Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

It’s not biblical!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
True but the sacrifice of Christ is eternal!
What is lacking in the sufferings of Christ?
Lacking for what?
His suffering and death were sufficient to fulfil the presages and prophesies concerning forgiveness of past sins.
His resurrection was the final proof of His divinity and a testimony that men can walk in their skin and bones perfectly before God.

You do know the word "the" is not in the Greek?
So it says "as they do other Scriptures"(or writings).
The text it's self is not strong enough to support the argument you are making.
No, the article is there. And it is the very argument the text is making.

OK
I read post 4 two times.
You said what IT isn't...
but I don't think you stated very clearly what IT is.

Could you be more clear please?
There is no “it” this post was an experiment

Why can't it be both? Why can't "It is finished" refer to the completion of Christ's Atonement for sin and to the Passover sacrifice? In fact, why can't the latter and the former be united in Christ's work at Calvary?
Implicitly it does refer to that but we must also do our part!

All sins are forgiven due to Christ's sacrifice.
He died for the whole world.
For the sins of the world.
1 John 2:2
2He himself is the sacrifice that atones for our sins—and not only our sins but the sins of all the world.

If baptized as an adult, all our previous sins are forgiven.
The future sins must be forgiven also, still through the sacrifice of Jesus,
but we ask forgiveness...in whatever manner is accepted by the church one attends.
Is Christ the only head of the church?

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin? Are people seriously arguing about how one word is translated into English in 2 Peter?

You did say church?
There are many heads.
"And he is the head [singular] of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. Colossians 1:18
"and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head [singular] over every power and authority." Colossians 2:10

There is only one head.

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin? Are people seriously arguing about how one word is translated into English in 2 Peter?
I know right. Some ideas just get too deep to get out of. I just try to make a logical point and get dragged into an abyss of Greek. Sometimes I despair at the understanding on the Earth and among God's people.

I know right. Some ideas just get too deep to get out of. I just try to make a logical point and get dragged into an abyss of Greek. Sometimes I despair at the understanding on the Earth and among God's people.
You ignore the word 'other', and you went so far as to say the word 'the' wasn't even in the original Greek. If you had not done either of these we would not have had to show you the original Greek.

That would be you, right?
No, you were the one challenging the words of 2 Peter 3:16 to make a point that the verse does not support.

You ignore the word 'other', and you went so far as to say the word 'the' wasn't even in the original Greek. If you had not done either of these we would not have had to show you the original Greek.
If you would admit that for Paul or Peter to call their own writings Scripture would not be in their character nor the nature of any Jewish person we wouldn't have gotten into the Greek. So tit-for-tat.

If you would admit that for Paul or Peter to call their own writings Scripture would not be in their character nor the nature of any Jewish person we wouldn't have gotten into the Greek. So tit-for-tat.
Your argument is meaningless since we now know that Paul and Peter's writings are indeed scripture. Do you want to continue with your meaningless argument?

"And he is the head [singular] of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. Colossians 1:18
"and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head [singular] over every power and authority." Colossians 2:10

There is only one head.
Yes.
I agree that Jesus is the head of the Church.

We have to start distinguishing between the BLDG and the BODY.
church
Church

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back