Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

WHY DID GOD GIVE THE TEN COMMANDMENTS?

The thread starter stands ridiculing those who desire A LAWFUL HEART seeing LIFE in THE LAW:

Yet simultaneously makes these claims for himself:

I don't care how he arrived at those conclusions. The facts remain that those are LEGAL COMPLIANCE MATTERS no matter how they are 'observed.'

Why he spouts against the LAW while simultaneously heaping up LEGALITY upon himself and his actions is beyond me. It makes ZERO sense. Well, to him it somehow makes sense. To deride that which he himself claims to DO.

s

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life!

You know very well that I have explained how the Love of Christ is the only way to fulfill any commandment! Every law or commandment ever given is fulfilled when we FIRST receive the unconditional love of Christ BY FAITH! then we are looking to Christ alone, and we then love as He loves us!

Now I have made that point over and over! But the law will seperate us from Christ and His love, if we allow it to jugde our flesh, which is always sinful, no matter how much religious effort you put forth, this is what Paul was saying! the most religious man ever, could not honestly keep the law!

He had to come to the place where he said; oh wetched man, that I am! Only when are sure we cannot please God by the Law will we say! It must be by Your grace Lord!

Then you have established the Law for its purpose!

You have been freely justified by His Grace!

The law of the spirit of Life in christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and death!

This is why THE WORD OF GOD says you must die to the law and reckon yourself alive in Christ by His life!

The Lord Jesus told the religious class of His time, that if they had really heard the law and prophets that they would know who He was? He said because these are those which spoke of ME!

The Word was made flesh and dwelt in the midst of us, and the Word was God!

Jesus Christ was in fact every jot and tittle of the law and prophets. He was the Law, the law was a shadow or type of Him!

The Ten Commandments was a picture of His Own righteous Heart!

Now lets consider the woman caught in the act of adultry?
The accusers stood ready to stone her for breaking Gods Law? Yet they who pretended to uphold Gods law, could not see that God stood before them and was about to judge them for judging others by a standard they could not of had not kept.

At this time no sin had been forgiven, only covered by type with the blood of bulls and goats. No forgivness had been given to any man for sins, until The Lord Himself offered up His own Blood.

God came down and wrote into the dirt (adam) and these religious men, was able to see their own sin!

Then those who older, having more sin, turn and left.
Some of you who do not understand The Blood of Jesus nor do you understand the purpose of the Law of moses, should TURN to God, and be made clean?

"Niether do I condemn thee, go and sin no more"

The strength of sin is the law, the power over sin is His Grace and no condemnation!

You may not understand that? So you should seek God with your whole heart until you do!

TURN FROM LAW. TURN TO CHRIST!

-Mitspa

And of course one can chase their tail on these matters as the thread starter shows continually:

Mitspa said:
You know very well that I have explained how the Love of Christ is the only way to fulfill any commandment!

TURN FROM LAW [the commandment]

It is quite entertaining to see on one hand, the claims to fulfill the commandment while the simultaneous claim to turn away from same.

If that seems to make sense to any of you what can I say?

s

For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.

The covenant has not changed.

Hebrews 8:10

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Hebrews 10:16

This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

A carnal mind can not come into understandings of these matters. They will always and only hold up carnal understandings of LAW.

The LAW is in fact quite Spiritual and always was.

I accept that it was handled and shown carnally/externally for a time in the O.T. people, as that is the Way of God's showing. First the natural, then the Spiritual.

Many remain in the natural understandings only and can not submit to Spiritual understandings. Nothing more than that.

s

not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

We now have a divine nature that desires true righteousness and holiness.

Not the letter, which kills, but the Spirit which gives life!

The Law exposed our old nature, but couldn't do anything to mortify its desires.

For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit

but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

Notice what it doesn't say -
but if by the Law you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

In the new covenant, we live by the newness of the Spirit, that is to say, by our new divine nature! Not by the letter of the Law!

JLB

The fact that Paul had the LAW written in his own mind is beyond any doubt by his own statement:

Romans 7:
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

In the new covenant, we live by the newness of the Spirit, that is to say, by our new divine nature! Not by the letter of the Law!

JLB
[/B]

You continue to hold up mere natural caricatures of the LAW that have in fact PASSED.

The Law is, as a matter of fact, SPIRITUAL, and always was. Even though it was handled first CARNALLY.

Those who can not see the SPIRITUAL MATTERS of the LAW do not and can not see THE LETTER spiritually. Nothing more than that.

s

And of course one can chase their tail on these matters as the thread starter shows continually:

It is quite entertaining to see on one hand, the claims to fulfill the commandment while the simultaneous claim to turn away from same.

If that seems to make sense to any of you what can I say?

s

Okay, so you don't want the carrot?

Then you get the stick!

6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, 7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed. Galatians 1:6-9

But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.

now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

JLB

The Word and the Spirit are not at odds.

As much as 'believers' try to make that claim,

God is not and can not be against His Own Word.

s

The Word and the Spirit are not at odds.

As much as 'believers' try to make that claim,

God is not and can not be against His Own Word.

s

Proverbs 26:4-5

4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Lest you also be like him.

5 Answer a fool according to his folly, Lest he be wise in his own eyes.

These two scriptures are both God's word and say exactly the opposite, which one is true?

JLB

These two scriptures are both God's word and say exactly the opposite, which one is true?

JLB

No carnal mind can understand the spiritual content of Gods Words. It's not possible. They will only turn into REJECTORS of THE WORD, and that is the path they are meant to go DOWN every time.

s

Your problem is: You don't seem to understand that sin is not defined by just the ten commandments, which is why they evolved into 613.

The Spirit of God has made it clear - ANYTHING not from faith is sin.

Any word or action that does not originate or have it's inspiration from God is sin!

That's why the word says - as many as are led by the Spirit of God, THESE are the sons of God!

God has given us His son as a propitiation for our sins, and He has given us a divine nature by which we can be led.

Any thought or action "outside" of God's will is sin!
Not just the 10 commandments!

If Jesus had not come when He did and man was left to figure out what sin was, there would be 3000 laws or more by now, which there would not be enough animals to sacrifice and make atonement for the sins of mankind. They simply would not be able to reproduce fast enough to keep up with the demand of all the sacrifices required to make atonement!

Try to get it, it's not what you "think" sin is, it's what God says sin is!

JLB

Matthew 7:26
And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand

Please answer the question, which one?

JLB

Your problem is: You don't seem to understand that sin is not defined by just the ten commandments, which is why they evolved into 613.

The Spirit of God has made it clear - ANYTHING not from faith is sin.

Any word or action that does not originate or have it's inspiration from God is sin!

Perhaps an early lesson of LAW is that we have sin?

That's why the word says - as many as are led by the Spirit of God, THESE are the sons of God!

God has given us His son as a propitiation for our sins, and He has given us a divine nature by which we can be led.

Any thought or action "outside" of God's will is sin!
Not just the 10 commandments!

If Jesus had not come when He did and man was left to figure out what sin was, there would be 3000 laws or more by now, which there would not be enough animals to sacrifice and make atonement for the sins of mankind. They simply would not be able to reproduce fast enough to keep up with the demand of all the sacrifices required to make atonement!

Try to get it, it's not what you "think" sin is, it's what God says sin is!

JLB

You can deny Gods Words on any basis you think you see.

I'll stick to Jesus on this matter:

"And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God."

Toss away as many as you please from there. Jesus' Word is not going to change or go away.

s

Please answer the question, which one?

JLB

What in the world makes you think there is some kind of conflict there where one or the other is true?

God might show you sometime that the wise and the fool are bound together in the same lump, as well as the 'rich' and the 'poor.'

At that point you might stop trying to heap up Proverbs against others and apply them to yourSELF?

s

not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

We now have a divine nature that desires true righteousness and holiness.

Not the letter, which kills, but the Spirit which gives life!

The Law exposed our old nature, but couldn't do anything to mortify its desires.

For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit

but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

Notice what it doesn't say -
but if by the Law you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

JLB

God has given us some good examples of what the Spiritual looks like verses the letter? circumcision by the letter looks completly different than by the Spirit!

The true Sabbath is The Eternal Rest given to us in Christ, see Heb4

Its the same with all the Commandments, those who look to the letter can not nor will they ever be able to see how they are fulfilled in the Spirit!

What in the world makes you think there is some kind of conflict there where one or the other is true?

God might show you sometime that the wise and the fool are bound together in the same lump, as well as the 'rich' and the 'poor.'

At that point you might stop trying to heap up Proverbs against others and apply them to yourSELF?

s

That's what I thought!

I never mentioned a conflict! I asked which one is true!

In this situation, it takes The Spirit of God to lead you into the truth, based on:

Who the fool is!

What is the setting? A courtroom or on the street?

Is the fool your friend or a Judge?

Is the fool your parent or your child?

Has the fool been warned before or not?

On and on and on....

You can't answer a simple question, yet you think you have the ability to determine what sin is or is not!

I have proved my point, or rather, you have proved it for for me!

JLB

Back