Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is our answer in times of need.

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

Speaking in tongues and the Holy Spirit

I was speaking of Paul's apparent suggestion that not all speak in Tongues, ie "do all speak in Tongues?" Just like not all are apostles and should not act like one, so not all speak in Tongues and so not all should exercise a "Prayer Language." This runs contrary to Pentecostal Doctrine which suggests that all should have and exercise a "Prayer Language."

I'm not personally offended by this, since I've been in churches that believe this for more than 50 years! But to advocate for it without at least considering Paul's statement on this matter seems irresponsible, particularly when we are just trusting in the "pastor's discernment." We should consider both the pastor's wisdom as well as what Paul has to say on the matter, right? Absolutely We may disagree, and that's fine, but we should look not just to "discernment of the leadership," but also to the Scriptures. That was my only point.
I answered a single question in your quote above. Bold type and color font never meant to be seen as yelling or argumentative. I hope this clears up what I believe.

As for as Personal prayer language "He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself;" To suppress speaking in tongues to someone or an entire church denies them the opportunity for their spirit to be edified. Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. (Romans 8:26)

The Spirit’s active involvement in our spiritual journey, especially during moments of weakness and uncertainty. The "infirmities" mentioned represent the human limitations and struggles that hinder our ability to fully comprehend or articulate our needs in prayer. The Spirit, being God’s presence within us, steps in to intercede with "groanings which cannot be uttered," symbolizing a deep, divine communication that transcends human language.

Paul's question does not imply that speaking in tongues is unnecessary or limited to only a select few but highlights that within the church, each believer has different roles and gifts. This diversity is a reflection of God’s wisdom in orchestrating a harmonious and effective body of believers. While not all are called to specific offices like apostleship, and not all may operate in tongues within the corporate setting (i.e. Publicly for all to hear, But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God. (1 Corinthians 14:28), the ability to speak in tongues as a "prayer language" is available to all believers as a personal expression of the Spirit’s work within them. It serves as a private, spiritual communion with God, distinct from the public gift of tongues, which requires interpretation for edification. Therefore, Paul’s teaching is not a prohibition but a call to recognize the unique roles within the church while encouraging believers to seek the fullness of the Spirit in their personal walk with God.

I will agree.

There are 12 rules to follow in 1 Corinthians 14 when speaking in a known language.

If one of those rules are broken, it is not from Holy Spirit.

However many people will not apply hermeutical principles and spin the commands that Paul wrote.

I believe the common goal of all true Christians is to bring glory to the Lord in all we do, it is all of Him.

It sadens me that I fail at that.
Those comments are very interesting.

The law of Moses was written in stone. Hard fast not to be broken rules.

IMHO the Corinthian 14 rules are written in hearts and changed mind thinking.

If you use more grace in the rules you speak of, then I tend to agree. If, however, you make the rules too strict and return to a code like the law of Moses.

The law can be used lawfully. The rules if applied in love can guide in peace. This is the fulfilling of the law by Jesus.

A Jewish Christian can probably express this better than eddif.

However I (eddif) did have a period in my life where I was very legalistic.
So
I am not able to fuss when I have been in error myself.

Using the law lawfully requires grace, mercy, gentleness, and yes tough Agape love.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

I don't personally get upset with Group Tongues, which is not what I was specifically thinking of. Rather, I was referring to the *requirement* that the entire Group speak in Tongues in order to qualify as "Spirit-Baptized." Not so much the entire Group speaking at the same time, but the whole Group being required to have the Gift of Tongues.

Although the Scriptures do seem to speak against Tongues in church without interpretation I've lived with Tongues being part of the regular worship for years without being bothered. My wife speaks in Tongues sometimes as we sing in worship, and it bothers nobody. When someone delivers a Tongue more publicly or openly, and no interpretation follows, nothing further Tongue is normally given--no problem.

I was speaking of Paul's apparent suggestion that not all speak in Tongues, ie "do all speak in Tongues?" Just like not all are apostles and should not act like one, so not all speak in Tongues and so not all should exercise a "Prayer Language." This runs contrary to Pentecostal Doctrine which suggests that all should have and exercise a "Prayer Language."

I'm not personally offended by this, since I've been in churches that believe this for more than 50 years! But to advocate for it without at least considering Paul's statement on this matter seems irresponsible, particularly when we are just trusting in the "pastor's discernment." We should consider both the pastor's wisdom as well as what Paul has to say on the matter, right? We may disagree, and that's fine, but we should look not just to "discernment of the leadership," but also to the Scriptures. That was my only point.
You bring up an interesting point.

A kindergarden teacher approach to babes in Christ comes to mind. Maybe not in a worship service but instruction is needed.

A little more low level instruction?

Mississippi redneck
eddif

I answered a single question in your quote above. Bold type and color font never meant to be seen as yelling or argumentative. I hope this clears up what I believe.
Yes, thank you. A bit reactive, but yes--I get it. Pastoral leadership + Scriptural authority. We believe the same.
As for as Personal prayer language "He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself;" To suppress speaking in tongues to someone or an entire church denies them the opportunity for their spirit to be edified. Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. (Romans 8:26)
Why you suggest this I don't know? In our conversations I've not once suggested that we should suppress speaking in Tongues, except with regard to any demand that *all should speak in Tongues,* which Scripture seems to forbid. If someone isn't being given that gift by the Spirit, one should not be encouraged to imitate it/fake it.

The Spirit can "help us in our infirmities" by interceding for us without our speaking in Tongues. We do sense the inadequacy we have in appealilng to God for help. But we know that Christ himself intercedes for us in heaven. Our "groanings" do not have to be "Tongues."
The Spirit’s active involvement in our spiritual journey, especially during moments of weakness and uncertainty. The "infirmities" mentioned represent the human limitations and struggles that hinder our ability to fully comprehend or articulate our needs in prayer. The Spirit, being God’s presence within us, steps in to intercede with "groanings which cannot be uttered," symbolizing a deep, divine communication that transcends human language.
The Scriptures do not say that these "groanings" are "Tongues." For some it may be Tongues, and for others it may simply be cries for help.
Paul's question does not imply that speaking in tongues is unnecessary or limited to only a select few but highlights that within the church, each believer has different roles and gifts. This diversity is a reflection of God’s wisdom in orchestrating a harmonious and effective body of believers. While not all are called to specific offices like apostleship, and not all may operate in tongues within the corporate setting (i.e. Publicly for all to hear, But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God. (1 Corinthians 14:28), the ability to speak in tongues as a "prayer language" is available to all believers as a personal expression of the Spirit’s work within them.
Again, this is *you* saying this--not the Scriptures. Your reference above to "groanings" do not specify "Tongues." We all know we need God's help, whether we groan in Tongues or groan otherwise.

You clearly have added the part on your own, without Scripture: "the ability to speak in tongues as a "prayer language" is available to all believers as a personal expression of the Spirit’s work within them."

And this has been my whole point all along. You distinguish from the Tongues where Paul says "Do all speak in Tongues," which suggests a clear negative. You wish to speak of a different kind of Tongues you call a "Prayer Language," which is not being explicitly suggested. It may be explicit enough for you, but it isn't for me.

It is therefore *your interpretation* to call these "groanings" something you want to call a "Prayer Language" that we all should practice, when such a thing is never specifically elucidated at all! You certainly have the right to make this conclusion yourself, but you must also admit that Paul, if he infers this at all, certainly does not specify it?
It serves as a private, spiritual communion with God, distinct from the public gift of tongues, which requires interpretation for edification. Therefore, Paul’s teaching is not a prohibition but a call to recognize the unique roles within the church while encouraging believers to seek the fullness of the Spirit in their personal walk with God.
A "Prayer Language" is not specified as distinct from Tongues in the Scriptures--not in any kind of doctrinal or theological statement. It has to be read into what Paul said, lacking the clarity of an explicit statement indicating that.

And that's my problem. I suggest that lacking any clear distinction between a "Prayer Language" and "Tongues," we should consider "Tongues" a single gift, and the correlation of "groanings" with a "Prayer Language" purely an assumption, lacking anything remotely "doctrinal" in nature.

My opinion only.... Thanks for the frank discussion.

1 Corinthians 14:5 kjv
5. I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.

Tied with
A ts10:44 kjv
44. While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
44. And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
45. And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

46.For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

More later
Mississippi redneck
eddif

You clearly have added the part on your own, without Scripture: "the ability to speak in tongues as a "prayer language" is available to all believers as a personal expression of the Spirit’s work within them."
Jude 1:20: "But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost," This verse connects speaking in tongues with prayer, indicating that it can be used as a means of communication with God. Specifically says Tongues is a prayer language.

1 Corinthians 14:2: "For he ("as many as the Lord our God shall call. "(Acts 2:39) that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not to men, but to God: for no man understandeth him; but in his spirit he speaketh mysteries." This verse explicitly states that speaking in tongues is primarily a communication (prayer) with God.

Now just hypothetical here, if the whole world desired with all their heart the gift of Tongues, Scripture explicitly states that God will not withhold "no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly."(Psalm 84:11)

Psalm 37:3, "Trust in the LORD, and do good; dwell in the land, and feed on his truth. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

John 14:13, "And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son."

If we ask for those things which are good for the body and soul and possibly for the saving of a soul God will not withhold.

Plus Paul said I wish you ALL spoke in Tongues and He also said I speak in tongues more than you all.

This is how I see it.

1 Corinthians 14:5 kjv
5. I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.

Tied with
A ts10:44 kjv
44. While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
44. And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
45. And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

46.For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

More later
Mississippi redneck
eddif
The more:
They heard tongues, so the heaters were not interpreting ?

They were praising God, IMHO probably In Hebrew.

Here is where who we are enters. According to life factors and spiritual understanding we can have differing views of what I said.

Parable type speaking ?

eddif

Jude 1:20: "But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost," This verse connects speaking in tongues with prayer, indicating that it can be used as a means of communication with God. Specifically says Tongues is a prayer language.
I understand that you think "praying in the Holy Ghost" is the equivalent of "speaking in Tongues." But in my opinion, this is not the case, since "prayer in the Spirit" is never identified exclusively as Tongues-speaking. A person may very well speak in Tongues and be "praying in the Spirit." But all those who pray to God are, in reality, "praying in the Spirit."

It is clearly an Interpretive Fallacy to call "Prayer in the Spirit" "Tongues." To insist that the term "Prayer in the Spirit" or "Groaning" must refer to Tongues requires a leap ahead of what the Scriptures are explicitly saying. Nowhere in the Scriptures are we specifically told that either "Prayer in the Spirit" or "Groaning" is always the equivalent of "Speaking in Tongues!"

This is, in my opinion, Pentecostal Doctrine speaking, and not Scriptural Doctrine speaking. But the reader will have to decide for himself what the actual intention of the Scripture author is. Is there evidence that "Prayer in the Spirit" or "Groaning" can meaning something other than "Tongues?" If so, then it would be wrong, in my view, to draw the conclusion that these terms must refer to "Tongues!"

Matt 26.41 “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

Here you can see that "Prayer in the Spirit" is the effort to overcome, through God's help, the weakness of the flesh. It involves specific prayers of understanding, and not just "Speaking in Tongues!" It is "watching" and recognizing certain things, and not just blind prayer.

Acts 4.31 After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.

To "speak the word of God boldly" is not to "Speak in Tongues!" And yet they prayed and were filled with the Spirit.

1 Cor 14.14 For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful. 15 So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my understanding.

Paul here is specifically calling Christians to pray in a spiritual way, just like Tongues, but specifically "with understanding."

Eph 6.18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.

Would you suggest that Paul wanted his friends and brothers to pray in the Spirit in Tongues here when he is asking them to specifically "pray for all the Lord's people?"

Col 1.9 For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives.

It seems that we may too quickly read into "Prayer in the Spirit" the "Speaking in Tongues" when in reality, Paul is simply calling upon God's People to pray together with the Holy Spirit, whether in Tongues or with understanding, specifically asking them to pray with understanding for specific things?

Here, Paul is asking them to actually pray *through understanding!* And since we are weak in the flesh, we groan awkwardly for the help of the Spirit not just through Tongues but also through the understanding "that the Spirit gives!"
1 Corinthians 14:2: "For he ("as many as the Lord our God shall call. "(Acts 2:39) that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not to men, but to God: for no man understandeth him; but in his spirit he speaketh mysteries." This verse explicitly states that speaking in tongues is primarily a communication (prayer) with God.
I have not questioned whether Tongues is a form of "Prayer in the Spirit." What I'm disputing is that "Prayer in the Spirit" always refers to "Tongues," when the context does not specifically call for it.

In 1 Cor 14.2, the context is clearly "Tongues," and we would expect that "Tongues-Speaking" is a form of "Prayer in the Spirit," every much as "Prayer with Understanding" is, as well. And Paul goes on in this chapter to describe that "Prayer in the Spirit" would include "Prayer with Understanding" as much as "Tongues-Speaking!" (1 Cor 14.15)
Now just hypothetical here, if the whole world desired with all their heart the gift of Tongues, Scripture explicitly states that God will not withhold "no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly."(Psalm 84:11)
It could not be defined as "good" if God the Holy Spirit did not want me, specifically, to be an apostle or a Speaker in Tongues! It may be a good gift for those to whom it is given. But it would not be "good" for someone to have it to whom it does not belong!
Psalm 37:3, "Trust in the LORD, and do good; dwell in the land, and feed on his truth. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."
Our desire should not be just for "good things," such as "good health." We should rather desire what God Himself desires for us. As Jesus prayed, "Not my will by thine be done." To have a heart after God is to desire what He wants us to have--not just things that are "good" for others.
John 14:13, "And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son."
This is one of the most misunderstood passages in Scriptures. If we were guaranteed to receive anything we ask for, Christians would own the world! But not all Christians seek "the Kingdom of God 1st," when they ask for things! ;)

The context for Jesus' statement assumes that his listeners understand the priorities of God's Kingdom, and that there is a specific goal to pray for. In the context of God's historic plan to fulfill the Abrahamic Promise and the Great Commission we can look back and see that Jesus assumed his Disciples would pray for things that lead to their fulfillment--not things to satisfy their personal "wish list."

Anything you ask for, with respect to fulfilling God's mission for you, will be provided for you. This is what Jesus meant, in the broader context. Otherwise, all that he taught outside of this would have to be ignored.
If we ask for those things which are good for the body and soul and possibly for the saving of a soul God will not withhold.

Plus Paul said I wish you ALL spoke in Tongues and He also said I speak in tongues more than you all.

This is how I see it.
Yea, I know. I've been in Pentecostal churches for 50 + years. You have no idea how many times I've "groaned" in hearing these things, which can be and are easily twisted to try to manipulate God to do what we think is "good" for Him to do for us. But I appreciate you being willing to explain your position.

My position is that we are weak in our flesh and groan. But the Spirit helps us, both to pray in Tongues when we have that gift and to pray with understanding when certain things are specifically to be prayed for. This is how I understand the Scriptures.

I understand that you think "praying in the Holy Ghost" is the equivalent of "speaking in Tongues." But in my opinion, this is not the case, since "prayer in the Spirit" is never identified exclusively as Tongues-speaking. A person may very well speak in Tongues and be "praying in the Spirit." But all those who pray to God are, in reality, "praying in the Spirit."
Fair enough and I never intended to say that "praying in the Spirit or groanings which can be uttered" are always speaking in tongues. But from my experience it has mostly been that way.
It is clearly an Interpretive Fallacy to call "Prayer in the Spirit" "Tongues."
I am glad later in the narrative you corrected this! Not fallacy to interpret that way because that is also a part of Praying in the Spirit. Sorry if I made it sound that is the ONLY thing meant by praying in the Spirit.
Yea, I know. I've been in Pentecostal churches for 50 + years. You have no idea how many times I've "groaned" in hearing these things, which can be and are easily twisted to try to manipulate God to do what we think is "good" for Him to do for us. But I appreciate you being willing to explain your position.

My position is that we are weak in our flesh and groan. But the Spirit helps us, both to pray in Tongues when we have that gift and to pray with understanding when certain things are specifically to be prayed for. This is how I understand the Scriptures.
You have a wonderful understanding and I appreciate your comments. I think my favorite is when the Spirit sings through me, although I may not understand the edifying joy it brings is amazing.

Fair enough and I never intended to say that "praying in the Spirit or groanings which can be uttered" are always speaking in tongues. But from my experience it has mostly been that way.

I am glad later in the narrative you corrected this! Not fallacy to interpret that way because that is also a part of Praying in the Spirit. Sorry if I made it sound that is the ONLY thing meant by praying in the Spirit.

You have a wonderful understanding and I appreciate your comments. I think my favorite is when the Spirit sings through me, although I may not understand the edifying joy it brings is amazing.
Thanks brother. You're a true Pentecostal brother. I think the things that attracted me most to Pentecostalism is the expectation that God will be big in our lives, and speak to us directly, revealing truths we never saw before, and the expectation of supernatural events of a myriad of kinds, the knowledge that He is in control and gives evidence of His design, leaving footprints, fingerprints, and "smiles" everywhere, especially when we need it. :)

Thanks brother. You're a true Pentecostal brother. I think the things that attracted me most to Pentecostalism is the expectation that God will be big in our lives, and speak to us directly, revealing truths we never saw before, and the expectation of supernatural events of a myriad of kinds, the knowledge that He is in control and gives evidence of His design, leaving footprints, fingerprints, and "smiles" everywhere, especially when we need it. :)
What drew me to Pentecostalism was the power of God to break addictions instantly and heal completely. When I first attended church, I was addicted to marijuana, cigarettes, and used foul language. Sometime after being baptized and repenting, I specifically asked God for the Pentecostal experience. Soon after, I began speaking in tongues. Instantly, my cursing stopped, I discarded my cigarettes at the altar, and I disposed of all my marijuana paraphernalia.

If you haven't seen the video I posted about Lee Stoneking, a prominent Pentecostal preacher, I highly recommend it. He shares his incredible story of resurrection, which includes a miraculous healing from a heart problem. In the video, he mentions that doctors confirmed God removed every disease-causing agent from every cell in his body.

I praise God for His sovereignty in our lives.

Those comments are very interesting.

The law of Moses was written in stone. Hard fast not to be broken rules.

IMHO the Corinthian 14 rules are written in hearts and changed mind thinking.

If you use more grace in the rules you speak of, then I tend to agree. If, however, you make the rules too strict and return to a code like the law of Moses.

The law can be used lawfully. The rules if applied in love can guide in peace. This is the fulfilling of the law by Jesus.

A Jewish Christian can probably express this better than eddif.

However I (eddif) did have a period in my life where I was very legalistic.
So
I am not able to fuss when I have been in error myself.

Using the law lawfully requires grace, mercy, gentleness, and yes tough Agape love.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
Of course I do not agree with that.

That would be a license to do whatever one wants with tongues and say it is from Holy Spirit.

The point of the rules in 1 Corithians 14 is that if they ere being kept, the were truly from Holy Spirit,

If one rule is broken, it was of the former pagan religions that they were associated with.

That is like saying a woman was called by God to be a Pastor, when we know His word forbids it.

What drew me to Pentecostalism was the power of God to break addictions instantly and heal completely. When I first attended church, I was addicted to marijuana, cigarettes, and used foul language. Sometime after being baptized and repenting, I specifically asked God for the Pentecostal experience. Soon after, I began speaking in tongues. Instantly, my cursing stopped, I discarded my cigarettes at the altar, and I disposed of all my marijuana paraphernalia.

If you haven't seen the video I posted about Lee Stoneking, a prominent Pentecostal preacher, I highly recommend it. He shares his incredible story of resurrection, which includes a miraculous healing from a heart problem. In the video, he mentions that doctors confirmed God removed every disease-causing agent from every cell in his body.

I praise God for His sovereignty in our lives.
Yes, sounds like God! ;) He gives us what we need, and He gave you a powerful dose of His Spirit! No, I haven't seen the link you mentined, but when I see it I'll check it out.

God certainly has different ways of drawing us. Guilt played a big role in drawing me back to Him after a few years of dabbling in the world. Yes, that included the usual drugs, drinking, etc. It went away pretty fast as soon as I made a commitment. "God gives His Spirit to those who obey Him."

Reposting this video because I gave no commentary on it before. This is Lee Stoneking of the UPCI addressing U.N. about His resurrection from the dead. After the heart stops beating, blood typically begins to coagulate (clot) within 20 minutes. Blood coagulation is part of the body's natural process of blood clotting, which continues even after death until the blood fully solidifies. He was dead for 45 min. Pay special attention to 4:15 Praise God Almighty.

Wow, we should really not be so surprised, but I'M SURPRISED! ;)

People will believe anything.

You would think the whole of Christianity would know about this supposed resurrection.
It has been several years back and he is addressing the UN for crying out loud. Stop be so skeptical. If this were a hoax there would be tons of sites discrediting it and there are none.

It has been several years back and he is addressing the UN for crying out loud. Stop be so skeptical. If this were a hoax there would be tons of sites discrediting it and there are none.
Where is the proof?

I know, I know....I have no faith.

Show proof.

You cannot.

For those who are not bias against speaking in tongues watch this below. My heart melted when I heard the Lord of Glory crying out in Interpretation.

Also keep this in mind:

Interpretation is not a direct word-for-word translation but a divinely inspired understanding of the message. The Holy Spirit provides the interpretation according to the needs of the congregation, which may result in a longer or more elaborate explanation than the original utterance.

Consider 1 Corinthians 14:13-15, where Paul explains that those who speak in tongues should pray for the ability to interpret. This indicates that interpretation is a separate, Spirit-led process, not a mere translation. The purpose of interpretation is to edify and build up the Church, and the Spirit tailors the message to achieve that goal.

Furthermore, in 1 Corinthians 14:26, Paul emphasizes that all things should be done for edification. This implies that the interpretation serves to convey the full depth and meaning of the Spirit’s message, which might not always match the length or structure of the tongues themselves.

Trusting that the Spirit is the one who imparts understanding and meaning. Focus on the fruit of the message—whether it leads to edification, encouragement, and comfort, as outlined in 1 Corinthians 14:3. The true test of a Spirit-given interpretation is in its impact, not its length, and believers are called to discern and trust the work of the Holy Spirit in delivering and interpreting messages in a way that transcends human understanding.

People will believe anything.

You would think the whole of Christianity would know about this supposed resurrection.
These kinds of stories will likely convince nobody because they are so challenged that nobody can get to the root of any story like this. The story may be true, or the story may be "embellished"--how am I to know?

The only thing that truly convinces me of anything is a prophetic voice that speaks moral truth with divine authority. Period. Prophetic Voice--Moral Truth---Divine Authority: "Thus says the Lord, Be Holy, as I am Holy."

Back