Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The term "Godhead."

You might reason that the Father poured all that He is into the Firstborn. Therefore Jesus, His Son, is all that the Father is and in that context God.
So, Is Jesus God?
He never dies.
Yes, He is all that the Father is.
No, He has always been the Son.
I agree that it was YHWH God who gave his only begotten Son his divine nature. But I disagree that Jesus is YHWH God because people are not going to convince me that YHWH God was given his divine nature. There is only one true God his name is YHWH, and he is the Father and God of Jesus Christ.

I agree that it was YHWH God who gave his only begotten Son his divine nature. But I disagree that Jesus is YHWH God because people are not going to convince me that YHWH God was given his divine nature. There is only one true God his name is YHWH, and he is the Father and God of Jesus Christ.
He is all that Father is. Such a being is God. The Deity that lives in Him forever is the Fathers not His own. They are one. He is not the Father He is the Son. I agree the Father alone is the only true God but the Son is the radiance of the Fathers glory and the imprint of the Fathers very being. One God the Father and one Lord Jesus Christ. The throne of God and of the Lamb forever.

Why do you think the Father states
You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy."

It is therefore lawful to call the Son God in regard to the nature found in Him. God was the Logos.

He is all that Father is. Such a being is God. The Deity that lives in Him forever is the Fathers not His own. They are one. He is not the Father He is the Son. I agree the Father alone is the only true God but the Son is the radiance of the Fathers glory and the imprint of the Fathers very being. One God the Father and one Lord Jesus Christ. The throne of God and of the Lamb forever.

Why do you think the Father states
You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy."

It is therefore lawful to call the Son God in regard to the nature found in Him. God was the Logos.
Ahhh... you have the assumption that God is something that inhabits one or more persons who share the same nature. The theologians who developed this concept in the 4th century didn't understand that being in the image of the Son and, therefore, in the image of God are what every true child of God will be conformed to.

The way the Trinity actually works is that God is converted into an essence. The essence is distributed among three members. The essence, therefore, is actually the God in Trinitarianism and the persons would not be God. It's very problematic, full of too many holes and contradictions with Scripture. They developed this doctrine because they wanted to make Jesus into God and were confused about who the Holy Spirit is.

God is actually a person called YHWH, also known as the Father. That's it. It's very simple and repeated dozens of times in Scripture, and doesn't require complicated arguments to explain. I also find that non-believers digest and accept these facts easily because it doesn't take long to explain since it harnesses the common sense most people have. The Trinity is an incomprehensible mystery and requires years of Sunday school and people still can't fully wrap their head around it.

Amen, sir.

The term "Godhead" is an English variant of the word "godhood" and was first introduced by John Wycliffe (1330-1384 C.E.) in English Bible versions as godhede.

The word "Godhead" is a translation of three different Greek words, theion (meaning "divinity, deity", # 2304 in Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament) at Acts 17:29, and theiotēs (meaning "divinity, divine nature", # 2305 in Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament) at Romans 1:20, and theotēs (meaning "deity", # 2320 in Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament) at Colossians 2:9.

To translate three different Greek words as one word is deviously incorrect. This is not unlike having three different names for one street on a map (with the real name hidden), so that when a person used it, he wound up lost. Likewise of those who read Bibles with "Godhead" in it, thereby misleading a person that the trinity is "real".

Hence, the need for an accurate Bible, one that renders the Hebrew and Greek words and phrases with a high degree of precision, just as a map that can be counted on to provide exact information. Unfortunately, many Bibles follow the lead of the King James Bible, or is otherwise biased, because the trinity, along with a host of other religious teachings that are not true, that has such a strangle hold on so many.
While there may be differing interpretations of certain scriptural terms, we must remember that at the heart of our faith is the profound mystery of God's love for humanity, made manifest in Jesus Christ.

Rather than focusing on linguistic debates or doctrinal divisions, let us reflect on how we can deepen our relationship with God and live out His call to love one another. The essence of our faith is not found in precise translations or theological formulations, but in encountering the living God and allowing His love to transform our lives and our world.

We are all on a journey of faith, seeking to understand the infinite mystery of God with our limited human minds. Let us be patient with one another, recognizing that we see only partially now, as through a glass darkly. What matters most is not our intellectual grasp of divine concepts, but how we live out our faith in love and service to others.

Remember the words of St. Paul: “If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.“ Let us focus on growing in love - love for God and love for our neighbor. This is the true measure of our faith.

While there may be differing interpretations of certain scriptural terms, we must remember that at the heart of our faith is the profound mystery of God's love for humanity, made manifest in Jesus Christ.

Rather than focusing on linguistic debates or doctrinal divisions, let us reflect on how we can deepen our relationship with God and live out His call to love one another. The essence of our faith is not found in precise translations or theological formulations, but in encountering the living God and allowing His love to transform our lives and our world.

We are all on a journey of faith, seeking to understand the infinite mystery of God with our limited human minds. Let us be patient with one another, recognizing that we see only partially now, as through a glass darkly. What matters most is not our intellectual grasp of divine concepts, but how we live out our faith in love and service to others.

Remember the words of St. Paul: “If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.“ Let us focus on growing in love - love for God and love for our neighbor. This is the true measure of our faith.
Amen and I agree with that. We should start saying amen more when we agree on something. However, this is an apologetics thread so there is going to be some debating. The person you are replying to is not out of line, but rather I agree with him.

Back