Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

What is "GODS RIGHTEOUSNESS"

ad

One who is already doing well enough in their own strength is not quick to
abandon his whole life.

Could you please comment post 92, you quoted it and then avoided comment on it !

Act 2:36

Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Of course you who seek your "own righteousness" always forget what is all about! The Lord Jesus Christ!

Like the "religious" class of the Lords day, He heals the sick and the "religious hypocrites" ask "who told you to carry your bed"? They should have repented and turned to the Lord!

How does one receive the Holy Spirit anyway? by works or by faith?

Both...

Romans 10:17 (KJV)
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

so faith cometh by hearing (hearing is a work)

You have to believe before you confess (believe, something you must do = work)

Romans 10:9 (KJV)
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be save

confess with thy mouth (a work)

Acts 2:38 (KJV)
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Repenting (a work)
Baptized (a work)

and after the obedient work, you receive The Gift.

Before one can understand the right answers one needs to ask the right questions.
Yea thats the point of the thread!

Rom 10:3

For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

The question is whos righteousness do I need? Mine, which is as rags, or Gods, Which is eternal and perfect! :chin

Rom 3:24

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
Rom 3:25

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
Rom 3:26

To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Pick this one:biglol

Both...

Romans 10:17 (KJV)
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

so faith cometh by hearing (hearing is a work)

What?

For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Heb 4:10

For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

What?

Wrong works, the Jews would not let go of the Law of Moses.

Heb 4:10

For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
and He sets at the right hand of God... He did His part.

John 19:30 (KJV)
30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Wrong works, the Jews would not let go of the Law of Moses.

Rom 10:4

For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
Rom 10:12

For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

If your works come from your faith in God and bring Glory to His blessed Son and "His Work" Good! you are blessed! But If you think "your works" makes you something you are deceived. He who glories let him glory in the Lord! What has any man, that was not first given to him by the Lord?

Last edited by a moderator:
Real faith has real works "of faith"

Heb 11:31

By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.

This is a work of faith, because she acted on what she believed. simple!:)

If you love someone you will act on that love, or else its not real love, that is the obedience of faith that James is speaking of!

If I say I have faith in the Work of Christ, yet I do not act according to His work, then my faith is as in a dead man. It has no life!

Everything we do for God must bring glory to God and be from His glory ,not us or else we are seeking our own righteousness, and our own glory!

Basically James is saying, dont fool yourself, because God is not fooled when we say we have faith, yet we do not act in faith?

Real faith has real works "of faith"

Heb 11:31

By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.

This is a work of faith, because she acted on what she believed. simple!:)

If you love someone you will act on that love, or else its not real love, that is the obedience of faith that James is speaking of!

If I say I have faith in the Work of Christ, yet I do not act according to His work, then my faith is as in a dead man. It has no life!

Everything we do for God must bring glory to God and be from His glory ,not us or else we are seeking our own righteousness, and our own glory!

Basically James is saying, dont fool yourself, because God is not fooled when we say we have faith, yet we do not act in faith?

You have to start here:

John 14:15 (KJV)
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

You have to start here:

John 14:15 (KJV)
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

1Jn 3:23

And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

1Jn 3:24

And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

By the way, I love posting the word of God that sets men free from sin and religion! Keep going I have some time before I get some rest.

Isa 54:17

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

We who have believed in "His Righteousness" now have His Righteousness to protect us from those who would judged us.
For If God Himself has justified us, who can condemn? How blessed we are to trust in Him alone! Be sure the enemys of the Cross will come and say He was not done enough! Dont be moved, for He made the very ground and air around us! Ask the "worker" who boast in their works, Why they despise Him and His great goodness and mercy? Could it be that in their pride of life, they love "themselves" above all others things?

Rom 2:4

Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
Rom 2:5

But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

Dont be deceived Their is only ONE way to Righteousness! From faith to faith, from glory to glory!

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

We who have believed in "His Righteousness" now have His Righteousness to protect us from those who would judged us.
For If God Himself has justified us, who can condemn? How blessed we are to trust in Him alone! Be sure the enemys of the Cross will come and say He was not done enough! Dont be moved, for He made the very ground and air around us! Ask the "worker" who boast in their works, Why they despise Him and His great goodness and mercy? Could it be that in their pride of life, they love "themselves" above all others things?

Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

Dont be deceived Their is only ONE way to Righteousness! From faith to faith, from glory to glory!

Righteousness from God is not something we add to ourselves through believing and trusting in God as we have always been. There is a need for a new creation where ALL things are become new. Our vessels must first be emptied before they can be re-filled. So we must go through the cross to the destruction of our old lives in order to make room to be filled with the Spirit according to His righteousness. We only become the righteousness of God when we are dead to ourselves. We must lose our lives to be found in Him.

One who is already doing well enough in their own strength is not quick to abandon his whole life.
I love what you said here. But why do some have more strength than others? Did sin through Adam affect some lines of his ancestry more extensively than others? I assume the prodigal son is more knowledgable of the things outside of the Fathers House than is his brother. He has come full circle. Does that give him any right to parade the best robe before his brother who had always stayed with the Father? May revelation bind my tongue and sew my lips shut.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love what you said here. But why do some have more strength than others? Did sin through Adam affect some lines of his ancestry more extensively than others? I assume the prodigal son is more knowledgable of the things outside of the Fathers House than is his brother? Does that give him any right to parade the best robe before his brother who had always stayed with the Father? May revelation bind my tongue and sew my lips shut.

It depends on many things. Was a person raised in a godly home? Or was the person subjected to abuse? Environment and education have a role in how we turn out. We can get pretty messed up. Then there is the intangible quality of each person's soul. Some people please God more than others although we all come up short on God's holy requirements.

So God decided to repair the most flawed vessels first. Afterwards we who are thus renewed through the Spirit are to cause the more righteous (in the natural) among us to become jealous and also seek this renewal. This is how the plan of God is laid out for us. :)

Blessings to you!

I covered that issue with Born-again, but because I like you I will do it again!:)

Rom 10:4

For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 6:16 "Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?"

Harmonizing verses we get:

Rom 10:10------believeth>>>>>>>>>>>unto righteousness
Rom 6:16-------obedience>>>>>>>>>>unto righteousness

Since there is just one way to be righteous/be saved then both verses MUST express the same idea, that idea being, believing is a form of obedience, belief therefore is an obedient work that is UNTO righteousness.

mitspa said:
Rom 10:12

For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Rom 10:13

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. :clap

What does "call upon the name of the Lord" mean and how is it DONE?

Calling on the name of the Lord is something done, a work, an obedient work that is unto righteousness.

Mt 7:21 "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

One must do the will of the Father to enter the kingdom. Doing God's will is the same as doing/obeying God's righteousness, something the Jews refused to do in Rom 10:3 The Jews were lost for they refuse to submit/obey to God's righteousness/commandments.

Lk 6:46 "And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?"

One cannot even call Jesus thier "Lord" unless he DOES what Jesus says.

Jesus has said one must believe, rpent, confess and be baptized to be saved, Jn 3:16 Lk 13:3,5 Mt 10:32,33 Mk 16:16 When one obeys Christ by doing these things then Jesus is his Lord, he has called upon the name of Jesus Christ.

So calling upon the name of the Lord menas DOING/OBEYING what the Lord has said to do in believing repenting confessing being baptized.

Rom 10:13-----call upon the name of the Lord>>>>>>>>>>>>>saved
Acts 2:21------call upon the name of the Lord>>>>>>>>>>>>>saved
Acts 2:38------repent & be baptized>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>remission of sins
Rom 10:9,10---believe & confess w/ mouth>>>>>>>>>>>salvation/righteousness

In the right column, the terms "saved", "remission of sins" "unto savlation/righteousness" are all equivalent terms, all represents a saved position. Since there is just one way to be saved that can only mean that "calling upon the name of the Lord" is equivalent to believing, repenting, confessing and being baptized.....just as the Lord said to do.

mitspa said:
You say you are not perfect, but you keep yourself in Gods Righteousness ? How do YOU do That? Do you have the power to make God give you His Righteousness?

1 Jn 1:7 "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."

As long as I continue to walk in the light, Christ's blood continues to cleanse away all sins. Even though I occassionally sin, as long as I keep on walking, keep on obeying by repenting of sins, then Christ's blood keeps on washing away my sins. But if I completely give up and quit walking in the light, then Christ's blood will no more wash away my sins. The verb "walking' is present tense so it takes a continued, sustained walking/obeying on my part so that Christ's blood continues to wash away all sins.

mitspa said:
For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
Rom 5:18

Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

I think you must be wrong!:chin

Paul says many were made sinners and that same many were made righeous.

Nowhere in the context does it say they were made sinners of made righteous apart from thier own will. People are made sinners for they of thier own will have chosen to sin, Rom 5:12
People are made righteous for they of their own will chose to have faith, Rom 5:1,2

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 6:16 "Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?"

Harmonizing verses we get:

Rom 10:10------believeth>>>>>>>>>>>unto righteousness
Rom 6:16-------obedience>>>>>>>>>>unto righteousness

Since there is just one way to be righteous/be saved then both verses MUST express the same idea, that idea being, believing is a form of obedience, belief therefore is an obedient work that is UNTO righteousness.

What does "call upon the name of the Lord" mean and how is it DONE?

Calling on the name of the Lord is something done, a work, an obedient work that is unto righteousness.

Mt 7:21 "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

One must do the will of the Father to enter the kingdom. Doing God's will is the same as doing/obeying God's righteousness, something the Jews refused to do in Rom 10:3 The Jews were lost for they refuse to submit/obey to God's righteousness/commandments.

Lk 6:46 "And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?"

One cannot even call Jesus thier "Lord" unless he DOES what Jesus says.

Jesus has said one must believe, rpent, confess and be baptized to be saved, Jn 3:16 Lk 13:3,5 Mt 10:32,33 Mk 16:16 When one obeys Christ by doing these things then Jesus is his Lord, he has called upon the name of Jesus Christ.

So calling upon the name of the Lord menas DOING/OBEYING what the Lord has said to do in believing repenting confessing being baptized.

Rom 10:13-----call upon the name of the Lord>>>>>>>>>>>>>saved
Acts 2:21------call upon the name of the Lord>>>>>>>>>>>>>saved
Acts 2:38------repent & be baptized>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>remission of sins
Rom 10:9,10---believe & confess w/ mouth>>>>>>>>>>>salvation/righteousness

In the right column, the terms "saved", "remission of sins" "unto savlation/righteousness" are all equivalent terms, all represents a saved position. Since there is just one way to be saved that can only mean that "calling upon the name of the Lord" is equivalent to believing, repenting, confessing and being baptized.....just as the Lord said to do.

1 Jn 1:7 "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."

As long as I continue to walk in the light, Christ's blood continues to cleanse away all sins. Even though I occassionally sin, as long as I keep on walking, keep on obeying by repenting of sins, then Christ's blood keeps on washing away my sins. But if I completely give up and quit walking in the light, then Christ's blood will no more wash away my sins. The verb "walking' is present tense so it takes a continued, sustained walking/obeying on my part so that Christ's blood continues to wash away all sins.

Paul says many were made sinners and that same many were made righeous.

Nowhere in the context does it say they were made sinners of made righteous apart from thier own will. People are made sinners for they of thier own will have chosen to sin, Rom 5:12
People are made righteous for they of their own will chose to have faith, Rom 5:1,2

I have already posted on this tread that we are made Righteous by Gods Righteousness, through faith in Christ. I believe real faith has real actions.
You guys love to work, so look up a few post on this tread:toofunny

I have already posted on this tread that we are made Righteous by Gods Righteousness, through faith in Christ. I believe real faith has real actions.
You guys love to work, so look up a few post on this tread:toofunny

2Co 10:17

But he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

2Co 10:18

For not he that commendeth himself is approved, but whom the Lord commendeth.:thumbsup

Joh 3:17

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

1Jn 2:6

He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

We see many false brothers and sisters who walk not as Christ walked, looking to save that which was lost.
It seems religion has overcome the True Spirit of Christ, in many. For they walk not looking to save but to condemn.

Many seem to think being a "christian" is about finding fault in others, have you met this people?

No! Christ never walked this way! He came to Give His Righteousness to the sinner. He rebuked the religious hypocrite who condemned others.

Dont be deceived the "Gospel" is the "ministry of Righteousness" received from faith to faith, glory to glory.:thumbsup WAlK AS HE WALKED!

2Co 3:8

How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

2Co 3:9

For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

2Co 5:21

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. :biglol

Joh 3:17

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

1Jn 2:6

He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

We see many false brothers and sisters who walk not as Christ walked, looking to save that which was lost.
It seems religion has overcome the True Spirit of Christ, in many. For they walk not looking to save but to condemn.

Many seem to think being a "christian" is about finding fault in others, have you met this people?

No! Christ never walked this way! He came to Give His Righteousness to the sinner. He rebuked the religious hypocrite who condemned others.

Dont be deceived the "Gospel" is the "ministry of Righteousness" received from faith to faith, glory to glory.:thumbsup WAlK AS HE WALKED!

2Co 3:8

How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

2Co 3:9

For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

2Co 5:21

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. :biglol

How does mocking the truth and claiming to be righteous serve God?

Back