Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Can sinning be overcome?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Then stop beating that dead horse. The problem is not Jesus’ state of holiness but his value system which seems to he understood to be as narcissistic as modern man. He didn’t value his own holiness. He loved people. It’s probably just too different.

He focused on others because he loved them, not because he had achieved a goal of being sinless.

Notice no focus on his own greatness but on what he gives. He loves…he gives…that’s the message.

He loves, he gives. That’s his message, not “I am great/perfect/holy/etc, look at me.
2. Apostle Paul further tells of the same matter in the next chapter. How the law itself is spiritual, but as a man, ( under that same law) we are carnal, as we are sold under sin.

Next chapter 8, and Apostle Paul sums it up again, how the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus, sets us free from the ( previous) law of sin and death. ( where we were sold under sin, and held in subjection/bondage.)

For the creature was made subject to vanity ( in the law.) by reason of Him ( God) who subjected us to be in hope. The creature is delivered from that bondage of corruption, ( all our lifetime fearing corruption/death, we were subject to bondage, and we were delivered through Jesus Christ taking part in flesh and blood, that through death, He might destroy him that had the power of death, that is the devil.)

Romans 8 then tells, for we are saved by hope, ( the hope of Jesus Christ in eternal life. ) and a hope that is seen is not hope, but if we hope for what we see not, then we wait for it with patience.

Paul again speaks of this same in Titus 1 and 3, of the faith of Gods elect, ( they acknowledge the truth which is after godliness.) in hope of eternal life, from (believing/trusting) in the promise that God had made, ( the promise of the Spirit) and God cannot lie, and in these last times manifested His word ( of His promise of eternal life) through preaching, committed to the Apostle Paul through the commandment of God our Saviour. ( His commandment is life everlasting. John 12:50.)

Titus 3 continues, it is not by works of righteousness which we have done, ( we cannot obey our way to believe, or be in a law subjecting us to sin in unbelief.) BUT, according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; which God shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour.

That is us being justified by his grace, so we should be made heirs according to the HOPE OF ETERNAL LIFE..

Romans 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Romans 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Romans 8:24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Hebrews 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

Titus 1: Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;
2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
3 But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour;

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Next in 1 Corinthians, we are exhorted how we are bought with a price, and then to not be the servants of men. ( as that would mean being servants of the same sin/bondage.)

Glorifying God in our body and spirit, which are Gods. ( to obey until a person sins, is set free from nothing, and it is not faith which has set us free through the free gift/price paid.)

For by grace we are saved through faith, not of ourselves, it is all the gift of God. ( it is through the faith of Christ, and the Word of faith which is preached.) so no man can boast, ( by strength shall no man prevail, as God keeps the feet of His saints.)

We are His workmanship, we have to be created in Christ Jesus unto good works, as God ordained. ( not as people ordain and break.)

1 Corinthians 6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

1 Corinthians 7:23 Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Apostle Paul detailed those who turn again to the weak and beggarly elements, desiring to be in bondage again. ( to works of law/obedience, to be servants of sin, not servants of righteousness of God.)

We are free, not to use our liberty for a cloak of maliciousness, but to be as the servants of God.

Apostle Peter also gives warning, how there were false prophets among the people ( teaching Israel to obey in a law and not to have faith in God instead.) and there shall be false teachers among us, the same way.

They bring in heresies, they deny the Lord that BOUGHT US, ( they deny that we are bought with the free gift / the purchased of the church of God with Christs own blood, and to believe in His righteousness to be saved.) Many follow their subtle ways, when they speak evil of the way of truth.

They speak great swelling words of vanity,, they allure through the flesh those who were clean escaped from them, ( Jesus set us free when we believe in His word, as the Samaritans did, and not as the Jews of Israel rejected.) who live in error. ( in sin of unbelief.)

These false teachers promise liberty, while they are servants of corruption. ( of sin and unbelief in Jesus Christ.) and of whom ma man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage. ( brought into sin and unbelief, by the false teachers, that many follow now.)

We escaped those pollutions of the world, ( the world is wicked, the god of this world blinds the minds of those who BELIEVE NOT, through these false teachers. 2 Corinthians 4:4. 1 John 5:19.) through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, ( the same as the Samaritans confessed and believed through His word, that Jesus is the Christ, the Saviour of the world.) they are entangled again in the pollutions of the world, ( as the Jews of Israel rejected Christ setting them free, by believing in the truth and the truth shall set them free.)

It is better for them to not have known the way of righteousness, ( the truth, of believing in our heart that God raised Christ from the dead to be saved, as with the heart man BELIEVES UNTO RIGHTEOUSNESS. Romans 10:9-10.) than after they have known it, to turn from the Holy commandment delivered unto them. ( the commandment of God is life everlasting, by believing in the preaching of Jesus Christ, for belief in His righteousness declared. Romans 3:26. 4:5.)

Galatians 4:8 Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods.
9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

1 Peter 2:16 As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

2 Peter 2:18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.

2 Peter 2:19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

Romans 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

I for the life of me gordon777 cant figure out if you agreed or disagreed with my statement sir. If you disagreed with me, please explain what part of what I said is not true if you would be so kind.
Statements ( word and tongue) mean nothing, love is in deed and in truth, as Christ we know did for us to lay His life down for us, sinners don't do that, they hurt other peoples lives instead of doing the greater love that Jesus did for us to be His followers sincerely.

Also it is commandment by Christ, to love one another as He loved us. ( laying His life down for us, is how He loved us and how we perceive the love of God as testified.

Those who do not love Jesus, don't do what Jesus did ( show they have no belief in Him) and they do not do what he commanded. ( to love others as He loved us/the greater love.)

John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

John 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

1 John 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.

Jude 1:21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

If not by faith as you claim ,how then did David attain his salvation ?
David spoke concerning Christ, of the Lord always before His face so he would not be moved.

David rejoiced that his soul would not be left in hell. ( in corruption.)

That God would not suffer HIs Holy One to see corruption. ( Jesus Christ saw no corruption, God raised Him alone from the dead. David was not, David slept and saw corruption..)

David being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, God would raise up Christ to sit on his throne. David seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that His soul was not left in hell, neither His flesh did see corruption.

Acts 13:36 For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:

Acts 13:37 But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption.

Acts 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Acts 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

David did not ascend into the Heavens, but spoke of Christ doing that, siting on the right hand of God until the enemies of Christ are made HIs footstool. That is why we have only focus on Christ, ( it makes non sense to focus on anyone who saw corruption and who was not ascended into the Heavens, and not instead on Jesus Christ the first begotten of the dead. Revelation 1:5 )

As Hebrews also records, they died in faith but they had not received the promises ( Christ is the end of our faith. Romans 10:4. 1 Peter 1:9) but they saw them afar of and embraced them. ( as we just read about David speaking about them.) They without us were not made perfect, God provided better for us. (whether you accept it or not, that is how we draw near to God, and not at all by Davids examples.)

Acts 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Hebrews 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

Hebrews 11:39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

I can't tell if you are willing to punish the eyes, or the mind that controls the eyes?

I feel Paul's reference to eyes was of a medical nature, or just a figure of speech in Gal 4:15.

My eyes are controlled by the new "me".
The eyes don't have any responsibility for what they are aimed at by someone's mind/spirit.
God testified in the old and confirmed the same in the new, the wicked use their feet to run to evil, to make haste to shed blood.

No faithfulness in their mouth, their throat an open grave, they flatter with their tongue. There is no fear of God before their eyes.

Also a deceived heart turns them aside, so they cannot deliver their soul, nor say, is there not a lie in their right hand ?

Psalm 5:9 For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; their inward part is very wickedness; their throat is an open sepulchre; they flatter with their tongue.

Proverbs 1:16 For their feet run to evil, and make haste to shed blood.

Isaiah 44:20 He feedeth on ashes: a deceived heart hath turned him aside, that he cannot deliver his soul, nor say, Is there not a lie in my right hand?

Isaiah 59:7 Their feet run to evil, and they make haste to shed innocent blood: their thoughts are thoughts of iniquity; wasting and destruction are in their paths.

Romans 3:13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:
16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:
17 And the way of peace have they not known:
18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

Make the Law honorable?
Christ made the law enhanced, by no longer using our eyes to commit adultery, that is why he taught that, and how it was magnified ( increased) to be made honourable. ( to dispute that the eye cant cause us to commit adultery in the heart, wont stop the fact that Jesus taught this to magnify/increase the law, and make it honourable. Acknowledging and confession of the truth as taught by Christ, is belief in Christ.)

Isaiah 42:21 The Lord is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

Matthew 5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Matthew 5:38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Matthew 5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

You are wasting your time trying to convince me that the eyes will be punished for what the mind/spirit does.

Christ did not waste His time to show how we are to control our eyes, unlike Israel, who used them to do evil.

To control our hand, ( no lie to be in it through a deceived heart.)

Not to have our feet to be swift to shed blood and to go and do more evil.

Because all the words of scripture are profitable for instruction in righteousness.

Luke 7:35 But wisdom is justified of all her children.

2 Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

If David did not attain his salvation by faith, as you claim, how did he attain it ?
David spoke concerning Christ, of the Lord always before His face so he would not be moved.

David rejoiced that his soul would not be left in hell. ( in corruption.)

That God would not suffer HIs Holy One to see corruption. ( Jesus Christ saw no corruption, God raised Him alone from the dead. David was not, David slept and saw corruption..)

David being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, God would raise up Christ to sit on his throne. David seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that His soul was not left in hell, neither His flesh did see corruption.

Acts 13:36 For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:

Acts 13:37 But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption.

Acts 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Acts 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

David did not ascend into the Heavens, but spoke of Christ doing that, siting on the right hand of God until the enemies of Christ are made HIs footstool. That is why we have only focus on Christ, ( it makes non sense to focus on anyone who saw corruption and who was not ascended into the Heavens, and not instead on Jesus Christ the first begotten of the dead. Revelation 1:5 )

As Hebrews also records, they died in faith but they had not received the promises ( Christ is the end of our faith. Romans 10:4. 1 Peter 1:9) but they saw them afar of and embraced them. ( as we just read about David speaking about them.) They without us were not made perfect, God provided better for us. (whether you accept it or not, that is how we draw near to God, and not at all by Davids examples.)

Acts 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Hebrews 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

Hebrews 11:39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

All the prophets are in the Kingdom of God, they attained that salvation through embracing the promises of salvation, and seeing them afar off, Hebrews 11 explained.

More info is in 1 Peter 1, of the salvation the prophets enquired of and searched diligently about, who prophesied of the grace of Christ to come to us, unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they ministered ( prophesied) the things, which now are, ( what was revealed of Christ/the righteousness of the Kingdom of Heaven.) reported unto us by those who preached the Gospel with the Holy Ghost send down from Heaven, which the angels desire to look into.

Jesus confirmed the same in Matthew 13, that blessed are the disciples eyes, for they see: and their ears, for they hear.
Jesus said truly to us, that many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which we see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which we hear, and have not heard them.

1 Peter 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

Matthew 13:16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.
17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

Luke 13:28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

Statements ( word and tongue) mean nothing, love is in deed and in truth, as Christ we know did for us to lay His life down for us, sinners don't do that, they hurt other peoples lives instead of doing the greater love that Jesus did for us to be His followers sincerely.

Also it is commandment by Christ, to love one another as He loved us. ( laying His life down for us, is how He loved us and how we perceive the love of God as testified.

Those who do not love Jesus, don't do what Jesus did ( show they have no belief in Him) and they do not do what he commanded. ( to love others as He loved us/the greater love.)

John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

John 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

1 John 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.

Jude 1:21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
Exactly gordon777. I look forward to the day when all alive will demonstrate that love, it is fast approaching sir.

You believe he is not with the Lord today ?
David, Solomon, Job, Isaiah, Jeremiah, all the prophets, know the Lord is their redeemer, who shall stand at the latter day upon the earth. ( they all prophesied of this to us.)

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

Proverbs 23:11 For their redeemer is mighty; he shall plead their cause with thee.

Job 19:25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
27 Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.

Isaiah 47:4 As for our redeemer, the Lord of hosts is his name, the Holy One of Israel.

Isaiah 59:20 And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the Lord.

Jeremiah 50:34 Their Redeemer is strong; the Lord of hosts is his name: he shall throughly plead their cause, that he may give rest to the land, and disquiet the inhabitants of Babylon.

Exactly gordon777. I look forward to the day when all alive will demonstrate that love, it is fast approaching sir.

All demonstrate that they have no love in them now, being children of the devil. Also love waxes cold because of hearing the false prophet teachers right now. ( proving, only those who endure in love of Christ now, till the end shall be saved, nobody else can be.)

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

1 John 3: 10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Matthew 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Matthew 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

In a world full of people who profess belief in God now, but who have turned into lovers of their own selves, instead of lovers of God, they do not love their brother, they hate him, and they are then murderers, as well as sinners, and no murderer( sinner) has eternal life abiding in them.

If we have that Spirit of love in us, the Spirit of Christ, HIs Spirit quickens our mortal bodies, but if we live after the flesh ( sinning, big or small) we shall die. ( because it is through the Spirit that we mortify the deeds/sins of the body)

Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

2 Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

2 Timothy 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

1 John 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

If anyone wants to know if sinning can be overcome, read here.

1. By strength shall no man prevail.

In the old testament, God reminds Israel of the covenant He had made with them when He set them free from Egypt, at the end of seven years to set free every man their Hebrew brother, which had been sold unto them.

Israel had done right in turning and dong right in the sight of the Lord, in proclaiming liberty every man to his neighbour, and made a covenant before the Lord in the house which is called by His name. But they turned and polluted HIs name and caused every man his servant which they had set at liberty to return, and brought them into subjection to be unto them for servants.

1 Samuel 2:9 He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.

Jeremiah 34:13 Thus saith the Lord, the God of Israel; I made a covenant with your fathers in the day that I brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondmen, saying,
14 At the end of seven years let ye go every man his brother an Hebrew, which hath been sold unto thee; and when he hath served thee six years, thou shalt let him go free from thee: but your fathers hearkened not unto me, neither inclined their ear.
15 And ye were now turned, and had done right in my sight, in proclaiming liberty every man to his neighbour; and ye had made a covenant before me in the house which is called by my name:
16 But ye turned and polluted my name, and caused every man his servant, and every man his handmaid, whom he had set at liberty at their pleasure, to return, and brought them into subjection, to be unto you for servants and for handmaids.

Remembering that no man shall prevail by strength. ( because the Lord keeps the feet of His saints.)

Jesus Christ the Son of God, speaks of the gift of God to a Samaritan woman, and her asking of Him ( in faith) would mean Jesus would give her living water. ( the Spirit of Jesus Christ.)

When the other Samaritans had gathered to Jesus, they believed in Jesus ( which is how to receive the gift of God, of the living water He gives.) because of His own word. They confessed, that they know this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

Remembering also, how Israel had done wrong in proclaiming liberty, then returning those set free to be brought into subjection.

Jesus said to those Jews which believed on Him, if they continue in His word, they would be His disciples indeed, and they shall know the truth and the truth shall set them free.

But the Jews of Israel answered back, they are Abrahams seed and were never in bondage to any man. ( they had a covenant with God to set every man a Hebrew free after seven years, but they turned and polluted Gods name.) They asked Jesus, how He then can set them free ?

Jesus answered, how truly whosoever commits sin is the servant of sin.

Jesus reveals how those servants ( committing sins) do not abide for ever, only the Son abides ever. Jesus says, if the Son therefore shall make you free, you shall be free indeed.

John 4:10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

John 4:41 And many more believed because of his own word;
42 And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

John 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Acts tells further of the church of God, ( which the Samaritans we saw believed in, but the Jews of Israel did not.) and how Christ had purchased this church with HIs own blood.) and that is how Jesus sets them free, because He bought them through HIs own blood, to give the free gift of the water that came out of Him, with HIs blood.. ( the gift of the Spirit, the water we drink, is given to those that believe, as we saw the Samaritans believed in the word, but the Jews of Israel did not, and continued to be children of God in the law, which is not set free from sin. John 7:38-39.)

John 19:34 But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Next Romans again tells of the original offence, to now tell of the free gift, how the original offence many are dead, and now the grace of God and the gift of grace abounds to many.

Death reigned by one to condemnation, now by the righteousness of one the free gift comes upon all men unto justification of life. Just as by one mans disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one ( Jesus Christ.) many shall be made righteous.

Next chapter of Romans continues, how we were then the servants of sin, but we obey from the heart that form of doctrine delivered to us, ( as the new covenant God makes with us is God this time writing it in the heart, by the Spirit gift of Christ, not the letter, as the letter kills, but the Spirit makes alive.) and being MADE FREE FROM SIN, we BECOME, servants of righteousness.

Being made free from sin, and BECOME servants of God, the fruit is holiness, the end everlasting life. The wages of sin ( in the law where we are in subjection/under bondage.) are death, no matter what woks are done, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ being our Lord and Saviour. ( as the Samaritans concluded, and as the Jews of Israel rejected.)

Romans 5:15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Romans 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Romans 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
The problem with those who focus on them being sinless is they always give pages and pages of scripture promising them that they are or can be sinless (if taken out of context) but never ever tell us that their actual deeds are just like Jesus, sinless and perfect 24/7.

No one that I ever met who has embraced this theology demonstrates in their writings actual real holiness. It’s more a legal position they claim for themselves.

God testified in the old and confirmed the same in the new, the wicked use their feet to run to evil, to make haste to shed blood.
Do you know people who fit this description?
No faithfulness in their mouth, their throat an open grave, they flatter with their tongue. There is no fear of God before their eyes.
Again, you know people like this?
Also a deceived heart turns them aside, so they cannot deliver their soul, nor say, is there not a lie in their right hand ?

Psalm 5:9 For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; their inward part is very wickedness; their throat is an open sepulchre; they flatter with their tongue.

Proverbs 1:16 For their feet run to evil, and make haste to shed blood.

Isaiah 44:20 He feedeth on ashes: a deceived heart hath turned him aside, that he cannot deliver his soul, nor say, Is there not a lie in my right hand?

Isaiah 59:7 Their feet run to evil, and they make haste to shed innocent blood: their thoughts are thoughts of iniquity; wasting and destruction are in their paths.

Romans 3:13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:
16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:
17 And the way of peace have they not known:
18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.
Repeating the same verses doesn’t make it any better.

The problem with those who focus on them being sinless is they always give pages and pages of scripture promising them that they are or can be sinless (if taken out of context) but never ever tell us that their actual deeds are just like Jesus, sinless and perfect 24/7.

Or,, it is in context, which people who sin, do not agree with. ( being without sin)

The scripture tells us ( and it is truth and in context) we are the same as Jesus. or nothing like Him..

John 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

1 Corinthians 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

1 Corinthians 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

It has been so well shared ( the scriptures) for this thread, how the word of God is with power to overcome as Jesus overcame, the same and in no different way. ( the sheep follow Him)

It is not only shameful what those of works of darkness do in secret( sinning) it is worse shame the forum allows such denial of Jesus Christ. ( and must therefore encourage it instead.)

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.

1 Corinthians 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

Titus 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Or,, it is in context, which people who sin, do not agree with. ( being without sin)

The scripture tells us ( and it is truth and in context) we are the same as Jesus. or nothing like Him..

John 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

1 Corinthians 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

1 Corinthians 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.
That’s exactly what I mean. You say scripture promises that you are exactly like Jesus even if no one, including Jesus, sees the resemblance.

But what is worse is that being assured that you already ARE like Jesus no matter how you actually treat others, there’s no reason to pursue God to make you like Jesus. You’re perfect today in your view. It’s a legal “perfection” assumed by parcing our isolated verses without any comparison to reality.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back