Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
So, If you want to post a view or ask a question or make a comment, regarding the Thread's topic, then feel free.
Sharing views and gaining spiritual insight is what its all about.
Thanks, I have always found it intriguing that with Jesus' discourse on the new birth with Nicodemus, right near the middle, He mentions His death and ascension.

John 3:13-14 (NASB) "No one has ascended into heaven, but He who descended from heaven: the Son of Man. "As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up;

Once again, Jesus said two things are required for a man to be born again. (He answers the "How?" question directly.)

---> What are those two things?

---> What do Christians call this?

Previously answered.

Last edited:
Thanks, I have always found it intriguing that with Jesus' discourse on the new birth with Nicodemus, right near the middle, He mentions His death and ascension.

John 3:13-14 (NASB) "No one has ascended into heaven, but He who descended from heaven: the Son of Man. "As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up;

Jesus is the literal Bread of Heaven, who came down here.....became one of us, to die for all of us.

The call of God, is John 3:16,17. . God is calling "all who will come" for the last 2000 yrs from the Blood of Jesus.

The Cross is a LIGHT HOUSE, (Jesus is the LIGHT OF THE WORLD) who is showing the world how to get HOME, how to get back to the Light, and out of the darkness.
Jesus is the only way there...... John 14:6
Satan blinds MINDS, """lest the Light of the glorious Gospel should shine into every person"", and they become "Children of The Light", born again.

Last edited:
Jesus is the literal Bread of Heaven, who came down here.....became one of us, to die for all of us.

The call of God, is John 3:16,17. . God is calling "all who will come" for the last 2000 yrs from the Blood of Jesus.

The Cross is a LIGHT HOUSE, (Jesus is the LIGHT OF THE WORLD) who is showing the world how to get HOME, how to get back to the Light, and out of the darkness.
Jesus is the only way there...... John 14:6
Satan blinds MINDS, """lest the Light of the glorious Gospel should shine into every person"", and they become "Children of The Light", born again.
Thanks for your opinion.

Actually i just stated the Gospel.
Thx for your question.
The Gospel? Oh, you mean this…

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 NKJV
[1] Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, [2] by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you-unless you believed in vain. [3] For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, [4] and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

by which we are born again.

Last edited:
The Gospel? Oh, you mean this…

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 NKJV
[1] Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, [2] by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you-unless you believed in vain. [3] For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, [4] and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

The "preaching of the Cross" is "the power of God, unto salvation", when its believed by faith.

Also, notice your verses......they say......" if you hold fast the word" and "unless you believed in Vain".
So, how does a person do that, how do you "believe in vain ????? ... as that is not a born again person.
You do it like this.... "some seed fell on stoney ground", and "some seed fell among thorns".
See those? The seed is the Gospel, and the heart is the ground that had no real root of faith, it was just a casual acceptance defined by a mental ascent.
This is...."ever learning and never able to come to the KNOWLEDGE of the Truth.""
See, its not the Truth that sets you free, its the KNOWLEDGE of the Truth....its attaining it as revelation, its BELIEVING IT that is the freedom that Truth provides.
So, the "believe in vain" person heard the gospel and got a good feeling many times, and yet was not actually born again, eventually died, and went to hell.
Or its a religious person who is on time every Sunday, for 40 yrs, and they are water baptized, but they were never born again, died and went to hell.
See They KNOW all about it, they can quote verses, but they are not born again.
Jesus says of these commandment keeping Christ imitators....>"Depart from me, i never knew you".

To have a "root", is a reference to the "root of Jesse", who is Jesus. This is Isaiah 11.
Thats "Christ IN YOU< the hope of Glory".
So, there are many who have no Jesus in them, which means they have no "root".
These are not born again.

Last edited:
Good question, thx for asking.

Paul explains it, this way...

"""""and IF Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness""""

Notice that the requirement for being born again is...>"and IF Christ be in you".
See that part? Thats not water baptism or Sacraments, is it.....
But rather.... that is the literal joining of the born again Spirit into God's Spirit as "In Christ" and "Christ in you the hope of glory". (Glory is heaven).
What is the result..
Its this..>""the SPIRIT, (that is born again),= is LIFE because OF Righteousness.

Being "made righteous" by the blood of Jesus produces eternal life, as the "born again" "new creation", "in Christ.

This simply means that because God has redeemed the person from all their sin, then the person becomes, Spiritually, exactly like ADAM was, before He sinned.
Being born again Is a eternal restoration BACK to the original Spiritual condition of : "One with God" Spiritually that Adam had before he sinned.

The body, has not changed. And the "soul realm" which is the mind, will, and emotions, has not changed.
Its the SPIRIT, that is the real person, (the body is the house), that has been given a NEW BIRTH, by the Spirit of God, into the Spirit of God.
"Born again".
Sorry you can't see/read that the unification with Jesus we enjoy happens at baptism...as per Rom 6:3..."Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?"
And again, in Gal 3:27..."For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ."
Of course, baptism without faith is just a bath.

But you didn't answer my question.
What happened to the old you when you were reborn?

As per Rom 6:6, my old self (including body) was destroyed at my baptism into Christ..."Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin."
I am now a 100% new creature, just like 2 Cor 5:17 says..."Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

The "preaching of the Cross" is "the power of God, unto salvation", when its believed by faith.

Also, notice your verses......they say......" if you hold fast the word" and "unless you believed in Vain".
So, how does a person do that, how do you "believe in vain ????? ... as that is not a born again person.
You do it like this.... "some seed fell on stoney ground", and "some seed fell among thorns".
See those? The seed is the Gospel, and the heart is the ground that had no real root of faith, it was just a casual acceptance defined by a mental ascent.
This is...."ever learning and never able to come to the KNOWLEDGE of the Truth.""
See, its not the Truth that sets you free, its the KNOWLEDGE of the Truth....its attaining it as revelation, its BELIEVING IT that is the freedom that Truth provides.
So, the "believe in vain" person heard the gospel and got a good feeling many times, and yet was not actually born again, eventually died, and went to hell.
Or its a religious person who is on time every Sunday, for 40 yrs, and they are water baptized, but they were never born again, died and went to hell.
See They KNOW all about it, they can quote verses, but they are not born again.
Jesus says of these commandment keeping Christ imitators....>"Depart from me, i never knew you".

To have a "root", is a reference to the "root of Jesse", who is Jesus. This is Isaiah 11.
Thats "Christ IN YOU< the hope of Glory".
So, there are many who have no Jesus in them, which means they have no "root".
These are not born again.
I was describing the Gospel, not a born again person.

Here is a fruit of believing a wrong gospel...

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 (NASB) If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.

Sorry you can't see/read that the unification with Jesus we enjoy happens at baptism...as per Rom 6:3..."Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?"

Notice that your verse says to be "baptized into Jesus".
Your denomination changes this to "baptized into water', as how they manipulate the theology.
So, is "water" Jesus?
Is it?
If it is, then continue to believe what you believe.
Thats on you.

I was describing the Gospel, not a born again person.

Here is a fruit of believing a wrong gospel...

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 (NASB) If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.

Yes, hell is full of people who are water baptized and never born again.
To gain Heaven, a person has to BIRTHED Spiritually into the Spirit of God, by the Spirit of God.
That's not by water, unless water is the Spirit of God.
Many think it is, but God's Holy Spirit does not agree.

No problem. Can you please direct me to the post where you answer my questions? It's not in this thread so perhaps it's elsewhere?

Thank you!

Walpole :

Reconsider your 2 questions, as they are theologically flawed, and i believe its because you are just confused.
Let me explain....

There is one verse in the entire bible, where Jesus says...."you must be born again". and then Jesus says, "born of water, and of THE Spirit"
However, He does not explain how to be born again.
Later, Paul explains how, as "my Gospel".
Most Catholics are confused about this, and you are not the exception.

Let me say that again.....Jesus does not explain HOW to be born again, in the only verse in the BIBLE where the term "born again" is found.
All Jesus says is that you must be born of water and of THE Spirit, that is a 2nd birth, independent of being born of your mother, which is the 1st Birth.

Listen..., Christ just heard that Nicodemus understand the 1st birth....>"of MOTHER"......so, you didnt notice that He does not correct that with...>"water baptism" theology ........ Instead, He contrasts the earthly 1st birth with the SPIRITUAL Birth, that is Birth #2. "you must be BORN AGAIN".
See that one? Thats #2.

So, you are asking a question that does not offer an answer by Jesus, and you dont realize it.
And you keep posting your same confusion.

And regarding your 2nd Question.....i have answered it, but, i didnt answer it according to "cult of Mary" Theology, so, that is why you are not able to understand it or believe it.
(See "wikipedia" or "catholic History, Ephesus 5ad, "Church Fathers history", if you dont understand the term "cult of Mary")

And one more thing.
There is a book, its the Douay Rheims book, and its a situation that manuscript evidence scholars define as "corrupted".
It came from the Latin Vulgate created by Jerome,, and He terribly mistranslated some key doctrine.
For example, he mistranslated "repentance" as "penance" and because of this horrible error, 2 things happened.

1.) Catholics are performing penance , and its based on a mistranslation created by Jerome.

2.) Martin Luther, was initially inspired to realize the "cult of mary" was in grievous theological and spiritual error, based on Him realizing Jerome's mistranslation of the word "repentance" into "penance".
Soon after He found more and more and more theological corruption created by Jerome, and God led him out of the "cult of mary", and here we are today, Protestants, free from it.

3.) The worst "cult of Mary" theological error that is found in the corrupt Douay Rheims, is this one....."born again of water".
See that?
Let me show you again......>John 3.....Douay Rheims...>"born AGAIN of water".
Notice the word "again" that creates the heresy that the water causes the Spiritual Birth?
Do you see it?
That word "again", is not found in any Greek Text, or in any real bible.
Its a "cult of mary" insertion, that is devised to create the false theology of "baptismal regeneration".
You are familiar with that one.
This is one more error found in the "Latin" that Martin Luther despised, as he hated the lie.....as this lie, discredits the blood of Jesus, by replacing the Holy Blood Atonement with "water baptism".
And that is this.....Galatians 1:8

Last edited:
Yes, hell is full of people who are water baptized and never born again.
To gain Heaven, a person has to BIRTHED Spiritually into the Spirit of God, by the Spirit of God.
That's not by water, unless water is the Spirit of God.
Many think it is, but God's Holy Spirit does not agree.
Did I bring up H2O?

Did I bring up H2O?

On all myThreads Im dedicated to giving Jesus's Blood and Death and Resurrection, ALL Credit for Salvation.
So its vitally important to contrast what can't save you, so that the reader is shown the truth by the contrast.

For example....

I could write a Thread Titled....>"What can't save you". Then write a list that shows what does not save you, so that you can see what is left that does.... save you.

here is what doesn't save anyone.

1. Mary
2. Water baptism
3. The Law
4. Commandment keeping
5. Taking the Sacrament or Communion
6. Enduring to the end
7. Dying a Martyr for Christ
8. Self effort
9. Speaking in Tongues
10. Joining a specific "church"

See all that? That list can't save you, as nothing on that list, died on The Cross for your Sin.

What does save you? John 14:6

Back