Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

WHY DID GOD GIVE THE TEN COMMANDMENTS?

Gal 4:22

For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
Gal 4:23

But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
Gal 4:24

Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

All those who attempt to keep the Law, any part of it, are in the "flesh" and cannot enter into the "Spirit". One must "reckon" themselves dead to the law, through the Cross, to enter into the "Spirit".

Gal 4:25

For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
Gal 4:26

But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
Gal 4:27

For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
Gal 4:28

Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

Isaac was called the "son of my laughter"! The oil of gladness is poured out for us, Righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit! Take a good look at the "law-keepers" do you see "joy unspeakable and full of glory" or someone trying to pass a kidney stone?:sad
Gal 4:29

But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

Gal 4:30

Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

Make no mistake its every believers job to challenge the "law-keepers" to confront them in their error! Then you will know what it means to suffer with Christ for His Gospel. As it was with Cain and Able, Joseph and his brothers, David and his..etc Those you love the most will become your enemy!

Mat 10:34

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
Mat 10:35

For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
Mat 10:36

And a man's foesshall bethey of his own household.
Mat 10:37

He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
Mat 10:38

And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Here is the obedience of Christ, here is the cross we all must take-up! His Cross, that through it the law is finished!

I have attempted an honest dialog with some of you (law-keepers) or (breakers) without any success:eeeekkk
But to any honest person seeking truth I will be glad to go over any point I have made on this thread.:thumbsup

-Mitspa :angel3

Actually, it may be important, because plain scriptures that say the law was given to be obeyed and given for our good and given to convert the soul, don't appear to be in the translation you are using.

You say it is not done away, and yet you say it is not in force on us. Hmmm, seems contradictory to me.

I do not recall saying it is not in force, but the purpose for which it was originally given was fulfilled by Jesus Christ, and the saved have been given faith to realize that Rom 10:4

4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

All of the saved have had the law fulfilled for them by Christ, and so the Righteousness of the Law is fulfilled in us and not by us Rom 8:4

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Its fulfilled in us because Christ is in us Gal 2:20

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

And because He actually fufilled ifulfilledtly and lives in His People and is Our Righteousness, then it is fulfilled in us, and walk in Faith or in the Spirit of Faith knowing this.

Now as far as the law being done away, it is not, yes its in force, and al outside oallChrist shall have to answer for every transgression against it !

And please show the post where I stated it was not in force. If you cannot produce it, then please apologize for the misrepresentation. Thanks !

Isa 30:15

For thus saith the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength: and ye would not.

Gal 4:21

Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?

Gal 2:21

I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Gal 5:4

Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Dont be deceived, you who seek to keep the Law, dishonor God, and worse you dishonor Christ and His Work upon the Cross

Rom 2:23

Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God? :grumpy

I do not recall saying it is not in force, but the purpose for which it was originally given was fulfilled by Jesus Christ, and the saved have been given faith to realize that Rom 10:4

4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

All of the saved have had the law fulfilled for them by Christ, and so the Righteousness of the Law is fulfilled in us and not by us Rom 8:4

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Its fulfilled in us because Christ is in us Gal 2:20

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

And because He actually fufilled ifulfilledtly and lives in His People and is Our Righteousness, then it is fulfilled in us, and walk in Faith or in the Spirit of Faith knowing this.

Now as far as the law being done away, it is not, yes its in force, and al outside oallChrist shall have to answer for every transgression against it !

And please show the post where I stated it was not in force. If you cannot produce it, then please apologize for the misrepresentation. Thanks !

In post #42 you plainly state that Christ is the end of the law. Is the law in force? Should we be keeping the law?

A lot of believers read this scripture and seem to go on autopilot to eliminate the Law:

2 Corinthians 3:6
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

The law can be understood in two ways.

Carnally

or

Spiritually.

Paul tells us clearly that the Law is Spiritual.

Romans 7:14
For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

The Spirit does in fact give LIFE and does so also under the Law of the Spirit of that same LETTER that kills.

When we do not kill, steal, commit adultery etc we are in fact being 'legal' as those actions are not spiritually loving. I would go so far with the law as to say even thinking of those actions are in fact sin.

Paul put understanding of any commandment into very simple perspective in Romans 13:8-10 and told us right there about how any law is to be comprehended, not by the letter, but by the actions described by Paul. It really is so simple that any common CHILD can be LEGAL in spiritual intentions AND ACTIONS under the Law.

And yes, we are under that command, and thusly EVERY command, period. Those who don't understand Romans 13:8-10 or can't see the simplicity of this matter suffer via over complexities.

Those who insist on the rote letter really don't know much about the law at all, and most of those whom I've met who make such insistence, at their heart are trying to both condemn and eternally kill other believers, to which the law attests to. These are in fact already under the wrath of God in their own hearts.

They have all kinds of alternative rules about what the law is other than how Paul defined we are to observe same,

and all kinds of formulas, rituals and incantations to 'excuse' themselves as sinning lawbreakers while they simultaneously condemn everyone else.

The law really is for the lawless and since we all 'have sin' which is in fact lawlessness, then yes, the law is indeed written against our sin and lawlessness.

The overcomer will see the simplicity of the Spirit of the Law and will do as Paul stated in Romans 13:8-10 and thereby fulfill every requirement of the LAW in their lives.

And if we fail, we do have an advocate who is 'for us' and against the forces of darkness in our own hearts.

enjoy!

smaller

A lot of believers read this scripture and seem to go on autopilot to eliminate the Law:

2 Corinthians 3:6
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

The law can be understood in two ways.

Carnally

or

Spiritually.

Paul tells us clearly that the Law is Spiritual.

Romans 7:14
For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

The Spirit does in fact give LIFE and does so also under the Law of the Spirit of that same LETTER that kills.

When we do not kill, steal, commit adultery etc we are in fact being 'legal' as those actions are not spiritually loving. I would go so far with the law as to say even thinking of those actions are in fact sin.

Paul put understanding of any commandment into very simple perspective in Romans 13:8-10 and told us right there about how any law is to be comprehended, not by the letter, but by the actions described by Paul. It really is so simple that any common CHILD can be LEGAL in spiritual intentions AND ACTIONS under the Law.

And yes, we are under that command, and thusly EVERY command, period. Those who don't understand Romans 13:8-10 or can't see the simplicity of this matter suffer via over complexities.

Those who insist on the rote letter really don't know much about the law at all, and most of those whom I've met who make such insistence, at their heart are trying to both condemn and eternally kill other believers, to which the law attests to. These are in fact already under the wrath of God in their own hearts.

They have all kinds of alternative rules about what the law is other than how Paul defined we are to observe same,

and all kinds of formulas, rituals and incantations to 'excuse' themselves as sinning lawbreakers while they simultaneously condemn everyone else.

The law really is for the lawless and since we all 'have sin' which is in fact lawlessness, then yes, the law is indeed written against our sin and lawlessness.

The overcomer will see the simplicity of the Spirit of the Law and will do as Paul stated in Romans 13:8-10 and thereby fulfill every requirement of the LAW in their lives.

And if we fail, we do have an advocate who is 'for us' and against the forces of darkness in our own hearts.

enjoy!

smaller

RE 2 Cor. 3:6 Pronouns are not unilateral inclusives. The pronoun US in the statement is only respective of the apostles designating them, US, as able ministers. What are there not false teachers? The term, law of the Spirit, is referencing a seperate article of law and any individual who has the faith to obey it will be made alive by the power of God's spirit intrinsically. The same spirit who fashioned the Lord's body in his mother's womb. However since the law of the Spirit is a law, and irregardless of your belief and protest, it is an article of law that was added to the law by and after Jesus' crucifixion and ascension. And only that article of the law can and must be obeyed or not be brought to life by the power of God's spirit. Salvation from the penalty of eternal death is predicated upon the faith that the law of the Spirit has been added to the law according to the scriptures. For the crucifixion of Jesus was in violation of all the the written code and then some. But that sin could not imputed unilaterally by any article of the written code, but by adding the command REPENT to the law the single trespass of his crucifixion was imputed to all. Therefore all are accountable directly to God in regard to Jesus' crucifixion as a sin. "The law was added so that the trespass might increase." Rom. 5:20

In post #42 you plainly state that Christ is the end of the law. Is the law in force? Should we be keeping the law?

I just explained myself, it is on you to provide the quote where I stated that the Law is not in force as you blatantly stated I said pubically.

Last edited by a moderator:
RE 2 Cor. 3:6 Pronouns are not unilateral inclusives. The pronoun US in the statement is only respective of the apostles designating them, US, as able ministers. What are there not false teachers?

No believer sees perfectly.

We all tend to reflect our own internals in any reflections on scriptures, good or bad, and both reflections do in fact come from within any of us as believers.

There is however one differentiating matter from the scriptures on how to tell false from true. A 'true' reflection will love their neighbors as themselves.

By their 'fruits' we know them. And by lack of same we also know them. We know ourselves by the same measures.

There will be no shortage of bad judgments to go around for all of us.

The term, law of the Spirit, is referencing a seperate article of law and any individual who has the faith to obey it will be made alive by the power of God's spirit intrinsically.
I certainly acknowledge that 'many' believers will not and can not see the spiritual aspect of the Law as Paul provides in Romans 13:8-10 and will instead seek any number of alternative measures. You may be in this latter view. If so there really is nothing to say about it other than you see differently than Paul describes the comprehension of 'any command.'

The same spirit who fashioned the Lord's body in his mother's womb. However since the law of the Spirit is a law, and irregardless of your belief and protest,
I don't deny a single jot or tittle of any command in the entire text. The entirety of same however do hinge on a single command and not just hearing same, but doing same. In those who 'do that' every command is in fact fulfilled in the adherents who walk therein.

it is an article of law that was added to the law by and after Jesus' crucifixion and ascension. And only that article of the law can and must be obeyed or not be brought to life by the power of God's spirit.
I would agree that as Paul defined any command's comprehension and obedience, that it is in fact God in Christ in us doing so.

Salvation from the penalty of eternal death is predicated upon the faith that the law of the Spirit has been added to the law according to the scriptures. For the crucifixion of Jesus was in violation of all the the written code and then some.
The crux or fulfillment of the 'all' Law as Paul gives us in Romans 13:8-10 is also actually found in the Law of Moses as well. So it's not a 'new or added' law:

Leviticus 19:18
Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

As to how that may relate to the Lords death in relation to the conversation you'll have to say.

There is no doubt in some eyes that God in Christ was not crucified by the accidental free agent decisions of the participants, but same was predicted and planned by God in Christ Himself long before the events actually transpired.

But that sin could not imputed unilaterally by any article of the written code, but by adding the command REPENT to the law the single trespass of his crucifixion was imputed to all. Therefore all are accountable directly to God in regard to Jesus' crucifixion as a sin. "The law was added so that the trespass might increase." Rom. 5:20
Yeah, for some believers loving ones neighbors as themselves does require a changing of mind and heart i.e. that IS repentance. That change.

Believers can spin the Law a lot of ways as they can any term.

The simplicity of the Gospel however has never changed, nor will it.

Those who abide in eternity will abide in His Love to us and to others, here or there.

enjoy!

s

Isa 30:15

For thus saith the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength: and ye would not.

Gal 2:21

I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Gal 5:4

Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Dont be deceived, you who seek to keep the Law, dishonor God, and worse you dishonor Christ and His Work upon the Cross

Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God? :grumpy

Rom 3:19

Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
Rom 3:20

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Rom 3:21

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
Rom 3:22

Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
Rom 3:23

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

I dont think the Holy Spirit could say this much clearer?
We who are "in Christ" are not under any part of the Law! Not one jot or tittle, Christ filfilled all the Law !:)

Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
Rom 3:20

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Rom 3:21

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
Rom 3:22

Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
Rom 3:23

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

I dont think the Holy Spirit could say this much clearer?
We who are "in Christ" are not under any part of the Law! Not one jot or tittle, Christ filfilled all the Law !:)

Heb 8:5

Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.
Heb 8:6

But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
Heb 8:7

For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
Heb 8:8

For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
Heb 8:9

Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

The 10 commandments was but the shadow of Christ, Now we who believe have a New Contract written in His Blood. A new and living way that He made for us. Like in the days of Moses, so it is today, maybe desire to turn back into bondage rather than to trust God and enter into His Promises.

Heb 8:5

Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.
Heb 8:6

But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
Heb 8:7

For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
Heb 8:8

For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
Heb 8:9

Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

The 10 commandments was but the shadow of Christ, Now we who believe have a New Contract written in His Blood. A new and living way that He made for us. Like in the days of Moses, so it is today, maybe desire to turn back into bondage rather than to trust God and enter into His Promises.

Gen 3:4

And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

Gen 3:5

For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

The Lord has set us free from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, by the knowledge of His Righteous Work done upon the tree of The Cross!

But the serpent still speaks;"go back to the law"- you shall not surely die"

For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. :wave

Gen 3:4

And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

Gen 3:5

For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

The Lord has set us free from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, by the knowledge of His Righteous Work done upon the tree of The Cross!

But the serpent still speaks;"go back to the law"- you shall not surely die"

But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. :wave

Gal 5:1

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

"Liberty" can be a fearful thing for those who have never known it? Many say well if we take off the yoke of the Law from people, they might sin? Well, the scriptures declare that the "Law" stirs up the sin in the flesh. That the strength of sin, is the Law! That trusting in Gods Grace and its power is the ONLY answer to sin!

No! God declares to turn the "young eagles" free, turn them into the "Winds of My Spirit" and "I will teach them" and I will cause them to fly!

:angel3-Mitspa

Why does God give commandments or why 10?

:)

They have a place for jokes and humor on the forum. this is for the grown-ups!

Gal 5:1

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

"Liberty" can be a fearful thing for those who have never known it? Many say well if we take off the yoke of the Law from people, they might sin? Well, the scriptures declare that the "Law" stirs up the sin in the flesh. That the strength of sin, is the Law! That trusting in Gods Grace and its power is the ONLY answer to sin!

No! God declares to turn the "young eagles" free, turn them into the "Winds of My Spirit" and "I will teach them" and I will cause them to fly!

:angel3-Mitspa

Why does God give commandments or why 10?

From the 'mystic' understanding of the 10 there are interesting observations to be had in the TEN.

We know for example that Jesus said the kingdom is 'at hand.'

We also know that there is a Right Hand of God and a Left Hand of God.

The 10 are linked, but divided.

One might say the first 5 are the Objective or Right Hand and the remaining 5, the subjective Left Hand.

The first commandments stone(s) were broken. There is also symbolism involved there. The second set was chiseled out by Moses later, even accompanied by 'fading glory' shown upon his face, again a symbolic showing of coming Grace and the promise of unfading Glory. Which glory was seen in the transfiguration of The Law (Moses) and the Prohet (Elijah) seen with Jesus, yet with only Jesus at the summation, likewise transfigured.

Needless to say it's very interesting stuff.

s

Rom 2:19

And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness,
Rom 2:20

An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law.
Rom 2:21

Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?
Rom 2:22

Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?

Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?
Rom 2:24

For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.

The fact that no man can keep the Ten Commandments is clear! All who claim they do are hypocrites!

This is why the sinners run from the "church" instead of to the "church". This is why "Gods Good Name" is blasphemed! Because of the hypocrisy of those who call themselves "christians"

The Law is not the gospel, never has been never will be!

Gal 3:11

But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
Gal 3:12

And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

That which is not of "FAITH" is SIN!

God gave the Commands, ALL, for one primary reason:

1 Timothy 1:9
Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless -

Believers in the Grace Alone camps always slide by the balance because the exact instant they read Paul they consider themselves 'the righteous.'

however, here is a reality fact about every believer in any camp

Paul continues:

and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

The text often gives what I call set up statements, where believers always seem to go into autopilot thinking themselves APART from factual statements on the basis put forth by the statements. And they then discount any particular text being applicable to them.

Fact is though we are, all of us, sinners regardless of any forms of theological constructs.

Who then is the law for?

Sinners.

Who are sinners?

Everyone.

It seems that the bulk of theological constructs are to overlook this fact, personally applied.

Every Grace adherent or everyone who 'excuses' themselves from the law does so knowing they are factually condemned for sin and that they can not keep the Law. This methodology only serves to prove the FACT that they are sinners and that the LAW is and remains for them, just as Paul stated.

Others, having been 'enlightened' will even go so far as to think and say they do follow the Law. And this regardless of the fact that we can not say we have no sin and be in Truth. These usually have some construct that allows them to become 'temporarily legally obedient' upon the exercise of certain rituals and performances which must be enacted from time to time in order to be legal and acceptable again.

Works vs. Grace also revolves around the matters of Law.

There are factual matters of LAW that believers can not do from Paul in Galatians 5, which same are nearly and entirely in line with what?

The Law.

Paul quite purposefully provides openly conflicting statements on these matters throughout his writings. These various constructs are made that way by Holy Spirit inspiration and are made so to confront our LAWLESSNESS and to put us on the battlefield with the workings of sin and evil, not in the world, but within ourselves.

Here is an example of such conflict from Galatians 5:

4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

So, again, many excuse themselves instantly from the Law based on that statement. But Paul goes on and DEMANDS that believers be LEGAL and LAW OBEDIENT in the very same chapter or we will NOT inherit:

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Is adultery against the law? Assuredly. Murder? Theft? Idolatry?

Of course. All of the bold above are LAW compliance matters which believers can not do with a big OR ELSE attached.

The law is for who?

SINNERS.

Sin is 'transgression of LAW.'

Those who are familiar with 'catch 22' scenarios will sooner or later figure out there is no way to win our way around the fact of having sin and of being sinners by excusing same in the Name of Jesus under Grace or feigned legal obedience.

Romans 6:15
What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace?

God forbid.

Well what then? We are not to sin under the law to claim Grace.

Sooner or later these constructs in a right thinking believer should force them to confront these matters, and to take an honest look at their own continuing sinful condition. And others just don't like to go there and will continuously and openly DODGE THE OBVIOUS, ...

...in the Name of Jesus, of course.

enjoy!

smaller

God gave the Commands, ALL, for one primary reason:

1 Timothy 1:9
Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless -
So many errors lets start here:biglol
Who is "righteous"?

2Co 5:19

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
2Co 5:20

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
2Co 5:21

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

who is lawless?

Gal 3:10

For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
Gal 3:11

But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
Gal 3:12

And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
Gal 3:13

Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Gal 3:24

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal 3:25

But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Rom 10:3

For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
Rom 10:4

For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth. :wave

So many errors lets start here:biglol
Who is "righteous"?

You are welcome to address the observations.

Start by stating you are not a sinner so I know who I'm talking to and move from there.

If you are a sinner you might want to pay some attention to that side of the facts.

The LAW is for SINNERS.

If you are interested in being 'as good or near' to Apostolic measures here is Paul's statement of fact for himself:

1 Timothy 1:15
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

s

You are welcome to address the observations.

Start by stating you are not a sinner so I know who I'm talking to and move from there.

If you are a sinner you might want to pay some attention to that side of the facts.

The LAW is for SINNERS.

If you are interested in being 'as good or near' to Apostolic measures here is Paul's statement of fact for himself:

1 Timothy 1:15
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

s
First "I know nothing good lives in my flesh" "my flesh is sold under sin" but I am not in the "flesh" but in the "spirit" I am "complete in Christ" without sin!
I have died to the Law, which is the strength of sin! NO SINNER can be "IN CHRIST"

NO ONE can be under the Law and be "in the Spirit"

2Co 5:16

Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.
2Co 5:17

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

I doubt, since you deny the scriptures that "all flesh is sinful" that you will ever understand the New Testament?

Back