." (Philippians 2:13; 4:13; Ephesians 3:16; Romans 8:13, etc.)

You'll notice I asked you questions. If you want others to know you better, you might try answering them.

I'm not here to argue with you, either. But if you make statements - especially in the Theology subforum - why shouldn't others be allowed to assess them and make comment on them? If you just want to make yourself known to others, why not post in the Lounge subforum about yourself?

Putting me on ignore doesn't really "correct me"; it just reveals your own inability to face criticism and disagreement from others. But, hey, it's a free internet (in some places, anyway), so ignore away. :thumbsup

Just a reminder to keep the discussion respectful and refrain from personal attacks.

Thank you.

I think Paul made it pretty clear that he meant that Christ was the end, not of "rules, laws and religions," but of the impossible effort of trying to justify oneself before God by law-keeping. Righteousness by way of the keeping of God's Law is unnecessary under the New Covenant made in and through Jesus Christ. But as Paul took pains to point out,

Romans 3:31 (NASB)
31 Do we then nullify the Law through faith? May it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law.

Romans 7:6-7 (NASB)
6 But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter.
7 What shall we say then? Is the Law sin? May it never be! On the contrary, I would not have come to know sin except through the Law; for I would not have known about coveting if the Law had not said, "YOU SHALL NOT COVET."

Romans 7:12 (NASB)
12 So then, the Law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good.

Galatians 3:21 (NASB)
21 Is the Law then contrary to the promises of God? May it never be!...

Galatians 3:24-26 (NASB)
24 Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith.
25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

As I'm sure you'd agree, the born-again believer is not relieved of all moral obligations because he is in Christ. Rather, he is more obliged to keep the "righteousness of the law" - that is, he has less excuse for not living righteously - because he has dwelling within himself the Holy Spirit by whose power he is able to do "all things." (Philippians 2:13; 4:13; Ephesians 3:16; Romans 8:13, etc.)

Anything in the Bible that tells us to do something or not to do something is law. Christians are not under the law, nor are they subject to it. I don't think that you understand what it means to live by faith. Paul said, "The just shall live by faith" Romans 1:17. Living by faith is not living by laws, rules or religion. Living by faith is living by faith in Christ and his Gospel. In the Gospel, "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for those that believe" Romans 10:4. All that the law demands (which is perfection) has been fulfilled by Jesus Christ. Jesus in our name and on our behalf has offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to his holy law. This is why Paul said, "You are complete in him" Colossians 2:10. The Holy Spirit, not the law is the Christians guide and teacher, John 16:13.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything in the Bible that tells us to do something or not to do something is law.

Uh, okay... You're actually sounding like an antinomian, here...

The Bible instructs believers to do a great many things. Do you ignore all these things?

Christians are not under the law, nor are they subject to it.

Yes, but they are called by God to holiness, to fulfill the righteousness of the law, to come out from the world and be separate, and so on. (1 Peter 1:16; Romans 8:4; 2 Corinthians 6:14-18)

I don't think that you understand what it means to live by faith. Paul said, "The just shall live by faith" Romans 1:17. Living by faith is not living by laws, rules or religion.

Well, I can tell you that I'm wondering seriously about what you think it is to "live by faith." I don't live by laws, rules or religion; I walk in the Spirit, submitting myself to his control throughout each day. Not perfectly, but more and more so as the days pass. I know, though, when I'm not walking in the Spirit by knowing well God's word and thus am able to see when I diverge from the will of God expressed in His word and so have diverged from the control of the Spirit.

Living by faith is living by faith in Christ and his Gospel.

What do you mean by this?

This is why Paul said, "You are complete in him" Colossians 2:10. The Holy Spirit, not the law is the Christians guide and teacher, John 16:13.

Do you imagine the Spirit guides and teaches you in contradiction to God's word?

Anything in the Bible that tells us to do something or not to do something is law. Christians are not under the law, nor are they subject to it. I don't think that you understand what it means to live by faith. Paul said, "The just shall live by faith" Romans 1:17. Living by faith is not living by laws, rules or religion. Living by faith is living by faith in Christ and his Gospel. In the Gospel, "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for those that believe" Romans 10:4. All that the law demands (which is perfection) has been fulfilled by Jesus Christ. Jesus in our name and on our behalf has offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to his holy law. This is why Paul said, "You are complete in him" Colossians 2:10. The Holy Spirit, not the law is the Christians guide and teacher, John 16:13.

The Bible instructs believers to do a great many things. Do you ignore all these things?

Yes, but they are called by God to holiness, to fulfill the righteousness of the law, to come out from the world and be separate, and so on. (1 Peter 1:16; Romans 8:4; 2 Corinthians 6:14-18)

Well, I can tell you that I'm wondering seriously about what you think it is to "live by faith." I don't live by laws, rules or religion; I walk in the Spirit, submitting myself to his control throughout each day. Not perfectly, but more and more so as the days pass. I know, though, when I'm not walking in the Spirit by knowing well God's word and thus am able to see when I diverge from the will of God expressed in His word and so have diverged from the control of the Spirit.

Do you imagine the Spirit guides and teaches you in contradiction to God's word?
I want to see if you get an answer

I want to see if you get an answer
Christians are not Pharisees. Christians don't need rules, laws or religion, they are led by the Holy Spirit.

If you need laws, rules and religion it is because you are lawless and disobedient, 1 Timothy 1:9.

The Holy Spirit would never lead a believer into sin.

Nope. Nothing you've offered negates what Jesus himself acknowledged about the Pharisees.
Jesus acknowledged the Pharisees pay tithes, and omit the rest of the law.

If you want to show the Pharisees are law keepers through that acknowledgement OK.

Now a little reminder for us all what the testimony on the whole world is. ( why they need Jesus Christ for all things they fail on)

Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
2 The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.
3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
4 Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the Lord.

Romans 3:9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;
10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:
16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:
17 And the way of peace have they not known:
18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

And I pointed out to you that this was not the case always, entirely, across-the-board, for Israel. Many times in the OT, the Israelites turned again to God, honoring and obeying Him as was right to do.

See: Exodus 4:28-31, Judges 5, 1 Samuel 7, 2 Chronicles 17:1-9, 2 Chronicles 29-30, Ezra 10, etc.

It is no more reasonable to hold that the failures of the Israelites to honor and serve Jehovah eradicate all instances when they did than it is reasonable to hold that because little Bobby failed one math quiz, all the other ones he passed don't count. On its face, this is just silly reasoning.
The failures of Israel are made apparent, that is why the new covenant God made with all the world, is, blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute iniquity.

Psalm 32:1 Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
2 Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

Romans 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

And yet, they remained the Chosen People of God, put into, and taken out of, bondage again and again by God, falling into sin for seasons of time and honoring God in others. It's simply a scripturally and logically unsustainable idea that the Pharisees (or Israel) were totally without obedience to God because they did not obey Him perfectly.
Yes God saved Israel time and time again, and the last and only everlasting time to be saved is through knowing/believing in the name of, Jesus that He is is the Christ, the Son of God. There is salvation in no other name. ( Acts 4:12. 8:37.)

Apostle Pauls desire is for Israel to be saved. ( through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.)

But the major problem for Israel, ( from the Pharisees right up until now) is their going about without Christ, to establish righteousness.

Christ does end that righteousness seeking in the law of the Pharisee, when they submit themselves unto the righteousness of God. ( of God raising Christ our Lord from the dead. Romans 10:9.)

Romans 10:1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.
2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.
3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Israel fell by unbelief, ( going about to establish their own righteousness in the law that did not end for them.)

Israel continues in unbelief, ( because we stand by faith in Jesus Christ.)

Israel Gods chosen people, if they do not abide still in unbelief, as they require grafting in again.

Romans 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.

Hebrews 3:18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

Hebrews 4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Hebrews 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Even if a person did break all of the law of God, it doesn't follow that they never will, nor ever have, obeyed it. See above.
Yes the Pharisees obey in the amount of acknowledgement of Christ, in tithes, and omit the greater parts.

Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

The Corinthian believers were a community of Christians full of "leaven" and, yet, Paul called them the "field and building of God," "brethren," "in Christ," "temples of God," and those who "belonged to Christ" (among other things). Clearly, Paul did not think that a "little leaven" meant that the Corinthian believers were not believers, nor did he think that their "leaven" meant they had never, ever obeyed God (which would be an impossible thing to assert since Paul had acknowledged that they were genuine children of God, which necessarily required obedience to the command of God issued in the Gospel - John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10; Acts 16:30-31, etc.).
It is as told in the entire chapter Tenchi.

The fornication reported among the Corinthians, and them being PUFFED UP, to mourn and take away the fornicators from among them.

Their glorying is not good, ( being puffed up) as the leaven they left among them ( of the fornicators) leavens the whole lump ( the whole house and Spiritual building of Christ.)

They are required to withdraw malice and wickedness ( of the fornicators they were puffed up for leaving among them.) and needed to keep Christ our passover in sincerity and truth. ( to obey in truth and sincerity)

Paul continues, he wrote to them not to accompany with fornicators, ( or covetous, or idolaters ) or they need to go out of this world.

1 Corinthians 5:1 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.
2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.

1 Corinthians 5:6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

1 Corinthians 5:9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.

Romans 2:25 (NASB)
25 For indeed circumcision is of value if you practice the Law; but if you are a transgressor of the Law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision.

Paul is not speaking of born-again believers here, but of those Jews who "practice the Law," those whom Paul described only a few verses earlier as follows:

Romans 2:17 (NASB)
17 But if you bear the name "Jew" and rely upon the Law and boast in God...
Romans 2, ( as the entire new testament is for) has revealed the commandment of God for all men ( Jew and Gentile to repent. Acts 17:30.)
Jew and Gentile ( all men) are spoken of in Romans 2, for them to not despise the goodness of God that has lead us to repentance.

But, Jew and Gentile who seek for glory and honour and immortality, ( seek eternal life in Jesus Christ) are obeying the truth, but the contentious obey unrighteousness and do evil, they receive indignation and wrath, of the Jew first and also of the Gentile. ( for there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 2:11.)

When the Gentiles do obey truth, ( repented) they show the work of the law written in the heart, ( repentance through Jesus Christ)

When the Jew ( in the law) has not repented, ( as God commanded through Christ, all men to repent. Acts 17:30.) they break the law and dishonour God.

Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Romans 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Romans 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

Romans 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

Romans 2:23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?

Born-again believers "fulfill the righteousness of the Law" (Romans 8:4) as they walk according to the Spirit, under his constant control (Romans 8:14; Romans 12:1; Romans 6:13-22) being transformed by him and conformed to the image of Jesus Christ (Romans 8:29).

The fulfillment of the righteousness of the Law is not, then, the means to "spiritual circumcision," but the result of, the by-product of, living and walking in the Spirit (Galatians 5:16, 25). Your use of Romans 2:25 in support of your view is actually a misuse of the verse.
Romans 2 is either spiritual circumcision or spiritual uncircumcision, according to who repented in Christ and who repented not.

Philippians 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

You also quoted Galatians 6:15, gordon777, but it appears to me to directly contradict your statement above:

"They in Christ keep the righteousness of the law, so that their uncircumcision is counted for circumcision."
Galatians 6:13-15
13 For those who are circumcised do not even keep the Law themselves, but they desire to have you circumcised so that they may boast in your flesh.
14 But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
15 For circumcision does not count for anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation.

In this passage, Paul indicated that law-keeping (by means of circumcision, in the case of the believers of Galatia) does not "count for anything." What counts is that a person is a new creation (in Christ - 1 Corinthians 5:17). In him, the law has been fulfilled:
How can keeping the law in righteousness, ( being in Jesus Christ) not count the uncircumcision of the Gentile, as circumcision in Christ ?

Colossians 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

The same as the law breaking of those in the law, counts their circumcision ( in the flesh) as uncircumcision. ( they are not the circumcision in the spirit, are not the circumcision of Christ/in Christ.)

The new creature is the new circumcision. ( of Christ, having no confidence in the flesh.)

Philippians 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back