Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

WHY DID GOD GIVE THE TEN COMMANDMENTS?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Sorry I never explained enough on the point I was trying to make about how the treatment of sinners has changed.

During the days of Israel they practiced stoning, Christians no longer do. However we know during the 1000's years everyone will be treated the same again, the second death.

First time I've ever seen someone offended by a kind word.....

Digging

I was not offended at ALL just asking for I clarification of your statement and stating my belief.

All is well, not to worry. Be Blessed

Sorry I never explained enough on the point I was trying to make about how the treatment of sinners has changed.

During the days of Israel they practiced stoning, Christians no longer do. However we know during the 1000's years everyone will be treated the same again, the second death.

First time I've ever seen someone offended by a kind word.....

Digging
Well please just call me by Mitspa.
And again I make the point that the strength of sin, is the law.

The reason those who claim to uphold the law, are so focused and think about sin so much, is because they are under the law.

Die to the law, come alive to Christ, and sin will lose its power over you.

For sin will not have dominion over you, because you are not under law, but under grace.

THE STRENGTH OF SIN IS THE LAW!
The 10 commandments produce sinful desires!

Rom 3:19

Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
Rom 3:20

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Gal 3:10

For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
Gal 3:11

But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
Gal 3:12

And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Gal 3:22

But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
Gal 3:23

But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
Gal 3:24

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

I find it really hard to understand how satan has so blinded much of the "church" It seems so few understand what is so clear?:pray

The Apostle Paul said ALL MEN WILL BE JUDGED BY HIS GOSPEL.

He also declared that if any man or even an ANGEL from heaven decalred any other gospel, other than the one He had preached? That they were cursed!

Now the reason so many know so little about the TRUTH? is because they have not heard Pauls Gospel.

The Kingdom of God is shut-up from those who reject his report.

That NO MAN is justified, by any part of the law, is evident!
Why do so few understand what is so clear?

Rom 3:19

I find it really hard to understand how satan has so blinded much of the "church" It seems so few understand what is so clear?:pray
Here's one the devil has slipped in on you and the church, the context is in reference to the whole law which includes animal sacrifices. Paul asked how do you define sin if not for the law? How do you know what sin is if not for the law. Is it still not sin to marry your father's widow?

How do you define what sin is if not for the reading and understanding of the statues of life. The commandments were given to Moses because the world had forgotten the statues of life as it has to this day!

Deu 8:1 All the commandments which I command thee this day shall ye observe to do, that ye may live, and multiply, and go in and possess the land which the LORD sware unto your fathers.
--------------
Deu 30:16 In that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it.
--------------
Neh 9:29 And testifiedst against them, that thou mightest bring them again unto thy law: yet they dealt proudly, and hearkened not unto thy commandments, but sinned against thy judgments, (which if a man do, he shall live in them;) and withdrew the shoulder, and hardened their neck, and would not hear.
--------------
Pro 4:4 He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words: keep my commandments, and live.
--------------
Pro 7:2 Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye.
Another one of Chris-tianity lies, the law did save.

Here's one the devil has slipped in on you and the church, the context is in reference to the whole law which includes animal sacrifices. Paul asked how do you define sin if not for the law? How do you know what sin is if not for the law. Is it still not sin to marry your father's widow?

How do you define what sin is if not for the reading and understanding of the statues of life. The commandments were given to Moses because the world had forgotten the statues of life as it has to this day!

Another one of Chris-tianity lies, the law did save.

Well the law brings us to Christ, and He is the Life!
So you are in conflict with clear scripture?
The ministry of DEATH and condemnation, written and engraved in stone. The ten commandments had ONE PURPOSE? TO MAKE ALL SINNERS!
You look to the OLD covenant? and it will point you to the law!
You look to the NEW COVENANT and it points only to Life of Christ.
I through the law died to the law! I think maybe you are the one who has been deceived?

The law is not of faith!
The just (righteous) shall live by faith! This is the gospel, all else is false doctrine!

Well the law brings us to Christ, and He is the Life!
So you are in conflict with clear scripture?
It's you and Chris-tianity that's in conflict with the scriptures. The context is about keeping the whole law. Accept the truth or not!

The ministry of DEATH and condemnation, written and engraved in stone. The ten commandments had ONE PURPOSE? TO MAKE ALL SINNERS!
You look to the OLD covenant? and it will point you to the law!
You look to the NEW COVENANT and it points only to Life of Christ.
I through the law died to the law! I think maybe you are the one who has been deceived?
That's the teaching of the anti-christ spirit because they don't want you to read and understand the whole law and purpose of the scriptures. They have succeed in brainwashing Christ-tians into not reading and understanding scripture. You will never understand precepts upon precepts without the old testament.

The law is not of faith!
The just (righteous) shall live by faith! This is the gospel, all else is false doctrine!
The whole law is not of faith, but faith without works is dead. Knowledge is power.

Luk 16:17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.
Which part of not one tittle of the law don't you understand?

It's you and Chris-tianity that's in conflict with the scriptures. The context is about keeping the whole law. Accept the truth or not!

That's the teaching of the anti-christ spirit because they don't want you to read and understand the whole law and purpose of the scriptures. They have succeed in brainwashing Christ-tians into not reading and understanding scripture. You will never understand precepts upon precepts without the old testament.

The whole law is not of faith, but faith without works is dead. Knowledge is power.

Which part of not one tittle of the law don't you understand?

No I must say that most of "christiany" is in your camp!

half way justified by faith and half by the law.

So its part of the law? let me guess? The part you decide you want to keep?

ALL MEN WILL BE JUDGED ACCORDING TO GOSPEL PAUL PREACHED! if any man or even an angel from heaven preach any other gospel, they are cursed.

Every jot and tittle! not this part and that part!

So count me with Paul! the scriptures are clear? The ministry of death and condemnation, written in stones THE TEN COMMANDMENTS!

the law is not of faith! That no man is justified by any part of the law is EVIDENT!

this means that its not a debatable issue! is already been made clear.

No I must say that most of "christiany" is in your camp!

half way justified by faith and half by the law.

So its part of the law? let me guess? The part you decide you want to keep?
You're obviously not getting the message. The point is, the context is about keeping the whole law, not about defining sin by the law.

Why you can't accept the fact, is your perogative.

ALL MEN WILL BE JUDGED ACCORDING TO GOSPEL PAUL PREACHED! if any man or even an angel from heaven preach any other gospel, they are cursed.
You're putting your trust on man and not on God. The scriptures aren't without fault.

Not everything written in scripture as the writings of Paul is Paul's.

Every jot and tittle! not this part and that part!
Sounds like an oxymoron on your part. Try again, but this time try not to contradict the scripture.

So count me with Paul! the scriptures are clear? The ministry of death and condemnation, written in stones THE TEN COMMANDMENTS!
I count you a man that has blind faith led by blind guides. Try reading the scriptures as a book and get a better understanding of the context and chronology.

the law is not of faith! That no man is justified by any part of the law is EVIDENT!

this means that its not a debatable issue! is already been made clear.
You're obvioulsy repeating what you've been taught by your blind guides.

Everything I say I can prove, obviously you're not interested!

You're obviously not getting the message. The point is, the context is about keeping the whole law, not about defining sin by the law.

Why you can't accept the fact, is your perogative.

You're putting your trust on man and not on God. The scriptures aren't without fault.

Not everything written in scripture as the writings of Paul is Paul's.
Everything I say I can prove, obviously you're not interested!
"Did God really say" Did Paul preach the gospel?
Well I think that is where you and I will never agree!

ALL MEN WILL BE JUDGED BY PAULS GOSPEL!
IF ANY MAN OR EVEN AN ANGEL FROM HEAVEN TRIED TO PRESENT ME WITH ANOTHER GOSPEL? i would rebuke him in the Name of Jesus!
I did not write these things, the are Gods Word! so if you cannot honor Gods Word? I can in no way deliver you from the hands of satan and your false doctrines!

Ok welcome Precepts!

Here is how I see the faithful men of old who worshipped through the Temple arrangement. If they worshipped with faith they are part of the firstfruits and clearly thier faith was the same kind of faith the early christians had as well. They believed Jesus WOULD come, and we believe he DID come and both groups need the same kind of faith that guides theirs lives and actions.

Through the temple they could approach God for forgiveness and now through the spiritual temple we can do the same. Same kinds of sins needing forgiveness just a different temple and sacrifice being call upon for covering the sin.

Digging

I know, I'm a glutton for punishment, so here it goes.

John 1:17

New King James Version (NKJV)

17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Can I get some grace and mercy?

- Davies

I know, I'm a glutton for punishment, so here it goes.

John 1:17

17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Can I get some grace and mercy?

- Davies

You got it!
All the grace of heaven to rest upon every truth.

Hello bro Davies, good to see your words again.

"Did God really say" Did Paul preach the gospel?
Well I think that is where you and I will never agree!
We will never agree because you don't bear fruit. You're not interested in knowing the truth whether I have proof or not which is a reflection of your works. A civil person would have a civil logical discussion.

ALL MEN WILL BE JUDGED BY PAULS GOSPEL!
IF ANY MAN OR EVEN AN ANGEL FROM HEAVEN TRIED TO PRESENT ME WITH ANOTHER GOSPEL? i would rebuke him in the Name of Jesus!
I did not write these things, the are Gods Word! so if you cannot honor Gods Word? I can in no way deliver you from the hands of satan and your false doctrines!
This is blasphemy!
Rev 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.
To say the bible is 100% God's word is insanity.

You obviously have a limited knowledge, blind faith, and an unwillingness for the truth,

Action definately speaks louder than words and like the good book says, if I don't detect wisdom and understanding in a so-called follower of Christ to depart. Have a nice eternity!

digging's quote:
Ok welcome Precepts!

Here is how I see the faithful men of old who worshipped through the Temple arrangement. If they worshipped with faith they are part of the firstfruits and clearly thier faith was the same kind of faith the early christians had as well.
What does that have to do with the topic at hand?! The point is the old testament laws saved. If you kept them and walked in them, you lived. That's a fact that Chris-tianity is denying.

digging's quote:
They believed Jesus WOULD come, and we believe he DID come and both groups need the same kind of faith that guides theirs lives and actions.

Through the temple they could approach God for forgiveness and now through the spiritual temple we can do the same. Same kinds of sins needing forgiveness just a different temple and sacrifice being call upon for covering the sin.

Digging
The fact is the law saved in the old testament contrary to Chris-tianity's teaching that the law couldn't save based on the misinterpretations of Paul's words addressing the issue of keeping the whole law. Then what is meant by not one tittle of law passing away before heaven and earth is that the laws are eternally the statues of God. How does one define sin. What is sin if not for reading what sin is in the laws of Moses was Paul's misinterpretated statement!

As for the friendship invitation, I must decline. I have to discern spirits before I indulge in any kind of freindship.

KRS1
Keeper of Records and Seals

Last edited by a moderator:
We will never agree because you don't bear fruit. You're not interested in knowing the truth whether I have proof or not which is a reflection of your works. A civil person would have a civil logical discussion.

This is blasphemy!
To say the bible is 100% God's word is insanity.

You obviously have a limited knowledge, blind faith, and an unwillingness for the truth,

Action definately speaks louder than words and like the good book says, if I don't detect wisdom and understanding in a so-called follower of Christ to depart. Have a nice eternity!

digging's quote:
What does that have to do with the topic at hand?! The point is the old testament laws saved. If you kept them and walked in them, you lived. That's a fact that Chris-tianity is denying.

digging's quote:
The fact is the law saved in the old testament contrary to Chris-tianity's teaching that the law couldn't save based on the misinterpretations of Paul's words addressing the issue of keeping the whole law. Then what is meant by not one tittle of law passing away before heaven and earth is that the laws are eternally the statues of God. How does one define sin. What is sin if not for reading what sin is in the laws of Moses was Paul's misinterpretated statement!

As for the friendship invitation, I must decline. I have to discern spirits before I indulge in any kind of freindship.

KRS1

it is a small thing with me to judge by mans judgment, for their is One who jugdes me, and He is well pleased!

Hi precepts,

I was kinda confused, so I assume I'm misunderstanding. You said , "The point is the old testament laws saved." Do you mean that people enjoyed long life because they obeyed the laws of God? When I think of the term saved, I'm thinking of saved, or justified before God. Here is a beautiful passage from the Bible:
Galatians 4:4-7

4 But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born[a] of a woman, born under the law, 5 to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.
6 And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!” 7 Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of[b] God through Christ.

Jesus lived a perfect, sinless life. He was born under the law so that we may be redeemed. We need to be redeemed because we have not kept the law. When we repent and put our faith in Jesus Christ, we are no longer under the law, because Jesus provided propitiation for our sins. Now, we stand perfect in the righteousness of Jesus. Not one jot or tittle has been left undone.

God is good,

- Davies

Hi precepts,

I was kinda confused, so I assume I'm misunderstanding. You said , "The point is the old testament laws saved." Do you mean that people enjoyed long life because they obeyed the laws of God? When I think of the term saved, I'm thinking of saved, or justified before God. Here is a beautiful passage from the Bible:

4 But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born[a] of a woman, born under the law, 5 to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.
6 And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!” 7 Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of[b] God through Christ.

Jesus lived a perfect, sinless life. He was born under the law so that we may be redeemed. We need to be redeemed because we have not kept the law. When we repent and put our faith in Jesus Christ, we are no longer under the law, because Jesus provided propitiation for our sins. Now, we stand perfect in the righteousness of Jesus. Not one jot or tittle has been left undone.

God is good,

- Davies

Help me to understand where you would go from there. If we are no longer under the law, are we free then to live as we see fit? Sin is only imputed where there is law, so if there is no law, there is no sin. If no sin, then we are not sinners and do not need a Savior.

Help me to understand where you would go from there. If we are no longer under the law, are we free then to live as we see fit? Sin is only imputed where there is law, so if there is no law, there is no sin. If no sin, then we are not sinners and do not need a Savior.

Hi John 8:32,

You're going to get me in trouble with Mitspa, so here it goes. lol

After we are saved, we stop looking to obey the law to be justified in God's sight, rather because of our love to God for having been justified by the righteousness of Jesus, we obey Jesus. Jesus said, 'If you love Me, keep My commandments.' The motivation for what we do has changed. That does not mean we are free to sin, on the contrary, we are constrained by God's love and experience the freedom of the consequences of the law, namely condemnation. We still struggle. We still sin because the flesh is weak and we are not perfectly conformed to Jesus' image. I refer to being transformed into the image of Jesus as sanctification, different then justification. We need the Savior on both accounts, because we can do nothing without Him.

Philippians 3:12-14

Pressing Toward the Goal

12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

- Davies

Hi precepts,

Jesus lived a perfect, sinless life. He was born under the law so that we may be redeemed. We need to be redeemed because we have not kept the law.
Who told you we were redeemed because we couldn't keep the law?! That's exactly the type of anti-christ propaganda that I'm talking about. Where is it written that no one could keep the law when I provided verses saying different. The redemption is that of adoption into the heavenly kingdom as sons of God and not servants of the flesh. The adoption is the resurrection of the dead.

When we repent and put our faith in Jesus Christ, we are no longer under the law, because Jesus provided propitiation for our sins. Now, we stand perfect in the righteousness of Jesus. Not one jot or tittle has been left undone.

God is good,

- Davies
Davies 23:12 I presume! The text didn't say not one tittle is undone but none pass away. That means they still stand.

KRS1

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditto!!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back