Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Lukewarm believers and faith

Only by His resurrection from the dead can Jesus Christ offer mercy to His enemies that slew Him, and sprinkle the obedient with His precious blood of the Spirit.
Obviously, if Jesus died and stayed dead there would be no mercy to be preached to anybody. He would be dead. That is purely the mechanics of delivering the message of Salvation to others. He has to rise before the message is preached.

But you are confusing this with a supposed "sprinkling" event, as if the "sprinkling of his blood" is simultaneous with his resurrectioin from the dead. We are not told that. *You* are telling us that!

We are told that Jesus' death was a different kind of atonement than the slaying of bulls and lambs under the Old Covenant, and different from the sprinkling of their blood upon the altar. You tend to confuse these 2 separate covenants, even though one was symbolic of the other.

Jesus' blood was his own blood shed on the cross, and it was "sprinkled" before God in the event of his death, and not later, in his resurrection. Sure, he had to be raised from the dead before preaching the atonement, but the atonement was actually made on the cross. The Bible tells us that. You don't tell us that. You say it doesn't tell us that.

The blood of Christ signifies his death--not his resurrection. And his blood is what brought our atonement. The Bible tells us that. You tell us it doesn't tell us that.

We are told that it's the death of Christ that yields our inheritance...immediately, and not later. The Bible tells us that. You tell us the Bible does not tell us that.

Who should we believe: you or the Bible?

Believing in Jesus's death on the cross and the work that he did there as necessary for salvation is not my "personal teaching," it is the teaching of Scripture.
So you say. We must always remain humble and not think every word that proceeds out of our mouth, is the mouth of God.

Afterall, I read God saying we must believe in His resurrection to be saved. I don't read any Scripture saying we believe in His death unto salvation.

What you mean to say according to your past words, is that everyone must believe in your teaching on the work of Jesus' death on the cross. That's proselytization by one's own doctrine, not winning souls to Christ by preaching His doctrine of Scripture.

And if making the atonement by shedding of blood alone, is that work you teach finsihed on the cross, then that is a false teaching of another kind of atonement than God's:

His atonement sacrifice is made by shedding and sprinkling of blood. Not by shedding alone as the heathen do, nor by sprinkling alone, which is not possible after the sacrifice is killed.

If a person only has to believe that he was raised again, it could be that he was just one of three criminals executed and that God decided to raise him from the dead. He could have been just another sinful human whose death would have been meaningless for redeeming us from sin.
Nonsensical. I've never heard nor even concieved anyone believing in His resurrection, who did not believe He died first.

Non squitur.

RBDERRICK said:
No man must believe Jesus Christ's resurrection and His work on the cross, else ye cannot be saved.

This is flat out heresy, a denial of the gospel.
You see what I mean? You're not preaching faith in His death, but faith in your teaching of His work on the cross.

Act 20:28 Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God, which he obtained with his own blood. (ESV)
No one is arguing against the blood of Jesus Christ. The argument is whether He sprinkles and buys us by His natural blood shed on the cross, or by the eternal blood of His Spirit sprinkled from on high.

Since we are commanded by Jesus to drink His blood, then it would be contrary to OT and NT law to do so, if He speaks of His natural blood as a man in the flesh.

And since the blood of Jesus Christ that makes atonement for our sins, is the blood of the NT, then of course it is the eternal blood of His resurrection, that He spoke of while yet in the flesh.

Only the carnal minded disciples believed, and still believe, He is speaking of His natural blood shed, as a man in the flesh.

Rom 3:25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. (ESV)

Rom 3:25Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

1Jo 2:1My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

He is the propitiation of sins now. He is risen from the dead now. His old natural blood shed into the ground, is not His spiritual blood now. Neither is His old flesh body, His resurrected body now. The shape and likeness are the same, not the flesh and the blood.

To believe the blood of Jesus Christ in the flesh, is the same blood of the resurrection man Christ Jesus, one must believe one of two things:

His blood was eternally pure in the flesh. Which denies Jesus Christ is come in the flesh of man, but in some other kind of supernatural flesh and blood. That lie has been around a while.

Or, one must believe His blood of the resurrection, is the same natural blood of Jesus Christ in the flesh. I don't believe I've heard that one yet.
Rom 5:9 Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God. (ESV)
Since He rose again for our justification, then His blood sprinkled for justification is by His quickening Spirit, which is only by His resurrection after His death.

Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. (ESV)
All men were brought under guilt of His shed blood on the cross. All that repent are brought to mercy with sprinkling by His resurrection.

Heb 9:14 how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God. (ESV)
His blood shed on the cross was not sprinkled, and so no conscience was cleansed by His death alone, but only condemned by killing Him on a cross.

His blood sprinkling by His Spirit sanctifies the soul and purges the conscience of all past sins.

Once again. The argument is about what blood of Jesus Christ sprinkles and purifies and washes away sins, and is drank by obedience to His word.

God's words are written to forestall all errors foreseen by Him. If anyone wants to believe they are atoned for, forgiven, and justified by the His natural blood shed on the cross, then the OT and NT law condemns them for drinking it, either at the cross, or somehow after His resurrection.

That certainly would be a #1 relics search. Beats any burial linen, or wooden splinters from a cross.

You are pitting the cross against the resurrection,
Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

I'm not the one speaking against the resurrection, as having nothing to do with the atonement made by blood.

Or, do you agree the resurrection is necessary to making the atonement by blood? Otherwise, the cross is pit against the resurrection, and the resurrection is made unnecessary by the cross.

by making his work on the cross meaningless.
Thank you. I'll save this one for any more misrepresentation charges from you.

It isn't either/or, it's both/and. His resurrection was meaningful because his work on the cross was meaningful.
True. Without dying, He could not rise again from the dead. And without dying as a meek lamb for slaughter in obedience to the Father, He could not bring all men under condemnation of His death. And without His resurrection He cannot sprinkle any man that repents and obeys Him.

His resurrection, divorced from his atoning work on the cross, as you are teaching, makes his resurrection meaningless, as I pointed out above.
Nonsensical. How can His necessary resurrection to make the atonement by sprinkling of blood, be divorced from shedding His blood on the cross? There cannot be one without the other.

It's not the same flesh and blood at the cross and at His resurrection, but it's still the same God and man Jesus Christ, shedding His natural blood on a cross, and sprinkling His eternal blood by the Spirit.

It is false to claim that compassion on weakness is evil and allowing people to sin.
It is false to claim I preach conpassion is evil.

Jesus came and had compassion on "bruised reeds."
True. He comes to save the lost.

Grace is not permission to sin.
Nor cover from condemnation while sinning.

It's a way to get back to righteousness when we lived a life of sin,
True. Reproof by the Spirit of grace unto godly sorrow and repentance unto salvation.

and for those who have been reborn but have failed in some way.
I don't disagree some children of disobedience have been born again. But God doesn't remember them.

Eze 3:20Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

But every born son of God has turned away from disobedience with the world, and all their old sins are not remembered by the Father:

Eze 18:21But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

Grace is God's love for people who want to get back on the wagon.
True. His mercy is to not yet let the disobedient die in their sins and trespasses, but is longsuffering unto repentance or the grave.

Rom 2:3And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God? Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

2 Peter 3:9The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Back