Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Where are the miracles?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
My faith is so strong I don't join with ungodly people who flaunt their bodies.
"Ungodly people who flaunt their bodies"? It's obvious that you've never been to a yoga class. It's filled with all kinds of people, of all ages, body types, and conditioning. Also, what does not doing yoga have to do with your "strong" faith. It seems to me that your faith is very weak if you can't join an exercise class without feeling threatened.

I googled GOYA and a bunch of stuff came up and I did read the first part of tht article and they used the term Goya Yoga is what they teach. Something like that.
I think you are misreading "...Goya yoga mats...", when it should be "...Goya's yoga mats...".
But it isn't really important.

"Ungodly people who flaunt their bodies"? It's obvious that you've never been to a yoga class. It's filled with all kinds of people, of all ages, body types, and conditioning.
I've seen enough of it on TV.
Also, what does not doing yoga have to do with your "strong" faith.
My faith dictates a separation between me and the unGodly.
Doesn't yours?
It seems to me that your faith is very weak if you can't join an exercise class without feeling threatened.
That is a good description of it indeed.
Threatened...to start accepting immodesty as normal.
I pray you haven't fallen to the devil's guiles.

Reactions: JLB
Not only is this not true, it has zero to do with the OP. From the web: yoga originated as a form of Hindu worship, not satanic worship. Yoga today is often just an “ancient system of postures and breathing” that’s “largely void of religious overtones.”
I can see that satan has you duped.

I've seen enough of it on TV.

My faith dictates a separation between me and the unGodly.
Doesn't yours?

That is a good description of it indeed.
Threatened...to start accepting immodesty as normal.
I pray you haven't fallen to the devil's guiles.
You've seen enough yoga on TV? Do you mean fit people in lycra suits who know what they're doing? That's like saying you watch pro football on TV so you won't try touch football with your friends. It makes no sense.

My faith is such that I'm comfortablel with what Jesus has given me so I'm not governed by fear or superstition.

I haven't "fallen to the devil's guiles" by going to a yoga class. Have you Christ's atonement "fallen to the devil's guiles" by being fearful of exercise?

You've seen enough yoga on TV? Do you mean fit people in lycra suits who know what they're doing? That's like saying you watch pro football on TV so you won't try touch football with your friends. It makes no sense.

My faith is such that I'm comfortablel with what Jesus has given me so I'm not governed by fear or superstition.

I haven't "fallen to the devil's guiles" by going to a yoga class. Have you Christ's atonement "fallen to the devil's guiles" by being fearful of exercise?

Pardon my intrusion Brother, but come on now. Way to give the Brother a loaded question. He actually made lot of sense in what he was saying. I can't understand why you seem unable to perceive that also?

It could be that your carnal mind is trying to have discussion with a spiritual mind and so that would be why you were unable to hear him. Like scripture tells us, the carnal can not receive the things of God because they are spiritual and you speak carnally minded.

I try to look at everything with my spiritual eye. Maybe that's why I heard him making sense and you did not?
Just an observation.

We have definitely "crossed wires" here, somehow.
I don't follow, so, see you later.

Not only is this not true, it has zero to do with the OP. From the web: yoga originated as a form of Hindu worship, not satanic worship. Yoga today is often just an “ancient system of postures and breathing” that’s “largely void of religious overtones.”

Jaybo, with all respect you are totally misinterpreting what has been said. The comment I made was that Yoga is satanic because it has come about from false religions that Satan invented. It has been said over and over again that it intends to take over your mind.

Maybe that is not what happens in a given class but why stick your head into the lion's mouth just to see if he closes it.

Can't one meditate on God. or on His word?

I agree.
It usually involves scantily dressed women with an apparent oblivion of Godly dress.
Every believer can meditate and get inspiration from God and they don't need yoga to do that. We are told to think on these things. Not think on these things when you have a yoga class.

Jaybo, with all respect you are totally misinterpreting what has been said. The comment I made was that Yoga is satanic because it has come about from false religions that Satan invented. It has been said over and over again that it intends to take over your mind.

Maybe that is not what happens in a given class but why stick your head into the lion's mouth just to see if he closes it.
Going to a yoga exercise class is sticking your head into the lion's mouth? How weak is your faith exactly?

[ACMP=reminder]
Time to get back on topic. Start a new thread if you wish to discuss the ramifications of yoga and please drop the personal questions and accusations about other's faith.
[/ACMP]

Every believer can meditate and get inspiration from God and they don't need yoga to do that.
I agree.
We are told to think on these things. Not think on these things when you have a yoga class.
I would think if an activity made one quit "thinking on these things", it is counter to Christian living.
It is a miracle of God that we can go all day seeing the works and wonders of God while doing the mundane things as well as the major things.
Thanks be to God.

The Bible is full of extraordinary events. People were raised from the dead, seas were parted, water turned into wine. Where are the miracles of today? Where is God in modern times?
The miracles come with being empowered by the Holy Spirit through faith, Galatians 3:5, Hebrews 2:4. This is what walk by the Spirit means. If we walk by the Spirit, we would be experiencing all kinds of miracles as apostle Paul did. He received so many revelations (miracles), he had to be buffeted to not become prideful, 2 Corinthians 12:7-10. "And God wroth special miracles by the hands of Paul," Acts 19:11. Our salvation and the Kingdom of God is Power: 1 Corinthians 4:20, Ephesians 6:10, Ephesians 1:19, 2 Timothy 1:7. This Power that these verses is talking about is the Holy Spirit.

We must ask God to fill us up with His Spirit, give us understanding, because some of us don't understand this. We have received the earnest of the Spirit to seal us for our salvation when we first believed, 2 Corinthians 1:22, but we must be "filled up" to walk in His Power. Our inner man has to be strengthened, Ephesians 3:16. The strength here is talking about having an inner man - inner self that's capable of receiving the Power of the Spirit, which is HUMILITY. Then we can experience the miracles that comes ONLY with the Power of the Holy Spirit.

The miracles come with being empowered by the Holy Spirit through faith, Galatians 3:5, Hebrews 2:4. This is what walk by the Spirit means. If we walk by the Spirit, we would be experiencing all kinds of miracles as apostle Paul did. He received so many revelations (miracles), he had to be buffeted to not become prideful, 2 Corinthians 12:7-10. "And God wroth special miracles by the hands of Paul," Acts 19:11. Our salvation and the Kingdom of God is Power: 1 Corinthians 4:20, Ephesians 6:10, Ephesians 1:19, 2 Timothy 1:7. This Power that these verses is talking about is the Holy Spirit.

We must ask God to fill us up with His Spirit, give us understanding, because some of us don't understand this. We have received the earnest of the Spirit to seal us for our salvation when we first believed, 2 Corinthians 1:22, but we must be "filled up" to walk in His Power. Our inner man has to be strengthened, Ephesians 3:16. The strength here is talking about having an inner man - inner self that's capable of receiving the Power of the Spirit, which is HUMILITY. Then we can experience the miracles that comes ONLY with the Power of the Holy Spirit.
Faith is not enough, because you must also have love. This is why it is written that Jesus was unable to perform miracles among them, because of their disbelief. It is not because of a lack of His faith (Mark 9:23).

Faith is not enough, because you must also have love. This is why it is written that Jesus was unable to perform miracles among them, because of their disbelief. It is not because of a lack of His faith (Mark 9:23).
You are so correct that we must have love. But faith and love comes by the same Spirit. The Holy Spirit, is the ONLY ONE that can produce LOVE in us. When we are filled with the Spirit, we received the character of the Spirit as well, which is the Fruit of the Spirit, which are LOVE, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, FAITH, meekness, and temperance, Galatians 5:22-23.

We are not capable of producing godly love, nor are we capable of godly faith. Both are given to us as the gift from God, Colossians 1:11, "Strengthened with all might, according to his (God) glorious power (Holy Spirit), unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness (Fruit of the Spirit).

Also to your other point about their disbelief. If you think about it, faith these days have been waining for many, many years, even centuries. This lack of faith put a dent in the ability of godly men to heal people of sicknesses, and move mountains through miracles. So for one issue of sickness, I do believe God made provisions for man by given doctors the ability to heal through science. I don't think it's a mistake that these doctors are driven to find cures for society, and I believe it is the work of the Holy Spirit in the world, although some don't even believe in God. But nonetheless, God chooses unbelievers to carry out His purposes. Think about the millions of babies/young children that would have died if children vaccines had not been discovered. And the man who discovered penicillin. Think about the millions of diseases that penicillin cured. I believe God took measures in his own hands to save mankind from massive death due to the lack of faith in the world.

Back