Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Should Christian women be able to teach Christian men?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
That's what I did. I gave my view. Or am I to hold back my view because someone disagrees with it?lL
LOL.... NOPE.... you are FREE to give your view... and I think that is what for_his_glory is saying... She is quite aware that most here are disagreeing with her "view".... however... she is able to express it... debate it... and own it without being pounded over the head by others.... It's called respectful communication. How else are we to understand scripture properly if we aren't allowed to honestly chew it and talk about it? I used to think that everyone believed the same thing.... I was HORRIFIED when I first discovered this was NOT true... I have come to see that we are truly at DIFFERENT places in our walk.. and our understanding.... THE thing that remains the same is that we are ALL HIS KIDS... trying to work out our own salvation with trembling and fear.

If you had come from where I have just come from... you would appreciate this new found FREEDOM. This atmosphere of free and respectful communication is PRECIOUS... so crossnote let 'er RIP.... just don't pound anyone... or accuse them of being an easy target for the NAZI.... HAHAHA ( that was OUR joke ).

Last edited:
Junia (Romans 16:7): In this verse we see Paul sending greetings to Andronicus and Junia, his "fellow-prisoners" who are of note among the apostles. Junia is a woman's name. In some modern translations, an "s" has been added (Junias) because the translators were so sure a woman could not be an apostle, that they assumed a copyist has accidentally dropped the "s." However the proper male ending would have been "ius," not "ias." No church commentator earlier than the Middle Ages questioned that Junia was both a woman and an apostle.
Actually, -ias is a legitimate masculine ending if the name was Greek. What you say is true if the names were Latin/Roman. But the oldest and best texts have Junia - Roman feminine name. It seems to me that we indeed had a woman apostle. We certainly had a woman bible teacher in Priscilla.

This atmosphere of free and respectful communication is PRECIOUS... so @crossnote let 'er RIP.... just don't pound anyone... or accuse them of being an easy target for the NAZI.... HAHAHA ( that was OUR joke ).
oic what this is all about. I was wondering why I continually got badgered about something I cleared up with a Mod a couple of days ago. I thanked the Mod for his admonishment.
Well that atmosphere would be less polluted if people didn’t hang on to, and pamper their grudges.
I have a ‘blunt and to the point’ personality, so proceed accordingly.

oic what this is all about. I was wondering why I continually got badgered about something I cleared up with a Mod a couple of days ago. I thanked the Mod for his admonishment.
Well that atmosphere would be less polluted if people didn’t hang on to, and pamper their grudges.
I have a ‘blunt and to the point’ personality, so proceed accordingly.
I have no idea what you are referring to... I brought my issue directly to you... and if you notice... I have even joked about it... so.... that was what my post was all about.... One can be blunt and to the point without accusing others of things.

I have NO issues with you or anyone else... I too can be blunt and to the point.

Only giving the full context of scripture for what has already been written. It doesn't matter if you agree or not as many do not do a deeper study in this matter, but take one scripture at face value. I know I heard the voice of the Lord calling me into His ministry many years ago and set me before men to teach them.
I believe there is a line that should not be crossed.
Mainly the Sunday morning sermon with full families in attendance.
Places for women to speak are "like camps, conferences, seminars, seminary classes, and workshops".
Services on Wednesday and the like that are geared towards women, even if men are in attendance.
Sunday morning on Mother's day, with the pastor's blessings, and other times sharing the pulpit with a pastor that deals with issues both for men and women.

But how about here on the forum?
Does a woman cross the line when she jumps at every chance to take control of a thread and have her say top all others?
In doing so, I believe the bias of the women's point of view takes precedence over all other view points of other contributors.
There is nothing in Scripture that calls for this.
Again, a male leader needs to control things or else they will always be out of hand.

I have no idea what you are referring to... I brought my issue directly to you... and if you notice... I have even joked about it... so.... that was what my post was all about.... One can be blunt and to the point without accusing others of things.

I have NO issues with you or anyone else... I too can be blunt and to the point.
I wasn't referring to you directly, and besides, this thread isn't about me, it's about whether or not Christian women should teach men.
Back to the topic!

Does a woman cross the line when she jumps at every chance to take control of a thread and have her say top all others?
In doing so, I believe the bias of the women's point of view takes precedence over all other view points of other contributors.
If you think this is what I do you are very wrong. Yes, I am a woman, yes I come here to help teach the word of God, but yet will never take control over anyone else whether it be a man or a woman as we are ever learning. I'm opened to anyone, male or female, who wants to teach me for after all it is not he or she that teach, but the Holy Spirit using them to teach. If you have a problem with that then I feel sorry for you.

Scripture gives no details of the movements of the Apostles between when they fled at His arrest early Thursday morning and Sunday morning. But it is clear that many of His disciples, both men and women were at His crucifixion Thursday afternoon.

The fact that Mary was the first to learn of Jesus’ resurrection has nothing to do with the COMMANDMENT that women are not to have AUTHORITY over men. She was not exercising authority, she was passing along knowledge. She was not instructing them in Scripture, she was telling them happy news. Many other ladies did similar things in Scripture, but none of them (in the New Testament) were given authority over men. Nor is a woman capable of being the “husband of one wife” to be able to qualify as an elder.
I already gave the scriptures that only John and the four Mary's were present, plus a great multitude of people. I also gave scripture about Jesus telling His disciples they would abandon Him that night and where they fled to. So why are you questing that which is already written?

A man should always exercise his Spiritually authority as being the head of his household, but yet when it comes to the true Church of Christ being the body of Christ with He being the head of the body it is the Holy Spirit that gives out Spiritual gifts to all whether it be a man or a woman as it pleases God to do so for the purpose and order of His ministry, not a mans ministry, 1 Corinthians Chapter 12.

I appreciate how you stick to what you believe, and as I said, I agree with most of what you said. But there is still the error of you saying that “the husband of one wife” could be a woman. This is not “inclusive “ language. It is clearly limited to MEN to fill the office of elder, and men ONLY!
I already explained my understanding of that verse by comparing many other scriptures that help explain it. I never expect others to agree with me, but will always put it out there and let others search the scriptures I give.

You need to be aware of the whole message as it's about the unity of love for one another.
Yes, the Bible is about that too.
Anyhow, as I already stated above, this thread is not about me, it's about "Should Christian women be able to teach Christian men". To keep bringing this back on me only shows me that someone is trying to start something. (So much for Christian unity).

Yes, the Bible is about that too.
Anyhow, as I already stated above, this thread is not about me, it's about "Should Christian women be able to teach Christian men". To keep bringing this back on me only shows me that someone is trying to start something. (So much for Christian unity).
Not bringing anything back on you sir, but only asked you to go read the Community Message as there is very little unity among a few members in this tread.

To each their own study and I have given all I can to this thread for now so will bow out unless I need to come back.

Not bringing anything back on you sir, but only asked you to go read the Community Message as there is very little unity among a few members in this tread.

To each their own study and I have given all I can to this thread for now so will bow out unless I need to come back.
Why would you need to come back?

Let's take this back to the very beginning of God creating male and female as much of the Bible is written as being masculine language.
As many teachers, including my Conservative Jewish rabbi, have said: in the ancient languages, where groups are addressed, the masculine is used if there is only one man and a thousand women.

That only started to change in the last half of the 20th century.

One should NEVER try to read older texts from a modern frame of mind and reference.

Back