Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Can sinning be overcome?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Love is one of the greatest things a Christian can give Gordon, because it can cover the multitude of sins we commit sir 1 Pet 4:8
That would make littler sense, to think that you can love ( righteousness) others, and work hatred ( sins) towards them at the same time. The good tree cant produce evil fruit, that the evil tree can only produce.( Matthew 7:18.)

Just look with me now, ( for everybody) and see the verse just quoted of 1 Peter 4:8. Begin two verses earlier, and we read how the Gospel was preached to them that are dead, ( dead in sins. Ephesians 2:1. Colossians 2:13. 1 Peter 2:24. Revelation 1:5.) so that they can live according to God, in the Spirit.

Then we are exhorted, that the end of all things is at hand, to then be sober and watch unto prayer. Above all things to have fervent charity among themselves, as charity covers the multitude of sins.

That message is told in James 5, how those who do ERR FROM THE TRUTH, need converting, and he that converts the sinner from the error of their ways, saves a soul from death ( the gospel preached to them that are dead.) and shall hide their multitude of sins.

1 Peter 4:6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.
7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.
8 And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

James 5:19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Further words on what charity is. ( it is not the sinning, the unconverted in error, suggest it is)

1 Corinthians 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Colossians 3:14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

1 Timothy 1:5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:

2 Timothy 2:22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

2 Peter 1:5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

We know from Scripture that David was a saved person at the time He committed adultery & murder.
We know this in part because of the horrific price that God told Him ahead of time he would be forced to pay , watching his family commit murder, incest , and rebellion .
This is where the old colloquialism applies , " God does not whip the devils children"

More testimony of Jesus Christ, about Himself:

God sanctified in righteousness.

Jesus testified/confirmed, He sanctified Himself, that we might be sanctified through the truth. ( truth came by Jesus Christ, the Lord came to judge the people with HIS truth.)

Isaiah 5:16 But the Lord of hosts shall be exalted in judgment, and God that is holy shall be sanctified in righteousness.

John 17:19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

With righteousness He judges the poor, righteousness is the girdle of His loins, and faithfulness the girdle of His reins.

From Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, who loved us, ( God is love.) 1 John 4:8.) the Son of man, girt with a golden girdle.

Jesus testified, He is the first and the last, He was dead and is alive and behold, He is alive for evermore.

He has the keys of hell and death and the heaven was opened, and He that sat upon the white horse was called Faithful and True, in righteousness He judges and makes war. His name is called the Word of God. He has on HIs clothing and on His thigh a name written, King of kings, and Lord of lords.

Isaiah 11:4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth: with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

Isaiah 11:5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.

Revelation 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Revelation 1:13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

Revelation 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Revelation 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Revelation 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Revelation 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords.

He sits on the throne of David hasting righteousness. When Gods judgements are in the earth the inhabitants learn righteousness. Favour is shown to the wicked, yet they do not learn righteousness, they cannot behold the majesty o the Lord. ( the righteousness of the Lord Jesus Christ.)

A King ( Jesus Christ the righteous, King of kings) reigns in RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Isaiah 16:5 And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness.

Isaiah 26:9 With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

Isaiah 26:10 Let favour be shewed to the wicked, yet will he not learn righteousness: in the land of uprightness will he deal unjustly, and will not behold the majesty of the Lord.

Isaiah 32:1 Behold, a king shall reign in righteousness, and princes shall rule in judgment.

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

The work of righteousness is peace, the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever. Zion filled with judgement and righteousness. The Son raised up in righteousness, to build the city and let go the captives. The Lord brings near His righteousness, His salvation, salvation placed in Zion for Israel His glory. His arms judge the people. This says the Lord, keep judgement and do justice, for His salvation was near to come, HIs righteousness to be revealed.

God saw there was no intercessor, therefore HIs arm brought salvation unto Him, HIs righteousness sustained Him. ( Jesus Christ on earth, our intercessor..) The Lord God will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Isaiah 33:5 The Lord is exalted; for he dwelleth on high: he hath filled Zion with judgment and righteousness.

Isaiah 45:13 I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build my city, and he shall let go my captives, not for price nor reward, saith the Lord of hosts.

Isaiah 46:13 I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.

Isaiah 51:5 My righteousness is near; my salvation is gone forth, and mine arms shall judge the people; the isles shall wait upon me, and on mine arm shall they trust.

Isaiah 56:1 Thus saith the Lord, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.

Isaiah 59:16 And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him.

Isaiah 61:11 For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

For Zions sake, God would not rest, UNTIL, the righteousness and salvation goes forth as a bright burning lamp. ( the righteousness of Christ/no sin, ass so well testified.)

The Gentiles seek Him, and His rest shall be glorious.

Jesus testifies and confirms, should Christ not have suffered those things, and to enter into HIs glory. ( HIs rest is glorious.)

Isaiah 11:10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Isaiah 62:1 For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth.

Luke 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

The Gentiles see HIs righteousness, ( of Jesus Christ.) and He is called a new name, which th mputh of the Lord named. The believers/disciples, were caslled Christians first in Antioch.

Isaiah 62:2 And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the Lord shall name.

Acts 11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Binding His foal unto the vine, HIs ass's colt unto the choice vine, washing His garments in wine, HIs clothes in the blood of grapes.

Who is this who comes with dyed garments, glorious in His apparel travelling in the greatness of HIs strength, He that speaks in righteousness, mighty to save ?

He was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood ( the blood of grapes, who washed us in HIs own blood. Revelation 1:5.) He entered in once into the Holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Genesis 49:11 Binding his foal unto the vine, and his ass's colt unto the choice vine; he washed his garments in wine, and his clothes in the blood of grapes:

Isaiah 63:1 Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? this that is glorious in his apparel, travelling in the greatness of his strength? I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save.

Hebrews 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Revelation 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

We know from Scripture that David was a saved person at the time He committed adultery & murder.
We know this in part because of the horrific price that God told Him ahead of time he would be forced to pay , watching his family commit murder, incest , and rebellion .
This is where the old colloquialism applies , " God does not whip the devils children"
The law made nothing perfect, the bringing in of a better hope did, Christ being come an high priest by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, the time fails to talk of David, and Samuel and of the prophets, these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

Hebrews 7:19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

Hebrews 9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

Hebrews 11:32 And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:
33 Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions.
34 Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.
35 Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:
36 And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:
37 They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;
38 (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.
39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

Should I sum it all up for everyone again ?

Sinning has been overcome.

1 John 5:19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

1 John 2:13 I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.

1 John 2:14 I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

1 John 5:5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Revelation 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Anyone like me to continue from Isaiah, all the other prophets, speaking with the Spirit of Christ in them, testifying of the righteousness of Christ, which Jesus confirms all things which were written of Him ? ( showing that we believe in Jesus Christ, who has thoroughly testified He is without sin.)

Hebrews 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Hebrews 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

The law made nothing perfect, the bringing in of a better hope did, Christ being come an high priest by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, the time fails to talk of David, and Samuel and of the prophets, these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

Hebrews 7:19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

Hebrews 9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

Hebrews 11:32 And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:
33 Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions.
34 Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.
35 Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:
36 And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:
37 They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;
38 (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.
39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.
Right then.
By faith David attained the salvation that caused him to pay such a horrific price for his sin.
Here is an interesting related bit of theology.
Do you know why the whipping God administered to David for his sin contained many more lashes that it otherwise could have, according to scripture ?

1. The summing up of the chapter would be from verses 27, until the end.
Which in no manner says we can't be righteous now, without the Law.
When it is testified there is none righteous, it is because there is none that understands, and there is none that seeks after God.
Pretty good quote of OT scripture by Paul to cause the Jews to realize that they were as much in need as the Gentiles of a Savior.
That even with the Law, the Jews were just as bad as the Gentiles.
Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
Thanks be to God those days are gone !
Now we have the chance to know the righteousness of God, which is by faith, of Jesus Christ, which is unto and upon all them that believe.
Amen.
Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
Again the comparison of Jew and Gentile by Paul..."for there is no difference."
It is told what faith is, it is the law of faith. ( the law of faith which makes a man justified, from being none righteous.)
Made righteous !
One God who justifies all by faith, the circumcision by faith, and the uncircumcision by faith, which makes not the law void through faith, it establishes it. ( to be justified by the law of faith.)
Written in our reborn hearts !
Romans 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:
30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
Amen to that.
Righteousness without Laws.
2. This is the last time it was testified how the eyes of man are used to go doing evils, with which they have committed ( sins committed) in all their abominations.
That is why Christ testified, if their eye offends them, ( by committing sins, which they, who look on a woman with their eyes, to lust after her, have already committed adultery with her, in their HEART.) to pluck it out, and cast it away, so that their whole body should not perish and that whole body be cast into hell.
If you want to pluck out your eyes, to cease from sin I have to say STOP !!!
God has made a better way to "cast off the flesh" !
Instead of plucking or cutting, get water baptized into Christ's death and burial and be raised with Him to walk in newness of life ! (Rom 6:3-7)
It is therefore not the mind that runs the show, but it is in actual fact the heart, out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies, they defile a man.
When was the last time you discovered your hand trying to steal from an open cash drawer t the store?
The terms mind and heart are interchangeable.
Ezekiel 6:9 And they that escape of you shall remember me among the nations whither they shall be carried captives, because I am broken with their whorish heart, which hath departed from me, and with their eyes, which go a whoring after their idols: and they shall lothe themselves for the evils which they have committed in all their abominations.
Matthew 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
Matthew 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
Matthew 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
Romans 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
Either get water baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins...after a true repentance from sin...or get to plucking and cutting.
Cast off the "flesh" by the circumcision made without hands. (Col 2:11)
It is written..."And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts." (Gal 5:24)

So the creature is delivered from corruption ( sin and death) into the glorious liberty ( freedom from sin and death.) of the children of God.

The creation groans travailing, as the Apostles groaned, waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our bodies.

But now we are delivered from the law ( dead/corruption.) to serve in newness of Spirit.

Delivered from bondage of corruption.

God delivered His Son for us, to freely give us all things.

Gods divine power has given us ALL THINGS, that pertain unto life and godliness, through Christ, who called us to glory and virtue.

Romans 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Romans 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Romans 8:32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

2 Peter 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
Thank God !
Godliness on earth, at last !

Right then.
By faith David attained the salvation that caused him to pay such a horrific price for his sin.
Do you know why the whipping God administered to David for his sin contained many more lashes that it otherwise could have, according to scripture ?
What whipping?

What whipping?
Actually it was worse than a whip what God took to the man after God's own heart, David.
It was a sword .

2Sa 12:10
Now therefore the sword shall never depart from thine house; because thou hast despised me, and hast taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be thy wife.

Do you know why the punishment God administered to David for his sin was harsher than it otherwise could have been, according to scripture ?

Actually it was worse than a whip what God took to the man after God's own heart, David.
It was a sword .
A "figurative" whip.
2Sa 12:10
Now therefore the sword shall never depart from thine house; because thou hast despised me, and hast taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be thy wife.
Do you know why the punishment God administered to David for his sin was harsher than it otherwise could have been, according to scripture ?
I can't quote any verses, but it did result in him being chased from the throne and Jerusalem.
And losing his son.
Quite a heavy cost.
As to why?
Because he was the presage of Christ.

2. Christ knows the Father, as God is light, Jesus Christ is the light of life.

3. We would have to know the saying of the Father, to know what saying Jesus is keeping.
He kept all of them.
The Son knows the Father, ( the Father knows the Son and the Son knows the Father the same, God is light/Jesus Christ is the light of life.)
Being light isn’t connected with knowing Him.
John 12 continues, how to see the Son is to see the Father. ( John 8:12, Jesus testifies He is the light of the world, they see He is the light of the Father, by no longer walking in darkness by following Christ/Christ in them.) Jesus testifies, He is come a light into the world, for whosoever believes on Christ to not remain in darkness. ( The light Christ testifies He is, has no darkness/ sin, in Him.)
True, nicely said.
The Word ( which Jesus Christ is) judges us in the last day. ( we shall all stand before the judgement seat of CHRIST) This is the FATHER that sent the WORD, who gave the SON commandment what to say and what to speak, Jesus testifies He knows that the Fathers commandment is life everlasting, and that what He speaks, is even as the Father said unto Him, so He speaks. ( the SON, who is the WORD, can only speak as the Father says. Because eternal life is knowing the only TRUE GOD, and JESUS CHRIST, who He sent. JESUS CHRIST is the TRUE light as John 1:9 testifies.)
It’s better to let the Word judge us today. Later is too late. “Search me (today) O God and see if there be any wicked way in me.”
John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

John 8:55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.

John 12:45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.
46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Romans 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

4. Mathew 11:27, would require beginning at 11:25, to see who Jesus Christ reveals Himself to. At the same time as Jesus revealing Himself to the babes, we see He is hidden to the wise and prudent. ( the babes believe, and the wise and prudent "obey"
Incorrect. The wise are ones who are confident in their own understanding and learning. They definitely do NOT obey. Those who obey are those Jesus reveals the Father to and there’s no short cut. Babes are the ones depending upon Him and therefore also obey.
Matthew 18:6.) Nobody can obey, unless they believe, and they believe if Christ has revealed Himself to them, but the wise and prudent do not accept we are to believe.
Also not true. Many obey having a law unto themselves but don’t believe. It’s just now and again obedience doesn’t cover the disobedience.
John 14:21, is combined with John 17:6-8. Of who is loved of the Father, of who the Son reveals Himself to. Christ testifies He has manifested the name of God ( Jesus Christ.) unto HIs disciples, who were the Fathers, and the Father gave them to the Son ( who was now on earth, testifying of Himself, so they will now believe and be saved.)
You left out he who does Jesus’ teaching is the one the Father loves.
Now the believers know that all that the Father gave the Son are of God, for the words the Father gave to the Son were given to the disciples, and they received the words, to know surely that the Son of God came out from God, and have believed that the Father sent the Son. ( The Apostles testify, that they have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. 1 John 4:14.)

Matthew 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.
27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
See that? What does knowing God depend upon? Obeying!!!
John 17:6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.
7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.
8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

1 John 4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

5. Finally for us all, what is faith with works ? ( obedience/ dead without it.)
Not obedience. It’s disobedience/dead works.
We just spoke about it.

Pay attention and see what is REVEALED, when the Son reveals the Father, as per Matthew 11:27.
I know it well as he has revealed the Father to me. I understand God.
The preaching of Jesus Christ is the revealation of the mystery, kept secret since the wporld began, but now is made manifest, ( as per John 14:21/ John 17:6-8.) by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God ( the Son knows that the commandment of the Father is life, as in the Son is life, and the life is the light of men.) made known to all nations for the obedience of FAITH. ( as shown yesterday, FAITH IS JESUS CHRIST.) this is GOD, the only wise, as there is glory through JESUS CHRIST FOR EVER AMEN. ( Jesus Christ is eternal life and is God who is life. John 17:3.)

Ephesians continues from Apostle Paul, of the mystery of Christ, which in other ages was not known unto the sons of men, but now was revealed unto HIs holy Apostles and Prophets by the Spirit. ( Of Jesus Christ.) for the Gentiles to be fellow heirs of the same body and to be partakers of Gods promise in Jesus Christ BY THE GIOSPEL. ( Apostle Paul by the Gospel of Christ, was made a minister according to the gift of grace of God given to Paul by the effectual working of Gods power. That is the Gospel given for us to believe in the power of God.)

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

Ephesians 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
The Gospel is not the end of the mystery nor the end of the revelation. It’s the beginning.

1. The point you are trying to make cannot be made, because even though as you say, the Son of God Jesus Christ focused on others, that has to begin with testimony about who He was, and what he came to do/to bring to man. ( there is no point in anyone focusing on anything of others, without giving the reason for your focus.)
You don’t know the reason?? I think it’s obvious.
You do not need to be satisfied with the testimonies for this in the Gospel, but they are there for the purpose they needed to be told for. ( so that we believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing we might have life through His name. John 20:31.)

Jesus testifies He is the bread of life, who feeds us with life. ( with righteousness, to never hunger and thirst, showing He has testified He is righteousness, WHICH HAS NOT SIN.)

John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Matthew 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

John speaks of the Word, in the beginning with God, (and the Word was God.) all things were made by Him ( by the Word Jesus Christ.) and in Him was life, and the life was the light of men. ( John testified again in 1 John, that God/Jesus Christ, is light, and in Him is no darkness at all. John tells also in 1 John 3:5-7 that Christ was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him is no sin. Also that whosoever abides in Christ sins not. Also that he that does righteousness, is righteous, even as He is righteous. Jesus had testified He is the bread of life, the RIGHTEOUSNESS men hunger and thirst for.)

Jesus speaks unto the multitude, that He is the light of the world, and he that walks after Him shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. ( they shall have Jesus Christ in them, which is the TRUE light, to lighten every man that comes into the world. ) As said in 1 John 3:5-7, this was Christ manifested to us, that they who follow Him have the light of life. ( in them, and they in Him, to sin not, as in Him is no sin.)

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

John 1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

1 John 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

1 John 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Jesus testifies He is that door of the sheep. Jesus makes the separation between Him and all others. All others before Him, ( the false prophet teachers) are thieves and robbers, the sheep did not hear them.

Jesus is the door to be saved, who gives pasture (who gives the Spirit of Christ, which is the Spirit of God. Romans 8:9.)

The thief comes to kill, (false teachers, giving words of death to follow after.) but Christ testifies He came to give life, to have it more abundantly. ( life more abundantly is eternal life, which is knowing the only TRUE God, who is Jesus Christ whom He sent. John 17:3.)

Jesus shows how the hireling, ( false prophet teachers that surrounded Israel.) flee from the sheep, they care not about the sheep. Jesus testifies He is the GOOD Shepherd, who knows His sheep and is known of them, and how He knows the father the same as the Father knows Him, and He lays His life down for the sheep. ( none is good but one, and that is GOD. Matthew 19:17. Mark 10:18. Luke 18:19.)

Jesus testified that the works He does of the Father , through them we might know and believe that He is in the Father, and the Father is in Him. ( that He/Jesus Christ, is the light of this world/the light of life, and in Him is no darkness at all/no sin.)

John 10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

John 10:13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

John 10:37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
Lots of scriptures there. Few address the topic.

Here is more testimony of Jesus Christ from the book of Jeremiah, that He is RIGHTEOUSNESS, which is Christ stating He is not sin.

The Lord ( the Spirit of Jesus Christ.) spoke of raising a RIGHTEOUS BFRANCH unto David, of a King reigning and prospering, executing judgment and justice in the earth, and in HIs days Judah is saved, and His name whereby He shall be called, the Lord OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. ( Isaiah 53:10, tells of the Lord bruising Him, and making HIs soul an offering for sin/Psalm 51:19, the sacrifices of righteousness. His days are prolonged and the pleasure of the Lord prospers in His hand.

Jesus Christ the Righteous branch, testifies for us to seek the Kingdom of God and His righteousness. Jesus testifies thast His Kingdom is not from here, but from Heaven.

Jeremiah 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, The Lord Our Righteousness.

Isaiah 53:10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

The Lord speaks of performing that good thing which He promised to the house of Israel and to the house of Judah, and He causes the Branch of Righteousness to grow up unto David ( a King on the throne of David.) to execute judgement and righteousness in the land. Judah is saved, and Jerusalem dwells safely, and her name is called, the Lord our righteousness.

In Luke, it is spoken of the performing of the promise to the fathers, for God to remember His holy covenant. Jesus testifies it is He, who sends the promise of His Father unto us, and to remain in Jerusalem until they were given power from on High.

Jeremiah 33:14 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will perform that good thing which I have promised unto the house of Israel and to the house of Judah.
15 In those days, and at that time, will I cause the Branch of righteousness to grow up unto David; and he shall execute judgment and righteousness in the land.
16 In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The Lord our righteousness.

Luke 1:72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

Luke 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

The Lord has brought forth our righteousness ( brought forth Himself.) we come and declare in Zion the work of the Lord our God. ( Babylon is fallen, it is there that Israel was delivered, in captivity to be saved for ever.)

Zion laboured to bring forth, they go to Babylon, and there they are DELIVERED. For the Lord redeemed them from the hand of their enemies.

This is the new thing in the earth, a woman ( Israel) compassed a man. ( Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour.)

Jeremiah 31:22 How long wilt thou go about, O thou backsliding daughter? for the Lord hath created a new thing in the earth, A woman shall compass a man.

Jeremiah 51:8 Babylon is suddenly fallen and destroyed: howl for her; take balm for her pain, if so be she may be healed.
9 We would have healed Babylon, but she is not healed: forsake her, and let us go every one into his own country: for her judgment reacheth unto heaven, and is lifted up even to the skies.
10 The Lord hath brought forth our righteousness: come, and let us declare in Zion the work of the Lord our God.

Micah 4:10 Be in pain, and labour to bring forth, O daughter of Zion, like a woman in travail: for now shalt thou go forth out of the city, and thou shalt dwell in the field, and thou shalt go even to Babylon; there shalt thou be delivered; there the Lord shall redeem thee from the hand of thine enemies.

Revelation 18:2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

Right then.

You are missing the point here of the thread. ( can sinning be overcome. Which it can through the faith of Jesus Christ.) and missing the mark is sin, as it is not belief.

David attained no salvation through faith, and him paying a price for sin, that is not what scripture testifies for the world.

Salvation is testified how the man is blessed when the Lord does not impute sin. ( David did not and could not testify, we are blessed to be saved in punishment for our sins.)

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

God spoke of David a man after HIs own heart. This is as told, to fulfil all the will of the Lord, because of the seed of David according to the flesh, and according to His promise, God raised unto Israel a Saviour Jesus Christ. ( Romans 1:3.)

Acts 13:22 And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave their testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will.
23 Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus.

The Apostles declare unto us the glad tidings how the promise made to the father God had fulfilled. ( that is Davids seed fulfilling all Gods will, and is then the man after Gods own heart/the Son of man.)

God raised up Jesus again, as in the Psalms, that day He had begotten Him. Also told how He was risen up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, He had also said, I will give you the sure mercies of David. Another Psalm confirmed, God will not suffer His Holy One to see corruption.

None of that spoke about David, for David by the will of God saw corruption. But Jesus Christ whom God raised again, saw no corruption.

Through THIS MAN, Jesus Christ, ( that is the man God sought after His own heart/ the Son of man, the Son of God.) is preached to us the forgiveness of sins ( that David spoke of in Psalms.) and by Him, ( by Jesus Christ the seed of David, and not by David.) all that believe ( in the righteousness and forgiveness of Jesus Christ.) are justified from all things, which we could not be justified from by the law of Moses. ( which Moses and king David and all, were under.)

Acts 13:32 And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers,
33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.
34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.
35 Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Acts 13:36 For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:
37 But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption.

Acts 13:38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:
39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Amen to that.
Righteousness without Laws.
The law of faith, is the law of Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ did not come to destroy the law, but to fulfil. ( for His righteousness sake, to magnify the law and make it honourable.)

Christ came to bear our sins, and the law of Christ is us bearing one another's burdens also.

Isaiah 42:21 The Lord is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

Isaiah 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Galatians 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

If you want to pluck out your eyes, to cease from sin I have to say STOP !!!
God has made a better way to "cast off the flesh" !
Instead of plucking or cutting, get water baptized into Christ's death and burial and be raised with Him to walk in newness of life ! (Rom 6:3-7)
As shared with you, the eyes are what God testifies Israel used to go a whoring.

On top of that, with the eyes if we look ion a woman ( to look, means to see with our eyes.) we commit adultery already in our heart. ( as I shared scripture, out of the heart is what defiles us and not all in the mind.)

That is why Jesus tells if our eye offends us, ( as when we look with our eyes, we are offending our whole body to be cast into hell.) to pluck it out and cast it from us. ( to stop using our eyes which Israel used to go a whoring.)

That is why Apostle Paul speaks further of this matter, how if it were possible thy would have plucked out their eyes and given them to Paul. ( they had, had that much devotion at one time, but Paul is testifying how they had lost that devotion/faith.)

Your advise of water baptism, is not acknowledging these testimonies of Christ, nor can you still say the eye has no responsibility. ( because Gods word shows how it does.)

1.When was the last time you discovered your hand trying to steal from an open cash drawer t the store?

2.The terms mind and heart are interchangeable.

James testifies of the difference between our parts of our bodies, this time the tongue. If a person can bridle the tongue, they can then bridle the whole body. ( the same advice that Christ taught, if our eye, offends to cast it from us, so our whole body does not perish.)

The tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity among our members, ( among the other parts of our body) and the tongue defiles the whole body. ( the very same advice Christ gave, that you are not acknowledging, of casting the right eye, right hand, hand, foot or eye, from us, so all of our body parts are not cast into hell.)

James 3:2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
3 Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.
4 Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.
5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!

James 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
7 For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

Matthew 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Matthew 18:8 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.
9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

Christ has testified with those eyes ( proving the body parts are interchangeable.) we commit adultery in our heart, which also proves the heart and mind are to be known separately.

The reason being that we have to have the new covenant of a heart of flesh given, ( which is the Spirit.) to understand with, and the stony heart taken away, which prevents us having understanding in the heart. ( knowledge puffs up, charity, in the heart edifies.)

Jeremiah 17:10 I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

Ezekiel 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

1 Corinthians 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

1 Corinthians 8:1 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.

Colossians 1:9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back