Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Is Jesus considered to be God?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
shad said:
It seems that you want to debate the Scriptures, which I dont. I am a simple Christian and I dont try to read the Scriptures more than it says.

I dont believe in the Trinity and I showed you why. If you dont accept it then I cannot help you.
This is a very serious statement to make shad. What this says is that you aren't interested in trying to learn from someone else or even attempt to see something from someone else's view, which explains a lot, well, everything actually. You cannot just post Scriptures and think that you have proved anything, since you are clearly ignoring many other passages that have been posted by others. It shows that you are not willing to take serious Scriptural and doctrinal matters seriously. That is very unfortunate for you.

glorydaz said:
Do you believe Jesus is just a man, then?

Jesus is now with His Father being right hand of Him. He was sent by His Father to be the Lamb and accomplished His mission.

Jesus is Son of God and Savior of the world. He is not just a man. He is the Lamb of God. He is my Lord and my Savior.

glorydaz said:
Ah, you see Jesus as a man, and He was. 100 percent human. At the same time, He was 100 percent God.
Just a quick note, if I may. I do not think it is correct to say that he was "100% human" and "100% God," since that creates a split in the mystery of the Incarnation and raises objections as to how anything can be 100% this and 100% that. It is best to say that he is truly man and truly God, the God-man. That is all we know.

Only Good News said:
It is necessary for us to understand that the GOD of the Bible is pure SPIRIT, and
that he (the FATHER) must be Worshiped in Spirit and Truth. (John 4:24) and that he appeared once as a pure man JESUS CHRIST (John1:1,14,18, He had no inhibitions in claiming his Identity (John 8:58,10:30) and he did not hesitate to say, If ye believe not that I AM (Greek Ego eimi, Christ’s expression for his eternal deity), ye shall die in your sins, for whither I go ye cannot come. (Joh 8:24,21) (Exo 3:14)

:amen

Free said:
What this says is that you aren't interested in trying to learn from someone else or even attempt to see something from someone else's view, which explains a lot, well, everything actually.

What makes you think I am not interested in leaning from someone? Just because I dont agree with your doctrines?

I am done with you, free. We cannot communicate whatsoever. All you are doing is making accusations and personal attacks. You are a mod remember?

take care.

Free said:
glorydaz said:
Ah, you see Jesus as a man, and He was. 100 percent human. At the same time, He was 100 percent God.
Just a quick note, if I may. I do not think it is correct to say that he was "100% human" and "100% God," since that creates a split in the mystery of the Incarnation and raises objections as to how anything can be 100% this and 100% that. It is best to say that he is truly man and truly God, the God-man. That is all we know.

I see your point. Thanks for the correction.

shad said:
glorydaz said:

Jesus is now with His Father being right hand of Him. He was sent by His Father to be the Lamb and accomplished His mission.

Jesus is Son of God and Savior of the world. He is not just a man. He is the Lamb of God. He is my Lord and my Savior.

A man and a Lamb, but not divine?

shad said:
glorydaz said:

But Is Jesus GOD or not ?
:)

shad said:
Free said:
What this says is that you aren't interested in trying to learn from someone else or even attempt to see something from someone else's view, which explains a lot, well, everything actually.

What makes you think I am not interested in leaning from someone? Just because I dont agree with your doctrines?

I am done with you, free. We cannot communicate whatsoever. All you are doing is making accusations and personal attacks. You are a mod remember?

take care.
I didnt see any 'attacks'.
That is one of the problems here....too many overly sensitive personalities.

follower of Christ said:
shad said:
Free said:

take care.
I didnt see any 'attacks'.
That is one of the problems here....too many overly sensitive personalities.

Apparently, we have different standard on discerning how we treat others. Let's wait on Jesus' judgment, shall we?

take care.

shad said:
Free said:

I haven't attacked you at all; I am actually quite concerned for you. The fact that you don't want to even debate Scripture and only post what passages that you think support your point shows that you don't want to learn. It isn't even a fair way to post in forums that are meant for debating. You say the Trinity is wrong, post Scriptures which you think support your point, and then when someone wants to show you differently you say you aren't interested in debating, even though you have done just that.

This has nothing to do with us not being able to communicate, we're communicating just fine. The problem is that you are debating something you don't fully understand while at the same time claiming you aren't interested in debating, shutting other peoples' opinions down in the process.

shad,

Before I leave for the night I just want to add: There is nothing more important or central to Christianity than who Jesus is. That is why I take this so seriously and why everyone needs to take this seriously. We all need to take a very serious looks at all that Scripture reveals about God and about Jesus.

If Jesus isn't God...our sins aren't forgiven.

The very heart of the Christian faith is the deity of Christ.
Even the Father called Jesus, God. :yes

John 1 said:
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:14 said:
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
John 1:18 said:
No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

shad said:
Apparently, we have different standard on discerning how we treat others. Let's wait on Jesus' judgment, shall we?
take care.
You keep saying lets wait on Jesus, friend.
Sorry but I missed that scripture that seemingly tells us to sit back and do nothing until Jesus comes back.
We ARE to take action where sin and heresy exist in the church. Ive proven that with Gods word.
Jesus Christ IS God and existed from the beginning....many of us here have proven that with Gods word.

So...where are we now ?
:)

glorydaz said:

Like I said already, I dont read the Scriptures more than it says. I believe Jesus is Son of God and sent by His Father to be the Lamb of God. It also says that without Jesus, there is no salvation.

These are very clear. I dont see any Scripture saying that Jesus is divine and we have to believe Jesus is God to be saved.

This is also clear:

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that who ever believes in Him shall not be perished but have eternal life."

I dont see anything saying that we have to believe Jesus is God to be saved. Jesus does not have to be God to be Savior. His Father gave Him authority and power to be the Lamb of God.

Jesus repeatedly says that He is son of God, over and over clearly.

glorydaz said:
If Jesus isn't God...our sins aren't forgiven.

Why not? His Father gave Him authority to forgive anyone.

The very heart of the Christian faith is the deity of Christ.
Even the Father called Jesus, God. :yes

John 1 said:
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:14 said:
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
John 1:18 said:
No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

These are repetition of trinitarian reasonings and interpretation. I disagree with you and we have to agree to disagree and wait on what Jesus says when we meet Him.

take care.

shad said:
I dont see anything saying that we have to believe Jesus is God to be saved. Jesus does not have to be God to be Savior. His Father gave Him authority and power to be the Lamb of God.

I suggest you ask the Lord to open this section of scripture to your heart.

John 8 said:
21Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.

22Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come.

23And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

24I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

25Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.

26I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.

27 They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.

glorydaz said:
I suggest you ask the Lord to open this section of scripture to your heart.

Thank you. I also suggest that you take it seriously that you may be reading into scriptures more than it says and interpreting them wrong.

take care.

shad said:
glorydaz said:

Like I said already, I dont read the Scriptures more than it says. I believe Jesus is Son of God and sent by His Father to be the Lamb of God. It also says that without Jesus, there is no salvation.

These are very clear. I dont see any Scripture saying that Jesus is divine and we have to believe Jesus is God to be saved.

This is also clear:

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that who ever believes in Him shall not be perished but have eternal life."

It is my experience that all those who do not know Jesus Christ as God Almighty are not saved. I did not know Jesus Christ as God until after I was born of God, born again. Others who I have witnessed to did not know that Jesus Christ was God Almighty until after they were born again.

God Almighty is the Savior and beside Him there is no other. Both God Almighty and Jesus Christ are called Savior in the Scriptures. There are not two Saviors according to the Scriptures.

King James Version said:
Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me. Hosea 13:4

King James Version said:
I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour . Isaiah 43:11

King James Version said:
Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour . Isaiah 45:15

King James Version said:
Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer , the mighty One of Jacob. Isaiah 60:16

King James Version said:
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:11

King James Version said:
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope; 1 Timothy 1:1

King James Version said:
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 1 Timothy 2:3

King James Version said:
For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach , because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. 1 Timothy 4:10

King James Version said:
But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel: 2 Timothy 1:10

Solo said:
It is my experience that all those who do not know Jesus Christ as God Almighty are not saved.

It is my experience that all those who do not know Jesus Christ approve of the military and dont have any qualm about killing their enemy against Jesus' commandment of "love your enemy".

They say Jesus is God but they dont respect and honor His commandment.

Christianity is a way of life, not debating the Scriptures.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back