Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Law Is Simple

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The Greek word found in Matthew 5:48 translated "perfect" means "finished, complete, having reached its end," and implies being fully grown or mature.

In addition, we cannot be perfect apart from others. The Bible links perfection with human relationships. Christ urges us to be as perfect as our Father in heaven and ties the process to how we treat each other.

Mat 5:48 has nothing to do with becoming SINLESS AND "PERFECT" like Jesus was.

If your definition is correct, then you have not repented because you have not perfectly ceased all your sins, nobody has.

Repentance is a STATE OF MIND, an ATTITUDE, not a behaviour! LIke Paul in Romans 7:15 had repented, but notice he was still sinning terribly, but his attitude towards sin was different, he had REPENTED IN ATTITUDE AND MIND!

If you stop sinning your problems disappear. Life becomes paradise.

Well, you have claimed you keep the 10 Commandments perfectly and are now sinless, so there's nothing more I can say. But I will let the Bible speak for itself:

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

We have all sinned, but Jesus commanded us to stop.

If you stop sinning your problems disappear. Life becomes paradise.

Amen, it would. And I wish I could perfectly stop sinning because I hate and detest sinning. But I realise that I am still a sinner and when Jesus returns, He will change me to become like He is. But until that time, I still infected with sin.

Born again and saved Christians still keep on sinning because they were born sinners and we have a sinful nature. Paul explained that he kept on sinning because it was THE SIN IN HIM causing him to sin, but he HATED to sin. He didn't say he kept on sinning because he liked it, he said he sinned and he hated it.

Did you ever notice in Rom 7:15 Paul was saying that he hates what he was doing and not doing what he wanted. Paul wrote that many years after having been saved, yet he was still sinning terribly. Paul taught that “the sin in me†is causing me to sin.

Romans 7:14-8:1
14 The law is good, then. The trouble is not with the law but with me, because I am sold into slavery, with sin as my master. 15 I don’t understand myself at all, for I really want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead, I do the very thing I hate. 16 I know perfectly well that what I am doing is wrong, and my bad conscience shows that I agree that the law is good. 17 But I can’t help myself, because it is sin inside me [THE SINFUL NATURE] that makes me do these evil things.
18 I know I am rotten through and through so far as my old sinful nature is concerned. No matter which way I turn, I can’t [I CAN'T DO IT!! HE IS NOT SAYING HE IS REFUSING HE IS SAYING HE CAN'T - THIS IS THE WAY WE ARE AS SINNERS] make myself do right. I want to, but I can’t. 19 When I want to do good, I don’t. And when I try not to do wrong, I do it anyway. [HE IS SAYING THAT EVEN WHEN HE TRIES TO DO THE RIGHT THING THAT THE SINFUL NATURE MAKES HIM DO THE WRONG THING] 20 But if I am doing what I don’t want to do, I am not really the one doing it [IT'S THAT SINFUL NATURE DOING IT SO I AM NOT GOING TO BLAME MYSELF ANYMORE - BLAME THE FALLEN SINFUL NATURE] ; the sin within me is doing it.
21 It seems to be a fact of life that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong. 22 I love God’s law with all my heart. 23 But there is another law at work within me that is at war with my mind. This law wins the fight and makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me. 24 Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin? 25 Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God’s law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin. 8:1 So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.

He seems to be saying here that we are all in trouble - including himself because he was writing about his own experience. Paul blames the sinful nature as if it is another person inside of us who is stronger than us and wins. The harder he tries to fight this sinful nature the more he loses and then feels miserable!

But then the answer comes .... it is Jesus!!! even whilst I am fighting and losing to the sinful nature i am still accepted and not condemned because I belong to Jesus!! Jesus accepts me whilst I am unacceptable therefore this means that I can accept myself and put the blame on the sinful nature inside of me.

The difference between a lost person and a saved person is that lost people don't care when they sin against God. But saved people do care and they hate sinning!

Let me tell you what happened to me... When I was lost and before I knew Jesus, I would sin, sleep around with many different women, lie and deceive people, and not care, it never bothered me.

But once I invited Jesus into my heart, all of a sudden, I hated sin and hated what I was doing, and what I wanted to do that I was not doing. All of a sudden I had a conscience. That is evidence of a true and sincere conversion and salvation experience. The same applied to Paul, he said he now hated what he was doing. But before that he was killing Christians and didn't care!

Paul explained it very well to us that it is the SIN IN US that causes us to sin, but once we are born again, we hate sinning, and we are in a constant inner battle.

Galatians 5:17 For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want.

If you sin and it doesn't bother you, then I would be concerned for you that you have never been born again.

But if you have a conscience, and if you hate sinning, then that is a good sign you are already born again and sealed with the Holy Spirit and saved.

Amen, it would. And I wish I could perfectly stop sinning because I hate and detest sinning. But I realise that I am still a sinner and when Jesus returns, He will change me to become like He is. But until that time, I still infected with sin.

Born again and saved Christians still keep on sinning because they were born sinners and we have a sinful nature. Paul explained that he kept on sinning because it was THE SIN IN HIM causing him to sin, but he HATED to sin. He didn't say he kept on sinning because he liked it, he said he sinned and he hated it.

Did you ever notice in Rom 7:15 Paul was saying that he hates what he was doing and not doing what he wanted. Paul wrote that many years after having been saved, yet he was still sinning terribly. Paul taught that “the sin in me†is causing me to sin.

Romans 7:14-8:1
14 The law is good, then. The trouble is not with the law but with me, because I am sold into slavery, with sin as my master. 15 I don’t understand myself at all, for I really want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead, I do the very thing I hate. 16 I know perfectly well that what I am doing is wrong, and my bad conscience shows that I agree that the law is good. 17 But I can’t help myself, because it is sin inside me [THE SINFUL NATURE] that makes me do these evil things.
18 I know I am rotten through and through so far as my old sinful nature is concerned. No matter which way I turn, I can’t [I CAN'T DO IT!! HE IS NOT SAYING HE IS REFUSING HE IS SAYING HE CAN'T - THIS IS THE WAY WE ARE AS SINNERS] make myself do right. I want to, but I can’t. 19 When I want to do good, I don’t. And when I try not to do wrong, I do it anyway. [HE IS SAYING THAT EVEN WHEN HE TRIES TO DO THE RIGHT THING THAT THE SINFUL NATURE MAKES HIM DO THE WRONG THING] 20 But if I am doing what I don’t want to do, I am not really the one doing it [IT'S THAT SINFUL NATURE DOING IT SO I AM NOT GOING TO BLAME MYSELF ANYMORE - BLAME THE FALLEN SINFUL NATURE] ; the sin within me is doing it.
21 It seems to be a fact of life that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong. 22 I love God’s law with all my heart. 23 But there is another law at work within me that is at war with my mind. This law wins the fight and makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me. 24 Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin? 25 Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God’s law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin. 8:1 So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.

He seems to be saying here that we are all in trouble - including himself because he was writing about his own experience. Paul blames the sinful nature as if it is another person inside of us who is stronger than us and wins. The harder he tries to fight this sinful nature the more he loses and then feels miserable!

But then the answer comes .... it is Jesus!!! even whilst I am fighting and losing to the sinful nature i am still accepted and not condemned because I belong to Jesus!! Jesus accepts me whilst I am unacceptable therefore this means that I can accept myself and put the blame on the sinful nature inside of me.

The difference between a lost person and a saved person is that lost people don't care when they sin against God. But saved people do care and they hate sinning!

Let me tell you what happened to me... When I was lost and before I knew Jesus, I would sin, sleep around with many different women, lie and deceive people, and not care, it never bothered me.

But once I invited Jesus into my heart, all of a sudden, I hated sin and hated what I was doing, and what I wanted to do that I was not doing. All of a sudden I had a conscience. That is evidence of a true and sincere conversion and salvation experience. The same applied to Paul, he said he now hated what he was doing. But before that he was killing Christians and didn't care!

Paul explained it very well to us that it is the SIN IN US that causes us to sin, but once we are born again, we hate sinning, and we are in a constant inner battle.

Galatians 5:17 For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want.

If you sin and it doesn't bother you, then I would be concerned for you that you have never been born again.

But if you have a conscience, and if you hate sinning, then that is a good sign you are already born again and sealed with the Holy Spirit and saved.

Just stop sinning. (Be chaste, humble, sober, love the Lord with all your heart, mind, and soul, and love your neighbor as yourself.)

Just stop sinning. (Be chaste, humble, sober, love the Lord with all your heart, mind, and soul, and love your neighbor as yourself.)

Can you go through my whole post and show me my errors if you claim my post is in error. I look forward to it and please use Scripture to back up your comments.

I just like to say Jesus never sinned..... And I know you can stop sinning don't mean you never sinned.... There a very big different from saying i don't sin no more than I never sinned....
also Matthew 19:16-17 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that i may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is GOD:but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments..

I am too old and impatient to read long posts. Sorry.

So you reject my teachings and comments, yet now you admit you didn't even read my whole post!!! :screwloose

You are not interested in an open and honest discussion then, you are only interested in pushing your agenda. The End!

Now everyone can see you were unable and unwilling to go through my post and using Bible show my apparent errors. So that means there's nothing wrong with my comments as you failed to show.

I just like to say Jesus never sinned..... And I know you can stop sinning don't mean you never sinned.... There a very big different from saying i don't sin no more than I never sinned....
also Matthew 19:16-17 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that i may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is GOD:but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments..

Please answer these questions honestly and directly:

1. Do you still continue to sin? Yes or No?

2. Do you perfectly keep God's Commandments? Yes or No?

Matthew 5:37 Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and? your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.

So you reject my teachings and comments, yet now you admit you didn't even read my whole post!!! :screwloose

Jesus commanded us not to call ourselves teachers:

But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brethren. Matt 23:8 RSV

Now everyone can see you were unable and unwilling to go through my post and using Bible show my apparent errors. So that means there's nothing wrong with my comments as you failed to show.

I do not have time to read long posts.

I do not have time to read long posts.

That's not true at all, in fact that's a very misleading and deceptive comment to make!!!

OF COURSE you have the TIME to read my post...but the truth is it's not a PRIORITY for you!!! You have 168 hours in a week, and you probably waste a lot of time sitting around, watching TV, doing other things. So you have TIME to have read my post, but you aren't bothered or interested enough and it's not a PRIORITY for you!

The moment I asked you to read my post and show me my apparent errors using Bible, that was when you RAN AND HID from doing it and making excuses you don't have "enough time". You need to stop making misleading comments and come clean and be honest... you should say, "I cannot be bothered TruthSeeker, I got the time if I really wanted to do it, but I don't want to do it, it's not a priority, and I don't care enough about it and I am too lazy to start reading your whole post and replying to every point!"

That's what you should have said...at least then you would have been completely honest!

Please answer these questions honestly and directly:

1. Do you still continue to sin? Yes or No?

2. Do you perfectly keep God's Commandments? Yes or No?

Matthew 5:37 Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and? your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.

NO AND YES...... Personally I keep the 10 commandments but I still sin for as other small things that not in the 10 commandment. Like sometime I have drink too much which is a sin. So yes I still sin but I do keep God's Commandment including Remembering the Sabbath Day....

There was a time in the past when I sinned a lot and life was quite nightmarish. Sin can really blow up in your face. When you resist the temptation to sin, you don’t have that problem. You have absolute peace. If you really love the Lord and love people, you will make the effort to resist the temptation to sin.

But the point of this thread is that the law is simple. We don’t have to be geniuses to go to heaven. We just have to obey the law.

Now that I've gone back and read this thread, I think I can understand where you're coming from. This is a simple faith I'm seeing...absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. You know Jesus died for your sins. You realize when you do something wrong you're chastened and miserable until you admit your sin to God. Then He wraps you in His arms and gives you perfect peace. You may be too old to read long posts, but your faith is as simple as a child's, which is something we should all subscribe to. Bless you, brother.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back