Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The term "Godhead."

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Jesus is the firstborn from the dead. This is understood that he is Chief- born from the dead. He is the first Chief and the last.
But the “I Am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end”
Refers to His God and Father.
Ecc 3:11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man's heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end. (ESV)

Yahweh:

Isa 44:6 Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: “I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god. (ESV)

Isa 46:10 declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose,’ (ESV)

Isa 48:12 "Listen to me, O Jacob, and Israel, whom I called! I am he; I am the first, and I am the last. (ESV)

Rev 1:8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” (ESV)

Jesus:

Rev 22:13 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” (ESV)

Also:

1Ti 6:15 which he will display at the proper time—he who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords,
1Ti 6:16 who alone has immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no one has ever seen or can see. To him be honor and eternal dominion. Amen. (ESV)

Rev 17:14 They will make war on the Lamb, and the Lamb will conquer them, for he is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those with him are called and chosen and faithful.” (ESV)

Rev 19:16 On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords. (ESV)

"The Alpha and the Omega," "the first and the last," "the beginning and the end"--they're all different ways of saying the same thing. These are titles of God used of Jesus, as are "King of kings" and "Lord of lords."

Ecc 3:11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man's heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end. (ESV)

Yahweh:

Isa 44:6 Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: “I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god. (ESV)

Isa 46:10 declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose,’ (ESV)

Isa 48:12 "Listen to me, O Jacob, and Israel, whom I called! I am he; I am the first, and I am the last. (ESV)

Rev 1:8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” (ESV)

Jesus:

Rev 22:13 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” (ESV)

Also:

1Ti 6:15 which he will display at the proper time—he who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords,
1Ti 6:16 who alone has immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no one has ever seen or can see. To him be honor and eternal dominion. Amen. (ESV)

Rev 17:14 They will make war on the Lamb, and the Lamb will conquer them, for he is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those with him are called and chosen and faithful.” (ESV)

Rev 19:16 On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords. (ESV)

"The Alpha and the Omega," "the first and the last," "the beginning and the end"--they're all different ways of saying the same thing. These are titles of God used of Jesus, as are "King of kings" and "Lord of lords."
Hey All,
Yup!

Or the more formal, Amen.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Please provide evidence.

Of course, which is why Jesus is also Yahweh:

Rev 1:17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last,
Rev 1:18 and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades. (ESV)

Rev 2:8 “And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: ‘The words of the first and the last, who died and came to life. (ESV)
Revelation First and Last.

As you can see there is no mention of a First and Last in the NIV, chapter 1:11. The scholars are silent about it. In the Old Testament only Yahwah is the First and Last.

KJV

Revelation 1:11
Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Revelation 1:17
And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

Revelation 2:8
And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

Revelation 22:13
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

NIV

which said: “Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.”

When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.

[ To the Church in Smyrna ] “To the angel of the church in Smyrna write: These are the words of him who is the First and the Last, who died and came to life again.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Here is the reason Yahwah alone is the First and Last. Yahwah formed First before any other, and Yahwah is the Last because none will come after Him.

Isaiah 43:10. "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD (Yahwah), "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am He. Before me no [god / God] (el / El) formed, nor will there be one after me.

Many times Yahwah says there is no other, but Him alone.

Isaiah 44:6
“This is what (the Lord / Yahwah) says— Israel’s King and Redeemer, (the Lord / Yahwah) Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

Isaiah 48:12
“Listen to me, Jacob, Israel, whom I have called: I am he; I am the first and I am the last.

The Catholics made Christ equal to God in scriptures to give the Pope power.

The is why they say the Pope is Christ incarnate,

Lord God The Pope

2 Thessalonians 2:4
Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God

"To believe that our Lord God the Pope has not the power to decree as he is decreed, is to be deemed heretical.-I?i
the Gloss "Extravagantes" o.f Pope John XXII
Cum inter,
Tit. XIV, Cap. IV. Ad Callem Sexti Decretalium, Paris,
1685."It seems that Pope John Paul II now presides over the universal Church from his place upon Christ's cross."
"Auckland Bishop Says Pope Presides From the Cross" AUCKLAND, New Zealand, SEPT. 20, 2004, Zenit.org
"For thou art the shepherd, thou art the physician, thou art the director, thou art the husbandman, finally
thou art another God on earth.
" Labbe and Cossart's "
History of the Councils
." Vol. XIV, col. 109"We hold upon this earth
the place of God Almighty
" ...
Pope Leo XIII Encyclical Letter of June 20, 1894
In an Antwerp edition of the
Extravagantes
, the words,
"Dominum Deum Nostrum Papam"
(
Our Lord God the Pope
) can be found in column 153. In a Paris edition, they are found in column 140.
"
The Pope is of so great dignity, and so exalted that he is
not a mere man, but as it were God
. and the vicar of God."
-Ferraris Ecclesiastical dictionary

"
All names which in the Scriptures are applied to Christ
, by virtue of which it is established that He is over the church,
all the same names are applied to the Pope
."
- On the Authority of the Councils, book 2, chapter 17
Roman Catholic Canon Law stipulates through Pope Innocent III that the Roman pontiff is "the vicegerent upon earth,
not a mere man, but of a very God
;" and in a gloss on the passage it is explained that this is because he is the vicegerent of Christ, who is
"very God and very man."
Decretales Domini Gregorii translatione Episcoporum,
(on the transference of Bishops),
title 7, chapter 3; Corpus Juris Canonice (2nd Leipzig ed., 1881), col. 99; (Paris, 1612), tom. 2, Devretales, col. 205
"God separates those whom the Roman Pontiff, who exercises the functions,
not of mere man, but of the true God
(...) dissolves, not by human but rather
by divine authority
." -Decretals of Gregory IX», Book 1, Chapter 7.3 "Hence the Pope is crowned with a triple crown,
as king of heaven and of earth
and of the lower regions (infernorum)."
-Lucius Ferraris, «Prompta Bibliotheca», 1763, Volume VI, 'Papa II', p.26)
"Innocent III has written: "Indeed, it is not top much to say that in view of the sublimity of their offices the priests are so many
gods.
"
-The dignity of the priesthood by Liguori p, 36
"The Pope is not only the representative of Jesus Christ,
he is Jesus Christ himself
, hidden under the veil of flesh."
Catholic National
July 1895

Hey All,

Luke 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

As you can see there is no mention of a First and Last in the NIV, chapter 1:11. The scholars are silent about it. In the Old Testament only Yahwah is the First and Last.

KJV

Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

NIV

which said: “Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.”

When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.

[ To the Church in Smyrna ] “To the angel of the church in Smyrna write: These are the words of him who is the First and the Last, who died and came to life again.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Here is the reason Yahwah alone is the First and Last. Yahwah formed First before any other, and Yahwah is the Last because none will come after Him.

Isaiah 43:10. "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD (Yahwah), "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am He. Before me no [god / God] (el / El) formed, nor will there be one after me.

“This is what (the Lord / Yahwah) says— Israel’s King and Redeemer, (the Lord / Yahwah) Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

“Listen to me, Jacob, Israel, whom I have called: I am he; I am the first and I am the last.
Hey All,
What about NIV Revelation 1:8?

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.” (NIV)

John tells us this is Jesus speaking. Jesus is calling Himself the Almighty.

NIV may have changed the words, but it does not change the message.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

KJV

NIV

Okay, so you have no proof of your claim that:

'Scriptures were altered for the Pope who is Christ incarnate.
This verse below was added.
Rev 22. "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last."'

You really need to stop making claims for which you have no proof. You have made numerous claims regarding supposed changes to the text of Scripture or mistranslation, not a single one of which you have been able to substantiate. That is called lying and deceit.

You had also stated: "Only Yahwah is the First and the Last."

And, yet, also just proved the Son is also the first and the last with Rev 1:17, 2: 8, and 22:13.

Okay, so you have no proof of your claim that:

'Scriptures were altered for the Pope who is Christ incarnate.
This verse below was added.
Rev 22. "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last."'

You really need to stop making claims for which you have no proof. You have made numerous claims regarding supposed changes to the text of Scripture or mistranslation, not a single one of which you have been able to substantiate. That is called lying and deceit.

You had also stated: "Only Yahwah is the First and the Last."

And, yet, also just proved the Son is also the first and the last with Rev 1:17, 2: 8, and 22:13.

Yahshua is not Yahwah the Father whom is the Holy Spirit.
“This is what Yahwah says— Israel’s King and Redeemer, Yahwah Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.
Yahshua said this about Yahwah.

John 17:3
Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God,

Your reading skills need improvement.

Hey All,
More proof:

Revelation 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
(Jesus was called the Lamb of God in John 1:28)

One throne, two of the three revealed personalities of the one God share the one throne.

How can this be?
If God is God, and only God can sit on the throne of God, why is Jesus attached to it?

Could it be that Jesus and the Father are one?

John 10:30
I and my Father are one.

In my best Bugs Bunny impression, "Eh could be doc."

And by the way my reading skills are just fine.
Free's skills appear to be fine as well.

We are having a discussion here.
There is no need to be insulting because we don't agree with you.

Be nice.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Hey All,

Luke 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
Hey All,
What about NIV Revelation 1:8?

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.” (NIV)

John tells us this is Jesus speaking. Jesus is calling Himself the Almighty.

NIV may have changed the words, but it does not change the message.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
In Revelation 1:4-8, the One referred to as "him which is, and which was, and which is to come" in verse 4 is distinct from Jesus Christ in verse 5. In verse 8, "him which is, and which was, and which is to come" is called God Almighty. That means Jesus isn't God.

I might add, no red letter Bible aside from the KJV and NKJV (as far as I am aware) make Revelation 1:8 a quote by Jesus anymore. It's well understood based on Scripture like Revelation 21:22 that the Lamb is not the Almighty.

In Revelation 1:4-8, the One referred to as "him which is, and which was, and which is to come" in verse 4 is distinct from Jesus Christ in verse 5. In verse 8, "him which is, and which was, and which is to come" is called God Almighty. That means Jesus isn't God.

I might add, no red letter Bible aside from the KJV and NKJV (as far as I am aware) make Revelation 1:8 a quote by Jesus anymore. It's well understood based on Scripture like Revelation 21:22 that the Lamb is not the Almighty.
Hey All,
Check it out.

John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. (KJV)

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! (NIV)

"The Lamb of God" refers to Jesus, Undeniably.

The Lamb shares the throne with God.

Revelation 22:1 NIV
Revelation 22:1 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb

Revelation 22:1 KJV
Revelation 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

So "the Lamb of God" clearly applies to Jesus.
The Lamb shares the one throne of God with God.
Only God can sit on the throne of God.
The lamb has to be God to share the throne with God.
Jesus is "the Lamb of God."
Jesus and the Father are one.

I and my Father are one.

Jesus is God the Son.

And that is how Jesus can share the throne.

Show us Scripturally how this is not true.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Yahshua is not Yahwah the Father whom is the Holy Spirit.
First, to say that Jesus is not Yahweh is fallaciously begging the question; it is an error in your reasoning. Second, the Father is not the Holy Spirit.

“This is what Yahwah says— Israel’s King and Redeemer, Yahwah Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.
Yahshua said this about Yahwah.

John 17:3
Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God,

Your reading skills need improvement.
My reading skills are fine. You are outright denying what the Bible says:

Rev 1:17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last,
Rev 1:18 and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades. (ESV)

Rev 2:8 “And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: ‘The words of the first and the last, who died and came to life.(ESV)

Please, tell me, when did the Father die? Of course, those are clearly speaking of Jesus, as is:

Also, you are being purposefully dishonest in your quote John 17:3. In full, it says:

Joh 17:3 And this is eternal life, that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. (ESV)

So, not only have you not provided evidence of your claim--that Rev 22:13 was added--which I knew would happen, you dishonestly quote Scripture in a vain attempt to support your erroneous theology and ignore inconvenient verses in the process.

Hey All,
Check it out.

John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. (KJV)

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! (NIV)

"The Lamb of God" refers to Jesus, Undeniably.

The Lamb shares the throne with God.

Revelation 22:1 NIV
Revelation 22:1 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb

Revelation 22:1 KJV

So "the Lamb of God" clearly applies to Jesus.
The Lamb shares the one throne of God with God.
Only God can sit on the throne of God.
The lamb has to be God to share the throne with God.
Jesus is "the Lamb of God."
Jesus and the Father are one.
Christians are also called lambs.

John 21
15So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

Christians also share the throne:

Revelation 3
21To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

I and my Father are one.
Christians are also one with God:

John 17
21That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

1 Corinthians 6
17But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

Jesus is God the Son.
"God the Son" doesn't exist in Scripture.

Christians are the sons of God and are not God:

1 John 3
2Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 3And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
And that is how Jesus can share the throne.

Show us Scripturally how this is not true.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
You have only demonstrated that who and what Jesus is is the same for his followers. You and I are not God, therefore Jesus is not God.

... and we still have Revelation 1:4-8 where Jesus is not the Almighty. Once you accept this, you'll get a clear idea of who Jesus really is.

Hey All,
Who is the "him" that, "In him dwells the fullness of deity” Levir?

Colossians 2:8-10 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Paul is talking about Jesus.
Jesus is God in human form.
That is what John tells us in chapter 1 of his gospel.
That is what Paul is saying here.

The term "trinity" is just a convenient way of saying God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
Paul uses Godhead.
Over time, the word "trinity" started being used instead of Godhead.

"A rose by any name would smell as sweet" to quote Shakespeare.

What I find is that those who are opposed to the word "trinity" are also usually opposed to Jesus being God in human flesh.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
Hello Josef, And how are you all? Is GOD A Trinity? Jeremiah 9:24 KJV, Just what is the nature of The True God Of The Bible?

Love, Walter

Hello Josef, And how are you all? Is GOD A Trinity? Jeremiah 9:24 KJV, Just what is the nature of The True God Of The Bible?

Love, Walter
Hey All,
I have posted this before.
I will do it again here.

Trinity is a word used to express the doctrine of the oneness of God as existing within the three distinct Persons (or personalities) of the one God. It is originates from the Greek word "trias." The first time "trias" was used was by Theophilus around 168-183 A D. The first time for the Latin term "trinitas" was by Tertullian in 220A.D. to express the Trinity doctrine. We can break down the doctrine to these four points:
1. There is only one God (Deut. 6:4; Mark 12:29, 32).
2. The Father is God and is a divine Person or Personality distinguishably different from the Son and the Holy Spirit. (Exo. 4:22-24, Isa. 44:6. 1Cor.8:6)
3. Jesus Christ is equally God, and is a Person distinguishably different from the Father and the Holy Spirit. (Deut. 18:15, Dan. 3:23-24, John 1.1; 14, John 5:18)
4. The Holy Spirit is equally God and a divine person distinguishably different from the Father and the Son. ( Genesis 1.2, Isa. 63:14, Matthew 28:19, Acts 5:3-4)

The doctrine of the Trinity was developed to help people understand the relationship between God as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Remember that, at this time 168-183 A.D., believers did not have access to a completed Bible as we do. They received their teaching through oral communication. So doctrines were introduced to help believers retain critical information.

So how can three distinct persons be one distinct person? This doesn't seem possible. How can three ones be one in total?

1 • One • I = 1 or One or I.

I can multiply any form of one in any order. Each of the ones are separate, distinct unto itself, yet they all equal each other to the point that any form may be used as the answer. That is probably as close as I can get to explaining the doctrine of the Trinity.

Have I fully explained the Trinity? Of course not. How can the finite (me) fully describe the infinite (God)? But that is how God is portrayed in the Bible. I am not going to deny what I read.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Hey All,
Hi Walter and Debbie.

Here is Jeremiah 9:24 :

Jeremiah 9:24 But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.

Part of the nature of God is here;
lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness.
But you can read that.
So what are you asking about this verse?
If I know, maybe I can answer it.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Hey All,
Who is the "him" that, "In him dwells the fullness of deity” Levir?

Colossians 2:8-10 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Paul is talking about Jesus.
Jesus is God in human form.
That is what John tells us in chapter 1 of his gospel.
That is what Paul is saying here.

The term "trinity" is just a convenient way of saying God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
Paul uses Godhead.
Over time, the word "trinity" started being used instead of Godhead.

"A rose by any name would smell as sweet" to quote Shakespeare.

What I find is that those who are opposed to the word "trinity" are also usually opposed to Jesus being God in human flesh.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
Hello Josef,
Hey All,
Hi Walter and Debbie.

Here is Jeremiah 9:24 :

Jeremiah 9:24 But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.

Part of the nature of God is here;
lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness.
But you can read that.
So what are you asking about this verse?
If I know, maybe I can answer it.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
Thank you Josef you have answered.

Love, Walter

Hey All,
I will do it again here.

Trinity is a word used to express the doctrine of the oneness of God as existing within the three distinct Persons (or personalities) of the one God. It is originates from the Greek word "trias." The first time "trias" was used was by Theophilus around 168-183 A D. The first time for the Latin term "trinitas" was by Tertullian in 220A.D. to express the Trinity doctrine. We can break down the doctrine to these four points:
2. The Father is God and is a divine Person or Personality distinguishably different from the Son and the Holy Spirit. (Exo. 4:22-24, Isa. 44:6. 1Cor.8:6)
3. Jesus Christ is equally God, and is a Person distinguishably different from the Father and the Holy Spirit. (Deut. 18:15, Dan. 3:23-24, John 1.1; 14, John 5:18)
4. The Holy Spirit is equally God and a divine person distinguishably different from the Father and the Son. ( Genesis 1.2, Isa. 63:14, Matthew 28:19, Acts 5:3-4)

The doctrine of the Trinity was developed to help people understand the relationship between God as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Remember that, at this time 168-183 A.D., believers did not have access to a completed Bible as we do. They received their teaching through oral communication. So doctrines were introduced to help believers retain critical information.

So how can three distinct persons be one distinct person? This doesn't seem possible. How can three ones be one in total?

I can multiply any form of one in any order. Each of the ones are separate, distinct unto itself, yet they all equal each other to the point that any form may be used as the answer. That is probably as close as I can get to explaining the doctrine of the Trinity.

Have I fully explained the Trinity? Of course not. How can the finite (me) fully describe the infinite (God)? But that is how God is portrayed in the Bible. I am not going to deny what I read.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
Thank you Josef.

Love, Walter

Hey All,
I will do it again here.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
Thank you for clarifying the Trinity is a doctrine. I would like to point out that Trinity doctrine isn't explained or described in the Bible. It also isn't something anyone clearly believed in the Bible. It's omission from the plain text of the Bible is great evidence that God didn't consider it important, or perhaps the Trinity is a false doctrine all together.

The Bible, on the other hand, explicitly names a person who is the God and not a God who exists in three persons. This is important for full disclosure. The Bible names the Father as the only true God (John 17:3, 1 Cor. 8:6, Ephesians 4:6, etc.) and that the person named Jesus is a human whom is God's begotten Son. The Holy Spirit is another name for the Father who is Himself God.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back