Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Why belief in Jesus' deity is essential for salvation...

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I find it somewhat saddening that something like The Trinity, which to apply human understanding to our God is a bit crazy, divides brothers in Christ so much.

I openly admit that I cannot fathom the trinity. There are many questions that I know will not be answered this side of heaven. However, I feel confident that by me professing Christ's diety, that I am NOT professing something unbiblical.

I take comfort in the fact that I follow God who is not bound by my understanding, therefore I will follow when he calls.

Fnerb said:
I find it somewhat saddening that something like The Trinity, which to apply human understanding to our God is a bit crazy, divides brothers in Christ so much.

I openly admit that I cannot fathom the trinity. There are many questions that I know will not be answered this side of heaven. However, I feel confident that by me professing Christ's diety, that I am NOT professing something unbiblical.

I take comfort in the fact that I follow God who is not bound by my understanding, therefore I will follow when he calls.

''Folks''
These three paragraphs say a mountainful...
Great post :smt023

Fnerb said:

Those who do not know Jesus Christ is God Almighty are not brothers in Christ. They have not been born of the Spirit of God. As soon as Thomas believed, he knew Jesus as Lord God.

Imagican said:
Av, Now, show me ONE place in the NT where Christ was called 'The Father'. Neither Christ NOR any of His apostles EVER stated that Christ WAS The Father.
So OBVIOUSLY there is some MISUNDERSTANDING from this line of the OT. For Christ has NOT been called Father, EVEN those that created 'trinity' did NOT call Christ FATHER.
Mec - of course Christ was not called the Father for Christ is the Son not the Father – The trinity is made up of three persons – all separate but one. God manifests himself in three distinct persons. Christ is not the Father but he is God.

You keep trying to tell me what you think the verses mean – instead of just believing what they actually say.

You never did tell me why so many great saints in the past missed this truth while you and a few others figured it out.

I think it is time to bow out – nothing more can be done here.

As I meditated on one of my favorite verses today (Phil. 2:12) - I read the context of the verse and could not help but be reminded of this discussion.

Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in (J)Christ Jesus,

6who, although He (K)existed in the (L)form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,

7but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.

8Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

9For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name,

10so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

11and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

12So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling;

AVBunyan said:
Mec - of course Christ was not called the Father for Christ is the Son not the Father – The trinity is made up of three persons – all separate but one. God manifests himself in three distinct persons. Christ is not the Father but he is God.

You keep trying to tell me what you think the verses mean – instead of just believing what they actually say.

You never did tell me why so many great saints in the past missed this truth while you and a few others figured it out.

I think it is time to bow out – nothing more can be done here.

Av,

It 'appears' as if 'the truth' SCARES you. For I have the ANSWER to your question and have offered it MANY times BEFORE. Here it is;

Martin Luther SAW MANY 'things' that the CC was teaching that WERE WRONG. Because of this, his attempt at 'bringing them to the attention of the CC 'slipped out' and the Reformation was begun.

Luther was studying to BE a Priest. This man was DEVOTED to The CC. It was ONLY upon READING The TRUTH, (The Bible), that he was ABLE to SEE what the CC was DOING AGAINST The Word. Previous to his exposure to The Word, he ONLY knew was he was taught since childhood. He knew EXACTLY what he had been TAUGHT and followed it AS A GOOD CHRISTIAN. BUT, upon STUDY of The Word, he THEN 'SAW' the FALSE teaching that was being practiced AGAINST the 'people'.

'Trinity' was something that he NEVER questioned for it had been INGRAINED into the common consciousness to the point NO ONE would DARE question it ANY LONGER, (by the time of Luther). Parents had TAUGHT their children WELL that to DISPUTE the CC was to bring suffering and DEATH to ANYONE that so chose. It took but a FEW generations from IT'S induction for there to BE NO DENIAL of it.

So, Martin was a PRODUCT of his RELIGION. Even being ABLE to 'see' SOME of that which that CC had WRONGLY interpreted, there were MANY things that were JUST TOO iNGRAINED IN HIS MENTALITY to EVEN Question. One of these WAS 'trinity'.

IF he had been ABLE to 'start OVER', start AFRESH WITHOUT this 'trinity' being INGRAINED in his understanding, I would be willing to BET that he would have SEEN the fallacy of IT as well as the other things that he wrote about.

So, the ANSWER to your question; IF 'trinity' is NOT Biblically sound and IF 'trinity' is NOT 'truth', HOW do you supposed there are those TODAY that STILL hold to it more dear than the SIMPLE words of understanding ACTUALLY offered in The Word?

Av, it's NO different than YOUR understanding of the WORD RED. You KNOW what the word 'red' MEANS. There is NO way that I could convince you otherwise. But you KNOW that 'red' is JUST a 'word'. A word describing a 'color' that may or may not have ANY significance OTHER than at ONE POINT 'somehow' RED came to define the COLOR that we associate WITH RED. In other words, it is very OBVIOUS that if the definer of a word had decided to call TIME 'emit', People NOW would be asking 'What 'emit' is it'?

ONCE the CC had DESTROYED through imprisonment, torture or DEATH, ALL that refuted their teachings of 'trinity', it took but FEW generations for 'trinity' to be KNOWN by EVERY GOOD CATHOLIC. And ALMOST every MAJOR denomination of TODAY is NOTHING but an OFF-Shoot of the Catholic Church.

You are absolutely RIGHT in that; So long as YOU INSIST to 'believe' in 'trinity' that is NOTHING that ANY HUMAN on this PLANET can do to 'alter' your perception. And we KNOW this; 'there WILL be those that choose to follow a lie, and for those, God HIMSELF will offer STRONG delusion so that they WILL BELIEVE this LIE'. Doesn't matter if we equate this with 'trinity', OSAS, Baptism, etc,,,,,,,,,,, IF you CHOOSE to BELIEVE that it IS this way or that, there WILL be offered 'SIGNS' that this IS the WAY.

But, REGARDLESS of one's BELIEFS or RELIGION, there is BUT ONE TRUTH. Ours is but to FIND it. And, 'Straight IS the gate and narrow the way, that leadeth UNTO LIFE and FEW there be that FIND IT.

All this I have offered OVER AND OVER. I find it amazing that the MORE 'truth' that I offer, the MORE I am accused of bearing FALSE witness. Of NOT POSSIBLY being 'saved'. You, Solo, AND others are certainly some 'funny folks'. For the Bible I READ states without FLAW that these sorts of 'judgement' are reserved for God and His Son. Yet there are MEN that continually IGNORE this for the sake of SELF, and 'think' that it is within their capacity to DO SO.

What I observe here is the SAME attitude of 'trinity' believers that the CC USED to instill this doctrine into the main-stream. Threats and innuendo used to coerce others into submission. And it MOSTLY worked. Although MOST that it worked on were NOT secure in their relationship with God or they would have been MURDERED right along side those that WERE.

MEC

Imagican said:
Av,
It 'appears' as if 'the truth' SCARES you. For I have the ANSWER to your question and have offered it MANY times BEFORE. Here it is;
Mec - you assessment of me is wrong.

I've been hammered on forums by some real heavy hitters over the years surrounding this issue, the KJV issue, right division, and justification by faith, etc. and I've never run from a "chat" yet - and I believe most here will vouch for me here...at least in this area.

So, please don't assume I can't handle truth - may not like it when it reveals my sin nature but I do not run from forum "chats".

I just feel the time has come where there can be nothing more said - it is not redeeming the time.

In my opinion you are the one who has not responded correctly to the clear texts on Christ's deity.

BTW - you never explained how you were able to see your view while the Puritan writers and preachers did not :o

Av,

I DID answer your question. You just REFUSED to 'hear it'.

Let's try again and put it more SIMPLY;

I had NOT been 'brain-washed' by 'trinity' when first COMING to Christ.

These 'puritanical' writers to which you refer HAD already been EXPOSED to this 'doctrine' and had ACCEPTED it. This gave them a 'handicap' if you will. They were FORCED by DOCTRINE to 'read' a 'trinity' INTO the Word.

Look, I started out in this life CHOOSING to be a 'sinner BEYOND compare. NO, there HAVE probably been WORSE, granted, but I WAS among MANY that thought I would just SEE how far I could PUSH the boundaries.

At one point I GAVE UP. Something inside me JUST 'changed'. I DID NOT DO IT. For if left to my own decisions and desires, I would STILL be where I was THEN.

I began TO PRAY. For the FIRST time in my life I began to HONEST ASK FOR HELP. For PREVIOUS to this 'awakening' I BELIEVED that I had it ALL together. Money, Drugs, Women, Cars,....you name it, I had it pretty much in abundance. I lived for ONE THING; ME. But I was NEVER one to ENJOY hurting people and I TRULY believe that the one's that I hurt MOST were MYSELF and those that LOVED me. And I 'believe that it was this UNWILLING to INTENTIONALLY hurt 'others' that made it even POSSIBLE for me to BE changed.

But the 'change' DID take place. And upon being 'saved' I dove HEAD-LONG into the Word. Couldn't get ENOUGH of it. DAY and NIGHT. EVEN IN THE DARK, that's ALL I did, READ and PRAY.

This went on for close to ONE YEAR. It was when I was 'growing' in ways I would NEVER have dreamed POSSIBLE when I was FIRST exposed to 'your trinity'. I had 'heard' the word but had NO IDEA what it MEANT. Upon hearing it's ATTEMPTED explanation I was DEVASTATED. For I FELT that God had UTTERLY betrayed me. It didn't take but a short period of time, 'a DAY or so', until the TRUTH began to BE REVEALED. And PLEASE don't confuse BEGAN with ENDED.

After the revelation that 'trinity' was NOT Biblical NOR was it EVEN MEANT to be 'revealed' as TRUTH, I began a study that lasted for OVER a YEAR. For the MORE I was exposed to 'supposed Christians', the MORE this 'doctrine' was PUSHED at me. I felt COMPELLED to KNOW the TRUTH 'behind' it.

I read EVERYTHING that I could get my hands on that dealt with the HISTORY of this 'doctrine'. IT SOON BECAME evident WHAT had 'brought it INTO BEING'. And NO, Av, it was NOT the apostles, NOR even the FIRST followers of Christ. For ONCE this doctrine was introduced into 'Christianity', the SUPPOSED Christians that introduced it BEGAN to 'systematically' DESTROY ANYONE that 'spoke out ' against it.

Now, FOR ANYONE that has the SLIGHTEST inkling of WHO Christ IS and WHAT He CAME FOR, this kind of 'behavior'; that offered by the 'creators' of 'trinity', is JUST THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT CHRIST CAME FOR. Persecution of those that professed Christ as their SAVIOR if they DID NOT agree that Christ WAS God. TORTURING and MURDERING ALL that disagreed with this 'doctrine'. READ it for YOURSELF. The history is PLAINLY available to ANY AND ALL that WISH to KNOW the TRUTH.

Now, ANYONE can 'CLAIM' to BE a 'Christian'. SORRY folks, but the TRUTH is that there are MILLIONS of times MORE people that 'claim' to BE 'Christian' than there EVER have been IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND. And they ARE 'CHRISTIANS'; IN WORD ONLY.

My point is that the Catholics CLAIMED to BE 'CHRISTIANS' but there FRUIT bears witness that they were NOT following the EXAMPLE offered BY CHRIST HIMSELF. Now YOU TELL ME; HOW can you 'claim' to BE a Christian yet FOLLOW SATAN? For you CANNOT serve TWO MASTERS. And the CC made it PERFECTLY clear for about SEVENTEEN HUNDRED YEARS 'who' THEIR master was. STEALING from the congregation, ADULTERY, FORNICATION, BEARING FALSE WITNESS, MURDERING, TORTURING, and EVEN sinking so far as CREATING their OWN god in the NAME OF Jesus Christ. And THEIR OWN goddess that they named MARY, The Mother of God.

I write this NOT TO ANY Catholics that READ it. I am SIMPLY offering the TRUTH. Politically CORRECT; BY NO means. But TRUTH regardless of WHO LIKES IT.

They did a pretty GOOD job, Av. They made it SUCH a 'threat' to disagree with ANYTHING that they commanded that eventually there was NO ONE LEFT to 'disagree'. ONLY submissive 'followers'. Willing to follow ANYTHING that they stated for the sake of 'self-preservation'. Becoming SO weak through 'false doctrine' that there were FEW that even WERE ABLE to have ANY faith in God Himself. For the one's that DID KNOW, were IMMEDIATELY put to death by their OWN FORCED CONFESSIONS OF HERESY.

Enough of the HISTORY lesson.

I WAS NOT exposed to this 'doctrine' until AFTER being 'born again' so I KNOW that it is NOT NEEDED for Salvation. And listening to those that DO believe it accusing me of NOT being saved just offers FURTHER PROOF of JUST HOW DANGEROUS this 'doctrine' IS. For ME, one that is accused of NOT being saved, has a "CLEARER" understanding of the BASIC principles of Salvation than those that would ACCUSE me of NOT being saved.

It is proven MORE AND MORE each day right here ON THIS forum by those that 'CLAIM trinity' yet can't even adhere to the BASICS of BEING a 'Christian'. Bearing FALSE witness against another. DECLARING that I am NOT their 'brother'. Attempting to USURP the authority in Christ and GOD, by STATING that they KNOW whether another IS or ISN'T saved.

And Av, the ONLY difference that I SEE between ME and THEE is 'trinity'. So it MUST be this 'doctrine' that allows one to REMAIN blind to what Christ OFFERED IN EXAMPLE.

I make statements about love and NO ONE seems to 'GET IT'. Oh, they rattle on about it, but SHOW little UNDERSTANDING of it. Choosing to TAKE SIDES like it's US against Them. PEOPLE; WAKE UP. It's NOT ME against YOU. We are FIGHTING for our EVERLASTING lives. And THE MOST that I could do is take one's FLESH. We battle NOT against the PHYSICAL but the SPIRITUAL. And we ONLY get ONE CHANCE to WIN. One NEED run THIS race like YOU MEAN TO WIN IT. For this 'watered down' 'let's PLAY 'Christian' ain't gonna cut it.

Warm fuzzies? Is that's what it's all about? Feeling GOOD? Most of the 'churches' are full of what appear to be 'drug addicts' that have exchanged their drug of choice for a god that they have named Jesus Christ. IGNORING EVERYTHING that Christ HIMSELF stated as to WHO God IS. IGNORING everything revealed to God's CHOSEN 'people'.

The CC persecuted the JEWS for well OVER A THOUSAND YEARS. Reacon that MAY have had an INFLUENCE on their INSISTING upon a 'different god'? Choosing to worship one of their OWN 'creation' rather than 'bow' to the God of the JEWS? Reacon that MAY have a little 'something' to do with their behavior during the Hitler's reign?

I AM NOT A JEW. I am what would be considered by MANY as a WASP. But you will NOT catch me placing MYSELF in such a category. I AM a 'son of God'. A 'slave BOUGHT with a PRICE'. And willingly SERVE my Masters; God AND His Son.

MEC

Solo said:
:o 45 "I"s used out of 1260 words and no Scripture.

The usage of "I" in most all of MEC's posts is around 3% of the words of the entire post with 0% Scripture. That speaks volumes of the spirit guiding MEC.

It certainly puts the miles on my mouse wheel.
icon_treadmill.gif

Imagican said:
Av, These 'puritanical' writers to which you refer HAD already been EXPOSED to this 'doctrine' and had ACCEPTED it. This gave them a 'handicap' if you will. They were FORCED by DOCTRINE to 'read' a 'trinity' INTO the Word.
You just exposed the fact that you know very little about these men, their lives, their convictions, etc.

It appears you have ears to hear but you hear not. You give to much "credit" to Rome and its influence.

Your interpretations of the time period and the men of this period are somewhat confused with "Mec" private interpretation.

There is too much "Mec" in your "learning" and research.

Much learning hath doth made thee mad - Acts 26:24.

MarkT,

There, just making sure you see that I'm responding... this is a busy thread and I got a little behind.

Anyways, I appreciated you taking the time to respond to all my points. One thing stood out to me:

No one is saying Jesus isn't God. What we're saying is that the Father is his God.

So, Jesus is your God then?

See, I believe there is subordination within the Godhead.

Jesus is God and the creator and always will be equal to the Father in that sense... but Jesus has made the choice to submit to the Father

I think scripture is pretty clear on this submission and when it happened:

Jesus was equal rank to the Father from eternity to creation (John 1:1-3 , Colossians 1:16 , Hebrews 1:8-10 )

Jesus was equal rank to the Father from creation to incarnation (Philippians 2:5-6)

Jesus submitted to the Father during his earthly life...ie from birth to cross (John 14:28 , Philippians 2:5-8 , Mark 14:36 , Luke 22:27 , John 5:19 , John 6:38, John 7:16 , Luke 4:18 , and Matthew 20:23 )

Jesus submitted to the Father between his resurrection and ascension. (John 20:17)

Jesus submits to the Father from his ascension up to now. (1 Corinthians 11:3 , 2 Corinthians 1:3 , Acts 4:27-30 )

And Jesus will continue to submit to the Father after the second coming. ( 1 Corinthians 15:28)

Veritas
Excellent post and I missed that Quote from Bundy or I would have jumped all over it....

Secondly, Right now Jesus is at the right hand of the father, but when it is all said and done he will take his rightful place atop the God head...

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.

In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace 8 which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, 9 having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, 10 that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earthâ€â€in Him. 11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, 12 that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.
In verse 5 we have ''This mystery / unveiled truth that is God’s good pleasure to purpose in Christ to bring all things in heaven and on earth under His headship in the consummation of time.

This of course is in reference to the millenial kingdom and the despensation
is an arrangement or position...A hierarchy where Jesus is at the top....

col 1:19-20
19 For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell, 20 and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.

AVBunyan said:
You just exposed the fact that you know very little about these men, their lives, their convictions, etc.

It appears you have ears to hear but you hear not. You give to much "credit" to Rome and its influence.

Your interpretations of the time period and the men of this period are somewhat confused with "Mec" private interpretation.

There is too much "Mec" in your "learning" and research.

Much learning hath doth made thee mad - Acts 26:24.

Perhaps there IS 'something' to what you say, Av. My wife's Father has the ULTIMATE answer EVERY time that he is confronted with something that I offer that he does NOT understand. Here it is; "you know what YOUR problem is? YOU READ TOO MUCH". And my response to him, "to you, Dave, you are ABSOLUTELY right". For it is HIS interpretation that takes precedent over ANYTHING 'factual'.

As I stated, my understanding did NOT happen 'yesterday'. For any with ANY understanding, my words show 'the truth'. I have 'made up NOTHING' concerning the Catholic Church and have actually offered LITTLE that COULD be offered.

The CC was the ONLY VISIBLE church for quite a few HUNDREDS of YEARS. To deny the influence it has had ON Christianity, PERIOD, is to ignore the FACTS surrounding it.

And I AM WELL AWARE that the words that I offer ARE different than your pastor will offer in this Sunday's service. There is NO doubt that much of what I offer is alien to MOST that have learned NOTHING other than what their 'church' teaches them. A few lines of scripture; here and there, and a 'cute' story to go along with it. NOW let's pass the plate.

And I am ALSO aware that this is what seems to PLEASE the MAJORITY of those that 'claim' Christianity. "Let's NOT get too deep. Short and sweet is the WAY that they LIKE it". And would ANYONE argue with a 'job' like that? And MUSIC TOO?

But folks, there is a 'deeper' meaning and a MUCH more vivid 'truth' than that sort of 'watered down' RELIGION. That there are FEW that can 'stomach it' is of NO surprise.

This 'attack and defense' game here has gone on long enough. I had thought that words of wisdom and truth would 'prevail' and have been SHOWN 'otherwise'. So, INSTEAD of offering 'meat', let us go back to 'milk'.

This thread is pretty much dead except for my 'ranting' and use of "I's" anyway. What I will do is dig up scripture for Solo and play the 'attack the man with the truth' game that everyone else seems to favor.

I think that there would be 'much more fun' in this game than one in which one is UNABLE to 'attack' the 'scriptures themselves'. So, have your fun while you CAN. Enjoy it while it lasts.

I have been working lately, on a compilation of scripture that PLAINLY SHOWS that Christ IS The Son of God. NOT God, but HIS SON. And that the Father of Jesus Christ IS God. It will be interesting HOW MUCH of what I have ALREADY gathered will be COMPLETELY IGNORED in favor of this 'trinity' doctrine.

For those here RIGHT NOW, that participate in the NEXT ONE, mark these words, for I WILL remind you of EXACTLY what I have stated RIGHT HERE, (Just call me a 'prophet of sorts', able to READ the FUTURE), for I already KNOW that what I have to offer will be 'picked through' just as many seem to do the same with the WORDS as offered IN The Holy Bible.

Funny, you guys always have some comment about how I am 'LOST', but read my posts ANYWAY. You know, IF someone wrote some 'garbage' that I COULDN'T agree with or made NO sense whatsoever; THE LAST thing I would do would be to EVEN READ IT. And ONLY a fool would ARGUE with ANOTHER FOOL.

Blessing Folks,

MEC

Imagican wrote:
Funny, you guys always have some comment about how I am 'LOST', but read my posts ANYWAY. You know, IF someone wrote some 'garbage' that I COULDN'T agree with or made NO sense whatsoever; THE LAST thing I would do would be to EVEN READ IT. And ONLY a fool would ARGUE with ANOTHER FOOL.

Well I want to understand where you are coming from. I care about the Truth, and I care about others knowing it. It's important. I care about you too; and your eternal destination. I'm sure others here do too. So we will read what you write. And pray for you. :)

Thank you for confirming once again that you are not born again, and are only a "natural" man. Many on this board are praying for your salvation. The Scripture is clear that the natural man cannot receive the spiritual things of God because they are "foolishness" to him. That is why you cannot understand the words in the Scripture and the count of same seems nuts to you. There is only ONE LORD, and when you become born again, born of God, you will be able to clearly see that which I am explaining to you and others.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ. 1 Corinthians 2:12-16

Jesus is LORD of your Lord as the Scripture declares that JESUS CHRIST IS LORD OF LORDS. You my friend have no understanding of the Scripture as you have not been born of God which is evident by your not being able to confess that JESUS CHRIST IS LORD. You would rather stand by your own wisdom and understanding as opposed to stand on the wisdom and understanding of JESUS CHRIST the LORD JEHOVAH GOD. Even the demons believe that JESUS is the Son of God and they tremble; they too do not have the eyes to see LORD JEHOVAH GOD INCARNATE.

Yeah. But you don't. You believe he is GOD INCARNATE. There's no excuse for your ignorance Solo. You can't say Jesus is the Son of God but really he is LORD JEHOVAH GOD, whatever that means. You've got the name in English and again in Hebrew. Wanna try French?

Jesus is Lord, 'Lord' meaning the master of the house. Jesus said, "In my Father's house are many rooms". Jesus was the 'house'; the Father's dwelling. He was the temple in whom 'the fullness of God was pleased to dwell'. The Father is the 'master' of his house or 'his Lord' just as Jesus is the 'master' of our house or 'our Lord'. Like Paul said, 'we have the mind of Christ.' He is our head. God is his head.

MarkT said:
Yeah. But you don't. You believe he is GOD INCARNATE. There's no excuse for your ignorance Solo. You can't say Jesus is the Son of God but really he is LORD JEHOVAH GOD, whatever that means. You've got the name in English and again in Hebrew. Wanna try French?

Jesus is Lord, 'Lord' meaning the master of the house. Jesus said, "In my Father's house are many rooms". Jesus was the 'house'; the Father's dwelling. He was the temple in whom 'the fullness of God was pleased to dwell'. The Father is the 'master' of his house or 'his Lord' just as Jesus is the 'master' of our house or 'our Lord'. Like Paul said, 'we have the mind of Christ.' He is our head. God is his head.
It really is too bad that you have not the aptitude to investigate the Word of God in an objective fashion with humility as your guide, for the Holy Spirit is again attempting to open your eyes and ears with the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is a simple faith that can accept Jesus Christ as the Son of God, the Son of man, God Almighty, and man. The Scripture is clear in all of these aspects of who JESUS CHRIST is.

When you become born of God, born again, let me know so that we can fellowship together. You have no Scriptural backing for your position, and you have not been able to refute the Scripture revealing that JESUS CHRIST is the LORD JEHOVAH GOD come in the flesh. Too bad.

How many Lord's are there in your religion? Evidently, many. You must have a polytheistic understanding of the Lords.

Is Jehovah God Lord? Is Jesus Christ Lord? Are they both the same Lord? Which one is the Lord of Lords?

I have presented you with plenty of Scripture that reveals that Jesus is not only the Son of God, but that he is also the Son of Man, and that he is also the LORD JEHOVAH GOD come in the flesh.

Veritas said:
Well I want to understand where you are coming from. I care about the Truth, and I care about others knowing it. It's important. I care about you too; and your eternal destination. I'm sure others here do too. So we will read what you write. And pray for you. :)

That you 'care' is a VERY large 'step' in the RIGHT direction. For LOVE cannot be attained without EMPATHY. And where does "TRUTH" come from?

And that you DO have concern for others and their 'final destination' shows that YOU DO have at least a 'sprinkling' of the LOVE that God has wished SO MUCH to 'share' with US.

Your prayers are CERTAINLY appreciated. Not ONLY for MY sake, but for YOURS. For it is ONLY when we exhibit the LOVE that we have been GIVEN that it is EVEN POSSIBLE to actually PARTICIPATE IN IT.

I appreciate your post and can only 'hope' that others that READ IT may allow it to 'plant a seed' that; once nurtured, may be allowed to GROW strong and true.

My words concerning a 'fool arguing with a fool' were words that this WORLD would understand. That is WHY I offered them. That YOU would offer a 'reply' such as you have is a strong indication that those words of this 'world' had LITTLE effect on your acceptance of what God has to offer rather than 'this world'.

Blessings,

MEC

A simple faith! The simple acquire folly.

The faith of children is simple, yet Jesus says unless we come as a child we shall not enter the kingdom. The Bible also talks about the "simplicity that is in Christ". What do you make of that?

Holy is thy name Jesus!

God alone is truely holy and good. Is this an admission?

~Josh

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back