Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Am I saved; or am I fooling myself?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Jay T said:
Why do you hate God so much ?

You pretend to be a Christian, yet you constantly rebell against what God says .....WHY ?

Jay T
wEll well well. You preach keeping the 10 commandments, and and having to work for your salvation, You preach that Ellen G White is a messenger from God and who ever speaks against this demon inspired preacher is an enemy of God and YET YOU JUDGE ME. :o Did not Jesus say not to judge?
Yep he said it on the mount. So why are you judging me by saying I am not A Christian. Did you not break a commandment. Does this mean your going to hell?

oscar3 said:
Jay T
wEll well well. You preach keeping the 10 commandments, and and having to work for your salvation,
[sigh]....when will you learn that NO ONE can work for their salvation ?

And, had you paid attention, you'd have realized I never said that.

Good Works, are the proof of ones salvation....and without works, a person's faith is nothing......

James 2:14 What [doth it] profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: show me thy faith without thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works.

You preach that Ellen G White is a messenger from God and who ever speaks against this demon inspired preacher is an enemy of God and YET YOU JUDGE ME. :o Did not Jesus say not to judge?
Yep he said it on the mount. So why are you judging me by saying I am not A Christian.
I do not judge you.....the Bible says, who is a Chriistian or not.
As I've said before....it is only my job to point out what sin is, and how a person is to get into heaven.

The only way to get into heaven, is to know everything the Bible says....AND, DO IT !

It is up to you.....to choose what you will do with that knowledge I present from the Bible.

What you do (or, don't do) does not effect me in the least....

If I keep all 10 commandments, perfectly....that does not help you !

If I break every one of the 10 commandments, that again, does not help you !

The following two quotes from Jay T show his ability to speak out of both sides of his mouth in the same post. First he says that he has never said that one must work for their salvation, after which he "blares" that the only way to get to heaven "is to know everything the Bible says....AND, DO IT!

Jay T said:
[sigh]....when will you learn that NO ONE can work for their salvation ?

And, had you paid attention, you'd have realized I never said that.

In the same post as the above quote said:
The only way to get into heaven, is to know everything the Bible says....AND, DO IT !

The Seventh-day Adventist teachings have really messed this ole boy up.

Solo said:
The following two quotes from Jay T show his ability to speak out of both sides of his mouth in the same post. First he says that he has never said that one must work for their salvation, after which he "blares" that the only way to get to heaven "is to know everything the Bible says....AND, DO IT!

Could it be that I have read Bible texts you have not read ?

James 1:22 "But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
1:23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
1:24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth [therein], he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed".

The Seventh-day Adventist teachings have really messed this ole boy up.
There is NOT another church that I have found, that believes and obeys the Bible, God's word !

If you do know of another church, that follows God's word, EXACTLY, let me know, OK ?

Jay T said:
There is NOT another church that I have found, that believes and obeys the Bible, God's word !

If you do know of another church, that follows God's word, EXACTLY, let me know, OK ?
You just keep on working out your own salvation. When you become aware that you are following the father of lies, then cry out to God for His salvation and become born again.

Solo said:
You just keep on working out your own salvation. When you become aware that you are following the father of lies, then cry out to God for His salvation and become born again.
It is too bad you won't accept what the Bible says........
Ephesians 2:8 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:
2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them".

I could go on and on, but since you refuse to accept Bible testimony, what good would it do to show Bible verses, which you would only reject.

Jay T said:
It is too bad you won't accept what the Bible says........
Ephesians 2:8 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:
2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them".

I could go on and on, but since you refuse to accept Bible testimony, what good would it do to show Bible verses, which you would only reject.
When you stop walking in the works of man, and begin to walk in the works of God through faith, then you will recognize what the law of God is and what it is for. Until then you are walking in the lies of the enemy of God.

Explain yourself, please.

Solo said:
When you stop walking in the works of man, and begin to walk in the works of God through faith, then you will recognize what the law of God is and what it is for. Until then you are walking in the lies of the enemy of God.

Why don’t you define for us exactly what you mean by “walking in the works of man†and “walking in the works of God through faith†in relation to your definition of the “law of Godâ€Â. According to my understanding of these concepts, I could shout a hardy “Amen!†to your lovely little platitude, and we would be thinking entirely contrary thoughts.
:roll:

Re: Explain yourself, please.

How can there be any salvation 'from', sin...if one does not understand what the Bible defines as sin ?

The following Bible verse contains a Bible Principle that very few in the Christian world understands ........
19:7 The law of the LORD [is] perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD [is] sure, making wise the simple.

Of course Jesus Christ, and all the other Bible writers understood.....what constitutes salvation, BECAUSE, they all keep the commandments of God !

Jay T said:
How can there be any salvation 'from', sin...if one does not understand what the Bible defines as sin ?

The following Bible verse contains a Bible Principle that very few in the Christian world understands ........
19:7 The law of the LORD [is] perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD [is] sure, making wise the simple.

Of course Jesus Christ, and all the other Bible writers understood.....what constitutes salvation, BECAUSE, they all keep the commandments of God !
You have know idea of what salvation is, nor do you understand being born again. You are completely out of touch with the truth of God's Word, and have fallen prey to the lies of your cult. Hopefully some day you will be born again, instead of following the lies of the devil.

Solo said:
You have know idea of what salvation is, nor do you understand being born again. You are completely out of touch with the truth of God's Word, and have fallen prey to the lies of your cult. Hopefully some day you will be born again, instead of following the lies of the devil.
I believe that Jesus Christ is able to keep a born-again person from committing any further sins, which WILL...keep a person out of heaven.

Heaven (eternal life) ONLY PROMISED TO commandment-keepers......
19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? [there is] none good but one, [that is], God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Revelation 22:14 Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

I believe that the Bible, which is God's word KNOWS what it is talking about.

AND, I also believe that NO MAN/WOMAN....can keep the commandments of God, without Jesus Christ, living out HIS life, in the born-again person.[/b]

Jesus Christ said: 'go and sin no more' (John 5:14 & 8:11).
I believe what Jesus Christ said....period !

Jay T said:
I believe that Jesus Christ is able to keep a born-again person from committing any further sins, which WILL...keep a person out of heaven.

Heaven (eternal life) ONLY PROMISED TO commandment-keepers......
19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? [there is] none good but one, [that is], God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Revelation 22:14 Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

I believe that the Bible, which is God's word KNOWS what it is talking about.

AND, I also believe that NO MAN/WOMAN....can keep the commandments of God, without Jesus Christ, living out HIS life, in the born-again person.[/b]

Jesus Christ said: 'go and sin no more' (John 5:14 & 8:11).
I believe what Jesus Christ said....period !
Keep Jesus' commandments. One of His commandments is to love your neighbor which would insinuate not to be teaching him false teachings opposed to God's truth.

The commandments of Jesus are to Love the Lord God with all of your heart, mind, and soul; and to love your neighbor; upon these two all of the other commandments hinge. Should we commit adultery? No, according to Jesus, looking at a woman with lust in one's heart is adultery. Should be be angry with our brother without cause? No, according to Jesus, being angry with one's brother without cause is murder. Does Jesus mention the commandment that the Seventh-Day Adventists teach is the greatest commandment? No. Jesus says that the Great commandment is the first, Love the Lord God with all of your heart, mind, and soul.

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. Matthew 22:37-38

Jesus speaks of various commandments while teaching the Sermon on the Mount in Matthew 5. He does not mention keeping the Sabbath one time.

Do Seventh-Day Adventists Keep all of the Ten Commandments as God commanded Moses and the Israelites to keep them? No.

Is Ellen G. White superior to the Apostles? No. She was not called personally by Jesus Christ as were the Apostles. Is Ellen G. White superior to the Prophets of God? No. She was not called personally by God Almighty or she would not have had error in her prophesies. Is Ellen G. White a messenger from God? No. She is a false prophet.

The Greek word σαββατων is used in the King James Version 68 times in 62 verses of the New Testament, and is translated sabbath day 37 times; sabbath 22 times, and week 9 times.

The Greek word σαββατων is used only twice after the book of Acts. These two occurrences follow below:

1Co 16:2 Upon the first day of the week(σαββατων) let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

AND

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days(σαββατων):

How important is the commandment to keep the sabbath day holy as instructed to Moses and the Israelites in the Old Covenant, when Jesus is the New Covenant in whom believers place their trust, and KNOW that HE kept the entire LAW for those of us who could not.

NO ONE HAS KEPT THE LAW, NO NOT ONE; BUT JESUS CHRIST ALONE.

Seventh-Day Adventists would like to think that they are Jesus, but they are sinners like the rest of mankind.

Solo
Excellent post... Since JAY T has obvoiusly left me hanging and waiting for him in the debate forum after accepting the challenge and seeing that a few days have already past and he has yet to respond inspite of the fact that he has been reminded by a few members means that he did infact change his mind and I don't blame him as he was about to have his false religion exposed with out any excuse so I will just sit back and enjoy you picking his theology apart.....

How is that for one big long run on sentance? :-D

jgredline said:
Solo
Excellent post... Since JAY T has obvoiusly left me hanging and waiting for him in the debate forum after accepting the challenge and seeing that a few days have already past and he has yet to respond inspite of the fact that he has been reminded by a few members means that he did infact change his mind and I don't blame him as he was about to have his false religion exposed with out any excuse so I will just sit back and enjoy you picking his theology apart.....

How is that for one big long run on sentance? :-D
I read a post from him in another thread that said he was at work and would respond Friday evening, so I am assuming that he will post in the debate forum this evening.

Thanks for the cudos!

Jay T just responded. :o
So now I will work on a rebuttle and post most likely post tomarrow.
Blessings my brother.

Hey guys,

I would like to know if JW's are UNWELCOME in a 'Christian' Forum?

Firstly, I AM NOT a JW. I do NOT 'believe' in MUCH of their foundational doctrine. BUT, ARE THESE NOT ALSO our brothers and sisters? AND, if NOT, then WHO ARE our 'brothers and sisters'?

I am NOT defending Jay T. What I AM asking is this; IS THERE a PERFECT denomination created by MEN, (or women for that matter)? And IF we ALL come to the reality that IT IS IMPOSSIBLE for 'men' to 'come up' with a PERFECT denomination, LET IT GO. STOP trying to 'belittle others' for their doctrinal beliefs. There is NOTHING WRONG with offering a 'different opinion' but ENOUGH of the 'YOU'RE a CULT, YOU'RE a CULT'. That is not only childish, IT'S ridiculous that mere mortals would BELIVE that 'they have it ALL figured out'.

Jay T HAS offered MUCH that IS TRUTH. Whether that comes from the JWs or NOT, let us FACE the 'truth' rather than belittle someone for the 'faith that they follow'.

FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD. Anyone that denies this denies Christ and GOD HIMSELF. It's REALLY that simple. I do NOT belive that we are bound by the 10 commandments EXCEPT through LOVE. Those chains were broken on the cross. BUT, we are CERTAINLY going to SHOW FRUIT of the commandments THROUGH LOVE, (if there be any within us). We CANNOT 'work' our way to heaven, but you certainly won't have anything waiting on you without them.

So, for those that would teach that ALL one must do in order to BE SAVED is 'say' that Jesus Christ IS their Savior, these are MISTAKEN. Salvation MAY very well BEGIN this way, but if that's ALL you offer, your measly statements, YOU CAN'T be saved.

No different than those that state that we can DEMAND God to honor His Word. These are COMPLETELY LOST. Following demons and gods of SELF rather than The Creator of Earth and Heaven.

So, JayT, don't let em get to ya. Keep up the faith. If you TRULY seek it God WILL offer it. That there ARE those that would deny the truth is inevitable. For the 'world' is LOST and, 'straight is the gate, narrow the way, and FEW there be that find it'.

Bless you guys and gals.

MEC

Back