Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Inherint contradictions teaching Faith Alone

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Certainly it is. Ubelief is dishonoring to God.
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." What you really believes in is revealed in your checkbook. Conversion of the heart on an emotional level is the easiest and quickest, conversion of the mind on an intellectual level is a bit harder, you know, that takes all kinds of works produced by Christian apologetics; conversion of the purse is the hardest on a financial level is the hardest, because that costs you what you hold dear. These days the first amendment right has become a privilege for a few, we could be like Job, being targeted and persecuted by Satan, losing our career, reputation, family, even health just for being a Christian.

"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." What you really believes in is revealed in your checkbook. Conversion of the heart on an emotional level is the easiest and quickest, conversion of the mind on an intellectual level is a bit harder, you know, that takes all kinds of works produced by Christian apologetics; conversion of the purse is the hardest on a financial level is the hardest, because that costs you what you hold dear. These days the first amendment right has become a privilege for a few, we could be like Job, being targeted and persecuted by Satan, losing our career, reputation, family, even health just for being a Christian.
I think it's impossible to understand the scriptures without developing a sense of how empty and meaningless selfishness is. Unless someone is past feeling. Isa.58 shows how serving God by serving others in His name brings knowledge and wisdom.

Many so called scholars will be damned along with those who adopt their writings. I've said a lot of things about God over the years that I know now aren't true. Of course I'm no scholar, but it doesn't matter.

And Isa.58 is like Psa.1:3

he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

In Rev.22 there is a similar passage where the tree of life is planted by the rivers. It's interesting because Jesus is the tree of life, but Isa.58 and Psa.1 speak of the present.
It makes sense when servants of Christ present His Spirit.

I think it's impossible to understand the scriptures without developing a sense of how empty and meaningless selfishness is. Unless someone is past feeling. Isa.58 shows how serving God by serving others in His name brings knowledge and wisdom.

Many so called scholars will be damned along with those who adopt their writings. I've said a lot of things about God over the years that I know now aren't true. Of course I'm no scholar, but it doesn't matter.
I listened to a sermon podcast episode by a messianic rabbi yesterday, he pointed out a great irony, that Jews don't believe in Jesus, yet they've produced all kinds of evidence that prove him to be the Messiah - from their OT theologies; Christians believe in Jesus, yet they've produced all kinds of evidence that prove him NOT to be the Messiah, regarding the idolatries, images and pagan practices, not only in Catholic and Orthodox, but also quite prevalent in Protestant - cue "moralistic therapeutic deism".

I listened to a sermon podcast episode by a messianic rabbi yesterday, he pointed out a great irony, that Jews don't believe in Jesus, yet they've produced all kinds of evidence that prove him to be the Messiah - from their OT theologies; Christians believe in Jesus, yet they've produced all kinds of evidence that prove him NOT to be the Messiah, regarding the idolatries, images and pagan practices, not only in Catholic and Orthodox, but also quite prevalent in Protestant - cue "moralistic therapeutic deism".
You need to refine your definition of Christian then, don't you ?

I listened to a sermon podcast episode by a messianic rabbi yesterday, he pointed out a great irony, that Jews don't believe in Jesus, yet they've produced all kinds of evidence that prove him to be the Messiah - from their OT theologies;
Christians believe in Jesus, yet they've produced all kinds of evidence that prove him NOT to be the Messiah, regarding the idolatries, images and pagan practices, not only in Catholic and Orthodox, but also quite prevalent in Protestant - cue "moralistic therapeutic deism".
Judaism teaches that when the Messiah comes, he will destroy all enemies and rule with Gods' people over mortals on the earth.
The Bible does say this will happen, but when Jesus came, it didn't happen the way they thought it would.Messianic rabbis and christian theologians began teaching that it will be fulfilled at Christs' 2nd coming.
That's heresy. People are being deluded.

Judaism teaches that when the Messiah comes, he will destroy all enemies and rule with Gods' people over mortals on the earth.
The Bible does say this will happen, but when Jesus came, it didn't happen the way they thought it would.Messianic rabbis and christian theologians began teaching that it will be fulfilled at Christs' 2nd coming.
That sounds like Madhi in Islam, not Judaism.

Hey All,
Here is what Jesus told His disciples.

John 14:1-3 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

So Jesus' second coming is not heresy.
This is one of the foundations of the Christian faith.

Jesus is coming back.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Hey All,

John 14:1-3 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Jesus is coming back.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
The problem is that they skipped the FIRST coming and went stright to the second coming, they only thought of their messiah as a conquering king and general as Christ is portrayed in Rev. 19. In other words, they were looking for a Spartacus figure. Even Jesus's own disciples, following him for three years, perceived their ideal messiah in that way.

That sounds like Madhi in Islam, not Judaism.
I don't know much about Islam. They claim he was a great prophet, but below Mohammed and that Jesus didn't rise from death. That's the sadness of it. Like Judaism, they don't believe Jesus is the Messiah. Jesus taught the Torah like no other. If people really followed His teachings there would be peace on earth for all.
The Messiah brought peace from Heaven to earth, but only those who follow His teachings can know that type of oeace. He was a few hours away from being tortured to death when He said,

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. Jn.14:27 KJV

He saw it coming.

I don't know much about Islam. They claim he was a great prophet, but below Mohammed and that Jesus didn't rise from death. That's the sadness of it. Like Judaism, they don't believe Jesus is the Messiah. Jesus taught the Torah like no other. If people really followed His teachings there would be peace on earth for all.
The Messiah brought peace from Heaven to earth, but only those who follow His teachings can know that type of oeace. He was a few hours away from being tortured to death when He said,

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. Jn.14:27 KJV

He saw it coming.
Mahdi is the messiah figure in Islam who'll descend from heaven and kill off all infidels, a similar scenario does take place in Rev. 19 where Jesus will destroy the Beast's army in the final battle of Armageddon, but again, there's a first coming where Jesus came as a suffering servant according to Is. 53, and that part was skipped in Judaism. That doesn't make Judaismwrong though, they don't believe in Jesus because of the pagan influence in Christian practices and the widespread antisemitism, not because of anything written in the bible.

Says you, a prideful Pharisee who equates himself with Jesus, being perfect and having no sin? Pfft.
Was it John who wrote..."And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked." ?
Yeah, in 1 John 2:3-6 !
Walk as He walked, or admit you need help getting know Him.

Was it John who wrote..."And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked." ?
Yeah, in 1 John 2:3-6 !
Walk as He walked, or admit you need help getting know Him.
Keep your pride and inquisition to yourself, and stick to the topic, please.

Hey All,

Jesus is coming back.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
Hi Taz. What's funny about the passage you cited is that the place He's went to prepare sounds a lot like a City which is also a Bride???
Here's an idea. Jerusalem (city of peace), is also called the Bride of Christ. So faithful believers collectively. Which would mean Jesus has returned in Spirit and the new place is being prepared right before our eyes.

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. Jn.4:24

The OT talks about strangers (gentiles) building the walls of Jerusalam. He means us, ministering not only back to Jewish people but the world. Also just saw this in another place,

And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle. And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe. Rev.14:14-15

Coming with a cloud in Spirit,

Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest. Jn.4:35 KJV

The similarites between the Heaven and the earth is strange.

there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth. Lk.15:10 KJV
both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together. Jn.4:36 KJV

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back