Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

How to "WALK IN THE SPIRIT"

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
mitsa

In my opinion you don't. Do you believe everyone Christ died for shall be saved and Glorified ?
well you have free-will! all of you guys are the same!

I have been crucified with Christ, its no longer I who live, but Christ lives in and through me!

Satan (the accuser) has power over those he can accuse!
The Light of the Gospel? Is that we have been justified by Christ and there is therefore NOW NO CONDEMNATION.

The darkness is the flesh, the light is the spirit.
Now if one walks in the light they will overcome the flesh.
If one walks in the flesh? They have never known Him.

For in Him, we have no sin. Whoever sins has not seen or known Him.

The only power over sin is when we die to the flesh via His Cross. And we live by the Spirit.

All else is just religious nonsense!

Do not be deceived? religion will always attempt to justify the flesh. The divine nature is a product of the Spirit.

Satan (the accuser) has power over those he can accuse!
The Light of the Gospel? Is that we have been justified by Christ and there is therefore NOW NO CONDEMNATION.

The darkness is the flesh, the light is the spirit.
Now if one walks in the light they will overcome the flesh.
If one walks in the flesh? They have never known Him.

For in Him, we have no sin. Whoever sins has not seen or known Him.

The only power over sin is when we die to the flesh via His Cross. And we live by the Spirit.

All else is just religious nonsense!

I keep seeing some use the term "moral law" as an excuse for self-righteousness!

First the purpose of the Law and its moral standards, was to show all men that none are MORAL, NO NOT ONE!

in Rom 7 we see the truth, that the greatest law-keeper, among men, Paul come to understand that NOTHING GOOD LIVES IN ME, THAT IS MY FLESH.

Now the flesh of Paul had deceived him for many years? He thought himself "moral" but when he beheld the Holy One of Israel, he knew that he was not moral.

No one will abide and walk in the spirit until they see the wretched man of their flesh. No one will die with Christ until they see they must die to the flesh.

Now I say that the spirit will put to death the deeds of the flesh. But it is sad that some still think they are "MORAL"

dont be deceived, God is not mocked! None are righteous, no not one! Nothing good lives in the flesh!

well you have free-will! all of you guys are the same!

I have been crucified with Christ, its no longer I who live, but Christ lives in and through me!

In my opinion you don't. Do you believe everyone Christ died for shall be saved and Glorified ?

I keep seeing some use the term "moral law" as an excuse for self-righteousness!

First the purpose of the Law and its moral standards, was to show all men that none are MORAL, NO NOT ONE!

in Rom 7 we see the truth, that the greatest law-keeper, among men, Paul come to understand that NOTHING GOOD LIVES IN ME, THAT IS MY FLESH.

Now the flesh of Paul had deceived him for many years? He thought himself "moral" but when he beheld the Holy One of Israel, he knew that he was not moral.

No one will abide and walk in the spirit until they see the wretched man of their flesh. No one will die with Christ until they see they must die to the flesh.

Now I say that the spirit will put to death the deeds of the flesh. But it is sad that some still think they are "MORAL"

dont be deceived, God is not mocked! None are righteous, no not one! Nothing good lives in the flesh!

I guess to walk in the spirit, would require one to have the Spirit?

If you are not born-again? This thread is not going to make much sense to you.

Do you believe everyone Christ died for shall be saved and Glorified ?
I believe that there is something about God that you cannot understand? That God knows the end from the beginning?
That God is in the eternal realm not the temporal realm of time as man understands it.
Your doctrines are flawed because you fail to see that!

He who is spiritual has entered in to this eternal mind of God.
The carnal mind limits God by mans natural understanding of time.
I believe God knows and new from the foundations of the world. All that would come to Him.

He knows! not you or not me!
He also has made it very clear that those He would save would have the Holy Spirit! Now if one does not have the Spirit, they are not His. Sorry I do not make the rules!

BUT IT SEEMS YOU WOULD REPLACE THE SCRIPTURES WITH YOUR OWN FREE-WILL? LOL

mitsa

I believe that there is something about God that you cannot understand?

Ok, but answer the question ?

mitsa

Ok, but answer the question ?

My answer is that you are not able to understand the answer!
EDITED:

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that there is something about God that you cannot understand? That God knows the end from the beginning?
That God is in the eternal realm not the temporal realm of time as man understands it.
Your doctrines are flawed because you fail to see that!

He who is spiritual has entered in to this eternal mind of God.
The carnal mind limits God by mans natural understanding of time.
I believe God knows and new from the foundations of the world. All that would come to Him.

He knows! not you or not me!
He also has made it very clear that those He would save would have the Holy Spirit! Now if one does not have the Spirit, they are not His. Sorry I do not make the rules!

BUT IT SEEMS YOU WOULD REPLACE THE SCRIPTURES WITH YOUR OWN FREE-WILL? LOL

You asked, 'Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorance?' It is I--and I was talking about things I knew nothing about, things far too wonderful for me. Job 42:3

My answer is that you are not able to understand the answer!

I will not be paying anymore attention to your rude post. Unless you adress me as "Mitspa" (the elect of God)

Gal 3:2

This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal 3:3

Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
Gal 3:4

Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.
Gal 3:5

He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Step 1: By faith we must receive the Spirit, and reckon ourselves dead to the law, and all self-efforts to earn the things of God by our own religious works!

This seems to be the hardest part for most?

I hope to get this thread back on topic?
To die to the flesh and live by the Spirit is not a song we sing in chruch! it is our etenal reward?
To walk in the spirit is to walk in the "Divine Nature" of God. It is not at all religious but its motives flow from the Love of God. The law written upon the hearts of those who have received the Holy Spirit.
Love needs no list of rules, it needs no man to direct its actions? It naturally does what love would have it do.

When the gentiles who are not under law, do those things that are in the law, they show the LAW WRITTEN IN THEIR HEARTS!
their mind and conscience all working together to make them a law unto themselves!

For cicumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter! Whose praise is of God and not of man (Rom 2)

Galatians 5:22-26

New King James Version (NKJV)

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

I'm here. I'm gone.

- Davies

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope to get this thread back on topic?
To die to the flesh and live by the Spirit is not a song we sing in chruch! it is our etenal reward?
To walk in the spirit is to walk in the "Divine Nature" of God. It is not at all religious but its motives flow from the Love of God. The law written upon the hearts of those who have received the Holy Spirit.
Love needs no list of rules, it needs no man to direct its actions? It naturally does what love would have it do.

When the gentiles who are not under law, do those things that are in the law, they show the LAW WRITTEN IN THEIR HEARTS!
their mind and conscience all working together to make them a law unto themselves!

For cicumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter! Whose praise is of God and not of man (Rom 2)

Paul told some that he could not speak to them as "spiritual" but as to carnal as to babes in Christ

Now it is written that God has blessed us with EVERY SPIRITUAL blessing in Christ Jesus. Also that ALL THE PROMISES OF GOD in Him is yes and amen!

We know that a "double minded man" should not expect to have an prayer answered!

Now this double minded state of a man, is one who thinks himself saved and justified by faith, sometimes and at other times thinks he is to earn from God that which he works by law.

This is why the "church" has no power and very little love!

Galatians 5:1

Christian Liberty

5 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free,[a] and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.

When standing in liberty, we understand we are no longer condemned by the law, but because the law is spiritual, and good, we delight in it day a night.

Psalm 1:2-3

2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
3 He shall be like a tree
Planted by the rivers of water,
That brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper.

The "fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control," will be produced in its season as we abide in the love of God. Jesus is the vine, we are the branches. Just for clarity's sake, we don't abide in the love of God by trying to keep the law to be right with Him, we abide in His love by believing in Him. Of course, our beliefs will determine what we do. I think we would agree on this.

- Davies

i would ask the question Paul ask? did you receive the spirit by the hearing of faith or by the law? The spirit and the law are ablosute oppisite! because the law is not of faith. See 1 Cor 3

The ministry of death and condemnation, written in stone is opposed to the ministry of righteousness and the spirit.

So no mater how hard one may try and no matter how many scriptures one ignores? THE LAW IS NOT OF FAITH! that which is not of faith is sin! The strength of sin is the law!

No man can look to the law and claim to walk in the spirit! Its biblically impossible!

Now the law was spiritual, meaning it is a reflection of the spirit! The spirit was long before the letter! The letter kills! the spirit gives life.

The 10 commandments was a list of rules that was a shadow of what was to come? The Spirit!

When the law was given 3000 died, when the Spirit was given in Acts 2 3000 where saved! and given life!

Now no one can look at the law and claim that it does not do what God says it does! It condemns! It makes guilty all who look to it!

Hi Mitspa,

Though you've repeated yourself many times, I still believe the Law of God is good.

- Davies

Hi Mitspa,

Though you've repeated yourself many times, I still believe the Law of God is good.

- Davies
Yes it is good! are you?

There is none good! no not one!
So the way of mercy and truth was made! Woe unto them who reject it!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back