Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why Christians Cannot Sin

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Sorry about your dads.
Thanks.
Sin is the transgression of God's law, 1 John 3:4.
That is only one small part of "sin," not the whole definition.
Since the word "is" is used, it can go either way linguistically, both in English and in Greek.
It is just as correct to translate that phrase as "transgression of the Law is sin."

By definition, the words translated "sin" in both testaments are archery terms meaning to aim at a target but "miss the mark" or bulls eye. Paul used that definition in Rom 3.23 where he also used the archery image to say that all have sinned (missed the mark) and fall short.
He also goes on in Rom 14.23 to say that what ever is not from faith is sin. Even absolute obedience is sin if not done in proper faith.

So it is possible to be in a situation where you "sinned if you do and sinned if you don't."

What are you going to do about Romans 7:7-25 where Paul said, "For I know that in me (that is in my flesh) dwells no good thing: for to will is present with me: but how to perform that which is good I find not" Romans 7:18.

I have been a Christian for over 50 years, I have not known anyone that I thought was sinless.

Paul also said, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10. " For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23.

If you were without sin, you would not be on this earth, you would be in heaven.
Unlike yourself, I read the Bible in context. You need to get beyond Romans 7!!!

Sorry about your dads.

Sin is the transgression of God's law, 1 John 3:4. There are hundreds and hundreds of laws in the Bible, if you fail to do the whole law you are a sinner, James 2:10 and are under the curse, Galatians 3:10.
If you live by the law, you are not a Christian.

Romans 7:4-6, " In the same way, my brothers and sisters, you have died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead in order that we may bear fruit for God. For while we were living in the flesh, our sinful passions, aroused by the law, were at work in our members to bear fruit for death. But now we are discharged from the law, dead to that which held us captive, so that we are enslaved in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the written code.

If you live by the law, you are not a Christian.

Romans 7:4-6, " In the same way, my brothers and sisters, you have died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead in order that we may bear fruit for God. For while we were living in the flesh, our sinful passions, aroused by the law, were at work in our members to bear fruit for death. But now we are discharged from the law, dead to that which held us captive, so that we are enslaved in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the written code.
Flesh and blood did not reveal that to you.

Thanks.

That is only one small part of "sin," not the whole definition.
Since the word "is" is used, it can go either way linguistically, both in English and in Greek.
It is just as correct to translate that phrase as "transgression of the Law is sin."

By definition, the words translated "sin" in both testaments are archery terms meaning to aim at a target but "miss the mark" or bulls eye. Paul used that definition in Rom 3.23 where he also used the archery image to say that all have sinned (missed the mark) and fall short.
He also goes on in Rom 14.23 to say that what ever is not from faith is sin. Even absolute obedience is sin if not done in proper faith.

So it is possible to be in a situation where you "sinned if you do and sinned if you don't."
The Bible plainly teaches that, "There is none righteous, no not one" Romans 3:10.

The Bible plainly teaches that, "There is none righteous, no not one" Romans 3:10.
You are clearly quoting Scripture out of context. According to your fallacious reasoning nobody in the body of Christ is righteous. That is clearly blasphemy. More of your pathetic eisegesis!

You are clearly quoting Scripture out of context. According to your fallacious reasoning nobody in the body of Christ is righteous. That is clearly blasphemy. More of your pathetic eisegesis!
You believe that you are righteous? Paul said, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

You believe that you are righteous? Paul said, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.
There are different kinds of righteousness.

Theologians use the terms "imparted" and "imputed." I (not a theologian) do not remember which is which.
One is us being declared legally righteous on the basis of our Lord's death and resurrection.
The other is the practical righteousness we grow into as we walk with HIM, being changed from glory to glory.

Once again, you are clearly misquoting Scripture.

Romans 1:17, "For in it the righteousness of God is revealed through faith for faith, as it is written, “The one who is righteous will live by faith.”

Romans 2:13, "For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous in God’s sight but the doers of the law who will be justified.

Romans 3:21-22, "But now, apart from the law, the righteousness of God has been disclosed and is attested by the Law and the Prophets, the righteousness of God through the faith of Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction"

Romans 4:3, "For what does the scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness.”

Romans 4:5-6, "But to one who does not work but trusts him who justifies the ungodly, such faith is reckoned as righteousness. So also David pronounces a blessing on those to whom God reckons righteousness apart from works"

Romans 4:11, "He received the sign of circumcision as a seal of the righteousness that he had by faith while he was still uncircumcised. The purpose was to make him the ancestor of all who believe without being circumcised and who thus have righteousness reckoned to them"

Romans 5:17, "
If, because of the one man’s trespass, death reigned through that one, much more surely will those who receive the abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ."

There is much more, but these quotes clearly show that you are totally wrong. I'm not sure what you're trying to prove, but the result is that either you have no understanding of Christian doctrine, or you're just trying to be "funny" or contraray to the truth.

Back