Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Poll re. good tattoo artist career for a Christian woman - Part 2

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
A much more noble career for a Christian woman, and one that has much, much more potential for opening up a door to the gospel message, and which causes no one to stumble, and helps people, is to open a business to remove tattoos. Who could even begin to argue whether that is conscionable and approved by God and can do everything I just said?

If a woman's desire and goal is really to do what pleases and God in the furtherance of the gospel this should be a no-brainer. Really folks.

I agree. that is why I trying to show that farouk that she cant do that a make money.she will have to compromise.i was in the army. I know a lot of tattooed people then and I do know it is really about making a statement."look at me as this is what I believe and im different from the others as I like this.."im sorry I have heard sinners talk about havind sex with a girl based on the assumption simply because she was tattooed and pierced. they assumed that as she was tattooed and easy. it does project that. doesn't mean they are but well it not always wrong either.

A much more noble career for a Christian woman, and one that has much, much more potential for opening up a door to the gospel message, and which causes no one to stumble, and helps people, is to open a business to remove tattoos. Who could even begin to argue whether that is conscionable and approved by God and can do everything I just said?

If a woman's desire and goal is really to do what pleases and God in the furtherance of the gospel this should be a no-brainer. Really folks.

I agree. that is why I trying to show that farouk that she cant do that a make money.she will have to compromise.i was in the army. I know a lot of tattooed people then and I do know it is really about making a statement."look at me as this is what I believe and im different from the others as I like this.."im sorry I have heard sinners talk about havind sex with a girl based on the assumption simply because she was tattooed and pierced. they assumed that as she was tattooed and easy. it does project that. doesn't mean they are but well it not always wrong either.
I couldn't agree more.

When you point this out to people they insist you're wrong and just close their eyes and ears to the truth. That is, right after they tell you about the innocent little, church-going housewife and mother experimenting with a little butterfly tattoo on her whatever.

...they tell you about the innocent little, church-going housewife and mother experimenting with a little butterfly tattoo on her whatever.
@Jethro Bodine :

So are you really saying that, purely on the basis of a small tattoo, whether of a butterfly, or a Bible reference or Christian fish sign <><, or whatever, as you say 'a church-going housewife and mother' becomes morally and spiritually someone who you deem to have engaged in serial bed-swapping?

Because if you are, this is a huge and sweeping assumption. :chin

Blessings.

like I said before about art. do we have to go there. do we need "Christian secular music" songs that don't mention Christ but are just like the world too? most of switchfoots and others that have crossed still have a Christian message and aren't really secular.
Tattooing, as I understand it, was forbidden in the law because it belonged to the pagans and the worship of their gods. They were not to do what the pagans do in the worship of their gods. With that in mind, what you say, @jasoncran , reminds me of what Paul said:

"<sup class="versenum">16 </sup>What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said:“I will live with them
and walk among them,
and I will be their God,
and they will be my people.”<sup class="footnote" value="[<a href=" http:="" www.christianforums.net="" &quot;#fen-niv-28915c&quot;"="" target="_blank">"></sup>

<sup class="versenum">17 </sup>Therefore,
“Come out from them
and be separate,
says the Lord.
Touch no unclean thing,
and I will receive you.”
(2 Corinthians 6:16-17 NIV)

And remember, this is from the person who said an idol is nothing.

There's more to consider...

"<sup class="versenum">18 </sup>Consider the people of Israel: Do not those who eat the sacrifices participate in the altar? <sup class="versenum">19 </sup>Do I mean then that food sacrificed to an idol is anything, or that an idol is anything? <sup class="versenum">20 </sup>No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons. <sup class="versenum">21 </sup>You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord’s table and the table of demons. <sup class="versenum">22 </sup>Are we trying to arouse the Lord’s jealousy? Are we stronger than he?

<sup class="versenum">23 </sup>“I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but not everything is constructive. <sup class="versenum">24 </sup>No one should seek their own good, but the good of others." (1 Corinthians 10:18-24 NIV)

You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too. Are we trying to arouse the Lords' jealousy? Are we stronger than he?

As jason points out from his experiences, if we think tattooing is somehow now disconnected from the pagan worship of the false idols of pride, rebellion, and sensuality then you need to crawl out from under your rock.

Last edited by a moderator:
like I said before about art. do we have to go there. do we need "Christian secular music" songs that don't mention Christ but are just like the world too? most of switchfoots and others that have crossed still have a Christian message and aren't really secular.
Tattooing, as I understand it, was forbidden in the law because it belonged to the pagans and their worship of their gods. With that in mind, what you say, @jasoncran , reminds me of what Paul said:

"<SUP class=versenum>16 </SUP>What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said:“I will live with them
and walk among them,
and I will be their God,
and they will be my people.”<SUP class=footnote value="[<a href=" target="_blank" &quot;#fen-NIV-28915c&quot;? href="http://www.christianforums.net" www.christianforums.net http:>c]"></SUP>

<SUP class=versenum>17 </SUP>Therefore,
“Come out from them
and be separate,
says the Lord.
Touch no unclean thing,
and I will receive you.”
(2 Corinthians 6:16-17 NIV)

And remember, this is from the person who said an idol is nothing.

"<SUP class=versenum>18 </SUP>Consider the people of Israel: Do not those who eat the sacrifices participate in the altar? <SUP class=versenum>19 </SUP>Do I mean then that food sacrificed to an idol is anything, or that an idol is anything? <SUP class=versenum>20 </SUP>No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons. <SUP class=versenum>21 </SUP>You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord’s table and the table of demons. <SUP class=versenum>22 </SUP>Are we trying to arouse the Lord’s jealousy? Are we stronger than he?

<SUP class=versenum>23 </SUP>“I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but not everything is constructive. <SUP class=versenum>24 </SUP>No one should seek their own good, but the good of others." (1 Corinthians 10:18-24 NIV)

You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too. Are we trying to arouse the Lords' jealousy? Are we stronger than he?
[MENTION=88699]Jethro Bodine[/MENTION]:

So are you saying that an inked Christian fish sign <>< (drawn extensively by early Christian travellers) or a Bible ref. on a wrist, say, acquired with the prayerful motive of testimony, becomes to that person a table of demons that precludes fellowship between that person and the Lord?

You quote that passage in First Corinthians 10, but do you really believe that this is the case with a tattoo in the circumstances I just described?

If so, this is a really, really sweeping assumption. :chin

Blessings.

...they tell you about the innocent little, church-going housewife and mother experimenting with a little butterfly tattoo on her whatever.
@Jethro Bodine :

So are you really saying that, purely on the basis of a small tattoo, whether of a butterfly, or a Bible reference or Christian fish sign <><, or whatever, as you say 'a church-going housewife and mother' becomes morally and spiritually someone who you deem to have engaged in serial bed-swapping?

Blessings.
Read my post, #146.

@Jethro Bodine :

Blessings.
Read my post, #146.

Is this a 'yes'?

(I have read it, and this was my question.)

Blessings.

So are you saying that an inked Christian fish sign <>< (drawn extensively by early Christian travellers) or a Bible ref. on a wrist, say, acquired with the prayerful motive of testimony, becomes to that person a table of demons that precludes fellowship between that person and the Lord?

You quote that passage in First Corinthians 10, but do you really believe that this is the case with a tattoo in the circumstances I just described?

Blessings.
<sup class="versenum">4 </sup>You must not worship the Lord your God in their way." (Deuteronomy 12:4 NIV)

(Fearing it would involve too much explanation, I deleted this from my post #146.)

You can say, "but that's the law", and "the law has 'passed away', and is 'no longer binding' ", but you can't just sweep away God's reasons for commanding that we not worship the true God in the way of the pagans with that distorted, overused, misguided, misapplied teaching in the church.

Blessings.
<sup class="versenum">4 </sup>You must not worship the Lord your God in their way." (Deuteronomy 12:4 NIV)

(Fearing it would involve too much explanation, I deleted this from my previous post.)

You can say, "but that's the law", and say the law that has 'passed away', and is 'no longer binding', but you can't just sweep away God's reasons for commanding that we not worship the true God in the way of the pagans with that distorted, overused, misguided teaching in the church.

But are you really saying that an inked Christian fish sign <>< (drawn extensively by early Christian travellers) or a Bible ref. on a wrist, say, acquired with the prayerful motive of testimony, becomes to that person a table of demons that precludes fellowship between that person and the Lord?

You were the one who quoted that passage in First Corinthians 10 in this connection, so what you said does reasonably give rise to such a question.

Blessings.

some place is a balance... We are to be set apart, does the average Christian needs to be as set apart as the Amish? 55 years ago a Christian would have never considered getting a tatt.

55 years ago one could just about look at person on walking down the street and see the difference between the "saved" and the "unsaved".

55 years ago the difference between the way male and female looked was clear.. today not so much.

Is this tatt OK <))>>< and this one not? #%*& ? Are any of these changes good? Are any of these changes bad? It is now considered by many to OK for a Christian to say O my god, or OMG in casual conversation. Some make-up is OK but Jan Crouch and Tammy Fay were over the top? Who sets the standards. Should we look to the Word for the standard or to the world ?.. I would not have a tattoo but is it unChristlike to get 1,2, 20, 30 I truly don't know. Same with piercings I have one hole each ear... Joe has 20 is Joe a sinner and I am not? Rambled enough...

some place is a balance... We are to be set apart, does the average Christian needs to be as set apart as the Amish? 55 years ago a Christian would have never considered getting a tatt.

55 years ago one could just about look at person on walking down the street and see the difference between the "saved" and the "unsaved".

55 years ago the difference between the way male and female looked was clear.. today not so much.

Is this tatt OK <))>>< and this one not? #%*& ? Are any of these changes good? Are any of these changes bad? It is now considered by many to OK for a Christian to say O my god, or OMG in casual conversation. Some make-up is OK but Jan Crouch and Tammy Fay were over the top? Who sets the standards. Should we look to the Word for the standard or to the world ?.. I would not have a tattoo but is it unChristlike to get 1,2, 20, 30 I truly don't know. Same with piercings I have one hole each ear... Joe has 20 is Joe a sinner and I am not? Rambled enough...
@reba :

You have one hole in each ear, and some Christian women have two holes in each ear, but anyone daring to suggest that you or they are not Godly Christian ladies on that account would be in deep trouble! (The time just came when you ladies felt that putting holes in your ears would be good and appropriate for you.)

Similarly, I fail to understand also how a Christian fish sign <>< on a wrist or the birth dates/initials of grandkids interlaced with 'God bless', etc would supposedly somehow make the person inwardly and spiritually unqualified to have fellowship with the Lord and with other Christians; I just don't see it.

The ear piercing that you mention has become a custom, freely undertaken widely.

In a sense as well, so has tattooing. Michelle Gallo-Kohlas said:

“’Most of my clients are in the older bracket,’ Gallo-Kohlas told The Huffington Post. ‘We see a lot of women in their sixties and seventies getting their first tattoos.’ Gallo-Kohlas recalls a woman in her sixties who got a tattoo because everyone in the golf clique at her gated community had one. It seemed like the thing to do in order to fit in.’ source: huffingtonpost.com

Like you say, [MENTION=47381]reba[/MENTION], the Christian doesn't have to look Amish. Neither pierced ears or tattoos are strictly necessary, but it's up to the individual reasonably exercising Romans 14 Christian liberty.

Blessings.
<O:tongue</O< font>

Originally Posted by farouk
Anyway, you'll probably find that quite a number of the other Air Force wives connected with dh's base have had it done. Or at least will do eventually.
[I said:
forgiven[/I]]
It was actually the army he was in, we were at Fort Drum, NY above the Syracuse area. But yes alot of them did! And tats actually seem more popular back in my home town though where we are now..... hence the reason I feel it would be a great witness opportunity.
@forgiven :

Yes, well it doesn't surprise me that you know many military wives who are tattooed.

Seems that military wives especially would have very strong reasons to want to be tattooed with designs about God, His protection of family and country.

And yes, you are right, for born again military wives, about it being a great potential for great witness opportunities, so I can well understand why you want to add a Bible verse tattoo to your existing ones.

Blessings.

I couldn't agree more.

When you point this out to people they insist you're wrong and just close their eyes and ears to the truth. That is, right after they tell you about the innocent little, church-going housewife and mother experimenting with a little butterfly tattoo on her whatever.

as a bad habit, when I see the mothers who had tats and are attractive in church. I assumed that they were promiscuous in the their former lives.it may not be true but its a learned habit from what I saw and observed in the army and life amongst that type of whoring.

Originally Posted by farouk
Anyway, you'll probably find that quite a number of the other Air Force wives connected with dh's base have had it done. Or at least will do eventually.
[I said:
forgiven[/I]]
It was actually the army he was in, we were at Fort Drum, NY above the Syracuse area. But yes alot of them did! And tats actually seem more popular back in my home town though where we are now..... hence the reason I feel it would be a great witness opportunity.
@forgiven :

Yes, well it doesn't surprise me that you know many military wives who are tattooed.

Seems that military wives especially would have very strong reasons to want to be tattooed with designs about God, His protection of family and country.

And yes, you are right, for born again military wives, about it being a great potential for great witness opportunities, so I can well understand why you want to add a Bible verse tattoo to your existing ones.

Blessings.
actually, in the old school army and services. there was a ban on tattoos .wearing them openly was punishable and you were rejected if you had them in the face and neck. that has changed .

actually, in the old school army and services. there was a ban on tattoos .wearing them openly was punishable and you
were rejected if you had them in the face and neck. that has changed .
[MENTION=11841]jasoncran[/MENTION]:

Well, okay.

Actually, [MENTION=96530]forgiven[/MENTION] has been a military wife in her time. We were particularly discussing military wives, and the fact that it's among military wives that there is always likely to be a particularly high proportion who are, or might have strong reasons to wish to become, tattooed.

(Including with faith, family and patriotic design themes.)

But I take your point, thanks.

farouk, I know what you meant but I have been in since 91, I believe the ban was lifted in 03. how the spouses had tattoos so forth wasn't discussed much but I believe that if it was bad enough and it was noticed at a company function. they would be told to cover it up.

farouk, I know what you meant but I have been in since 91, I believe the ban was lifted in 03. how the spouses had tattoos so forth wasn't discussed much but I believe that if it was bad enough and it was noticed at a company function. they would be told to cover it up.
@jasoncran :

Well, okay.

I guess @forgiven and I weren't particularly focussing on the idea of military wives being 'on parade' or public scrutiny, or anything like that.

Just that among military wives it's particularly prevalent.

And often their tattoos reflect faith themes, etc.

But you make a good and reasonable point as well.

Blessings.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back