Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Can sinning be overcome?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
It is written..."Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth." (Mark 9L23)
Are you an unbeliever?
I believe you a sinner because you have done before my eyes , full of pride in your boasting of sinlessness.
A believer would not be so easily deceived by the father of pride to commit the sin of pride.

1Jo 2:16
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

I believe you a sinner because you have done before my eyes , full of pride in your boasting of sinlessness.
A believer would not be so easily deceived by the father of pride to commit the sin of pride.

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
Scripture tells him that he is kind and merciful and forgiving and generous and faithful no matter how he behaves. You won’t convince he that he is not.

Or maybe he doesn’t have to be any of those things at any time. Maybe he’s sinless without any fruits of the Spirit.

Last edited:
God didn’t reject him even though He knew. That’s where you’re mistaken. God isn’t less patient than we are. You need to provide a scripture that says a sinner is “dead to God.” God spoke to Adam, Cain, David, Peter and so on after they’d sinned which makes no sense if God considers them dead. It’s you assuming you know God’s attitude that is questionable.

Your understanding has no examples in history but the opposite is described. He is actually slow to anger, not quick.

Where did you get the idea God instantly considers the sinner dead?
Simply opinion maam, the Bible does not clearly say, but we come to know God through His word primarily. Once a man was offered the best offer possible to man, to actually accompany Jesus, but chose not to follow him at that time. Jesus replied let the dead bury their dead. The man was not physically dead maam, but to God he was spiritually dead.

Although you disagree, Adam will not be forgiven, he did not have inherited sin, thus sinned against the holy spirit, and will not be resurrected. Of course once again the Bible does not say that, so that is simply an opinion, but likely you realize that if Jesus sinned once, we would not be ransomed. Jesus death only ransomed those who had the inherited sin of Adam Rom 5:12

Simply opinion maam, the Bible does not clearly say, but we come to know God through His word primarily.

The Bible does say that He is long suffering and slow to get angry.

Now we can learn ABOUT God through His word but same as a book about Paul Washer can tell you a lot, it doesn’t mean you know him. You do not come to know and understand God simply by reading the book.
Once a man was offered the best offer possible to man, to actually accompany Jesus, but chose not to follow him at that time. Jesus replied let the dead bury their dead. The man was not physically dead maam, but to God he was spiritually dead.
Jesus said the others, who are spiritually dead should bury the man but he ought to follow Jesus. Paul described some as dead in sind formally. Indicates once dead in sin is not dead to God or it wouldn’t be “formally.”

That’s just your opinion, sir.
Although you disagree, Adam will not be forgiven, he did not have inherited sin, thus sinned against the holy spirit, and will not be resurrected.
I do disagree and you haven’t a shred of evidence for this. God still loved Adam and talked to him as a father.
Of course once again the Bible does not say that, so that is simply an opinion, but likely you realize that if Jesus sinned once, we would not be ransomed. Jesus death only ransomed those who had the inherited sin of Adam Rom 5:12
No one has inherited the sin of Adam and that verse doesn’t that.

10For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life. 11More than that, we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.

12Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all mene because all sinned—

Notice ..”because all men sinned” not “because Adam sinned.”

Can sinning be overcome in this life with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Some Preachers and even theologian do not believe that all sinning can be overcome in this life either with or without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Only certain sins can be overcome, thus they leave a 'gap' where sin can continue in our lives.

But people take this to mean that they can keep sinning as there is nothing they can do, or that these 'sins' are not really "hard sins" or "iniquity", but just part of being in a sinful world. Is that correct according to scripture?

Here are some texts on how we choose to heed the desires of our flesh, and for whatever reason, set aside the conviction of the Holy Spirit. "The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak" Mark 14:38.

James 1:14-15 "But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death."

Galatians 5:17 "For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish."
I believe we can overcome all sins and that is one of the main purposes the Holy Spirit is sent to us for; to enable/empower us to obey God's Commandments as the breaking of them is the Biblical definition of sin.
1 John 3:4

I believe it is all about the struggle though and it is on us to make the decision at a heart level to commit ourselves to walking with Christ in sinlessness. James 3:2 provides the answer to those who happen to occasionally stumble in their efforts, but nobody stumbles, or slips, who is not already striving to walk upright.

I believe Salvation is a process and Paul even comments on being uncertain of having attained to the resurrection; indicating that it is an ongoing process of endurance and perseverance. Just as the Bible tells us it is.

Does it really matter what I am if the message is correct?
Love God with all your strength, soul, and heart.
Love your neighbor as you love yourself.
That is how the Christian is to live.
Sinning can be overcome.

Scripture tells him that he is kind and merciful and forgiving and generous and faithful no matter how he behaves. You won’t convince he that he is not.

Or maybe he doesn’t have to be any of those things at any time. Maybe he’s sinless without any fruits of the Spirit.
When you resist temptation, you exhibit the fruit of the Spirit.
I recommend it.

Does it really matter what I am if the message is correct?
Love God with all your strength, soul, and heart.
Love your neighbor as you love yourself.
That is how the Christian is to live.
Sinning can be overcome.
God dispensing His loving mercy upon his children as they repent for any sin they may commit is God's method for overcoming sin .
If you have not done so already ,
the glad tidings of God's mercy overcoming your most recent transgression of pride in the flesh awaits your sincere repentance to Him.
God Bless You In Your Repentance

Luk 18:38
And he cried, saying, Jesus, thou Son of David, have mercy on me.

God dispensing His loving mercy upon his children as they repent for any sin they may commit is God's method for overcoming sin .
If you have not done so already ,
God's method for overcoming sin was to allow us to join with Jesus in His death and burial, so we could be raised with Christ as new creatures not subject to he "flesh".
the glad tidings of God's mercy overcoming your most recent transgression of pride in the flesh awaits your sincere repentance to Him.
God Bless You In Your Repentance

Luk 18:38
And he cried, saying, Jesus, thou Son of David, have mercy on me.
My "flesh" was killed in 2008.
I am a new creature now, to the glory of God and the name of Jesus Christ.
A new creature that walks in and after the Spirit instead of in and after the "flesh".

Of course He’s patient. The Bible “He is slow to anger.” That’s patience. Jesus was patient and he is like God.
Yes maam, a very reflection of his Father. What he did would have been what God did if He had chosen to come personally.

Although I am one of their disciples, I must admit that most of the time I fall way short on patience.

God's method for overcoming sin was to allow us to join with Jesus in His death and burial, so we could be raised with Christ as new creatures not subject to he "flesh".

My "flesh" was killed in 2008.
I am a new creature now, to the glory of God and the name of Jesus Christ.
A new creature that walks in and after the Spirit instead of in and after the "flesh".
Your most recent sin of boastful pride was unmistakably pride of the carnal things desirous to be seen by men.
Your own boastful words manifest the source & direction of your carnal thoughts to all .
Why would you resist voicing anew your repentance to the Father for your most recent sin that you cannot hide from Him and receive deliverance from the barrier to the full joyful communion with the Father that is your birthright that your recent unrepentant sin of pride has circumscribed you from having?

Yes maam, a very reflection of his Father. What he did would have been what God did if He had chosen to come personally.

Although I am one of their disciples, I must admit that most of the time I fall way short on patience.
Don’t we all!! But God doesn’t and he doesn’t consider one who committed a sin immediately dead.

Your most recent sin of boastful pride was unmistakably pride of the carnal things desirous to be seen by men.
Your own boastful words manifest the source & direction of your carnal thoughts to all .
Why would you resist voicing anew your repentance to the Father for your most recent sin that you cannot hide from Him and receive deliverance from the barrier to the full joyful communion with the Father that is your birthright that your recent unrepentant sin of pride has circumscribed you from having?
My glorification of God is not boasting.
It is factual history.
Why do I need to turn away from glorifying God or stating truth?
What can you add that would glorify God?

If your POV were correct, and my repentance would allow "my deliverance from the barrier to the full joyful communion with the Father that is my birthright", wouldn't you just again say I was boasting if I made it known?

If living in obedience to God is so distasteful to you, perhaps it would be a good idea to just ignore my posts.

My glorification of God is not boasting.
Boastful Pride in yourself to be seen of men and not God is sin .
The value you place in flesh rather than spirit made manifest by the sinful pride in yourself that you gave voice to
You fool no one but yourself of your sin done in black type on white background .
Repent to God for your most recent manifest sin and receive deliverance from the barrier to the full joyful communion with the Father that is your birthright that your sin of pride has circumscribed you from having?

Boastful Pride in yourself to be seen of men and not God is sin .
I can't have pride in something only God can do.
The value you place in flesh rather than spirit made manifest by the sinful pride in yourself that you gave voice to
My "flesh" has no value.
You fool no one but yourself of your sin done in black type on white background .
If you consider glorifying God a sin, I must wonder about the source of your information.
Repent to God for your most recent manifest sin and receive deliverance from the barrier to the full joyful communion with the Father that is your birthright that your sin of pride has circumscribed you from having?
If I repent, I will be exactly the man you criticize.
An obedient, sin-free man, who walks after the Spirit instead of after the "flesh".
Then we can start all over again !!!

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back