Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

What is "GODS RIGHTEOUSNESS"

2Co 5:21

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

The key words are "in Him". Jesus Christ is in a specific location. That happens to be Zion. Getting there costs us everything...nothing of the flesh can abide in Christ. So then being as perfect as Christ has certain ramifications...we walk in the same state as Jesus did while He was on earth doing the perfect will of the Father. As we DO the righteousness that Jesus did (and doing through us) we attain to the same measure as Jesus and become fit to be His Bride. But the emphasis remains on what we DO. We show the sublimity of our proximity to Christ by our works that change the world around us.

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

The key words are "in Him". Jesus Christ is in a specific location. That happens to be Zion. Getting there costs us everything...nothing of the flesh can abide in Christ. So then being as perfect as Christ has certain ramifications...we walk in the same state as Jesus did while He was on earth doing the perfect will of the Father. As we DO the righteousness that Jesus did (and doing through us) we attain to the same measure as Jesus and become fit to be His Bride. But the emphasis remains on what we DO. We show the sublimity of our proximity to Christ by our works that change the world around us.

Rom 3:24

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Rom 8:32

He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

1Co 2:12

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Rom 5:17

For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

NO! it cost Him everything, all it cost us is our pride and self-righteousness:o

ad

For he hath
made him to
be
sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be
made the righteousness of God in
him.

The key words are "in Him". Jesus Christ is in a specific
location. That happens to be Zion. Getting there costs us everything.

Thats not what scripture teaches !

Scripture teaches this 1 Cor 1:30

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Being in Christ is all of God and it is by Grace, it did cost the ones in Him nothing !

Rom 3:24

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Rom 8:32

He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

1Co 2:12

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Rom 5:17

For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

NO! it cost Him everything, all it cost us is our pride and self-righteousness:o

This is false. It costs us everything to enter Christ. To remain there requires an ongoing surrender of all things.

Since most of what people read into the bible for themselves stems from the imagination it is no wonder that there is no way of telling who has entered into Christ or not...especially on a forum like this. People can say anything.

But the proof that we have entered into Christ is that we are unable to sin as long as we abide in Him.

ad

Thats not what scripture teaches !

Scripture teaches this 1 Cor 1:30

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Being in Christ is all of God and it is by Grace, it did cost the ones in Him nothing !

Imagination is a powerful thing....but someone who has entered into Christ walks in the power of Christ....without sin. You are trying to make a mental assent of something that you heard that Jesus did the equivalent of knowing the Lord.

It costs us everything to take hold of what cost Jesus everything to give us.

For those who are very poor and needy this may not be seen as so much...but to rich westerners like us...it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for us to actually enter into Christ. That is how narrow the door actually is.

This is false. It costs us everything to enter Christ. To remain there requires an ongoing surrender of all things.

Since most of what people read into the bible for themselves stems from the imagination it is no wonder that there is no way of telling who has entered into Christ or not...especially on a forum like this. People can say anything.

But the proof that we have entered into Christ is that we are unable to sin as long as we abide in Him.

Mat 12:7

But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.

No you must have it wrong, in says "in Him" is no sin. and that which is born of Gods Seed cannot sin.

Mat 12:7

But if ye had known whatthismeaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.

No you must have it wrong, in says "in Him" is no sin. and that which is born of Gods Seed cannot sin.

Where a false doctrine is concerned it is not mercy that is required. A doctrinal stance is just that. A stance is not the same as a spiritual reality we have entered into.

You are stuck with verses that you haven't experienced...propounding them as if they were the experience themselves. But these are they that testify to an actual experience of Christ.

Where a false doctrine is concerned it is not mercy that is required. A doctrinal stance is just that. A stance is not the same as a spiritual reality we have entered into.

You are stuck with verses that you haven't experienced...propounding them as if they were the experience themselves. But these are they that testify to an actual experience of Christ.

1Co 4:3

But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
1Co 4:4

For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord. :)
1Co 4:5

Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God. :readbible

Joh 16:7

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Joh 16:8

And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Joh 16:9

Of sin, because they believe not on me;
Joh 16:10

Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

The Holy Spirit has never and will never convict a "believer" of sin! He does convict the non-believer of their sin, that they may come to Christ and be cleansed.

The Holy Spirit of God convicts the BELIEVER of righteousness!
Meaning when we fall short and heed the flesh the Holy Spirit convicts us of who we are in Christ! The Holy Spirit never follows a "believer" around finding their fault, but always works to bring them into the victory we have in Christ.:thumbsup

Mat 6:33

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

The gospel is a revelation of Gods Righteousness.

Rom 3:25

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
Rom 3:26

To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

We grow in "Gods righteousness" as the Holy Spirit takes that which is His and reveals it to us.

Joh 16:13

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear,thatshall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Joh 16:14

He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shewitunto you.

This is shown in 2Cor3

2Co 3:18

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

This is Righteousness!:thumbsup

Hi Deborah13,

Though my post came after yours, it wasn't specifically directed at you. I always like to name who I talk to at the beginning of my posts, and this one was directed to anyone who would be tempted to focus on their own righteousness, that would especially include myself. I confess I do focus on my righteousness from time to time, and I think it's very sinful.

I hesitated for a few moments before posting because I was aware the tone seemed harsh, but I sent it anyway knowing it would be something I would like someone to tell me because self-righteousness is a major problem I have as well as others. Yes, it often hurts when the truth about myself is revealed, and I don't react well at times because of it. In retrospect, I look back and can see that God's grace, patience, kindness, and gentleness have always been with me despite my great sins, and the cross amplifies this infinitely. I don't see any greater gifts than God's pardon and His righteousness, a double cure!

You quoted Romans talking about the fairness and justice of God, and Ephesians regarding how we are saved by grace through faith. I agree with you all the way. Mitspa elaborated on what I was saying, and explained it very nicely.

Proverbs 27:6

New King James Version (NKJV)

6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend,
But the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.

- Davies :muchlove

Thank you for your kind message. Sometimes I am way to touching and easily offended, this too is a sin. I apologize for my assuming, I was wrong.
I think we all think about if we are righteous or not it just seems so impossible. I don't know much and can't hold a candle to the knowledge that is shared in these threads. But this I know, I am ".. saved by grace, through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is a gift of God." I receive His gift of righteousness with a greatful heart as I am sure you do. Blessed is the name of our Lord.

Romans 5:17 - " For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ."

There is only two kinds of "righteousness" Yours and Gods! I suggest you find out which one is required? You want to boast in your works? Good! I am very happy for you, I bet you are very PROUD of yourself?

Rom 10:3

For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Rom 10:4

Rom 10:6

But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)
Rom 10:7

Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
Rom 10:8

But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Sorry I did not make the rules!:)

Only a perfectly righteous and loving God could make such rules.
God is not insecure in any way. He knows He's God but He doesn't lord it over us.
He says to come into His rest, trust Him and He'll show us the way.

Only a perfectly righteous and loving God could make such rules.
God is not insecure in any way. He knows He's God but He doesn't lord it over us.
He says to come into His rest, trust Him and He'll show us the way.
Amen!:thumbsup

1Co 1:30

But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

1Co 1:31

That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in

The understanding of God comes in a personal way. Its not a doctrine of a certain group, not a religious creed, nor a set of rules.
God in His Wisdom has made a way for the weak and needy. That we who look to Christ Jesus and the beauty of His Person, could have the Kingdom of God.

Luk 18:17

Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

1Co 1:26

For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
1Co 1:27

But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1Co 1:28

And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
1Co 1:29

That no flesh should glory in his presence.

Become as fool and God will make you wise, become weak and He will make you strong, admit your sinful condition and God will give you His Righteousness!:biglol

Last edited by a moderator:
What is our doctrine doing for us? Does it allow us to grow into Christ? Are we being persecuted as saints? Are we one with the brethren having all things in common? Are we filled with the Spirit? Do people know we are Christians just by looking at our countenance?

Imputed righteousness is a New Testament fact.

Fact is we have none of our own to provide. What we have is what we have been given and granted by the entrance of faith in His, God in Christ's righteousness. It can't be earned. We reconcile ourselves with nothing, as nothing, yet having everything. It's a hard principle, that we have NONE, to reconcile ourselves to. But it's a fact. And it can be equally as hard reconciling ourselves to imputed righteousness not really knowing the fullness of what that is or entails.

Philippians 3:9
And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

When we understand our condition of nothing personally it is in fact much easier to accept imputed righteousness. Will imputed righteousness eradicate sin? Certain not at the present if we are in truth about the matter, but that IS our hope.

These are somewhat difficult concepts. Having nothing, being sinners, sin being condemned. Yet standing in faith, covered, not desiring to be entrapped by sin. Yet lying if we say we have none. Admittance of nothing is part of the entry price. Yet that is the path that is laid out before us.

Isaiah 42:16
And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.

It is much easier to stand before God with nothing to receive all things. That can and will be only His Power. And that is distributed to the blind, the weak, the infirm, the undeserving.

That is His Pleasure.

s

Fact is we have none of our own to provide. What we have is what we have been given and granted by the entrance of faith in His, God in Christ's righteousness. It can't be earned. We reconcile ourselves with nothing, as nothing, yet having everything. It's a hard principle, that we have NONE, to reconcile ourselves to. But it's a fact. And it can be equally as hard reconciling ourselves to imputed righteousness not really knowing the fullness of what that is or entails.

And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

When we understand our condition of nothing personally it is in fact much easier to accept imputed righteousness. Will imputed righteousness eradicate sin? Certain not at the present if we are in truth about the matter, but that IS our hope.

These are somewhat difficult concepts. Having nothing, being sinners, sin being condemned. Yet standing in faith, covered, not desiring to be entrapped by sin. Yet lying if we say we have none. Admittance of nothing is part of the entry price. Yet that is the path that is laid out before us.

And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.

It is much easier to stand before God with nothing to receive all things. That can and will be only His Power. And that is distributed to the blind, the weak, the infirm, the undeserving.

That is His Pleasure.

s
Righteousness cannot be earned but it must be prepared for...either unwittingly or knowingly.

One of the biggest errors of Christendom is to think that Jesus can be added to our present lives...without any loss from ourselves. This is a big lie. We receive His righteousness as a gift...but only when our vessels have been emptied through the power of the cross that puts the old nature to death. Then we can walk in newness of life as overcomers.

There is no imputed righteous. We don't get God's righteousness added to our unrighteousness. We must first be cleansed by the blood and emptied...readied for the perfection of God's holiness. We must be prepared vessels.

That is His Pleasure.

s

James 2:23,24 KJV

And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. 24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

This scripture is said to have been fulfilled when Abraham's faith was made perfect. It is important to observe when the scripture referred to was fulfilled. Though Abraham was earlier Gen 15:6 acknowledged as a believer, and his faith was noticed for righteousness, it was not until later Gen 22:1-9 that his faith was made perfect in the act of obedience involving Isaac. Abraham believed God, prior to this act of obedience. He fully accepted God's word, and relied implicitly on the promises which it held and, as a result, his faith "was reckoned unto him for righteousness.

Back