Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Can sinning be overcome?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
A "figurative" whip.

I can't quote any verses, but it did result in him being chased from the throne and Jerusalem.
And losing his son.
Quite a heavy cost.
As to why?
Because he was the presage of Christ.
No, because David caused great reason for the enemies of God to blaspheme.

2 Samuel 12:14 Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the Lord to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die.

Being light isn’t connected with knowing Him.
Job 24:13 They are of those that rebel against the light; they know not the ways thereof, nor abide in the paths thereof.

Job 24:16 In the dark they dig through houses, which they had marked for themselves in the daytime: they know not the light.

Psalm 89:15 Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O Lord, in the light of thy countenance.

Isaiah 42:16 And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.

Daniel 2:22 He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him.

Zephaniah 3:5 The just Lord is in the midst thereof; he will not do iniquity: every morning doth he bring his judgment to light, he faileth not; but the unjust knoweth no shame.

John 12:35 Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.

2 Corinthians 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

It’s better to let the Word judge us today. Later is too late. “Search me (today) O God and see if there be any wicked way in me.”
Now that peace was preached by Jesus Chris, we are enabled to examine ourselves, and judge ourselves through the judgement that Christ set in the earth. ( while it is still called to day)

Isaiah 42:4 He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law.

Acts 10:36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)

1 Corinthians 11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

Hebrews 3:13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

Incorrect. The wise are ones who are confident in their own understanding and learning. They definitely do NOT obey. Those who obey are those Jesus reveals the Father to and there’s no short cut. Babes are the ones depending upon Him and therefore also obey.
No that is just your doctrinal beliefs.

Now I will show us all the doctrine of Gods words instead. ( if someone cant acknowledge them, they will also be unable to deny them, as I am able to continue reproving us all with them, always.)

Your opinion of own understanding, and others depending on Him, is not scriptural, as testified, but that is why I am sharing with us all what is testified exactly.

Israel believed in the words of God, but soon forgot HIs works, ( of saving them once out of the land of Egypt. God then destroyed them who believed not. Jude 1:5.) they waited not for HIs counsel.

Jesus testifies of the same for everybody who now hears the words of the Gospel, they hear and have no root ( no faith, no planting of the Lord/trees of righteousness. Isaiah 61:3. and for a while believe, and in time o temptation fall away. ( as Israel soon forgot the works of the Lord.)

Psalms 106:12 Then believed they his words; they sang his praise.
13 They soon forgat his works; they waited not for his counsel:
14 But lusted exceedingly in the wilderness, and tempted God in the desert.

Luke 8:13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

Then Jesus testifies of two types of sons, one who says they will not go, then repent and go, and the other who says they go, but never do. The Pharisees obey in a pretence manner only. They obey in the way they want, but not doing the will of the Father. ( through faith.)

Matthew 21:28 But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard.
29 He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.
30 And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.
31 Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.

This is continued in 1 Corinthians 1, the preaching of the cross ( for faith to be saved for the little ones) is foolishness to the wise and prudent, who have their understanding brought to nothing. The disputer of this world has their wisdom made into foolishness.

The world by wisdom ( hidden from the wise and prudent, through requiring revealing of the Gospel through the faith of Jesus Christ.) knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save those who BELIEVE.

Christ crucified is preached, unto the Greeks ( who seek wisdom) it is foolishness. But unto us which are saved, it is the power of God, and the wisdom of God. ( revealed or hidden, wise and prudent who obey in their own ways, or the babes/little ones, who believe in Jesus.)

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Also not true. Many obey having a law unto themselves but don’t believe. It’s just now and again obedience doesn’t cover the disobedience.
gordon777 said: "Matthew 18:6.) Nobody can obey, unless they believe, and they believe if Christ has revealed Himself to them, but the wise and prudent do not accept we are to believe."

Yes it is not true, ( that many obey having a law unto themselves, but don't believe) that obedience does not cover disobedience.

But it was true, that Christ reveals Himself to us, or that it is hidden from the wise and prudent. ( the wise and prudent cannot accept the preaching of the cross, as to them it IS FOOLISHNESS.) To the babes, who it is revealed to, they believe in the preaching of the cross, as that is the power and wisdom of God to them. ( not their own wisdom nor power, therefore it is the grace of Jesus Christ, and also not their own righteousness, as with the wise and prudent, it is the righteousness imputed to us of Christ.)

Romans below show the work of the law written in the hearts, their conscience bearing witness. ( witness of Jesus Christ.)

Hebrews sums it up, we have such an High Priest, set on the right hand of the Throne of the Majesty of the Heavens. Our High Priest ( Jesus Christ.) obtained a more excellent ministry, to be the mediator of a better covenant, established upon better promises. ( this is all the witness the Gentiles have, who show the work of the law written in their hearts and their conscience bearing witness.) The covenant God made with us, is putting His laws in our minds, and writing them in our hearts, to be a God to us, and we shall be His people.

Romans 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

Hebrews 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

Hebrews 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Acts 15:17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

You left out he who does Jesus’ teaching is the one the Father loves.
gordon777 said: "John 14:21, is combined with John 17:6-8. Of who is loved of the Father, of who the Son reveals Himself to. Christ testifies He has manifested the name of God ( Jesus Christ.) unto HIs disciples, who were the Fathers, and the Father gave them to the Son ( who was now on earth, testifying of Himself, so they will now believe and be saved.)"

Jesus testifies of Himself so they will believe and be saved.

To be saved, is to receive the Spirit, because without it, there is no having the commandments of Christ, and there is no keeping of them.

If you read the verse you say was left out, you can see this is told exactly, how Jesus manifests Himself to us, because He loves us, and when we have the commandments of Christ, to keep them, ( when Jesus loves us and manifests Himself to us.) we are loved of the Father. ( the Father loved the disciples because they believed the Son came out from Him. John 16:27.)

The Spirit is given to those who believe in Jesus and after Jesus was glorified, and the Spirit of truth was given after Jesus had to go away, then He sent the Spirit to us. ( through the Spirit we all obey, it is the new covenant of the new heart and Spirit and the law written in our mind. Ezekiel 11:19.) We know Jesus loved us, as He gave Himself for us.

John 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Not obedience. It’s disobedience/dead works.
Gordon: "5. Finally for us all, what is faith with works ? ( obedience/ dead without it.)"

Remembering before, that the Gentiles ( in the new covenant, believing, have a conscience and witness. Romans 2:15.) it is the very same told in Hebrews 9, how the blood of Christ, ( belief in His blood) purges our conscience from dead works, to serve the living God. ( to serve in newness of Spirit, not in the oldness of the letter, as in the oldness of the letter they obey without the Spirit. We are delivered from obedience in the law.)

Hebrews 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Romans 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

The Gospel is not the end of the mystery nor the end of the revelation. It’s the beginning.

God has revealed all things to His servants the prophets. ( God could do nothing, but reveal it all His secret unto His servants the prophets, and He has done all to save us from death.)

Then the mystery of God is finished, because the mystery of iniquity will be gone. ( the mystery of iniquity, is on all people who do not believe in the mystery of Christ revealed., through disbelief in sin/the man of sin. The world believes in the spirit that now opposes and exalts itself against God/ the spirit that now works in the children of DISOBEDIENCE.)

Amos 3:7 Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

Ephesians 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Revelation 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

2 Thessalonians 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

2 Thessalonians 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

You don’t know the reason?? I think it’s obvious.

Lots of scriptures there. Few address the topic.
Yes I keep placing verses for your question, how Jesus Christ testified of Himself to be without sin.

That is the reason that Christ can focus on others also, because sin is when we focus on ourselves. ( charity/God is love, who Jesus Christ is, seeks not her own.)

This is Jesus again testifying He is God, ( no darkness/no sin) how He is the greater love to lay His life down for His friends/the sheep.

John 10:15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

1 John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Dorothy Mae and anyone else still disputing in the thread, has little addressing to the topic.

The question is can sinning be overcome ?

It can, it is, but not through questions which only give strife. If they show they only question on and dispute, how does that show they believe to the overcoming of evil, and to the saving of the soul?

Romans 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

2 Timothy 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

Hebrews 10:39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Yes I keep placing verses for your question, how Jesus Christ testified of Himself to be without sin.
Then stop beating that dead horse. The problem is not Jesus’ state of holiness but his value system which seems to he understood to be as narcissistic as modern man. He didn’t value his own holiness. He loved people. It’s probably just too different.
That is the reason that Christ can focus on others also, because sin is when we focus on ourselves. ( charity/God is love, who Jesus Christ is, seeks not her own.)
He focused on others because he loved them, not because he had achieved a goal of being sinless.
This is Jesus again testifying He is God, ( no darkness/no sin) how He is the greater love to lay His life down for His friends/the sheep.
Notice no focus on his own greatness but on what he gives. He loves…he gives…that’s the message.
John 10:15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

1 John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
He loves, he gives. That’s his message, not “I am great/perfect/holy/etc, look at me.

That would make littler sense, to think that you can love ( righteousness) others, and work hatred ( sins) towards them at the same time. The good tree cant produce evil fruit, that the evil tree can only produce.( Matthew 7:18.)

Just look with me now, ( for everybody) and see the verse just quoted of 1 Peter 4:8. Begin two verses earlier, and we read how the Gospel was preached to them that are dead, ( dead in sins. Ephesians 2:1. Colossians 2:13. 1 Peter 2:24. Revelation 1:5.) so that they can live according to God, in the Spirit.

Then we are exhorted, that the end of all things is at hand, to then be sober and watch unto prayer. Above all things to have fervent charity among themselves, as charity covers the multitude of sins.

That message is told in James 5, how those who do ERR FROM THE TRUTH, need converting, and he that converts the sinner from the error of their ways, saves a soul from death ( the gospel preached to them that are dead.) and shall hide their multitude of sins.

1 Peter 4:6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.
7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.
8 And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

James 5:19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Further words on what charity is. ( it is not the sinning, the unconverted in error, suggest it is)

1 Corinthians 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Colossians 3:14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

1 Timothy 1:5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:

2 Timothy 2:22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

2 Peter 1:5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
I for the life of me gordon777 cant figure out if you agreed or disagreed with my statement sir. If you disagreed with me, please explain what part of what I said is not true if you would be so kind.

You are missing the point here of the thread. ( can sinning be overcome. Which it can through the faith of Jesus Christ.) and missing the mark is sin, as it is not belief.

David attained no salvation through faith
If not by faith as you claim ,how then did David attain his salvation ?

The law of faith, is the law of Jesus Christ.
Agreed.
Jesus Christ did not come to destroy the law, but to fulfil. ( for His righteousness sake, to magnify the law and make it honourable.)
Make the Law honorable?
Christ came to bear our sins, and the law of Christ is us bearing one another's burdens also.
We can help others bear their burdens, but we can't bear their sins like Jesus mercifully did.

As shared with you, the eyes are what God testifies Israel used to go a whoring.
I can't tell if you are willing to punish the eyes, or the mind that controls the eyes?
That is why Apostle Paul speaks further of this matter, how if it were possible thy would have plucked out their eyes and given them to Paul. ( they had, had that much devotion at one time, but Paul is testifying how they had lost that devotion/faith.)
I feel Paul's reference to eyes was of a medical nature, or just a figure of speech in Gal 4:15.
Your advise of water baptism, is not acknowledging these testimonies of Christ, nor can you still say the eye has no responsibility. ( because Gods word shows how it does.)
My eyes are controlled by the new "me".
The eyes don't have any responsibility for what they are aimed at by someone's mind/spirit.

James testifies of the difference between our parts of our bodies, this time the tongue. If a person can bridle the tongue, they can then bridle the whole body. ( the same advice that Christ taught, if our eye, offends to cast it from us, so our whole body does not perish.)

The tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity among our members, ( among the other parts of our body) and the tongue defiles the whole body. ( the very same advice Christ gave, that you are not acknowledging, of casting the right eye, right hand, hand, foot or eye, from us, so all of our body parts are not cast into hell.)

James 3:2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
3 Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.
4 Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.
5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!

James 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
7 For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

Matthew 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Matthew 18:8 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.
9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

Christ has testified with those eyes ( proving the body parts are interchangeable.) we commit adultery in our heart, which also proves the heart and mind are to be known separately.

The reason being that we have to have the new covenant of a heart of flesh given, ( which is the Spirit.) to understand with, and the stony heart taken away, which prevents us having understanding in the heart. ( knowledge puffs up, charity, in the heart edifies.)

Jeremiah 17:10 I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

Ezekiel 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

1 Corinthians 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

1 Corinthians 8:1 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.

Colossians 1:9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
You are wasting your time trying to convince me that the eyes will be punished for what the mind/spirit does.

Then stop beating that dead horse. The problem is not Jesus’ state of holiness but his value system which seems to he understood to be as narcissistic as modern man. He didn’t value his own holiness. He loved people. It’s probably just too different.

He focused on others because he loved them, not because he had achieved a goal of being sinless.

Notice no focus on his own greatness but on what he gives. He loves…he gives…that’s the message.

He loves, he gives. That’s his message, not “I am great/perfect/holy/etc, look at me.
If anyone wants to know if sinning can be overcome, read here.

1. By strength shall no man prevail.

In the old testament, God reminds Israel of the covenant He had made with them when He set them free from Egypt, at the end of seven years to set free every man their Hebrew brother, which had been sold unto them.

Israel had done right in turning and dong right in the sight of the Lord, in proclaiming liberty every man to his neighbour, and made a covenant before the Lord in the house which is called by His name. But they turned and polluted HIs name and caused every man his servant which they had set at liberty to return, and brought them into subjection to be unto them for servants.

1 Samuel 2:9 He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.

Jeremiah 34:13 Thus saith the Lord, the God of Israel; I made a covenant with your fathers in the day that I brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondmen, saying,
14 At the end of seven years let ye go every man his brother an Hebrew, which hath been sold unto thee; and when he hath served thee six years, thou shalt let him go free from thee: but your fathers hearkened not unto me, neither inclined their ear.
15 And ye were now turned, and had done right in my sight, in proclaiming liberty every man to his neighbour; and ye had made a covenant before me in the house which is called by my name:
16 But ye turned and polluted my name, and caused every man his servant, and every man his handmaid, whom he had set at liberty at their pleasure, to return, and brought them into subjection, to be unto you for servants and for handmaids.

Remembering that no man shall prevail by strength. ( because the Lord keeps the feet of His saints.)

Jesus Christ the Son of God, speaks of the gift of God to a Samaritan woman, and her asking of Him ( in faith) would mean Jesus would give her living water. ( the Spirit of Jesus Christ.)

When the other Samaritans had gathered to Jesus, they believed in Jesus ( which is how to receive the gift of God, of the living water He gives.) because of His own word. They confessed, that they know this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

Remembering also, how Israel had done wrong in proclaiming liberty, then returning those set free to be brought into subjection.

Jesus said to those Jews which believed on Him, if they continue in His word, they would be His disciples indeed, and they shall know the truth and the truth shall set them free.

But the Jews of Israel answered back, they are Abrahams seed and were never in bondage to any man. ( they had a covenant with God to set every man a Hebrew free after seven years, but they turned and polluted Gods name.) They asked Jesus, how He then can set them free ?

Jesus answered, how truly whosoever commits sin is the servant of sin.

Jesus reveals how those servants ( committing sins) do not abide for ever, only the Son abides ever. Jesus says, if the Son therefore shall make you free, you shall be free indeed.

John 4:10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

John 4:41 And many more believed because of his own word;
42 And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

John 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Acts tells further of the church of God, ( which the Samaritans we saw believed in, but the Jews of Israel did not.) and how Christ had purchased this church with HIs own blood.) and that is how Jesus sets them free, because He bought them through HIs own blood, to give the free gift of the water that came out of Him, with HIs blood.. ( the gift of the Spirit, the water we drink, is given to those that believe, as we saw the Samaritans believed in the word, but the Jews of Israel did not, and continued to be children of God in the law, which is not set free from sin. John 7:38-39.)

John 19:34 But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Next Romans again tells of the original offence, to now tell of the free gift, how the original offence many are dead, and now the grace of God and the gift of grace abounds to many.

Death reigned by one to condemnation, now by the righteousness of one the free gift comes upon all men unto justification of life. Just as by one mans disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one ( Jesus Christ.) many shall be made righteous.

Next chapter of Romans continues, how we were then the servants of sin, but we obey from the heart that form of doctrine delivered to us, ( as the new covenant God makes with us is God this time writing it in the heart, by the Spirit gift of Christ, not the letter, as the letter kills, but the Spirit makes alive.) and being MADE FREE FROM SIN, we BECOME, servants of righteousness.

Being made free from sin, and BECOME servants of God, the fruit is holiness, the end everlasting life. The wages of sin ( in the law where we are in subjection/under bondage.) are death, no matter what woks are done, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ being our Lord and Saviour. ( as the Samaritans concluded, and as the Jews of Israel rejected.)

Romans 5:15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Romans 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Romans 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back