Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

John MacArthur: Distinguished Calvinist Preacher.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
When God speaks it is His written word.
He doesn't say anything not written in Scripture.
The reason? Do you know?

Have you ever heard the voice of God? I have, Mr. Don Adams. And His words were Scripture.
THAT'S HOW we test the prophets and anyone who says they speak for God.
If it's not chapter and verse it's chatter and worse.
Chapters and verses are not inspired but added centuries later

Yes...it divides truth from error
How does anything divide truth from error when a verse is as plain as day and the reformed believe it means something different than any other Christian.

Might doesn't make right....
But if every other denomination believed the same...
and I believed differently....
I'd take a closer look.

Besides the fact that there were no such beliefs as the 5 solas until the 1,500s.

Last edited:
Really?
Explain Lk 3:2
The word of God came to John in the wilderness.
What's to explain. That word would be the same word given to Elijah.
But you don't understand the teaching.
They asked John if he was Elijah and he said, "No."
But Jesus said he was Elijah if they would (understand) to receive it.
So, who's lying and who's telling the truth?
Was he Elijah or not?

How does anything divide truth from error when a verse is as plain as day and the reformed believe it means something different than any other Christian.

I'd take a closer looks.

Besides the fact that there were no such beliefs as the 5 solas until the 1,500s.
W, your statement is very subjective. Every other denomination are ordaining sodomites and women to preach, Bull dykes, sodomites, drag queens, pedophiles, are not to be counted into the conversation, I do not care what they say as they have already departed into apostasy.
The truths have been there right in the first century. Most people did not have copies of scripture until Tyndale, and the printing press.
the truth has not changed, understanding has grown.

W, your statement is very subjective. Every other denomination are ordaining sodomites and women to preach, Bull dykes, sodomites, drag queens, pedophiles, are not to be counted into the conversation, I do not care what they say as they have already departed into apostasy.
The truths have been there right in the first century. Most people did not have copies of scripture until Tyndale, and the printing press.
I agree about the first century.
But Augustine was born in the 5th century.
In the first century free will was believed and Total depravity was not.
Today the Reformed are stating the opposite:
No free will
Total Depravity (man cannot seek God or accept Him by his own power).

I do believe both are incorrect.
But there's no need to be mean-spirited about our differences.

Related .

The chosen ,tolerates a gay pride flag on set and when rebuked they go south and support the movement
More so called Christian singers now are going this route

Chik fila gone woke .

Related .

The chosen ,tolerates a gay pride flag on set and when rebuked they go south and support the movement
More so called Christian singers now are going this route

Chik fila gone woke .
It's all planned.

I'd take a closer look.

And the doctrine of “the Bible is our only authority”
Cannot include your reading and making your own doctrine (as the so-called reformers did) or your interpretation and meaning, these are adding to scripture, the Bible yes but the doctrine of the “Bible alone” no, scripture opposes this false doctrine.

Scripture Verses that contradict “sola scriptura”!

Matt 5:14
Matt 18:17
Matt 28:19
Lk 1:4
Lk 10:16
Jn 8:32
Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21
Acts 1:8
Acts 2:42
Acts 8:26
Acts 8:31
Acts 18:25
Rom 10:15
1 cor 11:23
1 thes 2:23
2 thes 2:15
Col 2:7
Eph 4:5
Heb 13:7
Heb 13:17
1 Tim 3:15
1 Jn 1:3-5
2 Jn 1:12
Jude 1:3

How can it be said scripture is “sole authority” or the only source of truth or the rule of faith when scripture says we must hear the church Matt 18:17 the apostles are the light of the world Matt 5:14 we must hold the doctrine of the apostles acts 2:42 the church is the pillar and ground of truth 1 Tim 3:15

The doctrine of the “Bible alone” or the “Bible is the only source of authority” excludes the authority of God, Christ, and the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, the teaching authority of Christ in his apostolic church and the ministry of Angels!
Acts 8:26
Thanks

The word of God came to John in the wilderness.
What's to explain. That word would be the same word given to Elijah.
But you don't understand the teaching.
They asked John if he was Elijah and he said, "No."
But Jesus said he was Elijah if they would (understand) to receive it.
So, who's lying and who's telling the truth?
Was he Elijah or not?
Yes JTB came in the spirit of Elijah
My point is the “word of God”
Came to John. How? You said only scripture, did a book fall out of the sky?

Yes JTB came in the spirit of Elijah
My point is the “word of God”
Came to John. How? You said only scripture, did a book fall out of the sky?
If the ministry of John was that of Elijah which is what Scripture describes whatever word came to John would be the similar words spoken to Elijah.
Just as the same words given to Jeremiah were given to me.

If the ministry of John was that of Elijah which is what Scripture describes whatever word came to John would be the similar words spoken to Elijah.
Just as the same words given to Jeremiah were given to me.
And when God called Abraham?
Lot?
Jacob?
Moses?
Joshua?
Etc.

It's amazing to me that a man like him who knows the Bible so well would defend Calvinism so vehemently. I have come to realize apparently there are some things he never thought of that serve as legitimate Biblical arguments against Calvinism. But maybe this is for our good, to show us not to exalt any man no matter how learned and spiritually gifted they are, and he surely is. That's what I get out of it.
Some time ago I started reading about various religious movements. Not because I have doubts. It is more for self-teaching and understanding the main differences and why people believe in what they believe. Speaking about Calvinists, I found a good article https://www.christianpure.com/learn/presbyterian-vs-roman-catholic It compares presbyterianism vs catholicism. Well, both denominations have things that I can understand and those I can't. But my first thought, when I finished reading the article, was "They need to adapt to the changing world". Though the Presbyterian Church is called fairly progressive on matters such as doctrine, environmental issues, sexual morality, and economic issues, the denomination remains divided and conflicted on these issues. Though of course, it's only my opinion.

Last edited:
Some time ago I started reading about various religious movements. Not because I have doubts. It is more for self-teaching and understanding the main differences and why people believe in what they believe. Speaking about Calvinists, I found a good article https://www.christianpure.com/learn/presbyterian-vs-roman-catholic It compares presbyterianism vs catholicism. Well, both denominations have things that I can understand and those I can't. But my first thought, when I finished reading the article, was "They need to adapt to the changing world". Though the Presbyterian Church is called fairly progressive on matters such as doctrine, environmental issues, sexual morality, and economic issues, the denomination remains divided and conflicted on these issues. Though of course, it's only my opinion.
There are no denominations in scripture only the one true church

The new covenant Church is the eternal city of God! Household of faith!

The pillar and ground of TRUTH! 1 Tim 3:15

Founded by Christ alone! Matt 16:18 on Peter and the apostles! Eph 2:20

All these and more Tried to destroy the ONE, HOLY, CATHOLIC, and APOSTOLIC CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST and failed!

FAILED COMPLETELY!

Roman Empire:
Barbarians:
Heretics:
Protestant fundamentalists:
Atheists:
Communists:
Modernists:

All failed but eternal church of Christ remains! Lk 1:32-33

ONE:
HOLY:
CATHOLIC:
APOSTOLIC:

One faith eph 4:5 Jude 1:3
One sacrifice 1 cor 5:7-8
Sacraments 1 cor 4:1 & 8
Means of grace 2 pet 1:3-8

Ephesians 1:10
That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Eph 3:21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
(Singular)

Jesus Christ founded the new covenant church for the salvation of all men! (Jn 1:16-17) Christ is the truth! (Jn 14:6) Christ and his church are one!
(Acts 9:4 eph 4:4 eph 5:32)
The church is the pillar of truth
(1 Tim 3:15) that must teach all men (Matt 28:19) without error guided by the Holy Spirit
(Jn 16:13)

Thru the grace of God in the sanctification of souls applied in the seven sacraments!

Christ established the sacraments as the primary means of grace!

Sacramental life: Jn 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. Jn 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Christ founded the church for the salvation of souls!
Teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation!

Jesus Christ “did not” establish a church and send the Holy Spirit to cos spiritual blindness, anarchy, and chaos!
Protestants have changed the spirit of truth into a spirit of error, and the one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church the bride of Christ into a harlot of 30,000 sects .

Only Christ has authority to found a church, Matt 16:18 all other are false of the tradition of men!

Thanks

There are no denominations in scripture only the one true church

The new covenant Church is the eternal city of God! Household of faith!

The pillar and ground of TRUTH! 1 Tim 3:15

Founded by Christ alone! Matt 16:18 on Peter and the apostles! Eph 2:20

All these and more Tried to destroy the ONE, HOLY, CATHOLIC, and APOSTOLIC CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST and failed!

FAILED COMPLETELY!

Roman Empire:
Barbarians:
Heretics:
Protestant fundamentalists:
Atheists:
Communists:
Modernists:

All failed but eternal church of Christ remains! Lk 1:32-33

ONE:
HOLY:
CATHOLIC:
APOSTOLIC:

One faith eph 4:5 Jude 1:3
One sacrifice 1 cor 5:7-8
Sacraments 1 cor 4:1 & 8
Means of grace 2 pet 1:3-8

Ephesians 1:10
That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Eph 3:21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
(Singular)

Jesus Christ founded the new covenant church for the salvation of all men! (Jn 1:16-17) Christ is the truth! (Jn 14:6) Christ and his church are one!
(Acts 9:4 eph 4:4 eph 5:32)
The church is the pillar of truth
(1 Tim 3:15) that must teach all men (Matt 28:19) without error guided by the Holy Spirit
(Jn 16:13)

Thru the grace of God in the sanctification of souls applied in the seven sacraments!

Christ established the sacraments as the primary means of grace!

Sacramental life: Jn 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. Jn 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Christ founded the church for the salvation of souls!
Teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation!

Jesus Christ “did not” establish a church and send the Holy Spirit to cos spiritual blindness, anarchy, and chaos!
Protestants have changed the spirit of truth into a spirit of error, and the one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church the bride of Christ into a harlot of 30,000 sects .

Only Christ has authority to found a church, Matt 16:18 all other are false of the tradition of men!

Thanks
Catholicism is a works justification false gospel. So we know it is not one of God's churches.

Understand there must be an original.
And with the original the type is made.
But did he call any of them or the apostles with scripture alone?

Did Paul convert by scripture alone?

Or the blinding light of Christ?

Catholicism is a works justification false gospel. So we know it is not one of God's churches.
Not so

Grace requires works to be fruitful!
Jn 15:1-5 matt 21:43

Lk 8 parable of the sower:
All had faith; are all saved?
Do all bear fruit?

Do all win? 1 cor 9:24

Grace is sufficient for thee.
2 cor 12:9

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Not faith alone! James 2:24
Not works alone!
Not works of the law!

Faith and good works!
Faith working thru love!

Good works:

Prayer, alms, fasting, suffering, sacraments, practice of virture!

Add to your faith!

2 Peter 1:5
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; (sound like faith alone to you?)

Salvation is the end of our faith not the beginning.

1 Peter 1:9
Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

“Salvation by faith alone is a condemned heresy”!!!

Matt 24:13
Mk 13:13
Heb 3:14

Matt 24:13 he who endures to the end shall be saved.

Mark 13:13
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

1. Romans 11:22 – God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness

2. Colossians 1:21-23 – holy and blameless, if you continue in the faith"

3. The race of faith: the example of Paul

4. Hebrews 12:22-25: "we shall not escape if we turn away from Him"

5. Hebrews 4:1-3, 9-12: "strive to enter the rest of God"

6.Hebrews 6:4-9 – those who became partakers of the holy spirit and fell away

7. Hebrews 10:23-29, 35-39: "if we sin willfully", "if anyone draws back".

8. Matthew 24:13: He that endures to the end, the same shall be saved

9. Hebrews 3:4-6: Holding fast our confidence firm until the end

10. Matthew 24:13: "But the one who endures to the end will be saved"

11. 1 John 2:24-25 – "if what you heard from the beginning abides in you"

12. 2 John 8-9 : to "everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ

13. 2 Peter 1:5-11 : "Make every effort to supplement your faith"

“Faith alone” Without Charity?

Deut. 6:5
5 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:

Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

John 14:28
Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

1 cor 13:2 all faith without charity avails nothing.

1 cor 13:12 now abide faith, hope, and charity, and the greatest of these is charity.

If salvation was by “faith alone” then faith would be the greatest!!!

If we are saved by faith alone then when we first believed we would be saved?

…our salvation nearer than when we believed.

James 5:20
Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

1 Peter 4:8
And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

Thanks

Not so

Grace requires works to be fruitful!
Jn 15:1-5 matt 21:43

Lk 8 parable of the sower:
All had faith; are all saved?
Do all bear fruit?

Do all win? 1 cor 9:24

Grace is sufficient for thee.
2 cor 12:9

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Not faith alone! James 2:24
Not works alone!
Not works of the law!

Faith and good works!
Faith working thru love!

Good works:

Prayer, alms, fasting, suffering, sacraments, practice of virture!

Add to your faith!

2 Peter 1:5
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; (sound like faith alone to you?)

Salvation is the end of our faith not the beginning.

1 Peter 1:9
Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

“Salvation by faith alone is a condemned heresy”!!!

Matt 24:13
Mk 13:13
Heb 3:14

Matt 24:13 he who endures to the end shall be saved.

Mark 13:13
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

1. Romans 11:22 – God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness

2. Colossians 1:21-23 – holy and blameless, if you continue in the faith"

3. The race of faith: the example of Paul

4. Hebrews 12:22-25: "we shall not escape if we turn away from Him"

5. Hebrews 4:1-3, 9-12: "strive to enter the rest of God"

6.Hebrews 6:4-9 – those who became partakers of the holy spirit and fell away

7. Hebrews 10:23-29, 35-39: "if we sin willfully", "if anyone draws back".

8. Matthew 24:13: He that endures to the end, the same shall be saved

9. Hebrews 3:4-6: Holding fast our confidence firm until the end

10. Matthew 24:13: "But the one who endures to the end will be saved"

11. 1 John 2:24-25 – "if what you heard from the beginning abides in you"

12. 2 John 8-9 : to "everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ

13. 2 Peter 1:5-11 : "Make every effort to supplement your faith"

“Faith alone” Without Charity?

Deut. 6:5
5 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:

Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

John 14:28
Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

1 cor 13:2 all faith without charity avails nothing.

1 cor 13:12 now abide faith, hope, and charity, and the greatest of these is charity.

If salvation was by “faith alone” then faith would be the greatest!!!

If we are saved by faith alone then when we first believed we would be saved?

…our salvation nearer than when we believed.

James 5:20
Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

1 Peter 4:8
And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

Thanks
People who have fertile ground to know and receive the truth know that acting righteously does not make you righteous. And so they are not deceived by such teachings.

Back