Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Message to GOD"S elect

When you read scriptures like these where do you see someone who will do good or ask God to come into thier hearts? None do good NO NOT ONE. None seek God NO NOT ONE................

So "none are righteous, no not one" What is righteousness???

Why does God Command all men to be saved??

What does this tell us to do, "Repent, and be baptized"

We love him because he 1st loved us. 1 John 4:19

YES That is part of the Gospel message. "God loves you!" "God so loved the WORLD..."

God so loved (some) of the world?

Here read this Bible in the most important verses about salvation, and the simplest, it doesn't really mean what it says?

So first they are saved and then they have faith? And they may be saved for years but not know it?

The scriptures show in absolute and in clear terms that all that are saved where "predestined" it cannot be challenged by such a silly term as "free-will".

Yes, it does. I don't hear anyone denying that fact.

What is FOREKNOWLEDGE.

Does God COMMAND all people to be saved and NOT GIVE them away to do that?

God says to RECONCIL ourselves to Him. But not give a way to do that???

That is the scripture that few of the Calvinist can explain. What could they say?

One Calvinist did explain that and preached against regeneration (salvation) before faith! His name was SPURGEON. He laid the blame on man for not being saved. That is the truth, it is man's fault if he does not accept the Lord. Spurgeon, that if a man does not, it because he "would not".
Many say, that he "could not". It is man's fault, NOT God's fault.

Accepting Jesus, is a command, repenting is a command. There's nothing wishy-washy about it. Accepting Jesus, is not about feelings, or pride, or any such man nonsense. God just said "Do it!" Trust God that Jesus is the Savior and trust Him. Put your trust in Him. God already reconciled Himself to the world through His Son, now we are to reconcile ourselves to that truth. God will change the heart of stone.

[MENTION=93058]Deborah13[/MENTION]:

Re. changing hearts of stone, it really is a work of God, isn't it.

Blessings.

Faithfull gospil preaching is NEVER untrue or a lie. God does not save anyone wiith lies. The Gospil is Jesus Christ died for the sins of HIS people and they will believe only in Him. We preach Jesus Christ and him cruificed.

Faithfull gospil preaching is NEVER untrue or a lie. God does not save anyone wiith lies. The Gospil is Jesus Christ died for the sins of HIS people and they will believe only in Him. We preach Jesus Christ and him cruificed.

Scripture please. I will only deal with scripture, not doctrine. If you can't provide Scripture, it is a doctrine of men.

Does God COMMAND all people to be saved and NOT GIVE them away to do that?

God says to RECONCIL ourselves to Him. But not give a way to do that???

That is the scripture that few of the Calvinist can explain. What could they say?

Romans 9 is a great passage to reveal bad assumptions about the necessity of God giving everyone an equal chance.

God commanded Pharaoh to "Let my people go." Did this mean that God is obliged to enable Pharaoh to let the people of Israel go?
17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, For this very purpose did I raise thee up, that I might show in thee my power, and that my name might be published abroad in all the earth.
God raised Pharaoh up for "this very purpose" of not letting the people go. When God commanded Pharaoh to "Let my people go" was it in the hope that just maybe Pharaoh would let Israel go? Maybe God forgot to look into his crystal ball and peek into the future? It was God's "purpose" to free the people of Israel himself with mighty judgments on the people of Egypt and the Pharaoh so that he would "show in thee my power, and that my name might be published abroad in all the earth." This passage clearly shows that God has no obligation to give commands to people who can obey them. God gives commands to the world to believe. It makes them responsible to believe, but it does not enable them to believe. The assumption of so many is that if God commands something, he is responsible to enable everyone to obey the commands. The scriptures does not teach such an assumption. In fact, as in Romans 9, it teaches the opposite, that God can command Pharaoh, or the world, or anyone he wants to do anything he wants and he is under no obligation to enable them, or to make sure they have the ability to obey his commands.

With the Pharaoh, God not only gave a command that he knew would not be obeyed, or could not be obeyed, he purposely chose Pharaoh and hardened his heart so he would not obey. There was never really any decision with Pharaoh, he never had intention of letting Israel go because God intended to harden his heart all along.
18 So then he hath mercy on whom he will, and whom he will be hardeneth.

This of course does not mean that God waved some magic wand to make Pharaoh's heart hard, but rather he hardened Pharaoh's heart by lifting him up to power. That is in verse 17... "For this very purpose did I raise thee up." Pharaoh's hard heart was hardened by putting this evil hitler in power where he could offer the most opposition to God.

This argument that God must give everyone a chance smacks of a denial of humanism. It assumes that we all DESERVE a chance. It fails to see us as sinners and rebels. It questions the righteousness of God in that it says God must give everyone a chance. It is the same argument as Pauls imaginary opponent in verse 19.
19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he still find fault? For who with standeth his will?
The opponent says it would not be fair for God to find fault. This is the same statement as Deborah's rhetorical question "Does God COMMAND all people to be saved and NOT GIVE them away to do that?" Deborah could easily be the imaginary opponent that Paul is replying against.

Pauls bottom line is that God has the right to do with his creation as he pleases.
21 Or hath not the potter a right over the clay, from the same lump to make one part a vessel unto honor, and another unto dishonor?
The assumption of Deborah's rhetorical question is that the potter (God) is obligated to attempt to make all good pots because we are really all neutral clay and not so bad. The scripture teaches that the clay is in Adam, in sins and trespasses. God could make all bad pots if he chose. God's making of bad pots reveals his wrath, power, and longsuffering.
22 What if God, willing to show his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering vessels of wrath fitted unto destruction:
Gods making of good pots reveals the riches of the glory of his goodness.
23 and that he might make known the riches of his glory upon vessels of mercy, which he afore prepared unto glory,
24 even us, whom he also called, not from the Jews only, but also from the Gentiles?

One Calvinist did explain that and preached against regeneration (salvation) before faith! His name was SPURGEON. He laid the blame on man for not being saved. That is the truth, it is man's fault if he does not accept the Lord. Spurgeon, that if a man does not, it because he "would not".
Many say, that he "could not". It is man's fault, NOT God's fault.
Spurgeon, as most particular baptists, taught that it was mans responsibility to repent. He laid the blame on man for not being saved because it was mans responsibility. I hope the reader notices the flawed thinking on Deborah's part. She assumes because Spurgeon believed in human responsibility (as most or even all particular baptists do) that this means that Surgeon taught faith before regeneration. Again, she assumes that God is obligated to give commands only to people who have ability. Then she makes this leap of logic that assumes also that because Spurgeon believed in human responsibility, that he must have believed in faith before regeneration. Spurgeon, being a particular baptist believed the exact opposite, he believed regeneration was the work of God that caused faith.

Accepting Jesus, is a command, repenting is a command. There's nothing wishy-washy about it. Accepting Jesus, is not about feelings, or pride, or any such man nonsense. God just said "Do it!" Trust God that Jesus is the Savior and trust Him. Put your trust in Him. God already reconciled Himself to the world through His Son, now we are to reconcile ourselves to that truth. God will change the heart of stone
So in the above paragraph, God has Christ shed his blood to reconcile each and every man to himself, but that did not save anyone. Christ died, and it made men savable, but his shed blood did not actually save anyone. The paragraph shows a view of the atonement that is blasphemous. It is a denial that Christs blood saved anyone, but an affirmation that Christ blood merely makes men savable. So then, Christ died to present this theoretical possibility that all men will be saved, and then must be up in heaven biting his nails hoping that man, in man's sovereignty will accept this possibility of salvation. I guess for me, I do believe different. I believe that when Christ died, he unleashed an absolute salvation so powerful, that I was saved to the uttermost by by God's grace alone, by Faith alone, through Christ alone.

Yes, God changes hearts of stone, and makes them hearts of flesh. He does not ask permission, he does not act weakly, he acts powerfully. 1 John 5:1 is the strongest verse in the Bible on regeneration preceding faith. The verb "begotton" is a tense in greek (perfect) that is a past action with present results. The participle "who believeth" is the present tense result.

Faith is not of human origin, but it is something that is the work of God in the human heart.
Phil 1:29 because to you it hath been granted in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer in his behalf: It is granted by God.

Of course this is why john 6:44 says "no man can come to me." The word "can" is the greek word for ability. No man has the ability to come to Christ. Not that they have no choice, men have choice, but because of our sin nature, we always choose our own path of evil unless the work of God is in our hearts to change that.

Turn from your gospel of human merit to the gospel of 100% grace.

Jesus dosen't want to save anyone. HE SAVES HIS PEOPLE.

Yes, his people who were once unbelievers. His people weren't born that way. All of his saved people had to confess Jesus is Lord and come to faith on their own. Jesus does wanna save everyone, but not everyone will believe.

The scriptures show in absolute and in clear terms that all that are saved where "predestined" it cannot be challenged by such a silly term as "free-will".

What scriptures?? If the chosen are predestined then so is our pain and suffering, which doesn't make sense. Because there's no growth in our suffering if we all knew it was predestined.

Romans 10:9 is a choice the unbeliever makes!!!! Romans 10:9 is not predestined!!!! :stinkeye

Does God COMMAND all people to be saved and NOT GIVE them a way to do that. He commands all HIS people to be saved and provided the way. He reaches down into the pit of darkness and death, where all men are and Brings them to his light by his spirit. He gives spiritally dead men , spiritial Life, raising them from the dead.
.We did not choose to be born into this world and we do not choose to be born again into the new world. God does that...................

And who will seek God? There are NONE that seeketh after God NO NOT ONE.................Romans 3:11

Who is Rightous enough or good enough in himself to call on God
There is NONE RIGHTOUS NO NOT ONE..................Romans 3:10
There is NONE THAT DO GOOD NO NOT ONE.........Romans 3:12
These are a quote from Plsm 14 and repeated elsewhere in the plsm.

I am amazed when people read verses like these and yet insist they have enough good in themselves to approach a holy God.
Christ raised some of the physically dead people when he was here on earth to show he had power over life and Death. He raises the spiritly dead by that same power, and it is not possible for a spiritial dead man to will himself to be spiritally alive. This is reserved for Our Great God who has power over Life and death. O come, let us worship and bow down: let us knell before the Lord our maker...............Plsm 95:6

I know that all the scriptures in the world cannot open eyes are give life...Only God can do this great and amazing work. Thou art worthy, O Lord to recieve glory and honor and power; for thou hast created ALL things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created...Rev.4:11

Repenting does not save you.
Baptisium does not save you
Good Works do not save you
Keeping the Law does not Save you
Going to Church on a special day does not save you.
Your faith does not save you.

Jesus Christ the LORD saves you.................................I hope you don't deny this.
Once he does such a marvolus and amazing thing, these things become our life and our desire. Give to HIM ALL the honor, and praise.

Putting your trust in him means you do not trust youself nor any man. God does NOT need help from what he created. He is God ALLMIGHTY and does as he pleases with the world and all who were created by him. God Bless you as only he can do.

Does God COMMAND all people to be saved and NOT GIVE them a way to do that. He commands all HIS people to be saved and provided the way. He reaches down into the pit of darkness and death, where all men are and Brings them to his light by his spirit. He gives spiritally dead men , spiritial Life, raising them from the dead.
.We did not choose to be born into this world and we do not choose to be born again into the new world. God does that...................

And who will seek God? There are NONE that seeketh after God NO NOT ONE.................Romans 3:11

Who is Rightous enough or good enough in himself to call on God
There is NONE RIGHTOUS NO NOT ONE..................Romans 3:10
There is NONE THAT DO GOOD NO NOT ONE.........Romans 3:12
These are a quote from Plsm 14 and repeated elsewhere in the plsm.

I am amazed when people read verses like these and yet insist they have enough good in themselves to approach a holy God.
Christ raised some of the physically dead people when he was here on earth to show he had power over life and Death. He raises the spiritly dead by that same power, and it is not possible for a spiritial dead man to will himself to be spiritally alive. This is reserved for Our Great God who has power over Life and death. O come, let us worship and bow down: let us knell before the Lord our maker...............Plsm 95:6

I know that all the scriptures in the world cannot open eyes are give life...Only God can do this great and amazing work. Thou art worthy, O Lord to recieve glory and honor and power; for thou hast created ALL things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created...Rev.4:11

Repenting does not save you.
Baptisium does not save you
Good Works do not save you
Keeping the Law does not Save you
Going to Church on a special day does not save you.
Your faith does not save you.

Jesus Christ the LORD saves you.................................I hope you don't deny this.
Once he does such a marvolus and amazing thing, these things become our life and our desire. Give to HIM ALL the honor, and praise.

Putting your trust in him means you do not trust youself nor any man. God does NOT need help from what he created. He is God ALLMIGHTY and does as he pleases with the world and all who were created by him. God Bless you as only he can do.

I like that song: 'In Christ alone my hope is found'

It's a great statement of the believer's confidence!

Blessings.

I hope the reader notices the flawed thinking on Deborah's part. She assumes because Spurgeon believed in human responsibility (as most or even all particular baptists do) that this means that Surgeon taught faith before regeneration.

That is NOT what I am saying! I am saying, he taught that one was NOT REGENERATED (saved) until they put their trust in Christ. If you disagree with this, please explain WHAT, I am not understanding in the quote below.

http://www.spurgeon.org/sermons/0531.htm

I say that each person should read it for themselves. This is a direct link to that sermon. But I quote, to stir up curiosity in each person as to what he said. Spurgeon, is teaching in this sermon pure grace, not by works, but grace. It is a wonderful sermon.
But the point of my bringing it up was this doctrine of regeneration (salvation) before putting ones faith in God's Word about Jesus.

" First, NEGATIVELY; and here my first observation is that any other way of preaching the gospel-warrant is absurd. If I am to preach faith in Christ to a man who is regenerated, then the man, being regenerated, is saved already, and it is an unnecessary and ridiculous thing for me to preach Christ to him, and bid him to believe in order to be saved when he is saved already, being regenerate. But you will tell me that I ought to preach it only to those who repent of their sins. Very well; but since true repentance of sin is the work of the Spirit, any man who has repentance is most certainly saved, because evangelical repentance never can exist in an unrenewed soul. Where there is repentance there is faith already, for they never can be separated. So, then, I am only to preach faith to those who have it. Absurd, indeed! Is not this waiting till the man is cured and then bringing him the medicine? This is preaching Christ to the righteous and not to sinners. "Nay," saith one, "but we mean that a man must have some good desires towards Christ before he has any warrant to believe in Jesus." Friend, do you not know what all good desires have some degree of holiness in them? But if a sinner hath any degree of true holiness in him it must be the work of the Spirit, for true holiness never exists in the carnal mind, therefore, that man is already renewed, and therefore saved. Are we to go running up and down the world, proclaiming life to the living, casting bread to those who are fed already, and holding up Christ on the pole of the gospel to those who are already healed? My brethren, where is our inducement to labour where our efforts are so little needed? If I am to preach Christ to those who have no goodness, who have nothing in them that qualifies them for mercy, then I feel I have a gospel so divine that I would proclaim it with my last breath, crying aloud, that "Jesus came into the world to save sinners"—sinners as sinners, not as penitent sinners or as awakened sinners, but sinners as sinners, sinners "of whom I am chief."

He commands all HIS people to be saved and provided the way.

Scripture please, that says what you said.

This scripture says what I said.
Acts 17:30
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

How can ALL men obey this commandment, if God does not provide them with a way to do that?

That is NOT what I am saying! I am saying, he taught that one was NOT REGENERATED (saved) until they put their trust in Christ. If you disagree with this, please explain WHAT, I am not understanding in the quote below.

http://www.spurgeon.org/sermons/0531.htm

I say that each person should read it for themselves. This is a direct link to that sermon. But I quote, to stir up curiosity in each person as to what he said. Spurgeon, is teaching in this sermon pure grace, not by works, but grace. It is a wonderful sermon.
But the point of my bringing it up was this doctrine of regeneration (salvation) before putting ones faith in God's Word about Jesus.

" First, NEGATIVELY; and here my first observation is that any other way of preaching the gospel-warrant is absurd. If I am to preach faith in Christ to a man who is regenerated, then the man, being regenerated, is saved already, and it is an unnecessary and ridiculous thing for me to preach Christ to him, and bid him to believe in order to be saved when he is saved already, being regenerate. But you will tell me that I ought to preach it only to those who repent of their sins. Very well; but since true repentance of sin is the work of the Spirit, any man who has repentance is most certainly saved, because evangelical repentance never can exist in an unrenewed soul. Where there is repentance there is faith already, for they never can be separated. So, then, I am only to preach faith to those who have it. Absurd, indeed! Is not this waiting till the man is cured and then bringing him the medicine? This is preaching Christ to the righteous and not to sinners. "Nay," saith one, "but we mean that a man must have some good desires towards Christ before he has any warrant to believe in Jesus." Friend, do you not know what all good desires have some degree of holiness in them? But if a sinner hath any degree of true holiness in him it must be the work of the Spirit, for true holiness never exists in the carnal mind, therefore, that man is already renewed, and therefore saved. Are we to go running up and down the world, proclaiming life to the living, casting bread to those who are fed already, and holding up Christ on the pole of the gospel to those who are already healed? My brethren, where is our inducement to labour where our efforts are so little needed? If I am to preach Christ to those who have no goodness, who have nothing in them that qualifies them for mercy, then I feel I have a gospel so divine that I would proclaim it with my last breath, crying aloud, that "Jesus came into the world to save sinners"—sinners as sinners, not as penitent sinners or as awakened sinners, but sinners as sinners, sinners "of whom I am chief."

When Spurgeon says.... "If I am to preach faith in Christ to a man who is regenerated, then the man, being regenerated, is saved already, and it is an unnecessary and ridiculous thing for me to preach Christ to him, and bid him to believe in order to be saved when he is saved already, being regenerate Deborah, your quote is not a statement that Spurgeon did not believe in regeneration as the cause of faith. Indeed, just the opposite. It is a statement Spurgeon made in which regeneration as the cause of faith is behind those very words. Spurgeon believed (and I, as a regular baptist agree) that the instant a person is regenerated, he believes the word of the gospel preached to him. So then, if the person is already regenerate, there is no need to preach to him. Spurgeon is saying he does not evangelize those already regenerated or he does not evangelize those already saved. It is kind of like preaching to the choir. Why call those to faith that already believe.

If you look at the context of what Spurgeon was saying in that sermon, he is referring to certain Hyper-Calvinists (or as RC Sproul calls them-- sub Calvinists) who said someone has to be regenerated before you evangelize them. Now Hyper-Calvinists are not Calvinists. This quote is from your like in the material right above your quote....
In our own day certain preachers assure us that a man must he regenerated before we may bid him believe in Jesus Christ;

Above that statement Spurgeon names the Hyper-Calvinists he is speak of... "I refer not merely to Alleyne and Baxter, who are far better preachers of the law than of the gospel, but I include men far sounder in the faith than they, such as Rogers of Dedham, Shepherd, the author of "The Sound Believer," and especially the American, Thomas Hooker, who has written a book upon qualifications for coming to Christ."

In Hyper-Calvinism, they do not believe in evangelism the way Calvinists do. Calvinists are famous for their 1 on 1 evangelism. James Kennedy started evangelism explosion. There are a host of other Calvinistic evangelistic methodologies of evangelism. Spurgeon was a Calvinists and believed in evangelism of all men without exception. In your quote he uses the word regeneration as a rebuke to Hyper Calvinists. Deborah, this has been my complaint that you see one or two words and do not look at the context. You saw the word regeneration and make huge assumptions and misread the context of an article by Spurgeon. That is even a modern article with the original in our own language. It has nothing to do with faith before regeneration, and has everything to do with Hyper Calvinism who demand that a person be regenerate before evangelism. As Spurgeon logically says, if someone is regenerated, they are saved already. So Hyper-Calvinists make no sense on that point.

What amazes me is the straw man arguments which the limited unconditionally elect come up with..

I am still waiting for an answer to my last post.

Was Adam and Eve God's elect? [CM]

JLB

QUOTE=Eventide;837236]

What amazes me is the straw man arguments which the limited unconditionally elect come up with..[/QUOTE]

From Adam & Eve on one see's that the Creator which does not lie and created them, gave a way back from the Eternal execution of Obadiah 16
It is called FAITH to Believe what is Promised!

And the devil lied from the very first! Gen. 3
[4] And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

And most ALL teach this for truth!:screwloose

Deborah, your quote is not a statement that Spurgeon did not believe in regeneration as the cause of faith.

What is your definition of regeneration?

Scripturally, it is related to the New Covenant. It is the circumcision of the heart. Even before the New Covenant, Moses speaks of regeneration as a heart circumcision that causes Israel to love God.
Deu 30:6 And Jehovah thy God will circumcise thy heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love Jehovah thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

It is the taking away of the heart of stone and putting in man a heart of flesh which causes obedience to the Law of God.
Eze 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them a heart of flesh;
Eze 11:20 that they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.
Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you; and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep mine ordinances, and do them.

Regeneration is the placing of the Law upon the heart and causing the person to know God.
Jer 31:33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith Jehovah: I will put my law in their inward parts, and in their heart will I write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people:
Jer 31:34 and they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know Jehovah; for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith Jehovah: for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin will I remember no more.

Regeneration is being born again
Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except one be born anew, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Regeneration is being begotten of God and it causes....
righteousness ...... 1Jn 2:29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one also that doeth righteousness is begotten of him.
and faith....... 1Jn 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is begotten of God: and whosoever loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

Regeneration is the washing of the Spirit of God and brings salvation to a person.
Tit 3:5 not by works done in righteousness, which we did ourselves, but according to his mercy he saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,

Regeneration is the work of God for man, and not the work of mans faith for God. If regeneration follows faith, it is a needless work of man for we are already justified, we are already pleasing God.
Heb 11:6 and without faith it is impossible to be well-pleasing unto him; for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that seek after him.
If we can have faith without regeneration, then we can please God while still in the flesh. Of course that is unbiblical that we can please God in the flesh.
Rom 8:8 and they that are in the flesh cannot please God. So then, if faith pleases God, then we cannot have faith in the flesh. Faith is the work of regeneration. Regeneration happens in an instant and is the work of the Holy Spirit (Titus 3:5) and happens as the word of the gospel is being preached, and causes faith in that instant when the word is being preached.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8k9Vi-6m9k

If I got it wrong, just ask Johnny Mac, although you might not like him either. Or keep studying Spurgeon, but the more you learn of Spurgeon, you less you might like him.

Deborah, your quote is not a statement that Spurgeon did not believe in regeneration as the cause of faith.

What is your definition of regeneration?

Scripturally, it is related to the New Covenant. It is the circumcision of the heart. Even before the New Covenant, Moses speaks of regeneration as a heart circumcision that causes Israel to love God.
Deu 30:6 And Jehovah thy God will circumcise thy heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love Jehovah thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

It is the taking away of the heart of stone and putting in man a heart of flesh which causes obedience to the Law of God.
Eze 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them a heart of flesh;
Eze 11:20 that they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.
Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you; and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep mine ordinances, and do them.

Regeneration is the placing of the Law upon the heart and causing the person to know God.
Jer 31:33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith Jehovah: I will put my law in their inward parts, and in their heart will I write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people:
Jer 31:34 and they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know Jehovah; for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith Jehovah: for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin will I remember no more.

Regeneration is being born again
Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except one be born anew, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Regeneration is being begotten of God and it causes....
righteousness ...... 1Jn 2:29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one also that doeth righteousness is begotten of him.
and faith....... 1Jn 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is begotten of God: and whosoever loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

Regeneration is the washing of the Spirit of God and brings salvation to a person.
Tit 3:5 not by works done in righteousness, which we did ourselves, but according to his mercy he saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,

Regeneration is the work of God for man, and not the work of mans faith for God. If regeneration follows faith, it is a needless work of man for we are already justified, we are already pleasing God.
Heb 11:6 and without faith it is impossible to be well-pleasing unto him; for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that seek after him.
If we can have faith without regeneration, then we can please God while still in the flesh. Of course that is unbiblical that we can please God in the flesh.
Rom 8:8 and they that are in the flesh cannot please God. So then, if faith pleases God, then we cannot have faith in the flesh. Faith is the work of regeneration. Regeneration happens in an instant and is the work of the Holy Spirit (Titus 3:5) and happens as the word of the gospel is being preached, and causes faith in that instant when the word is being preached.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8k9Vi-6m9k

If I got it wrong, just ask Johnny Mac, although you might not like him either. Or keep studying Spurgeon, but the more you learn of Spurgeon, you less you might like him.

According to your doctrine, was Adam and Eve God's elect?

JLB

Back