Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Can sinning be overcome?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
So is your position that if scripture says we OUGHT to behave a certain way we automatically do do? If scripture says “do not commit adultery” no christians ever do? Why are there rules here if all christians are automatically tolerate?

Sir, you do realize that you are having to determine if one is a Christian by how they behave, right? Are you prepared to tell those who are intolerant here (they aren’t few) that they aren’t real believers?

Do you see the problem? You can’t get from an “ought to be so” to “it therefore is so.”

How many times before you decide they aren’t one? How many times being in fact intolerant does one conclude they aren’t one?

And if they don’t today? Then what?
Jesus stated very clearly that his followers can be identified by their fruits, I do not disagree maam. If someone commits one serious sin, they technically are rejected by God, however we do have Jesus' sacrifice to cover over transgressions, and God's forgiveness based on sincere repentance. Anyone who practices serious sins has no redemption according to the Bible Dorothy Mae as they would not be sincerely repentant. Heb 10:26

We cant continue to come short of the glory of God, and be glorified at the same time. That is when we do not come short any more. Romans 8:30.)

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Here is what that Ransom of Christ brought for us. ( read them they are specific.)

John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

John 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

John 17:24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world. (
Ephesians 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. Ephesians 1:3. 1:20.)

Romans 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Romans 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

2 Corinthians 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

2 Corinthians 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Philippians 1:11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

1 Thessalonians 2:12 That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.

2 Thessalonians 2:14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

Hebrews 2:10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

1 Peter 4:14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

1 Peter 5:10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

2 Peter 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
Although Christians sin every day, not one of us can commit a serious sin ignorantly, those are choice. We do have control over those gordon777

A witness for the guys in this thread.

All scripture of born again is sin not again.

Very simple for you, and that is because it is also testified for the sins that are past. ( for Jesus to be forgiveness for our sins that are past, to justifier those who believe in Jesus/believing He is just, declaring His righteousness.)

Romans 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

1 John 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

This thread is in debate, dispute, and has had strife, no answers are found that way, if anyone is interested, I started a new thread just now, which has no need for debate, strife, contentions, and dispute, and it answers all the same questions that were made in this by now, tired thread.

What I really find disturbing for your sake is why when you sin you would want to refuse to turn to Him in confession?

When I do sin the conviction of it immediately compels me to confess it to Him and repent of it above anything else that is happening.
Nothing in this world is more important to me at that moment than turning to Him in confession and feeling the elevation of forgiveness & cleansing in Him return to my soul.
1Jo 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
I find it is better just to not sin.
That is a great accomplishment , no person out of the hundreds on this forum has ever claimed they no longer sin.
Of course if you said you stopped sinning a week ago that would be much less impressive than if you said it was two years ago.
How long has it been ?

Jesus stated very clearly that his followers can be identified by their fruits, I do not disagree maam. If someone commits one serious sin, they technically are rejected by God, however we do have Jesus' sacrifice to cover over transgressions, and God's forgiveness based on sincere repentance. Anyone who practices serious sins has no redemption according to the Bible Dorothy Mae as they would not be sincerely repentant. Heb 10:26
I see it similar but I do not see God rejecting someone because they have done a sin. I do not see that in scripture either. There is conviction by the Holy Spirit to turn the offender away from sin which indicates not being rejected. In fact it says the discipline of the Lord is not pleasant but he disciplines those who loves. So I do not see this rejection in Scripture. And yes, I agree, forgiveness is based on sincere repentance and of course, Jesus' blood.

And yes, those who continue in serious sins has no redemption or lost what he had. It is harder for those to repent after a time.

But sin is not without a price. A main one is lack of intimacy with God. Those who practice sin cannot come close to God. Without holiness shall no man come close to God. Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God. There is no way around that one. One might be saved but one does not understand and know God.

That is a great accomplishment , no person out of the hundreds on this forum has ever claimed they no longer sin.
Of course if you said you stopped sinning a week ago that would be much less impressive than if you said it was two years ago.
How long has it been ?
CL, you will find that those who claim they are sinless use certain Scripture that promise that and ignore how they actually act in real life. How they really behave is irrelevant to this theology. They believe scripture promises them that they are sinless and that is then settled. They think it only matters what they think they are not what they actually are.

Though individual sins can be overcome, it is still something we all will fall into until the Parousia when we are glorified and become fully like Him. If a human could stop all sin forever there would be no need for the Cross, Before the infilling sin IS the life. All we do is as a lord of our own life, Sin is the norm and non-sin is the exception, and then after the infilling non-sin eventually becomes the norm and sin the exception. We are all (hopefully) being conformed into His image,
It is because of the cross that we CAN quit sinning.
By being baptized into the death and burial of the Lord, we can destroy the old Adamic man and be raised with Christ to walk in newness of life. (Rom 6:4-6)
Reborn of God's seed that cannot bring forth liars, adulterers, or thieves. (1 John 3:9)
As Jesus said in John 8:32-34, the truth can free us from committing sin.

How long has it been ?
Since Nov 1, 2008...to the glory of God.
God's seed cannot bear adulterers, thieves, or murderers.

Whose seed are you born of?
Want a change?
Want to be really consecrated?

CL, you will find that those who claim they are sinless use certain Scripture that promise that and ignore how they actually act in real life. How they really behave is irrelevant to this theology. They believe scripture promises them that they are sinless and that is then settled. They think it only matters what they think they are not what they actually are.
As nobody can tell how any of us on this site act, it may be wise to heed the scriptures saying how to kill the old man and be reborn of God's seed.

I see it similar but I do not see God rejecting someone because they have done a sin. I do not see that in scripture either. There is conviction by the Holy Spirit to turn the offender away from sin which indicates not being rejected. In fact it says the discipline of the Lord is not pleasant but he disciplines those who loves. So I do not see this rejection in Scripture. And yes, I agree, forgiveness is based on sincere repentance and of course, Jesus' blood.

And yes, those who continue in serious sins has no redemption or lost what he had. It is harder for those to repent after a time.

But sin is not without a price. A main one is lack of intimacy with God. Those who practice sin cannot come close to God. Without holiness shall no man come close to God. Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God. There is no way around that one. One might be saved but one does not understand and know God.
I do not see God rejecting someone because they have done a sin.
Forgiveness is based on repentance maam. All sin, but many are forgiven.

As long as we are in Christ, we are not in Adam.

1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

1 Corinthians 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.
That's a nice thought but it is not true. Spiritually we are in Christ.

Physically we are still in Adam. As long as we are in these unredeemed Adamic bodies we will sin, Romans 8:23.

How long has it been ?
Since Nov 1, 2008...to the glory of God.
God's seed cannot bear adulterers, thieves, or murderer
That is impressive.
Does this extended period of sinlessness earn you special status with Christ, above the hundreds of others on this forum who cannot claim any such protracted period of goodness ?

I have never heard a person who could claim such a period of sinlessness.
Is there any public person who has claimed to be of God's seed that you can name as making such a claim of extended sinlessness , DL Moody , Billy Graham, Apostle Paul, John Newton, fanny Crosby, etc,etc,etc,?
Anyone ?

That is impressive.
Does this extended period of sinlessness earn you special status with Christ, above the hundreds of others on this forum who cannot claim any such protracted period of goodness ?

Is there any public person who has claimed to be of God's seed that you can name as making such a claim of extended sinlessness , DL Moody , Billy Graham, Apostle Paul, John Newton, fanny Crosby, etc,etc,etc,?
Anyone ?
What most do not understand is that the law is spiritual, Matthew 5:28. It searches the desires and the intent of the heart, Hebrews 4:12. To keep the spiritual law all of your thoughts would have to be without sin.

What most do not understand is that the law is spiritual, Matthew 5:28. It searches the desires and the intent of the heart, Hebrews 4:12. To keep the spiritual law all of your thoughts would have to be without sin.
Are you claiming to have a better goodness record than Hopeful's 14 year run, and counting , of a sinless thought life ?

Are you claiming to have a better goodness record than Hopeful's 14 year run, and counting , of a sinless thought life ?
Not possible to have a sinless thought life.

The best thing to do is to accept the fact that you are a sinner. Christians are called to live their lives before God as sinners, saved sinners. You might fool others, but you not going to fool the Lord. The Pharisees thought that they were without sin. Jesus called them hypocrites seven times in the 23rd chapter of Matthew. Professing that you have overcome sin is the same as professing that you are a hypocrite.

The best thing to do is to accept the fact that you are a sinner. Christians are called to live their lives before God as sinners, saved sinners. You might fool others, but you not going to fool the Lord.
Do you think Hopeful is aware of this , or could he be fooling himself ?
Maybe he really believes he has cracked God's code.
On the other hand he may say in his next post that he has cracked the code, and that if we will send money he will tell us the secret .
Who knows where such a fantastic claim could end up ?

That is impressive.
Only because God is impressive.
He made it possible.
Nope, as I am only doing what is commanded.
You have now, so are you interested in obeying God too, or not?
Anyone ?
Just those in the body that I am familiar with.
Don't you think that if God was ever satisfied with the OT's sin-repent, sin-repent, sin-repent cycle of ungodliness that He would have just allowed it to continue, (as the false NT churches do)?
Instead, He sent His Son to free us from sin. (John 8:32-34)
Baptism into Jesus' death precedes our rebirth from God's seed. (Rom 6:3-4)
A true repentance from sin will preclude more sin.
Any other type of repentance is of the world and will result in destruction. (2 Cor 7:10)

What is your definition of "consecrated"?

Doesn't it naturally follow that rebirth from God's seed would facilitate that?

The best thing to do is to accept the fact that you are a sinner. Christians are called to live their lives before God as sinners, saved sinners. You might fool others, but you not going to fool the Lord. The Pharisees thought that they were without sin. Jesus called them hypocrites seven times in the 23rd chapter of Matthew. Professing that you have overcome sin is the same as professing that you are a hypocrite.
So repentance from sin is unnecessary in your religion?
Just let the sins keep coming as they prove you are not a hypocrite?
That would make me laugh if it weren't so sad.

This contradicts 1 John 1:8 If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Well, Paul was best Christian I ever heard of and he said he could do it. Do you think he had little faith? Gee, he went to the 3rd heaven and did miracles and still couldn't stop sinning. 5 For I do not understand my own actions [I am baffled and bewildered by them]. I do not practice what I want to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate [and yielding to my human nature, my worldliness—my sinful capacity]. 16 Now if I habitually do what I do not want to do, [that means] I agree with the Law, confessing that it is good (morally excellent).

Well, when you get to heaven you can tell Paul your secret.

Yes, I can stop for 5 minutes too.
Taking Romans 7 out of context is eisegesis. Paul was referring to his struggle with sin before he was saved.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back