Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is freewill biblical or something the modern world invented ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Jessutruth:
Jeremiah explains that of all things that can be wicked, the heart is the worst.
That doesn't mean all human hearts are so wicked.
If all hearts were so wicked then what would God be searching our hearts for?
Read this scripture, it is another one that people are taught wrong:
Jeremiah 13:23 Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil.
Not everyone is only accustomed to doing evil.
People are taught wrong and some even are told that we can't believe and obey God until after God causes to without our wanting or knowing. However, God does not save unbelievers.
Just God hardening some people is proof that we can believe and obey God before we are saved and so that we can get saved.

I'm writting this down so you can understand, people like Elected and other do not know because their in the middle of things see this thru and in the end you will undersatnd secrets of freewill in god's hands and in his efforts done.

Jesustruth

Originally Posted by 1689dave View Post

Where do you get that Idea?
God wants us to choose to love Him.

John 7:17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

James 4:4 You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.

Isaiah 65:11-12 "But as for you who forsake the LORD and forget my holy mountain, who spread a table for Fortune and fill bowls of mixed wine for Destiny, I will destine you for the sword, and you will all bend down for the slaughter; for I called but you did not answer, I spoke but you did not listen. You did evil in my sight and chose what displeases me."

1 Peter 4:3 For you have spent enough time in the past doing what pagans choose to do--living in debauchery, lust, drunkenness, orgies, carousing and detestable idolatry.

Joshua 24:15 But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."

Deuteronomy 30:19 This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live

We have a choice.
What influences that choice?

Wait let me finish elected you will get that answer, jesustruth at start rejected many things about freewill and he said things but realized jesus trhu his will are in God's will please let me finish you will get your answer.

Dave:

Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post

Luther and Calvin and all sects from them teach wrong about the condition of humans.

We are spirit and flesh and not all only want to please their flesh with sin.

People are taught wrong about many scriptures.

For instance, Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Jeremiah explains that of all things that can be wicked, the heart is the worst.

That doesn't mean all human hearts are so wicked.

If all hearts were so wicked then what would God be searching our hearts for?

Read this scripture, it is another one that people are taught wrong:

Jeremiah 13:23 Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil.

Not everyone is only accustomed to doing evil.

People are taught wrong and some even are told that we can't believe and obey God until after God causes to without our wanting or knowing. However, God does not save unbelievers.

Just God hardening some people is proof that we can believe and obey God before we are saved and so that we can get saved.
You cannot believe until God saves you. Faith is a fruit of the Holy Spirit. Did you ever consider that you steal God's glory in salvation and heap it on yourself thinking as you do? This spells big trouble for you.

Wellsmaine:

You cannot believe until God saves you. Faith is a fruit of the Holy Spirit. Did you ever consider that you steal God's glory in salvation and heap it on yourself thinking as you do? This spells big trouble for you.
Why? If you are Calvinist then nothing anyone does, says, believes, espouses or proclaims has any bearing for what happens to the person in the end. The whole system amounts to abject irrelevance regarding the fate of any particular individual.

dave:

Originally Posted by wellsmaine View Post

Why? If you are Calvinist then nothing anyone does, says, believes, espouses or proclaims has any bearing for what happens to the person in the end. The whole system amounts to abject irrelevance regarding the fate of any particular individual.
It's about God making himself known. Sin reveals God's mercy. His wrath, His sovereignty. His justice and so on. That's why He has mercy on some and not others. You are part of His object lesson for all of creation, like it or not.

Brighframe said:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post

God made us with free will to do good or evil. When Adam sinned sin entered the world, and we became like God knowing good and evil.

Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

God wants us to choose to love Him; He wants us to choose to do right.
There is eternal life with God one day without sin and sickness and death.
We have to choose what we want for ourselves now so that we can have that life with God through Jesus Christ.
None of those verses state that God made man with a freewill. Man was made with a accountability before God. But his will wasnt free to not to sin !God had purposed that.
Gen 2:17
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

wellsmaine:

It's about God making himself known. Sin reveals God's mercy. His wrath, His sovereignty. His justice and so on. That's why He has mercy on some and not others. You are part of His object lesson for all of creation, like it or not.
Sounds more like a spoiled brat who leaves some of his toys outdoors to be ruined by the weather while other toys he leaves indoors, scattered safely around the living room. God is much more of an adult than Calvinism portrays.

Dave:

Sounds more like a spoiled brat who leaves some of his toys outdoors to be ruined by the weather while other toys he leaves indoors, scattered safely around the living room. God is much more of an adult than Calvinism portrays.
Think about what you are saying about God. Paul says exactly what I said as being the reason for creation. And you blaspheme not knowing any better. You need to study before digging yourself in any deeper.

wellsmaine:

Think about what you are saying about God. Paul says exactly what I said as being the reason for creation. And you blaspheme not knowing any better. You need to study before digging yourself in any deeper.
Romans has to be read in small pieces and then in larger chunks. Paul was not only noted for his run-on sentences but his train of thought runs on from Romans 9 all the way to Romans 11:32:
For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all.
There you will find your adult God.

Lots of confusion going on here.

I am assuming you are quoting members from another forum on this forum.

I have not even seen Brightframe or some of the others you quoted in this thread.

matthew 4:4

Romans has to be read in small pieces and then in larger chunks. Paul was not only noted for his run-on sentences but his train of thought runs on from Romans 9 all the way to Romans 11:32:
For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all. There will will find your adult God.
Starting from Romans 11:13-32 it is addressed to the people of the Gentile nations.
God has mercy on all (Not just on OT Jews) but includes the Gentile people of the nations.
The Jews had the first opportunity - Luke 4:43 - then after Pentecost the way was open for all peoples.- Acts 1:8
Adamic sin (sin inherited from Adam) could be removed through Jesus' ransom sacrifice for all - Matthew 20:28
However, Not all will accept Jesus and that is why verse 28 says Jesus' ransom coves MANY and does Not say all.

okay told I will post what other friends and with bible verses talk about freewill. Going full-study of the bible about freewill. please read it and you will find the answers you had question about please.

................ That's why He has mercy on some and not others......................
God sent Jesus to Earth having mercy on all, but Not all accept Jesus - Matt. 20:28; Matt. 12:32
The choice is ours ' repent ' or ' perish ' - 2nd Peter 3:9

................ That's why He has mercy on some and not others......................
God sent Jesus to Earth having mercy on all, but Not all accept Jesus - Matt. 20:28; Matt. 12:32
The choice is ours ' repent ' or ' perish ' - 2nd Peter 3:9
How does God have mercy on some and Jesus has mercy on all?

They are one in the same.

Jesustruth.
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post

None of those verses state that God made man with a freewill. Man was made with a accountability before God.

Those scriptures I gave do prove that we have freewill.

Jesustruth:

You cannot believe until God saves you.
God does not save unbelievers. It is against God to preach that He does.
We have to believe.
Mark 1:14 After the arrest of John, Jesus went into Galilee and proclaimed the gospel of God. 15“The time is fulfilled,” He said, “and the kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe in the gospel!”

Quote:

You cannot believe until God saves you.

You cannot be saved until you believe and obey.

Quote:

Faith is a fruit of the Holy Spirit.

Back