Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Woman on the Beast

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hi for_his_glory
I’ve been sandbagging this thread for a bit, but didn’t have anything of value to contribute.

I do have a question though. I thought these two tribes became the Samaritans. I thought that they only followed the Torah and rejected the rest of the Jewish scriptures. They also set up a temple to worship YHVH which brought a lot of strife between them and Israel. Also, Jesus went out of his way to reconcile them.

That’s about all I know. Can you fill me in on how they followed a harlot?
Revelation 7:1-8
John is given another vision after these things, meaning after the first six seals that are revealed to him. He now sees four angels standing on the four corners of the earth holding the four winds of the earth in order that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree until Gods servants were sealed.

These servants are the generational 144,000 from the twelve tribes of Israel, except for the tribe of Dan and Ephraim as they fell to idol worship and allowed God to be removed from them, Judges 18:30; 1 Kings12:25-33; Hosea 5:9, 11;Psalms 78:9-17, 65-67. To keep it twelve tribes since Dan and Ephraim are not mentioned in vs. 4-8 the tribe of Joseph appears twice, once under his own name and once under the name of his son Issachar/Manasseh. Judah is mentioned first as Messiah was to come from the lineage of David.

When studying the history of the twelve tribes of Israel being the sons of Jacob/Israel we find from 1047 B.C. and 931 B.C. the twelve tribes were under the leadership of three Kings, Saul, David and Solomon. Near the end of Solomon's reign he fell into idolatry and God spoke of tearing apart the Kingdom as judgment for these sins, 1 Kings 11:10-12.

After Solomon's death his son Rehoboam became King and those ten Northern tribes (Israel/Ephraim) rebelled against King Rehoboam and followed after Jeroboam up North causing a division of the north and south Kingdom. Only the tribe of Judah (Judah) and the tribe of Benjamin (Judah) stayed Loyal to King Rehoboam in the southern Kingdom for they kept Gods commandments as they knew David was the lineage of the promised Messiah as it was prophesied of the prophets of God. For almost two centuries the two Kingdoms where divided, but a remnant of the ten tribes soon came back to Judah after following Jeroboam as he turned the northern Kingdom into idol worshipers.

I have always said that 'Mystery Babylon' is the great whore.

But Mystery Babylon is not political Babylon. It is not the beast. Mystery Babylon is not the empires. She is the religious aspect of the empires used by the empires. And the kings, later represented by the 10 horns, hate her.

Mystery Babylon is not the 10 nations, nor the mother of the 10 nations. Again, you are mixing the woman with the beast.

Quantrill
What kind of religious aspect would that be you speak of?

Never heard of virgin Babylon or the Lady of the Chaldeans. Where is this found in scripture.

I must apologize, I thought you were a student of the word. As many times as I have mentioned Isaiah 47 in this thread, and as I have posted the scriptures from Isaiah 47 that mirror what is written in Revelation 18, I thought surely you would have taken the time to actually go back and read Isaiah 47 for yourself. If you are now asking me where this is found in the scriptures, I guess I was mistaken.

Isaiah 47:1
Come down, and sit in the dust, O virgin daughter of Babylon,
sit on the ground: there is no throne,
O daughter of the Chaldeans: for thou shalt no more be called tender and delicate.

Isaiah 47:5
Sit thou silent, and get thee into darkness, O daughter of the Chaldeans:
for thou shalt no more be called, The lady of kingdoms.

Isaiah 47:7
And thou saidst, I shall be a lady for ever:
so that thou didst not lay these things to thy heart,
neither didst remember the latter end of it.

Jeremiah 24:1-2
The Lord shewed me, and, behold, two baskets of figs were set before the temple of the Lord, after that Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon had carried away captive Jeconiah the son of Jehoiakim king of Judah, and the princes of Judah, with the carpenters and smiths, from Jerusalem, and had brought them to Babylon. One basket had very good figs, even like the figs that are first ripe: and the other basket had very naughty figs, which could not be eaten, they were so bad.

The basket of good figs is the virgin daughter of Babylon

Jeremiah 24:5-7
Thus saith the Lord, the God of Israel; Like these good figs, so will I acknowledge them that are carried away captive of Judah, whom I have sent out of this place into the land of the Chaldeans for their good. For I will set mine eyes upon them for good, and I will bring them again to this land: and I will build them, and not pull them down; and I will plant them, and not pluck them up. And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the Lord: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.

The basket of bad figs is daughter of the Chaldeans, who thinketh herself the lady of kingdoms.

Jeremiah 24:8-9
And as the evil figs, which cannot be eaten, they are so evil; surely thus saith the Lord, So will I give Zedekiah the king of Judah, and his princes, and the residue of Jerusalem, that remain in this land, and them that dwell in the land of Egypt: And I will deliver them to be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth for their hurt, to be a reproach and a proverb, a taunt and a curse, in all places whither I shall drive them.

Isaiah 47:9-12
But these two things shall come to thee in a moment in one day,
the loss of children, and widowhood:
they shall come upon thee in their perfection
for the multitude of thy sorceries, and for the great abundance of thine enchantments.
For thou hast trusted in thy wickedness: thou hast said, None seeth me.
Thy wisdom and thy knowledge, it hath perverted thee;
and thou hast said in thine heart, I am, and none else beside me.
Therefore shall evil come upon thee; thou shalt not know from whence it riseth:
and mischief shall fall upon thee; thou shalt not be able to put it off:
and desolation shall come upon thee suddenly, which thou shalt not know.
Stand now with thine enchantments, and with the multitude of thy sorceries,
wherein thou hast laboured from thy youth;
if so be thou shalt be able to profit, if so be thou mayest prevail.

I am done trying to discuss this with you as you continue to demean me and my understanding.

I apologize if my comment come across as demeaning. It is not really my intent to be demeaning. But I do intently challenge your understanding.

If I may share with you a piece of wisdom from my own experience. There is a scripture that says where your heart is, there is your treasure also. There is also a phrase somewhere that says something like you will find that which you seek after. I used to believe many of these things as you do, and sought out its knowledge too.

But then my heart changed, after I heard a voice and returned to my first love. From that time on, I've only sought after the knowledge of Christ and the Kingdom of God, for He has been given the Kingdoms of this world. When I look at the scripture, I am not looking for the knowledge of Lucifer, I look for the knowledge of the Lord. So if I were to think upon the nature of beast, then I would first remember that it is the LORD who established the beast for His purpose, and would then hope to understand what His purpose in it might be.

Revelation 17:17
For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

I would give my understanding towards learning the will of God.

When you ride on the back of a horse you control that horse by putting a bit into its mouth and use the reigns to guide it. This is the same beginning with the Babylonian Empire clear through the revived Roman Empire as they are guided by a political power (harlot) as they present a Luciferian system that controls world wide economics, political, military, educational and false religious systems.

I quoted this comment of yours to illustrate your emphasis on the Luciferian systems. But what of the Lords control, what is his will?

I do not interpret scripture however I want, nor would I ever do so as that would be adding to and taking away from the word of God, but I compare scripture with scripture, OT with NT and a lot of history in between in order to put it all together in how I understand all of it. It takes years to do this as I have been doing this for 40 years now and still learning everyday.

If the word is to be written on our hearts, then we have to be willing to let it in. If after 40 years of studying these things, what have you gained if all your understanding is focused on the kingdoms and systems of this world?

Isaiah 47:10

In all sincerity I ask, when you read those passages, are you able to lay these things to your heart? If you speak of the systems of Lucifer, are you able to ask yourself if your wisdom and knowledge may be perverting thee? For where your heart is, there is your treasure also. We are told to seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven, then all these things would be added. Can you tell us of His kingdom?

If I may share with you a piece of wisdom from my own experience. There is a scripture that says where your heart is, there is your treasure also.
With much respect, we are all students, and even a teacher must remain a student for none of us have a complete understanding and none of us are without error or misunderstanding.

Point in case. There is no scripture that I am aware of that says where your heart is, there your treasure is.

Actually, Jesus said, “For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.”

And so it is that our heart will follow the treasure. He then gives a story to illustrate that the emphasis and focus is on what we treasure. If we treasure he Kingdom, then our heart will be found doing Kingdom work.

We must be able to take correction from others, but just as important we need to give correction in a way that doesn’t belittle the other or elevate our own sense of self.

I hope this correction finds you well and it shifts your current perspective more in line with Jesus intent when he said it.

BTW, thank you for sharing the passages from Jeremiah and Isiah. They were insightful.

I must apologize, I thought you were a student of the word. As many times as I have mentioned Isaiah 47 in this thread, and as I have posted the scriptures from Isaiah 47 that mirror what is written in Revelation 18, I thought surely you would have taken the time to actually go back and read Isaiah 47 for yourself. If you are now asking me where this is found in the scriptures, I guess I was mistaken.

Isaiah 47:1
Come down, and sit in the dust, O virgin daughter of Babylon,
sit on the ground: there is no throne,
O daughter of the Chaldeans: for thou shalt no more be called tender and delicate.

Isaiah 47:5
Sit thou silent, and get thee into darkness, O daughter of the Chaldeans:
for thou shalt no more be called, The lady of kingdoms.

Jeremiah 24:1-2
The Lord shewed me, and, behold, two baskets of figs were set before the temple of the Lord, after that Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon had carried away captive Jeconiah the son of Jehoiakim king of Judah, and the princes of Judah, with the carpenters and smiths, from Jerusalem, and had brought them to Babylon. One basket had very good figs, even like the figs that are first ripe: and the other basket had very naughty figs, which could not be eaten, they were so bad.

The basket of good figs is the virgin daughter of Babylon

Jeremiah 24:5-7
Thus saith the Lord, the God of Israel; Like these good figs, so will I acknowledge them that are carried away captive of Judah, whom I have sent out of this place into the land of the Chaldeans for their good. For I will set mine eyes upon them for good, and I will bring them again to this land: and I will build them, and not pull them down; and I will plant them, and not pluck them up. And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the Lord: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.

The basket of bad figs is daughter of the Chaldeans, who thinketh herself the lady of kingdoms.

Jeremiah 24:8-9
And as the evil figs, which cannot be eaten, they are so evil; surely thus saith the Lord, So will I give Zedekiah the king of Judah, and his princes, and the residue of Jerusalem, that remain in this land, and them that dwell in the land of Egypt: And I will deliver them to be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth for their hurt, to be a reproach and a proverb, a taunt and a curse, in all places whither I shall drive them.

Isaiah 47:9-12
But these two things shall come to thee in a moment in one day,
the loss of children, and widowhood:
they shall come upon thee in their perfection
for the multitude of thy sorceries, and for the great abundance of thine enchantments.
Therefore shall evil come upon thee; thou shalt not know from whence it riseth:
and mischief shall fall upon thee; thou shalt not be able to put it off:
and desolation shall come upon thee suddenly, which thou shalt not know.
Stand now with thine enchantments, and with the multitude of thy sorceries,
wherein thou hast laboured from thy youth;
if so be thou shalt be able to profit, if so be thou mayest prevail.
In my post #83 I said: Isaiah Chapter 47 is about the humiliation of Babylon as Rev 17 explains who she is and in Rev 18 writes of her destruction by the hand of God in the end of days.

You disagreed with me in post # 96 saying, No, Isa 47 is about the daughters of that faithful city.

Isaiah Chapter 47 is not about the faithful city of Jerusalem, but only about the destruction of the first daughter of the harlot.

Isaiah 47:1 The virgin daughter means that of the Babylonian monarchy which was the first daughter of the harlot. It was virgin because it had not yet been conquored by King Cyrus in 539BC who brought in the second daughter of the harlot through the Medo – Persian Empire. Below are the daughters of the harlot.

Babylonian Empire:
(Iraq) The lion represents the winged lions that guarded the royal places of Babylon. This Empire ran from 2000BC - 1759BC

Medo – Persian Empire:
(Iran)

Grecian Empire:
(Greece, Turkey, Syria, Egypt) Four wings of the leopard described the swiftness of this empire that ran from 334-331BC. It wrestled world dominion from Medo-Persia. After the death of Alexander the Great the kingdom was divided into four minor kingdoms that continued as prominent factors in world politics until the Roman Empire gathered it back as one kingdom.

Roman Empire: (little horn, Daniel 8:9-14, 23-27)
Iron represents the stronghold this nation had. Daniel chapter 2 mentions the iron element of this empire that it to will be divided and broken as God will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed.
This Empire ran from 753BC -27BC

I apologize if my comment come across as demeaning. It is not really my intent to be demeaning. But I do intently challenge your understanding.
They do come across very demeaning, not only towards me, but others as well. I do accept your apology and I do like a good challenged, but not one that causes heavy debate or arguing that brings strife to the discussion. Challenges should help us to grow in knowledge as even now I am doing in this thread as I dig deeper into the word of God. We are ever learning as none of us can exhaust the teachings the Bible contains.

If I may share with you a piece of wisdom from my own experience. There is a scripture that says where your heart is, there is your treasure also.
Mat 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
You really did not show wisdom in misquoting that scripture when you said where your heart is, there is your treasure.
This is why it is so important to give the scripture so there is no confusion.

There is also a phrase somewhere that says something like you will find that which you seek after.
Mat 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
Mat 7:8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

If I may share with you a piece of wisdom from my own experience. There is a scripture that says where your heart is, there is your treasure also. There is also a phrase somewhere that says something like you will find that which you seek after. I used to believe many of these things as you do, and sought out its knowledge too.

But then my heart changed, after I heard a voice and returned to my first love. From that time on, I've only sought after the knowledge of Christ and the Kingdom of God, for He has been given the Kingdoms of this world. When I look at the scripture, I am not looking for the knowledge of Lucifer, I look for the knowledge of the Lord. So if I were to think upon the nature of beast, then I would first remember that it is the LORD who established the beast for His purpose, and would then hope to understand what His purpose in it might be.

Revelation 17:17
For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

I would give my understanding towards learning the will of God.

I quoted this comment of yours to illustrate your emphasis on the Luciferian systems. But what of the Lords control, what is his will?

If the word is to be written on our hearts, then we have to be willing to let it in. If after 40 years of studying these things, what have you gained if all your understanding is focused on the kingdoms and systems of this world?

Isaiah 47:10

In all sincerity I ask, when you read those passages, are you able to lay these things to your heart? If you speak of the systems of Lucifer, are you able to ask yourself if your wisdom and knowledge may be perverting thee? For where your heart is, there is your treasure also. We are told to seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven, then all these things would be added. Can you tell us of His kingdom?
We are all seeking truth within the scriptures, but yet we see many do not agree with each other. Oh, ya, they say the Holy Spirit taught them, but when you see scripture they give does not line up with what they say then no, the Holy Spirit did not teach them, but came by mans views opinions and doctrines.

It's up to each one of us to search the scriptures and even go outside of them for history and cultures of the different eras.

1John 2:26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
1John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

We need to Spiritually discern what others are teaching us as their are a lot of false teachers out there.

You said: So if I were to think upon the nature of beast, then I would first remember that it is the LORD who established the beast for His purpose, and would then hope to understand what His purpose in it might be.

I agree with this per Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

The word translated "evil" is from a Hebrew word kelalah that means adversary, affliction, calamity, distress and misery. This is what God has created and puts on those who He has cursed for their rebellion against Him so they know "I AM" in all sovereignty, Deuteronomy 27:11-26.

Exodus Chapter 7-11 is a witness of the "Great I AM" and what God brought forth in His affliction, calamity, distress and misery on Pharaoh and the Egyptians.

God gave Pharaoh and the Egyptians a chance to repent and turn back to Him, but they rejected God.

My emphasis is on the Luciferian system that comes by the mother of harlots and her daughters. This is what this thread is all about. Of course the Lord is in control as His will is love and that everyone needs to turn back to Him. God does not damn anyone as they damn themselves having no truth found in them.

My focus is on the kingdoms and systems of this world as giving warning to others not to be deceived by them bowing down and worshipping them. We all have different callings in our life and for me this is one of mine.

In all sincerity I try to bring the teachings of Christ to a hurting world in the best way I can in how I understand scripture. If I error in what I say the Holy Spirit will always send me correction and I am opened to receive it as He uses others with a greater knowledge to correct me. So far you have not corrected anything I have given.

With much respect, we are all students, and even a teacher must remain a student for none of us have a complete understanding and none of us are without error or misunderstanding.

Point in case. There is no scripture that I am aware of that says where your heart is, there your treasure is.

Actually, Jesus said, “For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.”

Thank you for pointing that out. For some reason I had them transposed in my mind. At least you understood the scripture I was trying to reference, even if I did get it backwards. If anything, you can rest assured, I do not have the scripture simply applied to wrote memorization.

Mat 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
You really did not show wisdom in misquoting that scripture when you said where your heart is, there is your treasure.
This is why it is so important to give the scripture so there is no confusion.

I'm sorry if my misquotation cause you to stumble and not hear the spirit of the message I was trying to convey. But again, you understood the scripture I was trying to reference. As Born Again believing Christians, we are to walk after the Spirit.

It may be important to you to quote every scripture, but it is not for me. I quote the scripture where I find appropriate, but if I tried to quote every scripture reference for you, then it interrupts the spirit of the thought that I am trying to convey; and secondarily, when I quote the scripture, as we all have a tendency to do, we focus on the scripture rather than the actual message trying to be conveyed.

2 Corinthians 3:6
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

I sure hope my misquoting the words of Jesus didn't cause you to strain at a gnat, while you swallowed the camel.

Matthew 23:24
Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

Thank you for pointing that out. For some reason I had them transposed in my mind. At least you understood the scripture I was trying to reference, even if I did get it backwards. If anything, you can rest assured, I do not have the scripture simply applied to wrote memorization.
Lol, we all do that at times. The Bible is a huge piece of work and we all have pieces and fragments of it that we either understand, or think we do anyway. I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed, so I greatly appreciate it when I’m corrected gently when I’m wrong. But I more so enjoy learning from others and sharing / being gently corrected by others. In this way we, as the Body of Christ are built up.

In my post #83 I said: Isaiah Chapter 47 is about the humiliation of Babylon as Rev 17 explains who she is and in Rev 18 writes of her destruction by the hand of God in the end of days.

You disagreed with me in post # 96 saying, No, Isa 47 is about the daughters of that faithful city.

Isaiah Chapter 47 is not about the faithful city of Jerusalem, but only about the destruction of the first daughter of the harlot.

Isaiah 47:1 The virgin daughter means that of the Babylonian monarchy which was the first daughter of the harlot. It was virgin because it had not yet been conquored by King Cyrus in 539BC who brought in the second daughter of the harlot through the Medo – Persian Empire. Below are the daughters of the harlot.

Babylonian Empire:
(Iraq) The lion represents the winged lions that guarded the royal places of Babylon. This Empire ran from 2000BC - 1759BC

Medo – Persian Empire:
(Iran)

Grecian Empire:
(Greece, Turkey, Syria, Egypt) Four wings of the leopard described the swiftness of this empire that ran from 334-331BC. It wrestled world dominion from Medo-Persia. After the death of Alexander the Great the kingdom was divided into four minor kingdoms that continued as prominent factors in world politics until the Roman Empire gathered it back as one kingdom.

Roman Empire: (little horn, Daniel 8:9-14, 23-27)
Iron represents the stronghold this nation had. Daniel chapter 2 mentions the iron element of this empire that it to will be divided and broken as God will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed.
This Empire ran from 753BC -27BC

This is what I don't get about you. What is the intent of this behind this reply? What does it have to do with the actual conversation at hand? You made a statement, then asked me a question. Here is your quote...

Never heard of virgin Babylon or the Lady of the Chaldeans. Where is this found in scripture.

I gave you those scriptures in Isaiah 47, did I not? What does our previous disagreement have anything to do with where in the scripture they were found?

I have always said that 'Mystery Babylon' is the great whore.

But Mystery Babylon is not political Babylon. It is not the beast. Mystery Babylon is not the empires. She is the religious aspect of the empires used by the empires. And the kings, later represented by the 10 horns, hate her.

Mystery Babylon is not the 10 nations, nor the mother of the 10 nations. Again, you are mixing the woman with the beast.

Quantrill
Apparently you are not understanding what I have been saying.

Mystery Babylon is the mother of harlots. Babylon is her first daughter followed by three more daughters, Medo/Persian Empire, Grecian Empire and Roman Empire. The ten horns represent the nations the Roman Empire scattered to when the deadly wound was put upon them, Daniel 7:23-25; Rev 13:3. I am not mixing anything as it is these four Empires, being political and a false religion as being pagan, that are her four daughters that follow in the footsteps of their harlot mother.

Rev 13 The beast out of the sea, meaning people and nations, is the Luciferian system that controls world wide economics, political, military, educational and false religious system. This beast system that Satan works through gives its power to the beast out of the earth as the beast out of the earth appears as the Lamb of God, but is a false Christ being the son of perdition, 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12 with two horns. The two horns represent the Old Roman Empire that received its deadly wound back in 1798 by General Berthier who made his entrance into Rome and abolished the Roman government and established a secular one. That caused them to scatter into the other ten nations (ten horns). The wound was healed in 1929 by Mussolini.

I'm sorry if my misquotation cause you to stumble and not hear the spirit of the message I was trying to convey. But again, you understood the scripture I was trying to reference. As Born Again believing Christians, we are to walk after the Spirit.

It may be important to you to quote every scripture, but it is not for me. I quote the scripture where I find appropriate, but if I tried to quote every scripture reference for you, then it interrupts the spirit of the thought that I am trying to convey; and secondarily, when I quote the scripture, as we all have a tendency to do, we focus on the scripture rather than the actual message trying to be conveyed.

2 Corinthians 3:6
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

I sure hope my misquoting the words of Jesus didn't cause you to strain at a gnat, while you swallowed the camel.

Matthew 23:24
Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
No, I didn't have to strain at any gnats, nor did I swallow any camels as all I was doing was pointing out what that vs said. I am also a stickler for saying things the right way. It's just how I was taught, but no biggy in this case, although they say barbecue sauce is good on everything, LOL.

You should know me by now how I am a stickler for giving scripture and would hope others would also do as I take the scriptures other post and go study them. Should we not be focusing on scripture that is the message we need to be conveying?

My emphasis is on the system that comes by the mother of harlots and her daughters. This is what this thread is all about. Of course the Lord is in control as His will is love and that everyone needs to turn back to Him. God does not damn anyone as they damn themselves having no truth found in them.

A quick Google search lists the 7 mainstream Christian denominations as: Anglican / Episcopal, Assembly of God, Baptist, Lutheran, Methodist, Presbyterian, and Roman Catholic. They each share the same scriptures, yet hold different theologies and doctrines. But they each serve a purpose. They each serve as a schoolmaster, to bring one to the knowledge of Christ, but they can not lead anyone beyond the cross. They can preach Christ crucified, they can preach Christ is risen from the dead, but they can not lead you beyond the cross; Only the Spirit of Christ is able to lead you beyond the cross. So because they themselves can not lead you beyond the cross, they device doctrines to keep you before the cross, worshipping the IMAGE of a MAN.

The Lord sent the virgin daughter of Babylon into the land of the Chaldeans for her own good. Now he calls her out of Mystery Babylon. Come out of her my people, that you be not partaker of her sins.

Revelation 18:4
And I heard another voice from heaven, saying,
Come out of her, my people,
that ye be not partakers of her sins,
and that ye receive not of her plagues.

This is what I don't get about you. What is the intent of this behind this reply? What does it have to do with the actual conversation at hand? You made a statement, then asked me a question. Here is your quote...

I gave you those scriptures in Isaiah 47, did I not? What does our previous disagreement have anything to do with where in the scripture they were found?
The intent of my post #147 is in relationship to our conversation about Isaiah 47. I gave my understanding of the full context as I always do.

I never heard the terms virgin Babylon or the Lady of the Chaldeans and ask you where that was found in scripture so I could read and study it. You should know me by now I take no ones word for anything if they can not give the supporting scriptures. How else can one learn if they can not read the text.

If you do not like the way I present myself I'm sorry as this is who I am and how I was taught to teach.

A quick Google search lists the 7 mainstream Christian denominations as: Anglican / Episcopal, Assembly of God, Baptist, Lutheran, Methodist, Presbyterian, and Roman Catholic. They each share the same scriptures, yet hold different theologies and doctrines. But they each serve a purpose. They each serve as a schoolmaster, to bring one to the knowledge of Christ, but they can not lead anyone beyond the cross. They can preach Christ crucified, they can preach Christ is risen from the dead, but they can not lead you beyond the cross; Only the Spirit of Christ is able to lead you beyond the cross. So because they themselves can not lead you beyond the cross, they device doctrines to keep you before the cross, worshipping the IMAGE of a MAN.

The Lord sent the virgin daughter of Babylon into the land of the Chaldeans for her own good. Now he calls her out of Mystery Babylon. Come out of her my people, that you be not partaker of her sins.

Revelation 18:4
And I heard another voice from heaven, saying,
Come out of her, my people,
that ye be not partakers of her sins,
and that ye receive not of her plagues.
The intent of my post #147 is in relationship to our conversation about Isaiah 47. I gave my understanding of the full context as I always do.

I never heard the terms virgin Babylon or the Lady of the Chaldeans and ask you where that was found in scripture so I could read and study it, which I haven't had the proper time to do so yet, but will study it, but gave you my understanding of the whole chapter in part.

You should know me by now I take no ones word for anything if they can not give the supporting scriptures. How else can one learn if they can not study scripture.

Revelation 1:10
I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

The book of Revelation begins with John being in the Spirit. Being in the Spirit as apposed to being of the flesh. Seven times to the seven churches the same word is given: He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Revelation 17:3
So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman .............

Again, John was carried away in the spirit into the wilderness, and he saw a woman... in the wilderness.

Revelation 12:14
And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

To all these things, they where given in the Spirit, and they can only be understand in the Spirit. To each of the seven churches, they are implored to hear what the Spirit saith.

John 3:6
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

The woman in the wilderness, was seen by John in the spirit, an no matter all the hours of study and carnal knowledge secured, the flesh does not reveal the spirit. For that which is born of the flesh seeketh after the things of the flesh, and does mind the things of the flesh.

1 Corinthians 2:6-14
Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

To the seven churches he saith, He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. The Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. The Spirit does not search out the deep things of Satan. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? Where can the churches be found after Revelation 3? In the wilderness, where John was taken in the spirit and shown the Woman, the Mother of harlots, sitting upon the waters. He who hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith to the seven churches.

And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass; I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first. Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.

My emphasis is on the Luciferian system that comes by the mother of harlots and her daughters. This is what this thread is all about.

Back