Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Bible Study Do we love the truth!

God says it does ez 36:25-27
Jesus says it does Mk 16:16 Matt 28:19 Jn 3:5
Apostles say it does acts 2:38 acts 8:36-38 1 pet 3:20-21
Scripture says it does acts 22:16

You say no!

Who am I gonna believe? That’s a tough one!
Well, your misunderstanding of the Bible's teaching on Baptism is certainly consistent with you quoting a demon posessed girl and referencing two other Scriptures that had nothing wharsoever to do with a point you thought they were supporting. You still have not explained how you determined that those three verses were pertinant to your point. Here is the post where I first asked the question. Is there a reason you won't answer the question?

Not one time but eternal sacrifice of Christ
12 Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption. (Heb 9:12)​

11 And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God, 13 from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool. 14 For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified. (Heb 10:11–14)​

A one-time sacrifice but eternal redemption.

No, water does not have the power to do that.
The nicene creed is required to believe yo be in this fourm

Includes

We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic church. We affirm one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.

Baptism washed away all past sins
How are present and future sins forgiven!
Well, I guess if a person looks to baptism for forgiveness, it would make sense that they would not know how the sins they commit after baptism are forgiven. But I have a feeling you want to make the point that participating in other sacraments on a regular basis (confession, lords supper) keeps a person's forgiveness up-to-date.

It is actually disturbing, if you think about it, requiring people to go to a church and participate regularly in its rituals in order to receive God's forgiveness piecemeal, telling them they risk being condemned if they don't do it regularly, and never mentioning one time that they do not need the church at all, but that Jesus stands ready to forgive them of all their sins and that they can go to Him directly to receive eternal redemption based on His one-time sacrifice for all their sins.
How many are the to obtain mercy and forgiveness?
I can't make sense of this question.

The nicene creed is required to believe yo be in this fourm

Includes

We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic church. We affirm one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
I don't believe in your interpretation of Scripture, much less your interpretation of the Nicene Creed. I don't believe in the institution of the Catholic Church, though I do think there is a universal church made up of all true believers. And I do not believe baptism results in the forgiveness of sins. I believe baptism is performed after a person accepts the forgiveness Jesus offers.

If it is a requirement that I conform to your interpretation of the Creed to be be on this forum, then report me. If they kick me off, then so be it. I would never have joined if this were the case.

By following what Christ taught us and then acting on what He taught us. Every day we are blessed to be on this earth.
Gal 3:27 baptism!

Born again or baptismal regeneration Jn 3:5

Thks

Christ is God. We are not. I do not believe Christ is referring to minors. I believe He is referring to us. We are God's "children" are we not?
And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them matt 18:1

Acts 2:39 this promise (oath or sacrament) (from ez 36:25/27) is to you AND AND AND your children

Acts 16:15 entire household baptized! Does not say adults only or except infants!

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. (It does not say except infants!) (but it does say “all”)!

Thks

It does appear that he understood that the first birth was phyiscal and the second birth was spiritual. It's too bad he conflated the two and gave water baptism a role in what is singularly the act of God... giving birth to people from out of His Spirit.
Then what happens yo infants who die without baptism?

That doesn't clarify that your position is different than, "obedience, not forgiveness, is the path to rightness with God", it supports it.

My main point is:

Jesus Christ is the truth.

Every word that proceeds out of His mouth is the truth.

If you want to make a point, please use scripture.

All you have is scripture references, but no actual scripture.

Example of a scripture -

Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— Hebrews 8:8

The word "sacraments" is not found in this scripture you referred to by your reference.

JLB
Where is the word “trinity”?

Oath = Sacrament or a sacred promise from God

Well, your misunderstanding of the Bible's teaching on Baptism is certainly consistent with you quoting a demon posessed girl and referencing two other Scriptures that had nothing wharsoever to do with a point you thought they were supporting. You still have not explained how you determined that those three verses were pertinant to your point. Here is the post where I first asked the question. Is there a reason you won't answer the question?
What is the seal of the spirit?

12 Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption. (Heb 9:12)​

11 And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God, 13 from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool. 14 For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified. (Heb 10:11–14)​

A one-time sacrifice but eternal redemption.
Once for all = eternal
Once bloody on the cross but forever unbloody

Heb 7:17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

The nature and duty of a priest is to offer sacrifice!

Eternal priest
Eternal sacrifice

Well, I guess if a person looks to baptism for forgiveness, it would make sense that they would not know how the sins they commit after baptism are forgiven. But I have a feeling you want to make the point that participating in other sacraments on a regular basis (confession, lords supper) keeps a person's forgiveness up-to-date.

It is actually disturbing, if you think about it, requiring people to go to a church and participate regularly in its rituals in order to receive God's forgiveness piecemeal, telling them they risk being condemned if they don't do it regularly, and never mentioning one time that they do not need the church at all, but that Jesus stands ready to forgive them of all their sins and that they can go to Him directly to receive eternal redemption based on His one-time sacrifice for all their sins.

I can't make sense of this question.
Explain Jn 29:21-23

And
1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Implies we confess often

I don't believe in your interpretation of Scripture, much less your interpretation of the Nicene Creed. I don't believe in the institution of the Catholic Church, though I do think there is a universal church made up of all true believers. And I do not believe baptism results in the forgiveness of sins. I believe baptism is performed after a person accepts the forgiveness Jesus offers.

If it is a requirement that I conform to your interpretation of the Creed to be be on this forum, then report me. If they kick me off, then so be it. I would never have joined if this were the case.
Who says that we get to decide these things

Where does scripture say we have authority to decide doctrine on our own?

Christians must be taught or instructed, according to the sense which the perpetual consent of the Catholic Church hath held and expressed, as commanded by Christ! Matt 28:19-20 acts 1:2

Jesus Christ founded the new covenant church to teach and sanctify (baptize) all men unto eternal salvation! (Matt 28:19)

The Holy Spirit leads the apostles into all truth (Jn 16:13) they must teach us! (Matt 28:19)

Lk 1:4
Matt 5:14
Matt 6:33
Matt 28:19
Lk 10:16
Jn 20:21
Acts 16:17
Acts 8:31
Titus 1:9
Titus 2:12
Phil 4:9
Colossians 2:7
Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught…

No Christian has the authority to read scripture for yourself and decide your own doctrines or beliefs! “One faith” Eph 4:5 Thee faith once handed to the saints” Jude 1:3

Those who submit to the apostolic church know the truth! Those who reject The apostolic church are in error!

1 John 4:6
We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Members of the communion of saints must submit to the teaching of the apostles: “the light (truth) of the world” and the pillar of truth! Matt 5:14 1 Tim 3:15

My main point is:

Jesus Christ is the truth.

Every word that proceeds out of His mouth is the truth.
Really? Thats tradition!

Every word the apostles heard from christ and taught to the nations!

Sacred Tradition!

Really? Thats tradition!

Every word the apostles heard from christ and taught to the nations!

Sacred Tradition!

Please show me where the Apostles in scripture ever used the term "sacrament of baptism".

JLB

Then what happens yo infants who die without baptism?
The same thing that happens to an infant who died after being baptized. David seemed to be saying he believed he and Bathsheba would see in heaven their infant child who who had died. But I do not know the fate of people who die before they are able to believe in or reject Christ. God knows, but I don't.

Back