Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who Are The Two Witnesses?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Previous nukes?

Stars falling from heaven?

When in past?
Some think dinosaurs died from a meteor. That probably looked like a star falling.

What our sun is?:
Nuclear fission and fusion?

Our little weapons pale in comparison.

Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed by God from heaven.

Given enough time we may discover an ocean disaster happens in the past (fish died). Another star?

What is my point?
That some things have happened in the past by God, and may happen again at Gods hand (in the future).

Mississippi redneck
eddif

This is what the time of the end is about.

40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over.

41 He shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries shall be overthrown: but these shall escape out of his hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon.

42 He shall stretch forth his hand also upon the countries: and the land of Egypt shall not escape.

43 But he shall have power over the treasures of gold and of silver, and over all the precious things of Egypt: and the Libyans and the Ethiopians shall be at his steps.

44 But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many.

This is what the time of the end is about.

40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over.

41 He shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries shall be overthrown: but these shall escape out of his hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon.

42 He shall stretch forth his hand also upon the countries: and the land of Egypt shall not escape.

43 But he shall have power over the treasures of gold and of silver, and over all the precious things of Egypt: and the Libyans and the Ethiopians shall be at his steps.

44 But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many.
And could this be the king of the North Star?

Are we saying the same thing?

eddif

There is this new thing called Google.
I'm sorry, but I will not tolerate rudeness. When one brings something to the conversation and when asked to explain something then is is only right to do so. I've never heard of SCTV and eddif was gracious enough to let me know what it meant.

When one shows grace to others then grace is shown back to them.

I'm sorry, but I will not tolerate rudeness. When one brings something to the conversation and when asked to explain something then is is only right to do so. I've never heard of SCTV and eddif was gracious enough to let me know what it meant.

When one shows grace to others then grace is shown back to them.
You pressed for an answer... then were upset with how I chose to answer said question.
Grace seems to be a little one sided. IMO.

Maybe people take themselves too seriously sometimes... I don't know.
Sometimes a silly comment is needed to reset everyone's focus.

You pressed for an answer... then were upset with how I chose to answer said question.
Grace seems to be a little one sided. IMO.

Maybe people take themselves too seriously sometimes... I don't know.
Sometimes a silly comment is needed to reset everyone's focus.
I wasn't upset and I never pressed for an answer, but found your answer being sarcastic in nature telling me if I didn't get it it wasn't for me and then telling me there is this new thing called Google. I find this very rude and obnoxious on your part. What was so hard about telling me who Bob and McKenzie are when I asked you as there was nothing in the OP about them. The polite thing would have been to answer my simple question since I never heard of them.

But, I digress and moving on.

You've never heard of the Samson option have you?
It's a policy of the Israeli government to destroy itself and everyone else that attacks it.The policy is to destroy its own land and its own people.Israel is the only country I know of that has a policy like that.

Isaiah 14:19-20
But you are cast out of your tomb like a rejected branch; you are covered with the slain, with those pierced by the sword, those who descend to the stones of the pit. Like a corpse trampled underfoot,
you will not join them in burial, for you have destroyed your land and killed your people. Let the offspring of the wicked never be mentioned again.

Three days after the beast from the pit has killed the two witnesses and taken control of Jerusalem(Israel's capital),there is a severe earthquake in Jerusalem and a cloud departs Jerusalem and rises into the heavens.The two witnesses ascend in that cloud.
This is recorded in revelation 11.
I believe the two witnesses are 2 men born, raised and appointed by God in the very last days of this age. Jerusalem is not the Babylon in Revelation for the reasons already given. The Israeli Government is not the beast depicted in REV who destroys the future economic powerhouse City of Babylon. A city along the lines of Dubai. Extremely wealthy. Does trade with many nations. I believe the wealth is generated by "oil" which will be come to be with much more limited reserves in future years. Whoever has those resources will be better enabled to dictate their only policies. A city who rules over the nations.

I believe the two witnesses are 2 men born, raised and appointed by God in the very last days of this age. Jerusalem is not the Babylon in Revelation for the reasons already given. The Israeli Government is not the beast depicted in REV who destroys the future economic powerhouse City of Babylon. A city along the lines of Dubai. Extremely wealthy. Does trade with many nations. I believe the wealth is generated by "oil" which will be come to be with much more limited reserves in future years. Whoever has those resources will be better enabled to dictate their only policies. A city who rules over the nations.
The beast out of the sea does not destroy Babylon.It is the king of Babylon.Babylon worships that beast and recieves it's mark.
The beast from the pit attacks and conquers Babylon.That being the Medes.

The only Beast that I can see nowadays is the Corporate Beast. It's global. It's all about controlling us as well as our money.

And nobody can buy anything at all unless they join the club...

The beast out of the sea does not destroy Babylon.It is the king of Babylon.Babylon worships that beast and recieves it's mark.
The beast from the pit attacks and conquers Babylon.That being the Medes.
The women is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth. Rev 17:18
The beast and the 10 kings aligned with him will hate that prostitute and burn her with fire.
rev 17:16

That is not the government of Israel destroying Jerusalem.
The city will remain habitable.

The women is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth. Rev 17:18
The beast and the 10 kings aligned with him will hate that prostitute and burn her with fire.
rev 17:16

That is not the government of Israel destroying Jerusalem.
The city will remain habitable.
The beast that comes out of the sea is not the beast that comes out of the pit.
The city remains habitable by those who can walk through fire and drink poison.

The beast that comes out of the sea is not the beast that comes out of the pit.
The city remains habitable by those who can walk through fire and drink poison.
Only 2 the beast and his false prophet who were thrown alive in the lake of fire.
Babylon that is destroyed will never be inhabited again. That’s doesn’t fit Jerusalem.

Only 2 the beast and his false prophet who were thrown alive in the lake of fire.
Babylon that is destroyed will never be inhabited again. That’s doesn’t fit Jerusalem.
Revelation 18:24
And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

There is only one people on earth that fits this description.

Mathew 23:35
That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
While righteous peoples death is associated in Rev to Babylon a city that rules over the nations in those days that is not who Jesus is speaking of in Matthew. Jerusalem the Holy City will be inhabited after the 2nd coming. The Babylon destroyed in Rev will never be inhabited again.

Yet.

You can't change the word of God.Yet isn't going to change anything.The only thing is going to change is the number of righteous deaths those in Jerusalem will cause.That number will increase.

Luke 11:49
Because of this, God in his wisdom said, ‘I will send them prophets and apostles, some of whom they will kill and others they will persecute.’

In fact,I'd say that number will increase right up to the day the son of man comes.

Mathew 10:23
When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

PS,
Jesus is talking about the future tribulation here.The one that takes place just before he comes.

You can't change the word of God.Yet isn't going to change anything.The only thing is going to change is the number of righteous deaths those in Jerusalem will cause.That number will increase.

Luke 11:49
Because of this, God in his wisdom said, ‘I will send them prophets and apostles, some of whom they will kill and others they will persecute.’

In fact,I'd say that number will increase right up to the day the son of man comes.

Mathew 10:23
When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

PS,
Jesus is talking about the future tribulation here.The one that takes place just before he comes.
But if we are talking about Jerusalem being Babylon... it would have to match every aspect to be correct.
Does Jerusalem match every aspect of chapters 17+18?

But if we are talking about Jerusalem being Babylon... it would have to match every aspect to be correct.
Does Jerusalem match every aspect of chapters 17+18?

Well,this we know,the two witnesses will lie in the street of that great city.Spiritually known as Sodom which some claim to be holy.Does Sodom sound holy to you?I expect after that great city has been made desolate,it will then be holy.

Revelation 16:19
The great city split into three parts, and the cities of the nations collapsed. God remembered Babylon the Great and gave her the cup filled with the wine of the fury of his wrath.

Revelation 11:8
Their bodies will lie in the public square of the great city—which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt—where also their Lord was crucified.

The two witnesses are the two sons of oil, zechariah chapter 4 to document. The two sons of oil are standing next Jesus Mercy seat. Their in heaven right now. Angels have no gender. Jesus made it clear in gospel of Matthew, that angels dont marry. Revelation chapter 11. The two witnesses arrive 10 days before satan as antichrist, in Jerusalem. The testimony of two sons of oil is truth. They will feed God's elect. Out of ignorance, the majority will think two witnesses are crazy. Because their biblically illiterate. Antichrist will convince whole world, except God's Elect, that's he's messiah. The Election will be informed, and guided by the two witnesses. The antichrist, and two witnesses both arrive at the 6th trump. Theirs 10 days preparations before antichrist arrives in Jerusalem. That's why its dangerous to study with false preachers and hirelings. False doctrine will lead many to worship antichrist. Read zechariah chapter 11. Jesus hates the sheep traffickers. I wonder why??. Could it be fake shepherds and heretics?. Its a disgrace at what's being taught in some denominations. You don't need to study revelation or old testament. Won't teach who kenites are. Wont teach parable of fig tree. And some churches deny christ was born in the flesh. You dont want any part of these false preachers. Ephesians chapter 6, the gospel armour is only way past antichrist lies and deception. Sound doctrine, studying the bible.

Well,this we know,the two witnesses will lie in the street of that great city.Spiritually known as Sodom which some claim to be holy.Does Sodom sound holy to you?I expect after that great city has been made desolate,it will then be holy.

Revelation 16:19
The great city split into three parts, and the cities of the nations collapsed. God remembered Babylon the Great and gave her the cup filled with the wine of the fury of his wrath.

Revelation 11:8
Their bodies will lie in the public square of the great city—which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt—where also their Lord was crucified.
So, no, you don't have a list of how Jerusalem matches chapter 17+18.
That was all you had to say.

Back