Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Why I want to be left behind

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
sword-fighting.gif
726347.gif

lol.

The Resurrection of the dead in Christ takes place AFTER the tribulation and BEFORE the Rapture.

That is ALL anyone needs to know, to understand the timing of the Rapture.

JLB

ya, i think we have already gone through pages of me helping you understand that timing. Your right, it's a timing thing. :)

Ah well, I guess post get to long to trudge through them.
Mike, I trudged through every last word of your posts. I don't mind at all. :)
I have read this one too. But I will only address what's below right now. Please see those things in blue in your post.
After Tribulation.
Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
(Mat 24:29-31)
anyway... blessings. it was getting to long again.
Mike.
Who/what are the sun, moon, and stars?
Gen 37:9 And he dreameth yet another dream, and recounteth it to his brethren, and saith, `Lo, I have dreamed a dream again, and lo, the sun and the moon, and eleven stars, are bowing themselves to me.'
Gen 37:10 And he recounteth unto his father, and unto his brethren; and his father pusheth against him, and saith to him, `What is this dream which thou hast dreamt? do we certainly come--I, and thy mother, and thy brethren--to bow ourselves to thee, to the earth?'

Heb 12:25 See, may ye not refuse him who is speaking, for if those did not escape who refused him who upon earth was divinely speaking--much less we who do turn away from him who speaketh from heaven,
Heb 12:26 whose voice the earth shook then, and now hath he promised, saying, `Yet once--I shake not only the earth, but also the heaven;'
Heb 12:27 and this--`Yet once' --doth make evident the removal of the things shaken, as of things having been made, that the things not shaken may remain;
Heb 12:28 wherefore, a kingdom that cannot be shaken receiving, may we have grace, through which we may serve God well-pleasingly, with reverence and religious fear;

The sun, moon, and stars.....Jacob (Israel), his wife, and their 12 sons, 11 brothers + Joseph (picture of the Messiah). The nation of Israel, as a physical nation and the Mosaic economy was removed.
When Judea/Jerusalem fell the sun, moon, and stars fell. They could and were shaken and removed.
We have received a kingdom that cannot be shaken. The Kingdom of our God can't be shaken and remains both in heaven and on earth to this day.
There is coming a day when the Lord will come for the last time and all things that are not His will be destroyed, after the resurrection of all those asleep (dead) and those still living at His return.
This is how I understand these scriptures.

ya, i think we have already gone through pages of me helping you understand that timing. Your right, it's a timing thing. :)

The Resurrection of the dead in Christ takes place AFTER the tribulation and BEFORE the Rapture.

The burden of proof is on you to show scriptures that teach us the Resurrection of the dead in Christ is before the tribulation.

Because the Rapture comes after the Resurrection of the dead in Christ.

JLB

The burden of proof is on you to show scriptures that teach us the Resurrection of the dead in Christ is before the tribulation.

JLB
JLB, you should by now know to be surprised that I'm responding to your arrogant display here but I will. You posted nothing scriptural and then demand more than you give? You are not the king, dude

JLB

WOW!! you have all the answers :woot2

WOW!! you have all the answers :woot2

Did you change your position?
I thought you were pre-trib?

JLB, funky wording from you.
"The Resurrection of the dead in Christ takes place AFTER the tribulation and BEFORE the Rapture."
I think you said....
The dead in Christ shall rise and after that those alive in Christ will be caught up, BOTH after the tribulation. :cool2

Did you change your position?
I thought you were pre-trib?

JLB, funky wording from you.
"The Resurrection of the dead in Christ takes place AFTER the tribulation and BEFORE the Rapture."
I think you said....
The dead in Christ shall rise and after that those alive in Christ will be caught up, BOTH after the tribulation. :cool2
smiley-rolleyes006.gif
Sorry for my sarcasm.

That's OK, I just didn't get it. :oops2
Good evening youngster,
I'll bet you understand why I try to ignore certain discussions. I have a rough time when people, just, don't know how to suppress the pride or the urge to demand their own way in spite of any reason. I used to love debating with professors and college grads about the scriptures but I've noticed that as the time for the Trib. and the Rapture nears the LORD is hardening the hearts of many, many, people making intelligent discussion and intelligent debate almost impossible with some people. There is even one member, here, that I periodically take off of ignore but as I watch, he is progressively growing worse and to avoid being drawn in I must ignore him.

I pray, sometimes, that the LORD holds tight to those that are His because Satan is so subtle and such a snake. From reading the scriptures I know this will get much worse but I already hate this. Today, it appears to me that the more education a person has, the more they are affected by this condition.

May God pour out His blessings on all here.

Good evening youngster,
I'll bet you understand why I try to ignore certain discussions. I have a rough time when people, just, don't know how to suppress the pride or the urge to demand their own way in spite of any reason. I used to love debating with professors and college grads about the scriptures but I've noticed that as the time for the Trib. and the Rapture nears the LORD is hardening the hearts of many, many, people making intelligent discussion and intelligent debate almost impossible with some people. There is even one member, here, that I periodically take off of ignore but as I watch, he is progressively growing worse and to avoid being drawn in I must ignore him.

I pray, sometimes, that the LORD holds tight to those that are His because Satan is so subtle and such a snake. From reading the scriptures I know this will get much worse but I already hate this. Today, it appears to me that the more education a person has, the more they are affected by this condition.

May God pour out His blessings on all here.
May God Bless you too.

Mike, I trudged through every last word of your posts. I don't mind at all. :)
I have read this one too. But I will only address what's below right now. Please see those things in blue in your post.

Who/what are the sun, moon, and stars?
Gen 37:9 And he dreameth yet another dream, and recounteth it to his brethren, and saith, `Lo, I have dreamed a dream again, and lo, the sun and the moon, and eleven stars, are bowing themselves to me.'
Gen 37:10 And he recounteth unto his father, and unto his brethren; and his father pusheth against him, and saith to him, `What is this dream which thou hast dreamt? do we certainly come--I, and thy mother, and thy brethren--to bow ourselves to thee, to the earth?'

Heb 12:25 See, may ye not refuse him who is speaking, for if those did not escape who refused him who upon earth was divinely speaking--much less we who do turn away from him who speaketh from heaven,
Heb 12:26 whose voice the earth shook then, and now hath he promised, saying, `Yet once--I shake not only the earth, but also the heaven;'
Heb 12:27 and this--`Yet once' --doth make evident the removal of the things shaken, as of things having been made, that the things not shaken may remain;
Heb 12:28 wherefore, a kingdom that cannot be shaken receiving, may we have grace, through which we may serve God well-pleasingly, with reverence and religious fear;

The sun, moon, and stars.....Jacob (Israel), his wife, and their 12 sons, 11 brothers + Joseph (picture of the Messiah). The nation of Israel, as a physical nation and the Mosaic economy was removed.
When Judea/Jerusalem fell the sun, moon, and stars fell. They could and were shaken and removed.
We have received a kingdom that cannot be shaken. The Kingdom of our God can't be shaken and remains both in heaven and on earth to this day.
There is coming a day when the Lord will come for the last time and all things that are not His will be destroyed, after the resurrection of all those asleep (dead) and those still living at His return.
This is how I understand these scriptures.

The thing is Deborah is I tried to connect Joseph's sun, moon and stars. Joseph's 11, Rev 12, 12 stars. You have had to get this from someone else and I would look at it again and compare more exact things.

There are 7 seals, 7 trumpets and 7 vials. Jesus said He comes immediately after the tribulation, the 7th Angel sounds his trumpet to shorten those days that all flesh not perish.

There is a cosmic Event here. Jesus is on the way, show over.

Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it. For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine. And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.
(Isa 13:9-11)

The 6th seal is opened, followed by the 7th which brings 1/2 hour of complete silence on the Earth. People of the Nations know what is about to go down.

And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
(Luk 21:25-26)

And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.
(Joe 2:30-32)

And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come: And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
(Act 2:19-21)

And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
(Rev 6:12-16)

We have received a Kingdom that can't be shaken, but the folks experiencing this event are not us. Two groups here, those that try to hide, knowing who is coming once the moon turns blood read and the sun is put out and the stars just vanish. The other group may still call upon the name of the Lord to be saved. We are not here.

Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
(Mat 24:29)

All events match, and not tied to Joseph. Check it out.

JLB, you should by now know to be surprised that I'm responding to your arrogant display here but I will. You posted nothing scriptural and then demand more than you give? You are not the king, dude

Don't let em bother ya. We have been going back and fourth on this topic for a long time and many different threads. He just repeats himself because He can't get around the solid evidence that there is a rapture of the Church, the Lord moves His body out of God's way, so Satan can operate at full power without the hindrance of the Lord's Anointed and God can trash the place without us getting hurt in the process.

There is a reason we can't be around, and it's not all about us, but it would foul up God's plan, and iniquity will still be in check until the Lord removes his body out of the way. Where sin abounds, Grace abounds more. That grace is the gift of God, the body of Christ, giving light to this world.

And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
(2Th 2:10-12)

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
(Mat 24:14)

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
(2Pe 3:9)

Once we all do our part, and every ear has heard (over and over) that none should perish, then it's over. What is left did not receive the love the the truth, and God sends them a strong delusion. No point in us being around now, we won't break that delusion God sent to all who rejected the truth.

Blessings to everyone!!!

Mike

May God Bless you too.
When I try to read the signs and I see, in the headlines and on the news broadcasts, the wars and rumors of wars and all the volcanoes I find myself weeping because He is so close to coming for me and then my heart aches for all the lost people. we live in the most exciting time and, at the same time, the sadest time.

I know Mike but that 2th. 2 passage just rips me to pieces because it is a delusion that is so strong today.

May God bless ball that are here.

The problem with pretribbers is the fact they don't seperate the tribulation of satan from the wrath of God,they are totally two different events

I challenge any pretribber to show me one,just one verse where Christ comes before the tribulation

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back