Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Explain Galatians 2:15-21

Well I do not need to read anything other than the scriptures!
!
I'm sorry you didn't take the time to read and ponder on it. In a nutshell, it just shows based on scripture that Paul was Torah observant throughout his ministry and never strayed from the traditions of his "forefathers" that agree with the Way,

Acts 24:14 "But this I admit to you, that according to the Way which they call a sect I do serve the God of our fathers, believing everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets"
Acts 25:7-8 "After Paul arrived, the Jews who had come down from Jerusalem stood around him, bringing many and serious charges against him which they could not prove, 8 while Paul said in his own defense, “I have committed no offense either against the Law of the Jews or against the temple or against Caesar."
Acts 21: 23-24 "Therefore do this that we tell you. We have four men who are under a vow; 24 take them and purify yourself along with them, and pay their expenses so that they may shave their heads; and all will know that there is nothing to the things which they have been told about you, but that you yourself also walk orderly, keeping the Law"

Are any of us an authority without fault? Might I suggest that we consider toning down some of the arrogance of our posts please?

Good advice, I think I have commented nearly enough, but I must say one more thing.

I did not have it written!

All men will be judged By Pauls gospel, if any preach another gospel EVEN AN ANGEL FROM HEAVEN? they are cursed!

Now either Paul was trying to make all men SUBMIT to his doctrine or he was lying?
i believe he was Gods chosen vessel, and all men must heed his words! All doctrine that does not submit to his gospel? is false doctrine and is cursed by God.

Now that is the scriptures, if it seems unkind or too harsh for some? take it up with God! I am just reporting what the scriptures say! sorry if it dont tickle somebodys "itching ears"

As far as all men being judged by Paul's gospel, I see this differently and respectfully submit...

Mat 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Good advice, I think I have commented nearly enough, but I must say one more thing.

As far as all men being judged by Paul's gospel, I see this differently and respectfully submit...

Mat 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Well thank you for your respectful tone!
I had to wrestle with that for many years, How can Paul make this claim above all others? His letters are clearly the Word of God! Had his words not been true and to be submitted to, then The Holy Spirit would not have had them written. Only when one understands His gospel does the whole bible, Old and New testament become true for a believer.
when one understands his gospel? there is no conflict at all in any scripture! The conflict some find is always in the natural mind of man, trying to understand spiritual things!

Now I respectfully say that God backs up Pauls Words! All men will be judged by his gospel and any other gospel is a false gospel. So then I reject all doctrines that do not agree with Pauls Epistles! You may answer to God for your own free-will, I stand with Christ and His Apostle Paul!

I did not have it written!

All men will be judged By Pauls gospel, if any preach another gospel EVEN AN ANGEL FROM HEAVEN? they are cursed!

Now either Paul was trying to make all men SUBMIT to his doctrine or he was lying?
i believe he was Gods chosen vessel, and all men must heed his words! All doctrine that does not submit to his gospel? is false doctrine and is cursed by God.

Now that is the scriptures, if it seems unkind or too harsh for some? take it up with God! I am just reporting what the scriptures say! sorry if it dont tickle somebodys "itching ears"

I can not understand why you can not equate the ten commandments and those moral laws I listed as being yet those laws/commandments which have not yet been fulfilled as you believe heaven and earth has passed away and Jesus has returned for this is what you are saying if you truly go back and read your own post. Not every jot or tittle are fulfilled yet until Christ returns. The only ones that Jesus has fulfilled is that of the Temple and sacrifices as we are now the Temple of God with Christ being our sacrifice for sin. Do you still follow the ten commandments or do you think they are also fulfilled and we do not have to follow them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been thinking about this debate since last night and I have thought of a question for everyone here. Let`s go back to the Garden of Eden with the two trees, the tree of life and the tree of knowledge of good and bad.

IF Adam and Eve had not chosen the tree of knowledge and had rather begun to eat of the tree of life after eating from the good tree could they have then also taken from the tree of knowledge later, I don`t believe so.

Now let`s say the tree of life is the symbol for faith in Jesus Christ and the tree of knowledge is the commandments.

Both trees are part of the whole equation, just abstaining from the tree of knowledge thus obeying the Commandment of God does not alone give life, added to this obedience to have life would ALSO require the eating from the free gift God gives, from the tree of Life.

Digging

Even yet that was Gods first commandment, was it not, not to eat from the tree of knowledge for if they would have eaten from the tree of life then eternal life would have been revealed in them and death would not have reigned in them because of sin. Christ is that tree of life that gives us eternal life once again with the Father by that faith that is Christ Jesus as now we eat from the tree of life being that of Gods word that our spirit that is in unison with the Holy Spirit sins no more.

I can not understand why you can not equate the ten commandments and those moral laws I listed as being yet those laws/commandments which have not yet been fulfilled as you believe heaven and earth has passed away and Jesus has returned for this is what you are saying if you truly go back and read your own post. Not every jot or tittle are fulfilled yet until Christ returns. The only ones that Jesus has fulfilled is that of the Temple and sacrifices as we are now the Temple of God with Christ being our sacrifice for sin. Do you still follow the ten commandments or do you think they are also fulfilled and we do not have to follow them.
IF ANY MAN BE IN CHRIST HE IS A NEW CREATION, THE OLD THINGS HAVE PAST AWAY BEHOLD ALL THINGS ARE NEW! A NEW HEAVEN AND NEW EARTH!
can you not see this?

First in veiw of my last post, its not in agreement with the New Testament epistles! Again the term "moral law" is a made up term! The purpose of the law was to show that NO MAN IS MORAL! none is good no not one! so all must be justified by faith! Then by faith we receive the Holy Spirit " law written upon the heart" then we are to walk in agreement with the Holy Spirit! BY FAITH! the law is not of faith! We do not look to the letter but to the spirit!

I would ask that who of you is "moral"? no nothing good lives in any mans flesh! This is the purpose of the law? to make all see that they are sinners in flesh and all must die to the flesh and live by the spirit Paul said I through the law died to the law!
When we look to a set of written rules to justify ourselves, it proves that our flesh is yet alive and trying to cover itself with religious fig leaves!

No the lie of satan? ye shall not surely die! the flesh is currupt and must die! This point is made over and over!

Reckon yourself dead to sin and the law, and alive to Christ and His grace will overcome all the desires of the flesh.

IF ANY MAN BE IN CHRIST HE IS A NEW CREATION, THE OLD THINGS HAVE PAST AWAY BEHOLD ALL THINGS ARE NEW! A NEW HEAVEN AND NEW EARTH!
can you not see this?

First in veiw of my last post, its not in agreement with the New Testament epistles! Again the term "moral law" is a made up term! The purpose of the law was to show that NO MAN IS MORAL! none is good no not one! so all must be justified by faith! Then by faith we receive the Holy Spirit " law written upon the heart" then we are to walk in agreement with the Holy Spirit! BY FAITH! the law is not of faith! We do not look to the letter but to the spirit!

I would ask that who of you is "moral"? no nothing good lives in any mans flesh! This is the purpose of the law? to make all see that they are sinners in flesh and all must die to the flesh and live by the spirit Paul said I through the law died to the law!
When we look to a set of written rules to justify ourselves, it proves that our flesh is yet alive and trying to cover itself with religious fig leaves!

No the lie of satan? ye shall not surely die! the flesh is currupt and must die! This point is made over and over!

Reckon yourself dead to sin and the law, and alive to Christ and His grace will overcome all the desires of the flesh.

So what is this New Heaven and New Earth you speak about because I know it's not the one John Talks about in Revelation and when did Christ return for His Bride? And another question, do you follow the ten commandments? Yes moral law is an English word that defines one of being in good character. If you want to make it out to be a man made word then all English words would be man made even though the word describes something. The moral laws were also given by God as to how we conduct ourselves in the greatest commandment of all love pertaining to just these particular laws as all the other laws have been fulfilled in Christ and were for the Jew only according to the practice of the Temple and their conduct towards God.

So what is this New Heaven and New Earth you speak about because I know it's not the one John Talks about in Revelation and when did Christ return for His Bride? And another question, do you follow the ten commandments? Yes moral law is an English word that defines one of being in good character. If you want to make it out to be a man made word then all English words would be man made even though the word describes something. The moral laws were also given by God as to how we conduct ourselves in the greatest commandment of all love pertaining to just these particular laws as all the other laws have been fulfilled in Christ and were for the Jew only according to the practice of the Temple and their conduct towards God.

Well the eternal Spirit must show you the new heaven and the new earth as Peter called that which is the believers true home. So as long as we are in the flesh, we set our mind on this world and this age. but those who are spirtual set their minds on things above Where Christ is seated, Eternal things!
For we are already seated with Him in heavenly places. This can not be known by a religious discussion of scripture. I can point to these things and the Holy Spirit must make these eternal things real to you as He did to me and others! The natural mind cannot understand spiritual things, God must reveal them to you by the Spirit. This is why we are told to become fools to be made wise! By faith we understand these deeper things of God! Paul said I could not speak to you as spiritual. That does not mean being religious, it means one has, by faith been shown the truth of who a believer is IN CHRIST!
I am not the one who claims to keep the law? I have through the law died to the law, just as the scriptures demand!

Again I know that of myself I have no moral ability! That all moral power comes From the spirit, written in my heart. I do not need a set of rules to justify myself, Christ has justified me forever. I know Look to Him and His love. as He loves me, I love others. This love is shed abroad in my heart, by the Holy Spirit. I just use that which has been given freely to me by grace.
This love is my law! The royal law, is for the royal sons of God!

Those who are led of the Spirit are the sons of God!

Well the eternal Spirit must show you the new heaven and the new earth as Peter called that which is the believers true home. So as long as we are in the flesh, we set our mind on this world and this age. but those who are spirtual set their minds on things above Where Christ is seated, Eternal things!
For we are already seated with Him in heavenly places. This can not be known by a religious discussion of scripture. I can point to these things and the Holy Spirit must make these eternal things real to you as He did to me and others! The natural mind cannot understand spiritual things, God must reveal them to you by the Spirit. This is why we are told to become fools to be made wise! By faith we understand these deeper things of God! Paul said I could not speak to you as spiritual. That does not mean being religious, it means one has, by faith been shown the truth of who a believer is IN CHRIST!
I am not the one who claims to keep the law? I have through the law died to the law, just as the scriptures demand!

Again I know that of myself I have no moral ability! That all moral power comes From the spirit, written in my heart. I do not need a set of rules to justify myself, Christ has justified me forever. I know Look to Him and His love. as He loves me, I love others. This love is shed abroad in my heart, by the Holy Spirit. I just use that which has been given freely to me by grace.
This love is my law! The royal law, is for the royal sons of God!

Those who are led of the Spirit are the sons of God!

Thank you for defining what you believe in the new heaven and earth as we are both in agreement with that. I just needed to know that you knew this also. Yes, love does carry us through all that is moral as we keep ourselves in the will of God and not of our own will as Gods love fulfills in us how to deal with the moral issues that rise up against us as we are over-comers by that faith which is Christ Jesus.

Thank you for defining what you believe in the new heaven and earth as we are both in agreement with that. I just needed to know that you knew this also. Yes, love does carry us through all that is moral as we keep ourselves in the will of God and not of our own will as Gods love fulfills in us how to deal with the moral issues that rise up against us as we are over-comers by that faith which is Christ Jesus.

Amen and so be it in both our lives!

Back