Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Is Jesus considered to be God?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
follower of Christ said:
shad said:
Yahoshea said:

We dont know what Jesus would think if we ostracize our brethren as non-believers just because they dont agree with the trinity doctrine.

Actually, FoC DOES believe in a triune God...no word games either. :)
As far as being deemed a nonbeliever, I wouldnt do that to a new Christian. Only after they'd been shown the truth for a bit and flat out rejected it would I start to think they may be a 'make-believer'. :yes

I know you believe in trinity. Noone should be ostracized as non-believers just because they dont agree with your interpretation of the Bible.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life". This is the core of Christianity, not the doctrine of the trinity.

This topic is very close to being shut down. I fully expect those who claim to be Christian to act accordingly and for this nonsense to stop.

Thanks.

shad said:
I know you believe in trinity. Noone should be ostracized as non-believers just because they dont agree with your interpretation of the Bible.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life". This is the core of Christianity, not the doctrine of the trinity.
I dont remember ostracizing anyone, friend :)
However, you are in error as far as you understanding is concerned.
Those who teach falsely are to get a couple warnings, then we ARE to 'ostracize' them if they persist.
After the first and second warning, reject a man of heresy,
(Titus 3:10 MKJV)

G141
?????????
aihretikos
Thayer Definition:
1) fitted or able to take or choose a thing
2) schismatic, factious, a follower of a false doctrine
3) heretic
I'd say that after more than a dozen pages that we've 'warned' the person at least the second time.
problem is that on an internet forum things arent the same as in real life.

Free said:
This topic is very close to being shut down. I fully expect those who claim to be Christian to act accordingly and for this nonsense to stop.

Thanks.
Very sorry Free.
I dont know why this thread was even revived. It certainly didnt need to be just to start the insults again.

follower of Christ said:
I'd say that after more than a dozen pages that we've 'warned' the person at least the second time.

Again, We believe what we believe is true. Let Jesus judge who is in line with God. Let's not cast stones just because others dont agree with your reasonings.

shad said:
Again, We believe what we believe is true. Let Jesus judge who is in line with God.
You think the Trinity is wrong so obviously you think you are in line with God and trinitarians are not. How did you come to that conclusion? How does "Jesus judge who is in line with God?"

Free said:
shad said:
Again, We believe what we believe is true. Let Jesus judge who is in line with God.
You think the Trinity is wrong so obviously you think you are in line with God and trinitarians are not. How did you come to that conclusion? How does "Jesus judge who is in line with God?"

Free,

Did I not say we should wait on Jesus' judgment? Yes I did. Most of us believe we are right and that our opponents are wrong.

take care.

shad said:
Free said:
shad said:
Free,

Did I not say we should wait on Jesus' judgment? Yes I did. Most of us believe we are right and that our opponents are wrong.
Yes, you did say that, which is why I asked just how it is that Jesus judges. How does he "judge who is in line with God?" When will he make this judgment?

shad said:
follower of Christ said:

Again, We believe what we believe is true. Let Jesus judge who is in line with God. Let's not cast stones just because others dont agree with your reasonings.

Sorry friend, but while you may not agree with what Paul says in the passage I gave I DO.
We are to reject those who refuse to give up heresies.
Either you agree with Paul or you dont :)

follower of Christ said:
Sorry friend, but while you may not agree with what Paul says in the passage I gave I DO.
We are to reject those who refuse to give up heresies.
Either you agree with Paul or you dont :)

Have you ever considered that you might be wrong about what Paul says? I know you continually insist that you are right but I wait on Jesus' judgment.

take care.

Free said:
Yes, you did say that, which is why I asked just how it is that Jesus judges. How does he "judge who is in line with God?" When will he make this judgment?

You are now changing the subject when Jesus will judge us. Only God knows when. If you believe you know when, be my guest, I will pass on guessing games.

shad said:
Have you ever considered that you might be wrong about what Paul says?
Please...
After the first and second warning, reject a man of heresy,
(Titus 3:10 MKJV)

G141
?????????
aihretikos
Thayer Definition:
1) fitted or able to take or choose a thing
2) schismatic, factious, a follower of a false doctrine
3) heretic
No degree required...
I know you continually insist that you are right but I wait on Jesus' judgment.

And thats the problem..you ASSUME that its about final judgment. It isnt. Its about disfellowshipping with those who profess to be christians who push heresies.

I suppose youre going to keep this point going for 15 pages or so, right ?
It doesnt really matter if you cant accept what Paul said, shad....he said it...deal with it.

:)

shad said:
You are now changing the subject when Jesus will judge us. Only God knows when. If you believe you know when, be my guest, I will pass on guessing games.

one has to wonder just how you interpret 1 Cor 5, friend.
Its not about final judgment, its about keeping the leaven out of the assembly.
I guess Paul is talking TO no one here ABOUT no one, right ? ;)
I wrote to you in my epistle not to associate with fornicators.
Yet I certainly did not mean with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world!

But now I write to you not to associate with anyone named a brother, who is a fornicator, or covetous person, or an idolater, or abusive person, or a drunkard, or a swindler--not even to eat with such a person.

For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside?
Do you not judge those who are inside?

But those who are outside God will judge.

Therefore "put away from yourselves the evil person."
(1 Corinthians 5:9-13 EMTV)
Seems pretty clear....and in perfect harmony with the other verse I gave you.
We ARE to take action when someone is professing to be a christian and they are living in open sin or teaching heresies.
Its not required that you like it or agree with it, Im afraid.

And yes, I KNOW my interpretation is right on this..

follower of Christ said:
And thats the problem..you ASSUME that its about final judgment. It isnt. Its about disfellowshipping with those who profess to be christians who push heresies.

Yes, you are disfellowshipping others who dont agree with you. I know, I know: you believe you are right and I am wrong. :shame

shad said:
follower of Christ said:

Yes, you are disfellowshipping others who dont agree with you. I know, I know: you believe you are right and I am wrong. :shame
Frankly, it really isnt my problem if you cant read those VERY simple passages above and see the VERY clear intent.
We done here ? :)

shad said:
follower of Christ said:
And yes, I KNOW my interpretation is right on this..

I dont trust you and I rely on Jesus' judgment over yours.

take care.
Apparently ya dont....because THIS is Jesus' 'judgment' for those who continue in sin who claim to be christians.

I wrote to you in my epistle not to associate with fornicators.
Yet I certainly did not mean with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world!

But now I write to you not to associate with anyone named a brother, who is a fornicator, or covetous person, or an idolater, or abusive person, or a drunkard, or a swindler--not even to eat with such a person.

For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside?
Do you not judge those who are inside?

But those who are outside God will judge.

Therefore "put away from yourselves the evil person."
(1 Corinthians 5:9-13 EMTV)
Pretty clear.
Id bet money that a 7 year old kid could read it an understand it.
But then, they probably arent trying to force anything into it :)

follower of Christ said:
Apparently ya dont....because THIS is Jesus' 'judgment' for those who continue in sin who claim to be christians.

Guess what,

You believe I am continuing in sin but I believe trinitarians are even worse because you approve of killing your enemies against Jesus' clear commandment to "LOVE your enemy".

Let's just wait on Jesus' judgment.

shad said:
Guess what,

You believe I am continuing in sin but I believe trinitarians are even worse because you approve of killing your enemies against Jesus' clear commandment to "LOVE your enemy".

Let's just wait on Jesus' judgment.

Huh.
See *I* dont remember accusing you of anything here. Any reason for the guilt complex ?
And again, this has NOTHING to do with the issue of taking ACTION when professing Christians are living in sin or preaching heresies.
We can love them and do what Paul says to do.
NO ones talking killing anyone, chap...lets not continue in exaggeration for shock value. ;)

You go right ahead and do as the Corinthians did and ignore sin in the church, gent, I'll do what Paul tells us to do ;)
It is actually heard that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not even named among the Gentiles--that a man has his father's wife! And you are puffed up, and have not rather grieved, so that he who did this deed would be removed from your midst.
(1 Corinthians 5:1-2 EMTV)
There just isnt any getting around this for you, Im afraid.
And as I suggested earlier...I guess you have nothing else to do and will drag this off topic point out for another dozen pages...

follower of Christ said:
See *I* dont remember accusing you of anything here.

You are clearly indicating I am in sin because I don't believe in trinity.

You go right ahead and do as the Corinthians did and ignore sin in the church, gent, I'll do what Paul tells us to do ;)

Churches are not my Lord, Jesus is.
Just because you believe your understanding of Paul is right, that does not make it so, my friend.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back