Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Can sinning be overcome?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Maybe this part where Jesus is speaking about those who commit sin being servants of sin.

Jesus shows the difference between the servant ( of sin) and the Son, how the servant of sin abide not for ever, but the Son abides ever. ( was from forever, and is for ever.)

That is how the Son can make us free ( from sin) as He has declared, how He is free. ( abiding ever.)

Romans 6 continues, we were made free ( from sin) to become servants to God, for the end everlasting life. ( the Son testified for us, how He is not a servant of sin, but is free, to make us free, to abide with him for ever, as He abides ever. Those who are not free, cannot make anyone else free, and only those who are free, can help others to also be free)

John 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Romans 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
Of course the measure is not actually doing wrong (sin.) It isn’t an attitude. Being free from sin means being able to love others as you love yourself.

In Philippians 3:12-15 (pay attention, Hopeful), it teaches that if anyone is perfect, they have the attitude that they have not apprehended but press on for the goal of the upward calling of God in Christ.

I consider that perfection is an obtainable goal; but that if anyone has reached it, they do not know that they have reached it.

But the reality is, that if we can never be made mature, as Ephesians 4:13 (nlt) defines that, then what is the point of seeking holiness? If you will never be able to measure up, why try?

Here is Ephesians 4:13 (nlt):

Eph 4:13, This will continue until we all come to such unity in our faith and knowledge of God’s Son that we will be mature in the Lord, measuring up to the full and complete standard of Christ.
Apostle Paul states it clearly, he does not count himself to have apprehended.. ( becaus we are apprehended of Christ Jesus.)

Apostle Paul forgets what is behind, ( life in the flesh in imperfection.) to reach forth unto what is before us ( perfection in the Spirit/ the Spirits of just men made perfect.)

Pauls example is pressing towards the mark ( of perfection, as sin is missing the mark.) for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

That is letting us, as many as be perfect, ( counting not ourselves, but apprehended of Christ Jesus.) be this minded. We have already attained, ( in the faith of Jesus Christ.) and walk by the same rule to mind the same thing. ( not counting ourselves, but apprehended by Christ Jesus.) This is being followers together of Apostle Paul, ( who follows Christ.) and we can mark those ( who fall short of the mark) as we have the Holy Apostles for an example.)

Philippians 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.
17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

Hebrews 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

Then Ephesians 4 continues perfectly, how these Apostles are given by God, for the perfecting of the saints ( they cant perfect the saints if they are imperfect and in sin/missed the mark.) to edify the body of Christ, till all come in the UNITY, of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ. ( the fulness of God.)

Not to be deceived by the doctrine and sleight of men, ( don't hear them, nor follow their examples) but speak the truth in love, to grow up into Him in all things, ( mature, is the unity of the faith.) which is the head, even Christ,,from whom the WHOLE body ( of Christ) fitly is joined together, to edify itself in love.

Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

Col 1:22, Yet now he has reconciled you to himself through the death of Christ in his physical body. As a result, he has brought you into his own presence, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before him without a single fault.
Col 1:23, But you must continue to believe this truth and stand firmly in it. Don’t drift away from the assurance you received when you heard the Good News. The Good News has been preached all over the world, and I, Paul, have been appointed as God’s servant to proclaim it.

As we balance these scriptures out, it becomes clear that we are to respond to the accusations of the enemy in a certain manner. We are holy and blameless as we stand before God without a single fault; and we must continue to believe this truth and stand firmly in it;

With the exception of moments when the Holy Spirit is the one doing the convicting.

Now in Matthew chapter 5, Jesus exhorts us to agree with our adversary quickly while we are on the way with him.

I think that our basic response to the accusation of the enemy ought to be that we go immediately to the Lord about the matter. If we are guilty, then the Holy Spirit will confirm that we are guilty and then our response needs to be that we agree with the accusation, confessing our sin; thus we will be forgiven and cleansed from all unrighteousness.

But if the Holy Spirit testifies that we have not sinned, I refer you to the passage above (Colossians 1:22-23) in the NLT.
There are no exceptions to being without fault, because we are to be without fault to people, to be without fault before the Lord. I already showed we are to never defraud our brother in ANY MATTER, as the Lord is the avenger of all such. ( to be cast into the prison, which we will never come out of.)

1 Thessalonians 4:6 That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.

But now, pay attention, to see what fault is exactly.

This begins in Psalms 32, that the man who the Lord will not impute iniquity, in their Spirit is no guile. ( Romans 4:6-8.)

They are described in Revelation 14, in the mouth is found no sguile, for they are without fault before the throne of God.

Psalm 32:2 Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

Revelation 14:5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

Now see the testimony from Peter, of Christ, who did no sin, neither guile found in HIs mouth.

Because belief in Jesus Christ of having no sin, no guile, no fault, is how we will see good days, by refraining our tongue from evil, and our lips to speak no guile, to hate evil, and do good, to seek peace and pursue after it. ( the peace that Christ gives us, not as the world gives. John 14:27.)

1 Peter 2:22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:

1 Peter 3:10 For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:
11 Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.

No we can understand what holy and unblameable really is in His sight, in His faith, in the hope of His Gospel.

Colossians 1:22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Now it makes perfect sense that what Jesus speaks about in Matthew 5, YOUR BROTHER, should be your concern FULLY.

To avoid being in danger of the council, to avoid being in danger of hell fire, to not do anything ever without cause against anyone, not to be angry, not to say fool, therefore to remember your brother, if you have wronged them, to be reconciled to them, BEFORE anything else. ( or be delivered to the judge, delivered to the officer, cast into prison, which we never come out of.)

Matthew 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;
24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
25 Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.

No it can not. But you can keep from committing serious sins, like those of 1 Cor 6:9,10. God always makes the way out for them Red. Perhaps you have experienced that before.

Love works no ill to our neighbour, so all are serious if we do not love. ( without love we will do any and all sins, we cast off the works of darkness, therefore all sins are works of DARKNESS, to then put on Christ, who is the armour of light/without sin.)

Romans 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

But the letter of the law is for those who seek to save themselves through law-keeping, obedience, works, or personal merit (see Galatians 3:10). For such, absolute perfect obedience to the law is required of them from conception into eternity (again, Galatians 3:10).
The letter of the law is when the law was with with ink, in tables of stone.

That time the law was not with the Spirit of the living God, not in fleshy tables of the heart.

2 Corinthians 3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

Now it is time for forum members to have just a little sense and honesty ?

Actually wake up and look at what is being told about Abraham.

Abraham did not have examples of disobedience to God, Abraham did not have examples of evil deeds, Abraham has one testimony, of believing in God, and that is righteousness.

Belief in Jesus Christ takes us out of the curse that the people of Abraham came to be under. ( the law of Moses.)

God told us all, the just shall live by faith. ( as we see Abrahams example, which leads us all to the faith of Christ.)

We see how Christ redeems us to God ( out of the curse of the law) by being made a curse for us.

Now the blessing of Abraham can come on us all, to receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Galatians 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

More examples of Abrahams obedience:

Hebrews 11:8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

Hebrews 11:17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,

James 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

For the thread ( and forums) discussion on not avoiding hurting others, working ill to others, even in any little ways at all, we see how Abraham was justified, not by us reading any bad examples at all, but only how he was justified, by believing in and obeying God always, which leads us to Christ, ( as Isaac was the only begotten son, as Jesus Christ is the only begotten of the Father.) who did always what pleased the Father.

John 8:29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

If you define sin as "missing the mark" of perfection, then the truth of the matter is that we all fall short of that standard.

If you define sin as the transgression of the law (1 John 3:4), then we also fall short (Galatians 6:13).

But if you define it as walking according to the flesh, it should be clear that we can walk in victory over and freedom from the power of sin.

For sin shall not have dominion over you (Romans 6:14); we are not obligated to the flesh (Romans 8:12, kjv, nlt).

1Jo 3:4 (kjv), Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Gal 6:13 (kjv), For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.

Rom 6:14 (kjv), For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Rom 8:12 (kjv), Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

Rom 8:12 (nlt), Therefore, dear brothers and sisters, you have no obligation to do what your sinful nature urges you to do.
Yes sir Justy, we do all sin I fully agree. But even in that, serious sins are a choice, none of us have to do those.

Of course the measure is not actually doing wrong (sin.) It isn’t an attitude. Being free from sin means being able to love others as you love yourself.
Yes you asked where Jesus says He is free from sin.

Jesus Christ is free from sin, He is faith, what is not of faith is sin. ( knowing Jesus Christ is faith, separates who are the liars/not of faith.)

It is not difficulty.

Only Christ is faith who knows the Father and alone can reveal the Father to us, who is the Son.

John 8:55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.

Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

The faith of JESUS CHRIST.

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Galatians 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

1 Timothy 3:13 For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 1:13 Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

2 Peter 1:1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

What is not of faith ( not of Jesus Christ, who is faith.) is sin.

Romans 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Yes sir Justy, we do all sin I fully agree. But even in that, serious sins are a choice, none of us have to do those.
Sin is what works ill to others, working ill to others is serious, as it is works of darkness, and no armour of ,light has been on. ( because the works of darkness were never cast off.) So we need to put on Christ as the scripture shows below..

Acts 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Romans 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.
14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Now that is a lot of testimony given, I will say this last to you all, how to overcome sin is to overcome all these in the world, ( their teaching, pretence of belief, when they are really with the devil, by Him in us, being greater than he, that is in the world/in them.)

1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Yes you asked where Jesus says He is free from sin.

Jesus Christ is free from sin, He is faith, what is not of faith is sin. ( knowing Jesus Christ is faith, separates who are the liars/not of faith.)
But where did he say so? My point isn’t that he isn’t free from sin. My point is he focused on loving God and man not how great he was.
It is not difficulty.

Only Christ is faith who knows the Father and alone can reveal the Father to us, who is the Son.
Well he knew the Father because he obeyed him. Faith was and is only as real as one actually obeys.
John 8:55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.
Notice he KEEPS HIS SAYING, not merely believes. Jesus obeyed. That’s a word few like. Believing is cheaper.
Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
21He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

He reveals Himself to those who obey Him, not those who say they believe.
The faith of JESUS CHRIST.

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Galatians 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

1 Timothy 3:13 For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 1:13 Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

2 Peter 1:1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

What is not of faith ( not of Jesus Christ, who is faith.) is sin.

Romans 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
“Faith without works (obedience) is dead”

There is no such thing as Christian perfectionism, Romans 3:10.

As long as we are in these unredeemed Adamic bodies we will sin, Romans 8:23.

What most do not understand is that the law is spiritual, Matthew 5:28. It searches the desires and the intent of the heart, Hebrews 4:12.

It is true that hardly any preaching against sin is heard these days. So preachers have become comfortable with degrees of sin.

But the new theology of believing one is sinless is worse. It’s an ego that supersedes those who think they know it all.
Believing and obeying God is an old theology.
Theology that puts love ahead of man's lusts in not very popular.

Quotation of one verse, topples nothing, instead what is toppled is the attempt to establish anything that way.

The message is delivered to those in the dark, that is why the message is that God is light.

We cant say we have fellowship with God, while walking in darkness ( as unbelievers do.) that is lying, it is not the truth.

But we have to begin to walk in the light ( with no darkness at all) as He is in the light, to have fellowship ( in the light) with one another., for the blood of Christ to cleanse us from all sin ( of darkness.)

If ( those yet in the dark, who say they have fellowship with Him that way.) say they have no sin, ( no darkness.) they deceive themselves, no truth is in them. ( walking in darkness/sin, is lying, and not doing the truth.)

If we confess our sins, He will be faithful and just to forgive them, ( those walking in darkness were never forgiven yet.) to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Those who say they have not sinned ( who claim to have fellowship with Him and are yet walking in sin/darkness.) make God a liar, His word is not in them. ( to do the truth is to walk in light, not darkness.)

1 John 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
Well written conclusion of 1 John 1:8.
John uses alternating verses to address, or juxtapose, those who walk in darkness against those who walk in light.
Paul used the same method of juxtaposition in Rom 8, Spirit, flesh, Spirit flesh, Spirit, flesh.

There is no such thing as Christian perfectionism, Romans 3:10.
You should have read verses 21 and 22 for the "good news"..."But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe:" (Rom 3:21-22)
That is Christian perfectionism in a nut shell.
Got faith?
As long as we are in these unredeemed Adamic bodies we will sin, Romans 8:23.
When was the last time your foot, lungs, or eye committed a sin?
Why give animate objects power they don't have?
It is the mind that runs the "show".
I was freed form the "Adamic" when I was crucified with Christ, from whence I was raised with Him to walk in newness of life.
A life gendered by God's seed, not Adam's.

1. But where did he say so? My point isn’t that he isn’t free from sin. My point is he focused on loving God and man not how great he was.
1. The point you are trying to make cannot be made, because even though as you say, the Son of God Jesus Christ focused on others, that has to begin with testimony about who He was, and what he came to do/to bring to man. ( there is no point in anyone focusing on anything of others, without giving the reason for your focus.)

You do not need to be satisfied with the testimonies for this in the Gospel, but they are there for the purpose they needed to be told for. ( so that we believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing we might have life through His name. John 20:31.)

Jesus testifies He is the bread of life, who feeds us with life. ( with righteousness, to never hunger and thirst, showing He has testified He is righteousness, WHICH HAS NOT SIN.)

John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Matthew 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

John speaks of the Word, in the beginning with God, (and the Word was God.) all things were made by Him ( by the Word Jesus Christ.) and in Him was life, and the life was the light of men. ( John testified again in 1 John, that God/Jesus Christ, is light, and in Him is no darkness at all. John tells also in 1 John 3:5-7 that Christ was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him is no sin. Also that whosoever abides in Christ sins not. Also that he that does righteousness, is righteous, even as He is righteous. Jesus had testified He is the bread of life, the RIGHTEOUSNESS men hunger and thirst for.)

Jesus speaks unto the multitude, that He is the light of the world, and he that walks after Him shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. ( they shall have Jesus Christ in them, which is the TRUE light, to lighten every man that comes into the world. ) As said in 1 John 3:5-7, this was Christ manifested to us, that they who follow Him have the light of life. ( in them, and they in Him, to sin not, as in Him is no sin.)

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

John 1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

1 John 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

1 John 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Jesus testifies He is that door of the sheep. Jesus makes the separation between Him and all others. All others before Him, ( the false prophet teachers) are thieves and robbers, the sheep did not hear them.

Jesus is the door to be saved, who gives pasture (who gives the Spirit of Christ, which is the Spirit of God. Romans 8:9.)

The thief comes to kill, (false teachers, giving words of death to follow after.) but Christ testifies He came to give life, to have it more abundantly. ( life more abundantly is eternal life, which is knowing the only TRUE God, who is Jesus Christ whom He sent. John 17:3.)

Jesus shows how the hireling, ( false prophet teachers that surrounded Israel.) flee from the sheep, they care not about the sheep. Jesus testifies He is the GOOD Shepherd, who knows His sheep and is known of them, and how He knows the father the same as the Father knows Him, and He lays His life down for the sheep. ( none is good but one, and that is GOD. Matthew 19:17. Mark 10:18. Luke 18:19.)

Jesus testified that the works He does of the Father , through them we might know and believe that He is in the Father, and the Father is in Him. ( that He/Jesus Christ, is the light of this world/the light of life, and in Him is no darkness at all/no sin.)

John 10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

John 10:13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

John 10:37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

2. Well he knew the Father because he obeyed him. Faith was and is only as real as one actually obeys.

3. Notice he KEEPS HIS SAYING, not merely believes. Jesus obeyed. That’s a word few like. Believing is cheaper.

21He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

4. He reveals Himself to those who obey Him, not those who say they believe.

5. “Faith without works (obedience) is dead”
2. Christ knows the Father, as God is light, Jesus Christ is the light of life.

3. We would have to know the saying of the Father, to know what saying Jesus is keeping.

The Son knows the Father, ( the Father knows the Son and the Son knows the Father the same, God is light/Jesus Christ is the light of life.)

John 12 continues, how to see the Son is to see the Father. ( John 8:12, Jesus testifies He is the light of the world, they see He is the light of the Father, by no longer walking in darkness by following Christ/Christ in them.) Jesus testifies, He is come a light into the world, for whosoever believes on Christ to not remain in darkness. ( The light Christ testifies He is, has no darkness/ sin, in Him.)

The Word ( which Jesus Christ is) judges us in the last day. ( we shall all stand before the judgement seat of CHRIST) This is the FATHER that sent the WORD, who gave the SON commandment what to say and what to speak, Jesus testifies He knows that the Fathers commandment is life everlasting, and that what He speaks, is even as the Father said unto Him, so He speaks. ( the SON, who is the WORD, can only speak as the Father says. Because eternal life is knowing the only TRUE GOD, and JESUS CHRIST, who He sent. JESUS CHRIST is the TRUE light as John 1:9 testifies.)

John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

John 12:45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.
46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Romans 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

4. Mathew 11:27, would require beginning at 11:25, to see who Jesus Christ reveals Himself to. At the same time as Jesus revealing Himself to the babes, we see He is hidden to the wise and prudent. ( the babes believe, and the wise and prudent "obey" Matthew 18:6.) Nobody can obey, unless they believe, and they believe if Christ has revealed Himself to them, but the wise and prudent do not accept we are to believe.

John 14:21, is combined with John 17:6-8. Of who is loved of the Father, of who the Son reveals Himself to. Christ testifies He has manifested the name of God ( Jesus Christ.) unto HIs disciples, who were the Fathers, and the Father gave them to the Son ( who was now on earth, testifying of Himself, so they will now believe and be saved.)

Now the believers know that all that the Father gave the Son are of God, for the words the Father gave to the Son were given to the disciples, and they received the words, to know surely that the Son of God came out from God, and have believed that the Father sent the Son. ( The Apostles testify, that they have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. 1 John 4:14.)

Matthew 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.
27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

John 17:6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.
7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.
8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

1 John 4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

5. Finally for us all, what is faith with works ? ( obedience/ dead without it.)

We just spoke about it.

Pay attention and see what is REVEALED, when the Son reveals the Father, as per Matthew 11:27.

The preaching of Jesus Christ is the revealation of the mystery, kept secret since the wporld began, but now is made manifest, ( as per John 14:21/ John 17:6-8.) by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God ( the Son knows that the commandment of the Father is life, as in the Son is life, and the life is the light of men.) made known to all nations for the obedience of FAITH. ( as shown yesterday, FAITH IS JESUS CHRIST.) this is GOD, the only wise, as there is glory through JESUS CHRIST FOR EVER AMEN. ( Jesus Christ is eternal life and is God who is life. John 17:3.)

Ephesians continues from Apostle Paul, of the mystery of Christ, which in other ages was not known unto the sons of men, but now was revealed unto HIs holy Apostles and Prophets by the Spirit. ( Of Jesus Christ.) for the Gentiles to be fellow heirs of the same body and to be partakers of Gods promise in Jesus Christ BY THE GIOSPEL. ( Apostle Paul by the Gospel of Christ, was made a minister according to the gift of grace of God given to Paul by the effectual working of Gods power. That is the Gospel given for us to believe in the power of God.)

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

Ephesians 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

1. You should have read verses 21 and 22 for the "good news"..."But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe:" (Rom 3:21-22)
That is Christian perfectionism in a nut shell.
Got faith?

2. When was the last time your foot, lungs, or eye committed a sin?
Why give animate objects power they don't have?
It is the mind that runs the "show".
I was freed form the "Adamic" when I was crucified with Christ, from whence I was raised with Him to walk in newness of life.
A life gendered by God's seed, not Adam's.
1. The summing up of the chapter would be from verses 27, until the end.

When it is testified there is none righteous, it is because there is none that understands, and there is none that seeks after God.

Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

Now we have the chance to know the righteousness of God, which is by faith, of Jesus Christ, which is unto and upon all them that believe.

It is told what faith is, it is the law of faith. ( the law of faith which makes a man justified, from being none righteous.)

One God who justifies all by faith, the circumcision by faith, and the uncircumcision by faith, which makes not the law void through faith, it establishes it. ( to be justified by the law of faith.)

Romans 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:
30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

2. This is the last time it was testified how the eyes of man are used to go doing evils, with which they have committed ( sins committed) in all their abominations.

That is why Christ testified, if their eye offends them, ( by committing sins, which they, who look on a woman with their eyes, to lust after her, have already committed adultery with her, in their HEART.) to pluck it out, and cast it away, so that their whole body should not perish and that whole body be cast into hell.

It is therefore not the mind that runs the show, but it is in actual fact the heart, out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies, they defile a man.

Ezekiel 6:9 And they that escape of you shall remember me among the nations whither they shall be carried captives, because I am broken with their whorish heart, which hath departed from me, and with their eyes, which go a whoring after their idols: and they shall lothe themselves for the evils which they have committed in all their abominations.

Matthew 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Matthew 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Matthew 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

Romans 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

So the creature is delivered from corruption ( sin and death) into the glorious liberty ( freedom from sin and death.) of the children of God.

The creation groans travailing, as the Apostles groaned, waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our bodies.

But now we are delivered from the law ( dead/corruption.) to serve in newness of Spirit.

Delivered from bondage of corruption.

God delivered His Son for us, to freely give us all things.

Gods divine power has given us ALL THINGS, that pertain unto life and godliness, through Christ, who called us to glory and virtue.

Romans 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Romans 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Romans 8:32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

2 Peter 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Love works no ill to our neighbour, so all are serious if we do not love. ( without love we will do any and all sins, we cast off the works of darkness, therefore all sins are works of DARKNESS, to then put on Christ, who is the armour of light/without sin.)

Love is one of the greatest things a Christian can give Gordon, because it can cover the multitude of sins we commit sir 1 Pet 4:8

Dorothy Mae asked, where Jesu speaks of Himself that He has no sin ?

We look first to what Jesus told the Pharisees, how in the scriptures they think they have eternal life, yet those same scriptures ( which the Pharisees did not believe in.) testified of Jesus.

Peter ( a witness of all Jesus did and spoke.) spoke about those scriptures of the prophets, and how the Spirit of Christ that was in them, TESTIFIED BEFOREHAND, the sufferings of Christ, AND the glory that should follow after.

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

1 Peter 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

Here is the book of Psalms and the book of Isaiah, all of Jesus Christ testifying what He is, and what He came to be.

Gods righteousness is declared, unto the people to be born ( those born of Jesus Christ.) that He ( Jesus Christ) has done this. ( if we know that Jesus Christ testified He is righteous, we know that every one that is born of Him, does righteousness.)

Psalm 22:31 They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

1 John 2:29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

The throne of God ( Jesus Christ) is for ever and ever, a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of His Kingdom.

(Jesus Christ) You have loved righteousness and hated iniquity ( Jesus Christ testifies He is righteousness/not sin.) therefore God, your God anoints you with the oil of gladness above your fellows. ( Christ anointed of the Spirit. Acts 10:38. The name above every name, who all bow to. Philippians 2:9-10.))

Psalm 45:6 Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.

Psalm 45:7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Jesus Christ is the sacrifice of righteousness. He judged the people with righteousness. ( His righteousness.)

Truth ( in Jesus Christ. John 1:14. 1:17.) sprang out of the earth, righteousness looked down from heaven, the Lord gave that which is good, ( one Lord, one faith, one baptism, all Jesus Christ.) righteousness went before Him, to set us in the way of HIs steps.

The Lord ( the Lord Jesus Christ) came, to judge the earth, to judge the world with HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS, and the people with HIS TRUTH.

Psalm 51:19 Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.

Psalm 72:2 He shall judge thy people with righteousness, and thy poor with judgment.

Psalm 85:11 Truth shall spring out of the earth; and righteousness shall look down from heaven.
12 Yea, the Lord shall give that which is good; and our land shall yield her increase.
13 Righteousness shall go before him; and shall set us in the way of his steps.

Psalm 96:13 Before the Lord: for he cometh, for he cometh to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth.

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

The Lord has made known HIs salvation, His righteousness He showed in the sight of the heathen. He came to judge the earth with righteousness, the people with HIs equity.

The gate of righteousness was opened, the gate of the Lord, into which the righteous shall enter, the Lord has become our salvation.

We enter in by the straight gate, which leads to life, few there are that find it.

Jesus confirms, He is the door ( the gate of the Lord, the gates of righteousness.) and if any man by Him enters in, they shall be saved. ( this is the gate of the Lord, which the righteous shall enter.)

John the baptist was the prophet of the highest, to prepare His ways ( of HIs righteousness.) the tender mercy of our God; the dayspring from on high visited us, to give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace. ( Jesus Christ/God, is light, and in Him there is no darkness at all/no sin.)

Jesus spoke with John the baptist, how it is for Christ with John, to FULFIL ALL RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Psalm 98:2 The Lord hath made known his salvation: his righteousness hath he openly shewed in the sight of the heathen.

Psalm 98:9 Before the Lord; for he cometh to judge the earth: with righteousness shall he judge the world, and the people with equity.

Psalm 118:19 Open to me the gates of righteousness: I will go into them, and I will praise the Lord:
20 This gate of the Lord, into which the righteous shall enter.
21 I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation.

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

John 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Luke 1:75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.
76 And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;
77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,
78 Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us,
79 To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

Matthew 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back