Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
That would be correct. And now you should understand why the same words of the book produce differing theologies and doctrines: to keep the way to the tree of life.
I don't understand.
Please clarify.

How does having different theologies make the tree of life avx to us?

Reactions: JLB
Is tithing a Law that is still in effect?
No.

Only the Laws Jesus left us with are in effect.
Jesus has fulfilled the O.T. Laws of Moses....

But even that law has not been abolished but brought to the heart level by Christ.
He said to give joyfully....He did NOT mention any specific amount.

you lack patience

posting the question over and over as you do denotes a sense of badgering. As an admin on this site, I thought you would know better.

I only posted it again because you seemed to ignore it.

You would do well to read and believe what is written in the scriptures to instruct us in the ways of righteousness.

Ignoring a question once, and then asked again a second time, indicates your unwillingness to engage in a meaningful discussion, especially since the question is inspired by His word.

JLB

TOS 1.1and 1.3 violation
If what my heart desires lines up with scripture, then yes.

JLB

You see that IF in your statement? IF it lines up with scripture? See, you don't trust your heart to the faith of Christ; you have said it yourself, you trust your heart only to the scripture.

You see that IF in your statement? IF it lines up with scripture? See, you don't trust your heart to the faith of Christ; you have said it yourself, you trust your heart only to the scripture.
Are there things you believe that are not backed up with scripture?

Then we shouldn't use he moon landing doctrinally.
Right?
Do you believe anything doctrinal that is not scriptural?

When the donkey's day is done and he rests from his labors on a clear moonlit night, does a jackass consider the nature of God?

You have misrepresented what I said.

I have never stated “I don’t trust my heart to the faith of Christ”.

You have chosen to make up something that is not true about me, while refusing to answer my question.

Question —

Wouldn’t you agree that desiring our neighbors things, or wife (covetousness), and so that we steal from him, or commit adultery with his wife, is not loving our neighbor but rather it’s hating him?

Very deceitful of you sir.

JLB

This is a violation of TOS 1.1 and 1.3
Please creat a post in the Talk with the staff forum if you desire to discuss further.

Scripture never counters God.
"Things" that enter our minds/hearts often do counter God.

I don't understand.
Please clarify.

How does having different theologies make the tree of life avx to us?

I'm sorry you didn't understand me. All those different doctrines and theologies, those that are built off the same words of the book, they are like the swords, which spin every which way to prevent the way to the tree of life. We have all been given the same words of the book as a schoolmaster, but we have been given different teachers and tutors, with differing philosophies. Suited up in our school colors, we each put on our gospel armor, and wield our own sword of truth, while using the faith in our own doctrines to shield against the sword of another. All these swords, swinging in all directions, keeping us from finding the way to the tree of life. If you understood why it was done to Adam and Eve, could you not also find a purpose in all those different theologies?

The schoolmaster was meant to bring us to Christ, that Christ should lead us back to the tree of life. But how can one learn to follow after the Spirit of Christ while they continue to wear their school colors defending the doctrines and theologies of their own schoolmaster while attacking those of another?

I do not care for the way this thread has been going. I am here at my pleasure, not to suffer fools and bullies, so I will not be responding to anyone else.

Wondering Woman carried a golden lasso, she can seek her answers in the ropes.

I'm sorry you didn't understand me. All those different doctrines and theologies, those that are built off the same words of the book, they are like the swords, which spin every which way to prevent the way to the tree of life. We have all been given the same words of the book as a schoolmaster, but we have been given different teachers and tutors, with differing philosophies. Suited up in our school colors, we each put on our gospel armor, and wield our own sword of truth, while using the faith in our own doctrines to shield against the sword of another. All these swords, swinging in all directions, keeping us from finding the way to the tree of life. If you understood why it was done to Adam and Eve, could you not also find a purpose in all those different theologies?

The schoolmaster was meant to bring us to Christ, that Christ should lead us back to the tree of life. But how can one learn to follow after the Spirit of Christ while they continue to wear their school colors defending the doctrines and theologies of their own schoolmaster while attacking those of another?

I do not care for the way this thread has been going. I am here at my pleasure, not to suffer fools and bullies, so I will not be responding to anyone else.

Wondering Woman carried a golden lasso, she can seek her answers in the ropes.
I understand but have very little time lately.
Have read all....no explanation was necessary.

More later ...

Back