Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Satan's Great Lie

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
To understand the darkness which veils someone's sight, we need to be clear of the disposition of this veiled person.

The doctrine of universal reconciliation is false and thus complete folly, and therefore anyone who would choose to stand on this false folly ground will and must suffer the consequences of doing so. The consequences being..... a falling away from God light, into and ever deepening abyss of darkness.

This does not mean that this person cannot speak, and even quote scriptures, for the author of darkness in men, Satan, himself can quote the scriptures. But what it does mean is that there can never be any truth in this person's speaking, as this speaking is a mixture of light and darkness and is of no value other than to be ignored and cast out.

With these words.....

Litebeam said:
Litebeam wrote:

I take it you don’t believe that God can and will save everyone? Don’t you know that the Sovereign Lord of All Creation sent His Son to save the world? The whole world!

...... Litebeam has declared that he or she is one with the Satanic ministry that is against God, a ministry that is banned from being spoken on these boards for this very reason.

It is now clear to me that Litebeam is not here for the edification and building up of the body, but for creating a distraction in an attempt to cause saints to perhaps enter into doubt. And because this is what I believe, I will no longer welcome Litebeam as a saint, but as a usurper of God's divine way for men.

Therefore, I will no longer speak to him, but to others of him and the lie that he would attempt to perpetuate.

In love,
cj

cj

Sorry that’s the way you see things. I pray you will learn better.

You claim free will.

You deny that God is Absolute Sovereign Lord Of All Creation, past, present and future.

You believe that God can’t save the world.

You accuse, judge and condemn those that don’t agree with you.

You believe you chose God.

Welcome to the majority.

The majority are convinced of their "free will." Free will goes hand and hand with doctrine of eternal suffering, damnation, and destruction. It is all the same doctrine of Satan.

The majority think they "chose God" with their "free will." That is a large part of why they believe the rest of Satan's lies, like hell and torment, or that GOD CAN'T SAVE HIS CHILDREN.

Only "the smart ones" who chose God will be in Heaven. Never mind those who don't have many brains to work with, or can't read and comprehend well enough to understand all those scriptures in the Bible.

Never mind the uneducated, or the ones who are living in third world countries who have to spend what little energy they have trying to round up a few scraps of food everyday.

Never mind those who are fighting for mere survival.

Never mind the mentally challenged or the insane.

Never mind the weak and the poor.

The “smart ones†know it will only be those with the time and the resources to learn and study God’s word fully that will ever be in Heaven. ( except for those Universalistic Guys ).

The smart ones know it will only be “those that chose†that will be saved. They know everyone else will be destroyed or suffer UNIMAGINABLE TORMENT FOREVER with no possibility of parole, because they didn’t “choose God.â€Â

I could go on, believe me I could but I won’t. Hopefully my point has been made.

I can no more shame anyone into believing God will save everyone than they can be convinced by reason.

Only God’s Spirit can or will convince anyone. He does the choosing not us.

I would sooner sign up for the eternal suffering or destruction, than to spend eternity in the company of those who are so self-righteous and heartless. At least until God shows them the error of their ways. As He will. As He has shown the few already.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not a universalist.

I follow Christ and give Him my whole heart. I believe in Jesus and the One who sent Him, believe God's word, obey it and walk in love, forgiveness, and faith. Total trust in The Absolute Sovereign Lord and Father of All Creation, past, present and future.

It’s pretty hard to fit on a label. I suppose there are those that will try. The poor dears.

Goodbye cj

God bless you!

Matthew 12:37

"For by your words you shall be justified, and by your words you shall be condemned."

Litebeam said:
Thank God that isn’t what the Bible teaches! How can people be blamed because God didn’t call them out, didn’t enable them to walk by faith, or to do His Will? It doesn’t add up does it? Are some people better than others? Nop

Litebeam said:
You ask when all will be saved. On judgement day, many who refuse Christ will be judged and sentenced to a time without God. Not forever and ever as we are taught. I will give one look at the definition of eternity at the end of this post. When people are being sentenced to a very, very long time of further refinement in the "Fire" of God's Holy Spirit, while others are going on to a heavenly existence beyond all imagining, it will seem like Hell, I’m sure. Quite sure.

Litebeam said:
As to Hitler, as far as I know He never repented of His sins. So on judgement day He will be sentenced to a very, very long time of further refinement in the "Fire" of God's Holy Spirit. God is quite capable of making sure the punishment fit’s the crime. Who knows what worlds, what trials and tribulations await those who rebel against God to bring them into repentance? God does! He knows what He is doing. There is not one atom or molecule out of place. All is according to His will. Yes God will save the whole world and everything in it, just as His Word says.

For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved. John 3:16

Litebeam said:
Eventually all will repent, all will bend their knee when they begin to understand the Grace of God who saves.

-(and for this we labour and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, and especially of those who believe. (1 Timothy 4:10)

Those who believe God’s word know that eventually all will be saved. It is amazing how many will refute that. God is the author of every single life, every event, every circumstance that causes men to choose.

Litebeam said:
God doesn’t need to force His love on us. God is love! There is none who can resist Him. He will bring us all into the Light of His Glory.

Litebeam said:
I take it you don’t believe that God can and will save everyone? Don’t you know that the Sovereign Lord of All Creation sent His Son to save the world? The whole world!

Litebeam said:
I can no more shame anyone into believing God will save everyone than they can be convinced by reason.

Litebeam said:
I am not a universalist.

Matthew 12:37

"For by your words you shall be justified, and by your words you shall be condemned."

In love,
cj

cj

Sorry the universalist label doesn't stick. They believe in free will.

I follow Christ and give Him my whole heart. I believe in Him and the One who sent Him, believe God's word, obey it and walk in love, forgiveness, and faith. Total trust in The Absolute Sovereign Lord and Father of All Creation, past, present and future.

It’s pretty hard to fit on a label. I suppose there are those that will try. The poor dears.

Scriptural ignorance.....

Litebeam said:
The majority are convinced of their "free will." Free will goes hand and hand with doctrine of eternal suffering, damnation, and destruction. It is all the same doctrine of Satan.

Scriptural light......

3 John  1 : 9, "I wrote something to the church; but Diotrephes, who loves to be first among them, does not receive us."

Matthew  23 : 6, "And they love the place of honor at the dinners and the chief seats in the synagogues"

Mark  12 : 38 ---- Mark  12 : 39, "And in His teaching He said, Beware of the scribes, who like to walk around in long robes, and like greetings in the marketplaces and chief seats in the synagogues and places of honor at the dinners,"

Luke  11 : 43, "Woe to you, Pharisees! For you love the chief seat in the synagogues and the greetings in the marketplaces."

Luke  20 : 46, "Beware of the scribes, who like to walk around in long robes, and love greetings in the marketplaces and chief seats in the synagogues and places of honor at the dinners,"

2 John  1 : 9, "Everyone who goes beyond and does not abide in the teaching of Christ does anot have God; he who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son."

Luke 9:48, "And He said to them, Whoever receives this little child because of My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me receives Him who sent Me; for he who is least among you all, this one is great."

Although the bible has no reference to "the doctrine of Satan", which is the first mis-speaking of Litebeam, in the same sense of God having a "way" by which men can walk with Him, so toodoes Satan, the wicked counterfeiter, have a "way" also. This "way" of Satan is one of PRIDE, and not, as Litebeam's erroneous understanding of scripture would have us believe.

1 Timothy 3:6, "Not a new convert, lest being blinded with pride he fall into the judgment suffered by the devil."

1 Timothy 6:4, "He is blinded with pride, understanding nothing, but is diseased with questionings and contentions of words, out of which come envy, strife, slanders, evil suspicions,"

2 Timothy 3:4, "Traitors, reckless, blinded with pride, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,"

In Ezekiel 28, we see where Lucifer was cast down/judged as a result of his pride. This pride was the root cause of his unrighteousness, and was the iniquity that was found in him by God.

Romans  12 : 2, "And do not be fashioned according to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of the mind that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and well pleasing and perfect."

The mind of a man is the leading aspect of a man's soul (mind/emotion/will). The will of a man the the aspect that work's out the mind of this man. Therefore, the will follows the mind, or in other words, is subject to the mind.

This tells us that it is the mind that must be corrupt in order for the will to produce corrupt actions; hence, Paul's admonition to the renewing of our minds.

From this, we can learn that the matter of "free will" is not the real matter, rather the real consideration is the matter of a prideful mind.

A prideful mind is the manifestation in man, of God's adversary. And this "prideful mind" is exposed in the will of men, the free will of men. Meaning, a will that can freely express God's mind, or Satan's mind.

To suggest that "free-will" is a Satanic doctrine is scriptural ignorance, one which takes the focus off of the main consideration by distracting believers away from the matter of renewing our minds.

Where your mind goes your will follows.

Satan does not attack one's will, but attacks one's mind.

Saint's, don't become distract away from the truth/light contained in scripture, by the speaking of those who seek to add to scripture.

Don't be anxious about your free will so much, be concerned with the renewing of your mind in Christ, and spontanously you will find your free will and the Lord's will becoming one.

In love,
cj

Free will is nothing but "self righteousness".It gives man credit for his own salvation.

Litebeam,

Most Universalist do not believe in free will, some do. Like you, I do not like labels. I don't like the label UR or Universalist, because that sometimes puts you in the same catagory of their beliefs and even Universalist have many different beliefs that are different from mine.

I do not belong to any organization here on earth, but I am a member of God's Ekklesia and I do believe that all will be saved eventually. I do have friends who are of different denominations, Baptist, Seventh Day Adventist, Pentacostal, Methodists, Universalists, you name it. I do not belong to any of these denominations. They all have some of the truth, but none have all of the truth. I would have to say that Universalist are closest to the truth than the rest.

Some people who believe in the salvation of all don't even know what UR is. I have a friend who believes that all will be saved and I mentioned UR to her and she said "what is UR".

Charlotte

Free will, eh? Hmmm.....

Here are my thoughts on the free will question:

1. Man does have some free will - some degree of freedom to autonomously choose what he will do in any given circumstance.

2. God is therefore not 100 % sovereign over every single act in the Universe. In order for me to freely choose blueberry pie (mmmm...pie), it cannot be the case the case that God determines (pre-destines, etc.) that I will do so. By the very meanings of the terms involved, if man has any free will at all, God's sovereignty (on a "micro-sovereignty" interpretation where God pre-destines the world at the "event" level) is limted.

3. God is still sovereign at the "purpose" level - his purposes will be fulfilled no matter free will choices men make. This is possible because, although man has free will, it is much weaker than we think - we are free, but not really all that free. God "holds most of the cards" - he can accomplish his intentions despite the free will choices men make.

Drew,

We are clay, what can clay do? Doesn't the potter pick the clay up, put it on the wheel, take it off and if it doesn't suit him he puts it back on the wheel and changes its shape. Now, tell me what part the clay played in all of this? Just what did the clay do to cause the potter to perform anything? Like I said before, "free will is nothing but self righteousness".

Charlotte

Charlotte

You are quite right. I really didn’t mean to suggest that all Universalist believe in free will, just that the attempt to attach such a label to me really wasn’t warranted.

I also agree that Universalist are closer to the truth than the rest even though I cringe at the label involved, labels are extremely dangerous. I think true followers of Christ might be a less misleading description.

You are right on target with “the clay†analogy. Free will is nothing but "self righteousness".

Joh 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

By ourselves we can do nothing!

God bless!

Drew

You are expressing the viewpoint of the majority. The majority do not see a difference between “choice†and “free will.â€Â

God spoke the whole creation into existence, everything, past, present and future. Everything that has ever happened or will happen. The worldly view is that God created everything then went to sleep on His throne. Things have been just sort of been happening on their own ever since.

God made everything and everybody, every life, mind and creature, everything!

John 1:3
Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Don’t take my word for it. Don’t take anyone’s word for it, except God’s.

If you seek the Lord God with all your heart, obey Him and study His word diligently and pray for His wisdom and understanding, God will reveal the truth to you. Otherwise, like the vast majority, you will not understand that God is The Absolute Sovereign Lord Of All Creation, past present and future.

He is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. He is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent. He is God Almighty!

The majority underestimate the infinite Father of All Things. Will you make the same mistake? Will you seek God’s Help?

GOD MADE YOU! He created you and everyone who ever lived. He knows you so intimately He even knows the number of the hairs on your head.

He created your heart. Of course He knows what you will “chooseâ€Â. HE KNOWS EVERYTHING, HE CREATED EVERYTHING.

If you want to believe in a “sort of sometimes Sovereign God†go right ahead. Welcome to the majority.

Here is the second part of the original post. I have been meaning to post it for a while now. It is not directed at you or any one else. I pray you or whoever reads it will find it helpful.

Satan’s Great Lie cont…..

God created the universe, He made you, He made the day you are experiencing, He made the restaurant you are sitting in, He made the sun, wind, earth and rain, He made the apple tree, He made the apples grow, He made the person that made the apple pie, He cleared the traffic jam in time for you to get to the restaurant and get the last piece of apple pie. He created it all, past, present and future. Everything!

He did not create the universe and go to sleep. He is intimately concerned and acquainted with every single detail, there is not one atom or molecule out of place, not one. Still with me? I hope so!

Now read this again very carefully…..

Suppose a person goes to a restaurant, sits down, has a meal, dessert menu comes along. There is apple pie and blueberry pie to "choose" from. Does God say you will eat apple pie? Not exactly. God knows us so intimately, every breath, heartbeat, even the number of the hairs on our head. He knows life has been stressful lately, or perhaps that things haven't been going to well at work lately, or the kids have been a little much to handle, as well as every other single factor in our lives.

It's raining outside the window, kinda cold out, and this person finds apple pie a little more comforting than blueberry pie. God knows it will be apple pie. He knows everything, about everybody. There is not one atom out of place. Can the world understand it? Not until God brings you there.

God creates the circumstances. All of them! Otherwise there would be nothing to choose from, would there? Understand, we have choice. We are free to choose! Apple or blueberry! The fact that God knows you so intimately cares about you so deeply as to have you sitting in that chair eating the last piece of your favourite pie hasn’t even entered your mind. We get all shook up because we don’t like the idea of not having free will.

Go ahead. Eat a slice of blueberry too. No one said you can’t have blueberry pie, or both kinds. You are missing the whole point.

God made sure you got an education, gave you the brains and the tenacity to work hard and hold down a good job, save a few bucks. He knows yesterday was payday and you’ve got $84.13 in your pocket. He knows you don’t have to worry about when you spend that money, or what on. He knows your restaurant bill is on $10.45. He knows you have money in the bank. He knows everything.

So, have the blueberry pie! He made it possible. Yes, He knows you prefer apple, He knows you’re too full to have blueberry pie, that your favourite apple pie filled you up. He knows everything!

Do you see how free you really are? Half the world has never seen pie, let alone had some. How blessed you are!

Now get out a mirror and look in it. Do you see the person that thinks God doesn’t have their best interests at heart? Do you see the person that thinks God is manipulating them and controlling them? Telling them what to do. Do you see the person that thinks they know better than God Almighty who created everything and everyone in existence, designed every life down to the nth detail, what is best for them? Do you see the person that doesn’t believe God is The Sovereign Lord?

Do you see the person that needs “free will†more than they need an intimate relationship with The God and Father of All Creation? Do you see the person who doesn’t trust God?

Hard questions, I know. It can’t be helped. If we don’t ask them of ourselves and admit to them, we remain deluded. We will continue to believe as the vast majority do.
We will listen to the “voice of reason†and believe the worldly views and cling to our “beliefs†until God enables us to break free. If we are so blessed.

Do you really want to know God’s truth? It leads to a lot of self examination. I’ve answered yes to the above questions. You can’t do it alone, no one can.

We need Jesus! God’s Holy Spirit teaching us, guiding us, enabling us to overcome the spiritual forces in this sinful, fallen world that are intent on keeping us deluded!

God bless!

Litebeam,

Absolutely right!!! I believe from the time of Adam till now, things have been like a domino effect. One thing happens so another thing will happen and this will be so right up till Christ returns. I think God planned everything, every detail. Everything will happen just the way He planned it unless He decides differently and changes things, maybe because of a prayer which even then he puts in our hearts to do.

I wish the world could see this. Religion has shrunk God down to such a small, unpowerful, unloving, and vengeful God and have exalted themselves and Satan. Some will want to crucify you for saying this but it is the truth. Some want nothing to do with those who think like this, those who exalt God are considered heretics and workers of Satan. It is simply amazing to me. :-? :-?

Charlotte

Romans 6:16,

"Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves as slaves for obedience, his slaves you are whom you obey, whether of sin unto death or of obedience unto righteousness?

Strange speaking here from Paul....... first he says "whom YOU present YOURSELF to", then he says "his slaves you are whom you obey"...... Therefore, even if it is Jesus (righteousness) that we present ourselves to we are still slaves (not free).

But, Jesus Himself says in John 8:36...."If therefore the Son sets you free, you shall be free indeed."

Hmmmmmm,.... Paul says even if you choose the Son we are still slaves, but the Son says if we choose Him we are free.

What gives?

See, ignorance means darkness of knowledge, and Litebeam abides in ignorance regarding the truth of scripture.

Litebeam in fact has no clue as to what a "free-will" is, and thus discusses the matter out of darkness. Hence the many errors.

Any person who has given themselves to the Lord ought to know that in His word God declares very eloquently that it is He who upholds all things in creation. This fact is not in question, yet Litebeam will constantly inject the sovereignty of God into this discussion as though it is what reveals the truth regarding the matter of "free-will". But it is not. For God could sovereignly arrange things so that creatures could make choices apart from Gods sovereign will. Which is in fact exactly what He has done.

In Litebeam's ignorance is the exclusion of God's wisdom, in fact, I don't believe I've come across any speaking by Litebeam concerning God's wisdom.

Yet, divine wisdom is a key element, an upholding pillar of God's sovereignty. And it is in, and out of, this divine wisdom that we find God relating to His creation.

The truth is, God declared that He will gain glory by creating creatures with a will of their own (meaning that these creatures can chose their path apart from God), and by His excercised wisdom, in His love, bring these free-willed creatures to Himself out of their own choice.

Thus when a person ignorantly declares that men do not have a free-will, this person is denying what God has done, and is therefore against God, no matter how much this same person loudly states "I love Jesus, and I serve God!"

Oh have we forgotten that Peter, after declaring that he loved the Lord, then served Satan by denying the One who he said he loved.

Unfortunately, darkness only brings more darkness, thus we have many believers shouting "I love Jesus, and I serve God!"...... yet, one day Jesus Himself will say to these, "I never knew you. Depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness."

Matthew 7:21-23,

"Not every one who says to Me, Lord, Lord, will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but he who cdoes the will of My Father who is in the heavens. Many will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, was it not in Your name that we prophesied, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name did many works of power? And then I will declare to them: I never knew you. Depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness."

Matthew 25:30

"And cast out the useless slave into the outer darkness. In that place there will be the weeping and the gnashing of teeth."

In love,
cj

Hello Charlotte and Litebeam:

I think that the Bible is full of references to free will. Consider the follwing text from Jonah 3:

6 When the news reached the king of Nineveh, he rose from his throne, took off his royal robes, covered himself with sackcloth and sat down in the dust. 7 Then he issued a proclamation in Nineveh:
"By the decree of the king and his nobles:
Do not let any man or beast, herd or flock, taste anything; do not let them eat or drink. 8 But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth. Let everyone call urgently on God. Let them give up their evil ways and their violence. 9 Who knows? God may yet relent and with compassion turn from his fierce anger so that we will not perish."

10 When God saw what they did and how they turned from their evil ways, he had compassion and did not bring upon them the destruction he had threatened."

If we interpret this text in a "common sense" way "as it reads", it seems to strongly suggest that people chose to give up their evil ways.

Now of course one can argue that the text only appears to attribute choice to the people - that God was really in charge of the "choice" that they made. Does that seem reasonable?

Biblical issues aside, I think it is patently clear to our consciences that punishment cannot be just if there is no free will - no option for the person to choose the right path. Let's say that a man is sitting in his front yard minding his own business when a tornado picks him up and drops him in the neighbours yard right on top of a child, killing that child. Is the man deserving of punishment? I think we would all agree that he is not. Why? Because he had no free will, no "choice" to avoid what happened.

In common day to day life, everyone realizes that punishment is not warranted in the absence of free will, in the absence of choice to "do otherwise". Yet, somehow some people think it is just for God to create people for destruction.

We are not clay - we are entities with the ability to feel pain and suffer. I submit that a truly loving God would not create beings destined for an eternity of suffering, without such a fate being truly deserved. And one cannot deserve punishment if one does not have the freedom to "do the right thing".

One final comment. Perhaps one or both of you are URers (shhh!!!). If one believes that all will ultimately be re-united to God, then the specific objection that I raise above does not apply. However, I have other reasons for believing in free will as well.

Litebeam said:
Satan’s Great Lie cont…..

God created the universe, He made you, He made the day you are experiencing, He made the restaurant you are sitting in, He made the sun, wind, earth and rain, He made the apple tree, He made the apples grow, He made the person that made the apple pie, He cleared the traffic jam in time for you to get to the restaurant and get the last piece of apple pie. He created it all, past, present and future. Everything!

He did not create the universe and go to sleep. He is intimately concerned and acquainted with every single detail, there is not one atom or molecule out of place, not one. Still with me? I hope so!

Now read this again very carefully…..

.................. God creates the circumstances. All of them! Otherwise there would be nothing to choose from, would there? Understand, we have choice. We are free to choose! Apple or blueberry! The fact that God knows you so intimately cares about you so deeply as to have you sitting in that chair eating the last piece of your favourite pie hasn’t even entered your mind. We get all shook up because we don’t like the idea of not having free will..........

.............. Hard questions, I know. It can’t be helped. If we don’t ask them of ourselves and admit to them, we remain deluded. We will continue to believe as the vast majority do.
We will listen to the “voice of reason†and believe the worldly views and cling to our “beliefs†until God enables us to break free. If we are so blessed.

Do you really want to know God’s truth? It leads to a lot of self examination. I’ve answered yes to the above questions. You can’t do it alone, no one can.

We need Jesus! God’s Holy Spirit teaching us, guiding us, enabling us to overcome the spiritual forces in this sinful, fallen world that are intent on keeping us deluded!

And right in these words of Litebeam we can see this person's utterly confused mind.

See, Litebeam is not discussing what Litebeam thinks....... frre-will is not at the center of what Litebeam is speaking about,...... God gaining His glory regardless of a creatures will being apart from His is what Litebeam is speaking of.

Notice how many times Litebeam refers to the choices we need to make given the environment God places us in........ the choices we must make.

Over and over again Litebeam, though this thread and other threads, has said the same thing........ "I decide", "we decide"....... and yet Litebeam cannot adequately define what this "I decide", "we decide" represents.

Well, lets help Litbeam......... it represents our free-will.

Litebeam, there is no more glorious thing than when, out of our free will, we turn to God (as a result of all the inward and outward dealings He has done with us) and love Him, and appreciate Him for who He is.

Freely you have received a will of your own, freely give your will to He who gave it to you.

This is why believers become God's glory. Because of what He has accomplished in us.

He gave us freedom, and we in love and appreciation said "Lord, I give it to You."

In this we see the working out of the perfect marriage....... for the woman willingly (out of a free will) gives herself to become one with the man whom she marries.

And this is the Church, the corporate woman who out of a free-will gives herself to her Betrothed, the Lord, to become His Bride for a day, and wife for eternity.

The Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, will not receive a Bride that has been forced into marriage, but one who has freely come out of a willing heart.

In the OT we can see the typology of this in the relating of Abraham, Isaac, and Rebekah.

In Genesis 24:57 & 58, we see the following.....

"And they said, Let us call the girl and ask her.And they called Rebekah and said to her, Will you go with this man? And she said, I will go."

Rebekah did not have to go, but she made a decision of her free-will to go.

There is no scripture that says that God softened her heart to make this decision, or coaxed her in anyway.

Yet surely God had been in control of her entire life experiences, through His sovereign control of all things in creation.

But the choice was out of her free-will.

And so it is with every man.

In love,
cj

cj

I guess you just can’t grasp that free will and pride go hand in hand. I’m glad to see you finally admit that you claim free will.

I see you still don’t understand that God has free will, we have choice.

God is the author and creator of every single event, every circumstance that allows men to “chooseâ€Â. He created all that is in the world from beginning to end. Every life, mind, thing on this planet. He is God Almighty!

What comes out of a man is what makes him ‘unclean.’ For from within, out of men’s hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. All these things come from inside and make a man ‘unclean.’ (Mark 7:20-23)

Our hearts are being tested. We will all be shown the truth of all scripture.

We will be shown that without God, we make very poor choices indeed.

God bless!

Charlotte

You are correct. God spoke the whole creation into existence from beginning to end. He is the author of every cause, effect and circumstance that allows men to “choose.†He created each and every one of us and knows us so intimately that He knows what we will “choose†every single time.

Everything is transpiring according to His will. Anything we pray for and believe is already done for us through Christ Jesus.

The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

It is truly amazing and fascinating what goes on in this world. All we can do is pray for our brothers and sisters who are in hard bondage to Satan. God will set them free soon. Soon by His reckoning.

I believe we are very close to beginning the 7 years of tribulation. It isn’t very far to go now. God’s kingdom will soon come.

It won’t be long until they will persecute those who believe as you and I do.

Just a guess, I would sooner have my head chopped off than let them put a chip or mark in me. I imagine you feel the same way.

Only those who have given God their whole hearts, put His will ahead of their own wants and desires, obey Him and turn away from sin will be enabled by God to understand His truth in the here and now.

I am going to repost my writing, God’s Love part 1 thru 8. I hope you will look for it, take the time to read it and find it helpful.

God bless you and keep you!

According to Litebeam's dark reasoning, the fact that God can't freely not be righteous, holy, and sovereign, must mean that God does not have a free-will, as He is bound by what He is.

What ignorance.

The dark reasoning of Litebeam says that a free-will is not a will that has the freedom to make a choice, but a free-will is simply another way of describing the source of creation.

Yet God cannot not create, so I guess by this dark reasoning of Litebeam God must also not have a free-will.

Ooohhh boy, we got a live one here.

In love,
cj

cj

You know, with every post you make you further display your lack of understanding.

God bless you!

Drew

Think hard and pray even harder. Free will is a powerful delusion that has the majority completely fooled.

CHOICE:

God is the author and creator of every single event, every circumstance that allows men to “chooseâ€Â. He knows what we will choose every time. He created our hearts. He created every single thing. Every circumstance, cause and event.

FREE WILL:

Free will assumes we can actually supersede God's will and do what we want. That we can thwart His plans and He must respond to us.

The majority will never understand in the here and now. Only those who give God their whole hearts, obey Him turn from sin and study His word dilligently will be enabled by God to understand His truth.

There is not one single scripture that says we have free will. Not even one.

Jesus Christ the Son of God sought only to do the will of His Father.

John 6:38
For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.

Revelation 2:26
To him who overcomes and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nationsâ€â€

Think hard! Pray harder! It is a battle for your mind. Seek God's Wisdom.

Litebeam said:

"we have choice"...... yes we do, but so do animals.

Which is pretty much what the ignorance of Litebeam is declaring, that men are liken to animals.

But this is understandable, for this is Satan's desire, that men see themselves as animals and thus behave as animals.

The scriptures themselves tell us this...... like a dog returns to its vomit, snakes and vipers, and pigs. When men fall they become as animals.

But dear saints, God trusts Himself far more than you or I know or inagine...... God's faith is so great that He can actually give man a free-will and still accomplish what He desires.

How great is our God.

And yet the fool Satan would have us believe that God is not able to do this and thus men cannot have been given a free-will,....... thereby denying the word of God which declares that men were created with a free-will, for men were created in God's image and likeness. And even Satan cannot say that God, in His image and likeness does not have a free-will.

There is only one aspect of God that the first Adam did not receive at creation, God's life, divine life.

This life, in His wisdom, God decided, man must make a decision of his free-will to receive, and thus He placed the tree of life in the garden that man may eat from it by man's own free-will.

And this has been the center of God's economy ever since.

And with good reason....... Satan rebelled against God by an action of will, and in order to recover the situation in His creation God has chosen to reverse what Satan has done by first creating a lower being than Satan, then giving this being a free-will, and then as a response to His expressed love, gaining a free-will response of love from this lower creature for Himself.

God defeats Satan by the free-will response of men.

And saints, Satan will do anything and everything to keep this light/knowledge from you.

See Santan for who he is, and understand the ways of God's adversary.

Only a person ignorant of who God really is, would blindly give themself to be Satan's pawn, by making a declaration that God is unable to give a creature a free-will and not still maintain His sovereignty.

In love,
cj

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back