Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

WHY DID GOD GIVE THE TEN COMMANDMENTS?

My friend and brother in Christ, good to hear from you again!

I see you have avoided my last post to you? I guess I have now become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

That is no new thing for us who preach Pauls Gospel! I have lost many that was dear to me because Of the things I preach!
Look at my threads? I declare these things boldly wherever I go! I have been given the left foot of fellowship so many times its no longer an issue to make religious folks mad for sake of the truth.

You say the law does not condemn? yet your last post showed the condemnation and guilt that is a great yoke upon you!

Come and learn of Me, for My yoke is easy and My burden is light -saith the Lord His Commandments are not burdensome?

yet you are under a heavy yoke? Could it be your pride and religious traditions have deceived you?

You claim you are justified and yet a sinner? Paul was not claiming that he was a sinner! He was saying that as religious as he was he was a killer of the innocent!

He was saying what I have been saying? that of myself I am nothing, the worst of sinners! I do not nor did Paul need the law any longer to show me my need for Christ, but after faith has come we cast out the bondwoman!

We are now justified freely by His Grace! how can we who are justified By Christ be found sinners by the law!

I tell you, I am in doubt of you! your faith will not endure, you will turn away from true faith if you do not turn from law and see only Christ!

It is better for you to walk away now? unless the law turns you into a hypocrite. like many who live in sin, and then go condemn others with law. Thier conscience so defiled by hypocricy that it does not bother them in the least to break the law in one place and then condemn others with the law!

Better that a man was never saved than to burn with the pharisees.

Hi Mitspa,

I would rather not engage you in a conversation when I don't think you want to hear what I have to say. You are not my enemy, even though what you say to me is hurtful. I am not your enemy, unless that is what you think.

Proverbs 23:7

New King James Version (NKJV)

7 For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.
“Eat and drink!†he says to you,
But his heart is not with you.

- Davies

Hi Mitspa,

I would rather not engage you in a conversation when I don't think you want to hear what I have to say. You are not my enemy, even though what you say to me is hurtful. I am not your enemy, unless that is what you think.

Proverbs 23:7

7 For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.
“Eat and drink!” he says to you,
But his heart is not with you.

- Davies

Yes I feel very guitly!
For saying "sin will NOT have dominion over you, BECAUSE YOUR NOT UNDER LAW but under Grace!

That the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus Has set you free from the law of sin and death!

Yes please lay this charge to me when you stand before God!

By the way, the Lord wants me to ask AGAIN! WHICH JOT OR TITTLE DID HE NOT FULFILL?

please be very clear? because it is written;
Some will desire to be teachers of the law and will not know what they are saying or trying to affirm.

I guess I have now become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

I have been given the left foot of fellowship so many times its no longer an issue to make religious folks mad for sake of the truth.

You say the law does not condemn? yet your last post showed the condemnation and guilt that is a great yoke upon you!

yet you are under a heavy yoke? Could it be your pride and religious traditions have deceived you?

I tell you, I am in doubt of you! your faith will not endure, you will turn away from true faith if you do not turn from law and see only Christ!

It is better for you to walk away now? unless the law turns you into a hypocrite. like many who live in sin, and then go condemn others with law. Thier conscience so defiled by hypocricy that it does not bother them in the least to break the law in one place and then condemn others with the law!

Better that a man was never saved than to burn with the pharisees.

Good morning Mitspa,

You say encouraging things like, 'you are no longer under the law,' or, 'My friend and brother in Christ,' then you turn around and say things like what you said above. You say I'm looking to the law to be justified, but I do not promote this at all. Did you say the things I'm quoting because I say I commit sin? When the Holy Spirit convicts me of sin, the law testifies against me, and knowing my sin is what Jesus was paying for on the cross makes what I do all the more grievous. Does that make the law bad. No, I agree with the law that it is good and holy, just as Paul said.

Romans 7:16

16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good.

If what I've said to you has hurt you or caused you to be angry with me, please point it out for everyone to see. Then I will apologize publicly and say I'm sorry. What I'm trying to promote is a healthy view of the law. Yes, the law condemns. Yes, sin takes advantage of the law, and all kinds of evil desires spring out of the heart. Though we might view the law as not of faith, or a means to be justified, that doesn't take away the nature of the law which is spiritual, good, and holy. The problem, I think we have as Christians, is when we look at ourselves in the light of the law, we see the incongruity of our walk with God. If we were walking by the Spirit, we would see no incongruity with the law. So, even after becoming a Christian, the law of God can show us of our great need for salvation and teach us gratitude for what Jesus has done. My love for God grows stronger, as you would encourage me, when I look to Jesus.

- Davies

Good morning Mitspa,

You say encouraging things like, 'you are no longer under the law,' or, 'My friend and brother in Christ,' then you turn around and say things like what you said above. You say I'm looking to the law to be justified, but I do not promote this at all. Did you say the things I'm quoting because I say I commit sin? When the Holy Spirit convicts me of sin, the law testifies against me, and knowing my sin is what Jesus was paying for on the cross makes what I do all the more grievous. Does that make the law bad. No, I agree with the law that it is good and holy, just as Paul said.

If what I've said to you has hurt you or caused you to be angry with me, please point it out for everyone to see. Then I will apologize publicly and say I'm sorry. What I'm trying to promote is a healthy view of the law. Yes, the law condemns. Yes, sin takes advantage of the law, and all kinds of evil desires spring out of the heart. Though we might view the law as not of faith, or a means to be justified, that doesn't take away the nature of the law which is spiritual, good, and holy. The problem, I think we have as Christians, is when we look at ourselves in the light of the law, we see the incongruity of our walk with God. If we were walking by the Spirit, we would see no incongruity with the law. So, even after becoming a Christian, the law of God can show us of our great need for salvation and teach us gratitude for what Jesus has done. My love for God grows stronger, as you would encourage me, when I look to Jesus.

- Davies

One is not justified by the law! That is absolutely true. Obedience does not earn one anything. I have stated this many times before. But one who does not stirve to keep the law, is carelessly sinning...

1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

Sin is the transgression of the law or as the NKJV has it...

Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness.

Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

We are freed from sin. Why is that so important?

Rom 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Not freed from the law, but freed from sin, the breaking of the law so that we do not receive the death penalty but rather the gift of life.

Good morning Mitspa,

- Davies

No anger here just enough love to tell you the strength of sin is the law, the commandments you pretend to honor have become a yoke upon your soul!

Sin will not have dominion over you, because you are not under law but under grace!

You have freely justified by His Grace, Only He can save you from your own sin!

You are as Paul described in Roms 7, the law keeps showing you your own flesh! but in your own strength and efforts you will always just be another sinner, TURN AWAY FROM LAW AND TURN TO CHRIST!

The law was to make you lose confidence in your own ability and efforts, but you seem to believe one day you will get that wretched man straited out? What is Pauls response? I thank my God, through My Lord Jesus I am a new man!

I am no longer flesh and blood I am a spirit!

I was born of the living Word and now I live by the Word!

Keep up your vain attempts to find something good in yourself! one day you will be honest enough to come to His Grace, for He gives grace to humble but He resist the proud!

A man in the pride of his own person, does not like to retain God in all His thoughts.

It is religious pride that makes you look to the law!

By the way? again what jot or tittle did the Lord fail to fulfill?

tell us all you teachers of law! what part is left for us to do?

No anger here just enough love to tell you the strength of sin is the law, the commandments you pretend to honor have become a yoke upon your soul!

Sin will not have dominion over you, because you are not under law but under grace!

You have freely justified by His Grace, Only He can save you from your own sin!

You are as Paul described in Roms 7, the law keeps showing you your own flesh! but in your own strength and efforts you will always just be another sinner, TURN AWAY FROM LAW AND TURN TO CHRIST!

The law was to make you lose confidence in your own ability and efforts, but you seem to believe one day you will get that wretched man straited out? What is Pauls response? I thank my God, through My Lord Jesus I am a new man!

I am no longer flesh and blood I am a spirit!

I was born of the living Word and now I live by the Word!

Keep up your vain attempts to find something good in yourself! one day you will be honest enough to come to His Grace, for He gives grace to humble but He resist the proud!

A man in the pride of his own person, does not like to retain God in all His thoughts.

It is religious pride that makes you look to the law!

By the way? again what jot or tittle did the Lord fail to fulfill?

tell us all you teachers of law! what part is left for us to do?

If it is all fulfilled and nothing left for us to keep, please explain what this means...

Mat 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Luke 4:4
And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Is there a hearing problem in the room?

?

Seriously, who promotes turning away from Gods Words? It makes no sense to deny The Words of God and claim Him simultaneously as Savior.

Gods Word is not and can not be against Himself.

John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

There is no schism between God and His Word, period. It's not even possible as some here promote.

There is only a HEARING problem.

1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

There seems to be some notion that there is somehow a diversion between GOD, His Word and His Spirit.

I'd say the hearers are not tuned in very well.

God, yes, against His Own Word! How serious is that sight? It is patently absurd.

When in doubt about ANY of Gods Words, please refer to Jesus above.

And if your ear is not and can not be tuned in to LIFE therein, perhaps it is good to ask Him how that can possibly be?

He did not speak THAT FACT without CAUSE.

Those who deny Him
inclusive of HIS WORDS have issues, plain and simple.

One can not DENY HIS WORDs and expect to claim Him LORD LORD can they?

Yes, you are LORD except for YOUR WORDS that I don't happen to care for or like?

lol with any of those kinds of angles.

s

LIVE up to these Words:

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

One might even see that is entirely impossible without GOD IN CHRIST Himself, within.

And that IS His Command. A Command of ENTRY.

s

In the process of TIME one may even see that there is a usurper therein, that is IN OUR TEMPLE, who really needs to just go away.

s

Luke 4:4
And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Is there a hearing problem in the room?

?

Seriously, who promotes turning away from Gods Words? It makes no sense to deny The Words of God and claim Him simultaneously as Savior.

Gods Word is not and can not be against Himself.

John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

There is no schism between God and His Word, period. It's not even possible as some here promote.

There is only a HEARING problem.

1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

There seems to be some notion that there is somehow a diversion between GOD, His Word and His Spirit.

I'd say the hearers are not tuned in very well.

God, yes, against His Own Word! How serious is that sight? It is patently absurd.

When in doubt about ANY of Gods Words, please refer to Jesus above.

And if your ear is not and can not be tuned in to LIFE therein, perhaps it is good to ask Him how that can possibly be?

He did not speak THAT FACT without CAUSE.

Those who deny Him

inclusive of HIS WORDS have issues, plain and simple.

One can not DENY HIS WORDs and expect to claim Him LORD LORD can they?

Yes, you are LORD except for YOUR WORDS that I don't happen to care for or like?

lol with any of those kinds of angles.

s

The Comma Johanneum should probably be a completely separate thread...

In the 16th century, when Desiderius Erasmus was compiling what became known as the Textus Receptus, he did not include the Comma Johanneum in the 1st or 2nd editions. Due to intense pressure from the Catholic Church and others who wanted it included because of its support for trinitarianism, Erasmus included the Comma Johanneum in later editions of the Textus Receptus. His decision resulted in the Comma Johanneum being included in the King James Version of the Bible and later in the New King James Version. None of the modern Greek texts (UBS 4, Nestle-Aland 27, Majority Text) contain the Comma Johanneum. Of all the modern English translations, only the New King James Version includes the Comma Johanneum.

It was not included in the Textus Receptus until the 1500's AD.

***Edit***

Oops, for those who may not know, Comma Johanneum refers to 1 John 5:7 and the phrase...

"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

1 John 5:7-8 should read as follows...

1 John 5:7-8 For there are three that testify: the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Comma Johanneum should probably be a completely separate thread...

In the 16th century, when Desiderius Erasmus was compiling what became known as the Textus Receptus, he did not include the Comma Johanneum in the 1st or 2nd editions. Due to intense pressure from the Catholic Church and others who wanted it included because of its support for trinitarianism, Erasmus included the Comma Johanneum in later editions of the Textus Receptus. His decision resulted in the Comma Johanneum being included in the King James Version of the Bible and later in the New King James Version. None of the modern Greek texts (UBS 4, Nestle-Aland 27, Majority Text) contain the Comma Johanneum. Of all the modern English translations, only the New King James Version includes the Comma Johanneum.

It was not included in the Textus Receptus until the 1500's AD.

Yes, I am familiar with that angle as well.

The observation however remains a SOLID FACT.

There is zero dissimulation between God, His Word and His Spirit.

Those who 'see' that way are seeing in a rather twisted fashion.

God can not be against Himself, period.

s

Some will see that HIS SPIRIT brings LIFE to the 'letter.'

Without and apart from understanding LIFE the letter to them is DEAD.

DEAD WORD.

The Word does not present Himself as DEAD.

He Is in fact LIVING and ACTIVE in the here and now.

His Words do not go away or stand IDLE. They accomplish what His Word is sent to do.

To bring LIFE.

Pretzel makers have a hard time understanding how that can be so.

s

Mitspa,

I feel like I'm talking to myself now, because you seem to react to my posts rather than addressing my questions, but I'll keep asking. When you look at the law, do you see that you do not obey it? As a believer, you understand that the law no longer condemns you because you are no longer under the law. If you understand that you don't obey the law, then why do you say you walk in the Spirit? Why do you say things like:

"the commandments you pretend to honor have become a yoke upon your soul!"

"Keep up your vain attempts to find something good in yourself! one day you will be honest enough to come to His Grace, for He gives grace to humble but He resist the proud!"

"It is religious pride that makes you look to the law!"

You say you're not angry, your words say differently. You say I'm looking to the law because of pride, but all I've ever said was the law testifies against me. Does that mean I'm not looking to Jesus to be justified? I pose that's your presumption. I think I understand why many Christians give you the left foot of fellowship. You presume too much.

- Davies

Mitspa,

I feel like I'm talking to myself now, because you seem to react to my posts rather than addressing my questions, but I'll keep asking. When you look at the law, do you see that you do not obey it? As a believer, you understand that the law no longer condemns you because you are no longer under the law. If you understand that you don't obey the law, then why do you say you walk in the Spirit? Why do you say things like:

"Keep up your vain attempts to find something good in yourself! one day you will be honest enough to come to His Grace, for He gives grace to humble but He resist the proud!"

You say you're not angry, your words say differently. You say I'm looking to the law because of pride, but all I've ever said was the law testifies against me. Does that mean I'm not looking to Jesus to be justified? I pose that's your presumption. I think I understand why many Christians give you the left foot of fellowship. You presume too much.

- Davies

The thread starter stands ridiculing those who desire A LAWFUL HEART seeing LIFE in THE LAW:

Yet simultaneously makes these claims for himself:

Mitsap said:
I do not steal because I love and think of how I can give to others!

I do not covet,
because God has blessed me beyond what I ever have deserved! I rejoice when others are blessed!

I dont not look upon anothers wife, but I pray that God might forever keep that marriage!

I do not take advantage or lust for young woman
because I know My Lord loves and honors them as his own!

I could Go on but I hope I have made my point?

I don't care how he arrived at those conclusions. The facts remain that those are LEGAL COMPLIANCE MATTERS no matter how they are 'observed.'

Why he spouts against the LAW while simultaneously heaping up LEGALITY upon himself and his actions is beyond me. It makes ZERO sense. Well, to him it somehow makes sense. To deride that which he himself claims to DO.

s

If it is all fulfilled and nothing left for us to keep, please explain what this means...

Mat 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Keep reading! But then you'll have to ask yourself how you can be saved if you still have possessions. To that end you'll have to understand baptism. It also helps if you aren't prejudiced against Judaism.

Keep reading! But then you'll have to ask yourself how you can be saved if you still have possessions. To that end you'll have to understand baptism. It also helps if you aren't prejudiced against Judaism.

Well, at that time, Christ was offering this young man something very special, a discipleship which could develop into an apostleship. He has not offered me this opportunity. Regardless, that still does not explain those verses, it is a redirect. What does this mean?

Mitspa,

- Davies

You know very well that I have explained how the Love of Christ is the only way to fulfill any commandment! Every law or commandment ever given is fulfilled when we FIRST receive the unconditional love of Christ BY FAITH! then we are looking to Christ alone, and we then love as He loves us!

Now I have made that point over and over! But the law will seperate us from Christ and His love, if we allow it to jugde our flesh, which is always sinful, no matter how much religious effort you put forth, this is what Paul was saying! the most religious man ever, could not honestly keep the law!

He had to come to the place where he said; oh wetched man, that I am! Only when are sure we cannot please God by the Law will we say! It must be by Your grace Lord!

Then you have established the Law for its purpose!

You have been freely justified by His Grace!

The law of the spirit of Life in christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and death!

This is why THE WORD OF GOD says you must die to the law and reckon yourself alive in Christ by His life!

He was God and is God! He had not yet took our sin! On the Cross! do any of you law keepers every think about How GOD SUFFERED ON THE CROSS?
FOR OUR SINS!

if God paid God the price for all our sins then who can disagree? If God has justified, then who can lay a charge,

No Christ fulfilled every jot and tittle! or He did none of it!

So again I ask you who say we are still under law, what part did Christ fulfill? every jot and tittle or just the parts you and your religious group have decided upon?

Thou shall not bear false witness! yet the law makes you guys the biggest of false witnesses?

You can not keep what you preach nor can you even explain what part of the law you are pretending to keep!

See you twist scripture to say what it does not say! you reject what it clearly says! That no one is justified is by the law is eveident!

Ye are not under law but under grace. No honest Believer can read the New Testament and claim that a "believer" in Christ is under any part of the law! false witness is what the law makes all of you who claim we are under it!

The commandment produces in you guys a desire to lie, but religion gives you the cover you need to do it!

Why did God give the Ten Commandments?

Deu 5:29 O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!

How does the law of gravity work? If you are in harmony with it you stand or sit upright and no harm befalls you. If you "break" the law of gravity, it breaks you.

God's law is the same, if you are in harmony with the Ten Commandments there are blessing that come from that. If you walk contrary to them, then there are atuomatic penalties for these are laws. These are laws of the universe no different than the physical laws that govern our lives.

See the pupose of the law is to show us that we are not in harmony with desires of God! The flesh is in fact in rebellion against God! Only the religious at heart are so blind as to think that they are in harmony with Gods ways! No a man must die to the deception that we can please God! How? We must reckon ourselves dead with Christ and die to the law!

Then by faith in Christ alone and His Grace we walk in the Spirit. The very nature of God, the divine nature, will overcome the evil desires of the flesh. There is no other way!
If man attempts to climb up some other way, he is a theif and a robber! Only by Christ and His underserved grace are we able to overcome sin.

Those who RECEIVE an abundace of Grace and the FREE GIFT of righteousness will reign in Life through Christ Jesus our Lord!

Back