Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The Incarnation, A Sperm or a complete Fetus of Jesus.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Do you have your mother's DNA? yes
How did you get it? Because it was in the cell (gamete) that became the egg.
Do you have your father DNA? yes
How did you get it? Because it was in the cell (gamete) that is the sperm.
Every cell in our body has DNA. That DNA is a combination of our parents DNA.
Each parent contributes 23 chromosomes, they bind to each other in the egg (ovum) and then there are 46 chromosomes, which are needed to form a new human.

No Jesus did not get any of Mary's blood but He did get her DNA, which traces back to King David.
If He didn't then He was/is not the foretold Messiah.
The Bible says that the Messiah would come from the bloodline of King David.
All of us come from Adam and Eve but not all of us come from the bloodline of King David.

Science through myocardial (mother's) DNA has proven that all of us originated from one mother. As Christians we believe that mother was Eve.

God breathed life into Adam. The Hebrew translates rough as soul/spirit not blood.
Truly life is in the blood. Science proved this back in the 1600's. Blood carries all the oxygen, nutrients, hormones, etc. that is needed to sustain the body, the flesh.
Leviticus says,
Lev 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.
Science proved that this statement in Leviticus is true. The flesh, the body, cannot live without blood.

Those animals sacrificed did not just have to give blood, they had to die. Just the blood would not have been sufficient for a temporary covering until the Messiah came.
Jesus' blood is/was truly holy but He had to die in order for our sins to be atoned for.
Joh 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
He laid down His life.
Oh well Deb. I love you too much to argue your points, so I'll just say, you are welcome to your assessment and I'll stick to mine.

I'm thinking that the DNA of Jesus' Blood has to be traced thru David to Adam. Adam's blood came from God the Father. Mary's blood and DNA did not at any time enter the fetus of Jesus as I have mentioned before. Adam's blood, once perfect, lost it's perfection because of his sin of disobedience, and therefore passed on imperfect blood to all of mankind. Jesus restored that perfect Blood, because, like Adam who had the God breathed blood in his veins, life is in the Blood. I think that in all our comments, some have forgotten how blood got into mankind in the first placed. Gen. 2:7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." Since life is in the Blood, God breathed that life giving Blood into the nostrils of Adam. Where did God get the blood? You'll have to ask Him. Remember, Adam was not a fetus when God formed him from the ground, He was full grown. Some say about thirty years old.

Yahweh made every single aspect of Adam out of dust. The only thing He added that was not from dust was the breathe of life. The blood was already in Adam and the breathe went through his nostrils into his lungs and then into his bloodstream. He had human blood just like everyone else. Yes, his blood became imperfect through sin which is why Yeshua was born of a virgin; to bypass the imperfections of an earthly father.

Yahweh made every single aspect of Adam out of dust. The only thing He added that was not from dust was the breathe of life. The blood was already in Adam and the breathe went through his nostrils into his lungs and then into his bloodstream. He had human blood just like everyone else. Yes, his blood became imperfect through sin which is why Yeshua was born of a virgin; to bypass the imperfections of an earthly father.

I agree. :)

Rom 9:1 Truth I say in Christ, I lie not, my conscience bearing testimony with me in the Holy Spirit,
Rom 9:2 that I have great grief and unceasing pain in my heart--
Rom 9:3 for I was wishing, I myself, to be anathema from the Christ--for my brethren, my kindred, according to the flesh,
Rom 9:4 who are Israelites, whose is the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the lawgiving, and the service, and the promises,
Rom 9:5 whose are the fathers, and of whom is the Christ, according to the flesh, who is over all, God blessed to the ages. Amen.

I had a thought, just a thought, that when we look at the genealogy of the Messiah we see that by Joseph being His adopted father, He is adopted into the line of David. By Mary He is of the line of David through the flesh.
Is this maybe a picture of Him as King and Lord over the two flocks, those adopted in and those of the flesh? :shrug

Someday we'll know the Truth. IMO He did not have human blood just like everyone else. Human blood, even from a perfect man would not have been accepted as a payment for sin by YHWH.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someday we'll know the Truth. IMO He did not have human blood just like everyone else. Human blood, even from a perfect man would not have been accepted as a payment for sin by YHWH.

Heb 2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
Heb 2:17 Wherefore in all things it behooved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.​

"All things" includes his blood. If not, then he was not made like us.

Do you have Scripture to support your last statement?

"Human blood, even from a perfect man would not have been accepted as a payment for sin by YHWH".

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like where this thread is going. I'm not at all comfortable with analyzing the Holy Blood of Jesus the Christ. I think I'm way over my head to even think I know something that is God's realm which is not mine to enter. His ways are not my ways, and His thoughts are way above my thoughts. I will no longer comment on the Blood of the Messiah. So, I certainly want to thank you all for participating in a subject that most of us have never given this much thought into such a grand subject....Thank you.

A fully human Jesus (the orthodox teaching of the church is that he was fully human and fully God) requires that Jesus' blood be that of a human being. The blood that was shed for the sins of the world was his human blood.

John 19:34 ESV states: 'But one of the soldiers pierced his side with a spear, and at once there came out blood and water'. It was blood and water from the human Jesus who died on the cross.

A fully human Jesus (the orthodox teaching of the church is that he was fully human and fully God) requires that Jesus' blood be that of a human being. The blood that was shed for the sins of the world was his human blood.

John 19:34 ESV states: 'But one of the soldiers pierced his side with a spear, and at once there came out blood and water'. It was blood and water from the human Jesus who died on the cross.

Human blood is corruptible....Jesus had incorruptible Blood in His veins. That is why He did not stink after being in the tomb 3 days and 3 nights. You guys that think that Jesus had human blood in His veins, are on dangerous grounds IMO.

Human blood is corruptible....Jesus had incorruptible Blood in His veins. That is why He did not stink after being in the tomb 3 days and 3 nights. You guys that think that Jesus had human blood in His veins, are on dangerous grounds IMO.

You provided no biblical evidence to support your view. Where do Scriptures state that 'Jesus had incorruptible blood in his veins'?

Do you believe Jesus was fully human or not?

Human blood is corruptible....Jesus had incorruptible Blood in His veins.

Uncorruptible blood? No. Uncorrupted blood? Yes. Had he sinned, he would have corrupted blood just like everyone else.

Uncorruptible blood? No. Uncorrupted blood? Yes. Had he sinned, he would have corrupted blood just like everyone else.

Whether the language is 'uncorruptible blood' or 'uncorrupted blood', this is not the language used in Scripture. I've noticed in the posts where this language has been used that there is no biblical support given for the view.

Whether the language is 'uncorruptible blood' or 'uncorrupted blood', this is not the language used in Scripture. I've noticed in the posts where this language has been used that there is no biblical support given for the view.

Is my post #68 unacceptable?

Is my post #68 unacceptable?

At #68, you wrote:
If it is the blood that makes atonement (Lev 17:11), then couldn't any man make the atonement? No. Why? Because all have sinned and are fallen/corrupted/dying. Yeshua's blood is pure/untainted by sin/life. As a result of sin, the life in our blood is dying. It is corrupted and is no longer effective in preserving life.​

Seems to me that you are making Lev 17 11 (ESV) state more than it states. Your inferences around our blood dying and being corrupted seem to place Jesus' humanity in another category besides being fully human.

Jesus' human body was just like ours in that he had a human birth (Lk 2:7), grew and became stronger (Lk 2:40), increased in stature (Lk 2:52), got tired ( (Jn 4:6), became thirsty (Jn 19:28, was hungry (Mt 4:2), became physically weak and needed ministry for it (Mt 4:11), and his body died like that of any other human being (Lk 23:46).

What did Jesus say in Luke 24:39 (ESV)? 'See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have'.

They gave him fish that he ate before them (Lk 24:42).

My concern is the diminishing of the humanity of Jesus, the latter being affirmed by the NT.

At #68, you wrote:
If it is the blood that makes atonement (Lev 17:11), then couldn't any man make the atonement? No. Why? Because all have sinned and are fallen/corrupted/dying. Yeshua's blood is pure/untainted by sin/life. As a result of sin, the life in our blood is dying. It is corrupted and is no longer effective in preserving life.​

Seems to me that you are making Lev 17 11 (ESV) state more than it states. Your inferences around our blood dying and being corrupted seem to place Jesus' humanity in another category besides being fully human.

Jesus' human body was just like ours in that he had a human birth (Lk 2:7), grew and became stronger (Lk 2:40), increased in stature (Lk 2:52), got tired ( (Jn 4:6), became thirsty (Jn 19:28, was hungry (Mt 4:2), became physically weak and needed ministry for it (Mt 4:11), and his body died like that of any other human being (Lk 23:46).

What did Jesus say in Luke 24:39 (ESV)? 'See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have'.

They gave him fish that he ate before them (Lk 24:42).

My concern is the diminishing of the humanity of Jesus, the latter being affirmed by the NT.

I totally agree that Yeshua was not a spirit, but was 100% human. However, I do not believe that growing, strength, tiredness, thirst, hunger, becoming physically weak and needing ministry are the result of the fall of man. That is why Yahweh provided food, water, the Sabbath rest and fellowship prior to sin. Adam would have experienced all those things before he sinned. As for death, Adam died after sin entered. The only reason Yeshua died was because he took upon himself the sins of the world and became sin for us. At that point, the life in his blood could no longer sustain him.

While you are concerned that my view may diminish the humanity of Yeshua, I believe it is exalting his pre-Adamic humanity until he took sin upon himself.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back