Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Can sinning be overcome?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
If we read the success, we read that the deceiving is done, by also them being deceived.

2 Timothy 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

Strong delusion sent, chosen out, to believe in a lie..

Isaiah 66:4 I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.

2 Thessalonians 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Again a great post sir, now is certainly the time to answer God's call. To recognize His people and go with them Zech 8:23

The only man who could claim the following was Jesus Christ .
I cannot claim it, & nobody here can claim it .

Jhn 14:30
... the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

Even being justified by His Blood, we are not like Him in our present state, & the prince of this world can always find something , anger, lust, envy jealousy. to exploit in us.

Everyone maam. That passage is clear and is an identifier.
Well, there are those who focus on the magnificent person scripture promises they are regardless of how they actually behave. It’s like they look into the mirror of scripture but forget it all when they walk into real life.

Even being justified by His Blood, we are not like Him in our present state, & the prince of this world can always find something , anger, lust, envy jealousy. to exploit in us.
Not sure of that. The breastplate of righteousness is the enemy not having anything in us.

You see, we can repent and be cleansed and free of that sin so that the enemy hasn’t anything in us.

But it takes the HS searching us and we responding in repentance.

True, all Christians practice righteousness, but make no mistake, many of the world do as well. Fruits identify gordon777 and not everyone who does righteousness is born of him sir, Jesus warns us to be on the look for false prophets. They mask their deception well. Remember those Jesus rejected who did many powerful works in his name? Mat 7:21-23
I don’t see that all christians practice righteousness. I don’t see that at all. Many focus solely on them being saved. Or like some here, how sinless they are regardless of how they behave.

All churches are cults maam.
No they aren’t. There are particulars definitions of cults and churches generally don’t fit.

Now some churches are clubs with membership requirements and dues and social activities and a board and membership drives (evangelism weeks.)

Not sure of that. The breastplate of righteousness is the enemy not having anything in us.

You see, we can repent and be cleansed and free of that sin so that the enemy hasn’t anything in us.

But it takes the HS searching us and we responding in repentance.
Jesus never had any sin to repent for , nothing .
Jesus was flesh completely void of the endemic nature.
Not so for me and you.
We have something that Jesus did not, the endemic nature.
We are up to our armpits in this endemic nature.
We have had & will have this endemic nature in us that Satan seeks, finds & exploits until the day that we shed this sinful flesh and we are like Him when we see Him face to face.

Never said any different. Did you read what I wrote?
No scripture says that.
Not so for me and you.
No scripture says that.
No scripture says that.
We have had & will have this endemic nature in us that Satan seeks, finds & exploits until the day that we shed this sinful flesh and we are like Him when we see Him face to face.
No scripture says that. The enemy has something in us only as we CHOOSE to sin. The prayers of an obedient flesh and blood descendant of Adam are very effective as compared to the prayers of those who do wrong and cherishing doing wrong. That’s what scripture says.

True, all Christians practice righteousness, but make no mistake, many of the world do as well. Fruits identify gordon777 and not everyone who does righteousness is born of him sir, Jesus warns us to be on the look for false prophets. They mask their deception well. Remember those Jesus rejected who did many powerful works in his name? Mat 7:21-23
No Christians do righteousness, nor those of the world, if they also do unrighteousness.

Fruits do more than identify, because men do not gather thorns of figs. When people tell truth or lie, it is easily evident.

The evidence is they are without fruit.

Neither can they acknowledge the truth, they can only deny it.

Everybody is known by the abundance of their heart.

Matthew 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Matthew 12:35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

Luke 6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

Jude 1:12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

Wonderful works are not works of righteousness, and yes, everybody who is able to do righteousness is born of Him, as testified.

For you guys in the thread, there is little point of trying to disagree with scripture testimony, unless you want to be identified over and over as doing so.

We are to be angry, and sin not: Ephesians 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

We are to desire ( lust) for spiritual gifts: 1 Corinthians 14:1 Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.

We are to be jealous for the name of God, the same as God is a jealous God for for Holy name:

Exodus 34:14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

1 Kings 19:10 And he said, I have been very jealous for the Lord God of hosts: for the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.

As for envy, we are envious at the foolish when we see the prosperity of the wicked.

Psalm 73:3 For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.

They are corrupt and speak wickedly they speak loftily, they set their mouth ( texting) against the heavens, and they say how does God know ? and is there knowledge in the Most High ?

These ungodly prosper in the world, when others are plagued all the day long ( to not sin and for the devil to find no way to exploit, when we are chastened of God every morning.)

When we think to know this, it is too painful( you might have envy at them) until God lets you know, there is no need for envy, because God shows their end, they are set in slippery places, ( by speaking against God) they are cast down to destruction, they are brought into desolation as in a moment, they will be utterly consumed with terrors.

Psalm 73:8 They are corrupt, and speak wickedly concerning oppression: they speak loftily.
9 They set their mouth against the heavens, and their tongue walketh through the earth.
10 Therefore his people return hither: and waters of a full cup are wrung out to them.
11 And they say, How doth God know? and is there knowledge in the most High?
12 Behold, these are the ungodly, who prosper in the world; they increase in riches.
13 Verily I have cleansed my heart in vain, and washed my hands in innocency.
14 For all the day long have I been plagued, and chastened every morning.
15 If I say, I will speak thus; behold, I should offend against the generation of thy children.
16 When I thought to know this, it was too painful for me;
17 Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end.
18 Surely thou didst set them in slippery places: thou castedst them down into destruction.
19 How are they brought into desolation, as in a moment! they are utterly consumed with terrors.

Either you do not understand what the "endemic nature" is, not to mention a boatload of scripture, or we are light years apart concerning what we believe the nature of this Jesus to be.
Maybe you miss the testimony of Apostle Paul, who cant be example to us unless it is as good as Christ ( requires honesty and sense to understand)

How can Apostle Paul testify for u to be followers of Him, as He is the follower of Christ, unless it is in the same example, otherwise he would have to only tell us to be followers of Christ.

1 Corinthians 4:11 Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;
12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:
13 Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.
14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.
15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

1 Corinthians 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

Not so for me and you.
Yes Jesus was completely void of sinful nature.

That is why we are baptized with the same baptism that He was baptized with, to join with Him.

Christ did not need to repent, He needed to die for us, to die with Him, ( be buried with Him in the same baptism)and we do not need to die for Him, He died for us, so that we be dead with Him to sin.

Mark 10:39 And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized:

Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

I believe sin can be overcomed but no human is willing to go to that level of sacrifice, Holy Spirit endowing, and walk of holiness to hold the line of perfection as Jesus did. Adam and Eve didn't have a flesh that hated what God wants pre-Fall, and they couldn't. But even when we want to do right we still fall that's why us as humans are hopeless without Jesus, God, the Spirit.

We are to be angry, and sin not: Ephesians 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
We should never sin.
And as His children the longer we live the less it should happen.
Do to our fallen endemic nature however makes it possible for us to sin as easily as saying "we sin not"
Making it impossible for either me or you to make the claim that only Jesus could make:

1Jo 1:10
If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

I believe sin can be overcomed but no human is willing to go to that level of sacrifice,
That is, fortunately, untrue.
Holy Spirit endowing, and walk of holiness to hold the line of perfection as Jesus did. Adam and Eve didn't have a flesh that hated what God wants pre-Fall, and they couldn't. But even when we want to do right we still fall that's why us as humans are hopeless without Jesus, God, the Spirit.

We should never sin.
And as His children the longer we live the less it should happen.
Do to our fallen endemic nature however makes it possible for us to sin as easily as saying "we sin not"
Making it impossible for either me or you to make the claim that only Jesus could make:

1Jo 1:10
If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
I'm sure glad I got a new nature after the old one was destroyed. (Rom 6:6, Gal 5:24, 2 Cor 5:17)

I'm sure glad I got a new nature after the old one was destroyed. (Rom 6:6, Gal 5:24, 2 Cor 5:17)
Your old nature is still with you as well & it still sins .
You don't believe it is your new nature that, lies, lusts, covets, etc,etc, do you ?

Paul was much less confused than yourself concerning cohabitating two natures we all have.
Rom 7:25
So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back