Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The Gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached !

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hitch in Gal 2:7 when they (Peter James & John) saw the Gospel of the uncicumcission was committed to me (Paul) as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter.

Your saying that these are the same thing?
16For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Yeah and so is Paul
The same Jesus not the same message.
One message to Jews one message to Gentiles.
16For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Not my implication but the bible says Paul withstood Peter because he was to be blamed.
What you have done is a serious perversion, unethical ,false ,self serving and not of God, Pauil faced off with Pete becasue Pete was shying away from gentiles it has nothing at all to do with fables of differing 'gospels'
But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. -Galatians 2:11

I don't care what you are sick of. You publically proclaim that Christ's Death alone does not save anyone, but that man is saved by their works, Yes that is condened by scripture..

Nope. It sure isn't. Christ died for the sins of the whole world...not just some, as you claim. Stated plainly here.

John 1:29 - "The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world."

1 John 2 - "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments."

Mankind is reconciled to God by His DEATH. Sin no longer stands between God and Man.

We are saved by His resurrection...not His death. Read: MUCH MORE, BEING RECONCILED, WE SHALL BE SAVED BY HIS LIFE. We must be born again into newness of life. That is how we partake of His resurrection.

Romans 5:10 - "For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life".

Romans 10:9 - "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

And best of all WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH.....exactly what you claim we CANNOT do (or we're CONDEMNED).

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

glory

Paul and Timothy were not the only Two New Covenant Ministers Christ enabled to Preach, where did you get that from ?

The others that Christ sent out in Matt 28 were New Covenant Ministers..

Besides, you do not even know what the New Covenant is, you promote a Salvation by works..

I guess you can get away with saying whatever you like, can't you?

I didn't say Paul and Timothy were the only two.....You gave 2 Cor. 3 as a reference as to the "us" being the twelve. Silas and Timothy were with Paul, and Paul included Timothy in the salutation. They were ministering to the gentiles as well. You make too many assumptions to "back up" your clearly unbiblical understanding of the Word of God. Then you turn around and prove you have no fruit of the Spirit every time you post. That speaks louder than any doctrine you put forth.

glory

You gave 2 Cor. 3 as a reference as to the "us" being the twelve

It does include the Twelve. Paul spoke in the plural many times about the Apostles in that book or the 1 st one !

1 Cor 4:9

For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.

1 Cor 9:5

Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and as the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas?

1 Cor 12:28

And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

The other Apostles had laboured among them, Who was cephas ?

1 Cor 1:12

Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

I think your comment was uncalled for, and unlearned ! In my opinion you are nothing but an adversary to the Truth. You preach a False Gospel, deny that Christ's work alone saves who He died for, and teach that men are saved by what they do, good grief..

Oh BTW 1 Cor 15:5

And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:

Now what you have to say ?

kjb can you explain to me the differences in the two Gospels you find in Scripture?

I'll try. Let's start with Peter & the other 11 apostles. The 12 knew that Jesus was the Messiah.

Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: -Acts 2:22

The 12 also knew he had been raised from the dead, and had spent time were with the resurected Jesus.

Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it. -Acts 2:24

The 12 also knew that David had prophecied that Christ would be raised from the dead to sit on his throne.

Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; -Acts 2:30 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. -Acts 2:31

The 12 witnessed to these fact.

This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. -Acts 2:32

Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. -Acts 2:36

Then the 12 told the believers what they must do.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. -Acts 2:38

The next message Peter preaches in the Temple talks about the remission of sins.

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; -Acts 3:19

When Christ comes back then they will have the atonement that is when thier sins are blotted out. Is that what it says?

Paul preached what the ressurected Lord Jesus revealed to him. The Gospel of Christ. That is found in 1 Cor 15:1-4.

But unlike what the 12 preached we have forginess not remission of sins, we have recieved the atonement.

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. -Romans 5:10 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement. -Romans 5:11

Act 9:8 And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus. ....

Act 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

Act 9:8 And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus. ....

Act 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

Yes
Can you please explain what you think I'm missing by your reply.

Sure,, i forget the readers dont always know what is in the poster head! :eeeekkk

God sent Paul to the Hebrews.

I do not see a difference in the Gospel i see the Gospel of Jesus Christ! The good news of His death/resurrection for everlasting life. The semantics, the plays on words etc do not change the Gospel of Christ.

We will most likely not change each others minds. I am thankfull for a place to talk of such stuff!

I see that Paul revealed to the world the Gospel of Christ. That Christ died for our sins. That trusting in Christ we become members of the Church the Body of Christ no matter our race heritage or gender. I look back to the cross for my salvation.

I don't know anything about semantics and I'm not attempting to play on words.

I just simply see one gospel to the uncircumcision and one to the circumcision.

But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter; -Galatians 2:7

I along with the "they" in verse 7 see one gospel committed to Paul & one to Peter.

Maybe i am not clear... If i took the the Gospel to the American Indians and you took the Gospel to the Spanish it is the same gospel....

I see that Paul revealed to the world the Gospel of Christ. That Christ died for our sins. That trusting in Christ we become members of the Church the Body of Christ no matter our race heritage or gender. I look back to the cross for my salvation.

I don't know anything about semantics and I'm not attempting to play on words.

I just simply see one gospel to the uncircumcision and one to the circumcision.

But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter; -Galatians 2:7

I along with the "they" in verse 7 see one gospel committed to Paul & one to Peter.

You're exactly right. And there is a great difference between the Twelve and the Apostle Paul.

The Twelve were witnesses to Jesus' ministry and His resurrection, and there commission was in connection with God's program with Israel. Even the water baptism of repentance was for the Jews because of their role in Jesus' death. It was their repentance for that. Paul was sent for us, the body of Christ..through the dispensation of Grace.

Eph. 3:1-2 - "For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:"

Paul teaches about the inner man..the new creature and proclaims the Gospel of Christ.

The Gospel of the Kingdom was a different dispensation...specifically dealing with the Jews as a nation.

When the times of the gentiles is fulfilled, God will take up the Gospel of the Kingdom pertaining to the Jews as a nation. Luke 21:24 - "And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled." Israel, as a nation has been persecuted all this time, but it's day is coming.

Sure,, i forget the readers dont always know what is in the poster head! :eeeekkk

God sent Paul to the Hebrews.

I do not see a difference in the Gospel i see the Gospel of Jesus Christ! The good news of His death/resurrection for everlasting life. The semantics, the plays on words etc do not change the Gospel of Christ.

We will most likely not change each others minds. I am thankfull for a place to talk of such stuff!

Actually, Paul was sent to the Gentiles...He was the "apostle of the Gentiles." "For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:" (Rom. 11:13) And he was the one who went to the "nations" and the kings and (later) included the children of Israel who then had access to the Gospel of Grace.

The Twelve stayed close to home, but their commission was to the twelve tribes of Israel "scattered abroad". Peter writes to the "strangers"...those lost tribes that were living among the gentiles. In fact, the Twelve were commanded NOT to go to the gentiles. "These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." (Matt. 10:5-6)

The Twelve didn't understand why the need for Christ's death until after the resurrection when their "eyes were opened" to the necessity of His suffering, but only as it related to the coming Kingdom.

To Paul was revealed the mystery of the kingdom within us and the resurrection life.

You're exactly right. And there is a great difference between the Twelve and the Apostle Paul.

The Twelve were witnesses to Jesus' ministry and His resurrection, and there commission was in connection with God's program with Israel. Even the water baptism of repentance was for the Jews because of their role in Jesus' death. It was their repentance for that. Paul was sent for us, the body of Christ..through the dispensation of Grace.

Eph. 3:1-2 - "For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:"

Paul teaches about the inner man..the new creature and proclaims the Gospel of Christ.

The Gospel of the Kingdom was a different dispensation...specifically dealing with the Jews as a nation.

When the times of the gentiles is fulfilled, God will take up the Gospel of the Kingdom pertaining to the Jews as a nation. Luke 21:24 - "And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled." Israel, as a nation has been persecuted all this time, but it's day is coming.

AMEN...

Actually, Paul was sent to the Gentiles...He was the "apostle of the Gentiles." "For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:" (Rom. 11:13) And he was the one who went to the "nations" and the kings and (later) included the children of Israel who then had access to the Gospel of Grace.

The Twelve stayed close to home, but their commission was to the twelve tribes of Israel "scattered abroad". Peter writes to the "strangers"...those lost tribes that were living among the gentiles. In fact, the Twelve were commanded NOT to go to the gentiles. "These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." (Matt. 10:5-6)

The Twelve didn't understand why the need for Christ's death until after the resurrection when their "eyes were opened" to the necessity of His suffering, but only as it related to the coming Kingdom.

To Paul was revealed the mystery of the kingdom within us and the resurrection life.

AMEN and AMEN...

You figure this out Daz, you say
"Actually, Paul was sent to the Gentiles."
But the Lord said unto him....

Because Paul was "the apostle" to the gentiles did not automatilaly exclude him from the taking the gospel to Israel..

You figure this out Daz, you say But the Lord said unto him....

Because Paul was "the apostle" to the gentiles did not automatilaly exclude him from the taking the gospel to Israel..

No one is excluded from the gospel of grace, you're certainly correct about that. Since Paul taught there is neither Jew nor Greek, but one new creature IN CHRIST, all were free to come. The middle wall of partition had been broken down.

Eph. 2:11-14 said:
Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

No one is excluded from the gospel of grace, you're certainly correct about that. Since Paul taught there is neither Jew nor Greek, but one new creature IN CHRIST, all were free to come. The middle wall of partition had been broken down.

Those verses certainly answer that question...

This is a lie from hell's gaping hole.

glorydaz said:

This is a lie from hell's gaping hole.

You're such a clever fellow. Is that your eight words of wisdom on the subject?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back