Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

'Speaking in Tongues', true vs false.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
And, of course personal Testimonies (like my own), naturally will be dismissed as "Anecdotal fantasies", or discarded as , delusional foolishness. You should read what Charles Parham (the "Father" of Pentecostalism) had to say about the Azuza Street meetings.
Read where?
TD:)

Interesting that you judge me without even meeting me face to face. How about "judge not lest ye be judged"? But trying to make this about me and my relationship with God is an evasion of the OP issue, and called "derailing the thread." And since you do this, I take it you can't meet any of my challenges, which confirms my conviction that modern tongues is a false sign.

Incidentally, you think this scripture passage speaks of greater things than Jesus did? So you don't think Jesus did those things?
TD:)

TD,

I asked questions of you and you claim that I judge you without having met you. That's a straw man.

I'm finding it impossible to have a rational discussion with you.

1600293993535.png
Oz

On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified. John 7:37-39

Receiving the Spirit, or being baptized with the Spirit is for those who believe.

• He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.

The Spirit flows forth with evidence that is seen and heard.

• Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear. Acts 2:33

This is the Promise of the Father and is for all whom the Lord calls out of darkness into His marvelous light.

For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.” Acts 2:39

Ask and you shall receive.

If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish? Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!” Luke 11:11-13

• how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!

JLB

On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified. John 7:37-39

Receiving the Spirit, or being baptized with the Spirit is for those who believe.

• He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.

The Spirit flows forth with evidence that is seen and heard.

• Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear. Acts 2:33

This is the Promise of the Father and is for all whom the Lord calls out of darkness into His marvelous light.

For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.” Acts 2:39

Ask and you shall receive.

If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish? Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!” Luke 11:11-13

• how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him
JLB
I thank God that I was able to ask for the gift of the Holy Ghost after I had been water baptized in Jesus' name for the remission of past sins.
I am grateful that there was a way to sanctify His temple and ready it for His occupation.

I thank God that I was able to ask for the gift of the Holy Ghost after I had been water baptized in Jesus' name for the remission of past sins.
I am grateful that there was a way to sanctify His temple and ready it for His occupation.

Hopeful,

Are you a 'Jesus Only' Christian?

Oz

I know with absolute certainty that I have the Spirit of Christ in me. And I know my Lord knows/loves me.
I have never spoken in tongues.
Which of these signs do you think Jesus would put importance in as a testimony they belong to Him?
Obeying His commands and loving one another as He loved?
Speaking in other languages?

Choose your church.

Back