Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

WHY DID GOD GIVE THE TEN COMMANDMENTS?

Rom 3:3

For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
Rom 3:4

God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

I did not write the book, I believe every word, I am The Righteousness of God, In Christ Jesus!

I have victory over sin, because Christ paid the price with His own Blood!

Rom 5:17

For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
Rom 5:18

Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. :wave

Rinse and repeat.

Rinse and repeat.

OK:)
My friend you are just wrong!

2Co 5:21

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Rom 8:3

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

You are missing the work of the Cross! He took all the sin of the "flesh" and it was judged in His Body!

Remember the bronze serpent? that was a picture of "sin in the flesh" being judged in His Body!

Now we who believe in His blood can not be condemned for the sin in our flesh! rejoice and come alive to God by the "spirit":thumbsup

OK
My friend you are just wrong!

You are welcome to claim you have no indwelling sin/evil present.

I can't see such claims as anywhere close to true or credible no matter how many scriptures a person tries to paste over the obvious.

As it pertains to the LAW, if the law is against sin and evil, which it assuredly IS, any believer in their right mind would be the SAME in thoughts and intents.

Is the Law then our enemy in this regard?

Uh, not that I can see.

s

The old man and the new man..

I personally find it strange that so many in Christendom seem to think that their old nature according to the flesh does not remain condemned, even after we are IN Christ Jesus... because it is..

Our old man is not justified, in fact he is dead, crucified with Christ.. end of story.

The LIFE of CHRIST ALONE is justified in us, for He alone is the way, the truth, and the life.

This is why unconditional election makes absolutely no sense at all.. because you and I are not the elect.. Christ is the elect, the chosen one in whom the Father delights.

It has absolutely nothing to do with certain individuals being elected to salvation.

Re: The old man and the new man..

I personally find it strange that so many in Christendom seem to think that their old nature according to the flesh does not remain condemned, even after we are IN Christ Jesus... because it is..

Our old man is not justified, in fact he is dead, crucified with Christ.. end of story.

The LIFE of CHRIST ALONE is justified in us, for He alone is the way, the truth, and the life.

This is why unconditional election makes absolutely no sense at all.. because you and I are not the elect.. Christ is the elect, the chosen one in whom the Father delights.

It has absolutely nothing to do with certain individuals being elected to salvation.

I do not know about "certain individuals" but according to the scriptures, our sin was judged in His Body!

No man can walk in the "spirit" with a "sin conscience" no man can walk in the "spirit" and be under law! One must "reckon" themselves dead indeed to sin and "alive" to God in the "spirit"!

Rom 6:6

Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Rom 6:7

For he that is dead is freed from sin.
Rom 6:8

Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
Rom 6:9

Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
Rom 6:10

For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Rom 6:11

Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

This is a matter of "faith" do you believe His Work on the Cross? or not?

I do not know about "certain individuals" but according to the scriptures, our sin was judged in His Body!

No man can walk in the "spirit" with a "sin conscience" no man can walk in the "spirit" and be under law! One must "reckon" themselves dead indeed to sin and "alive" to God in the "spirit"!

Rom 6:6

Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Rom 6:7

For he that is dead is freed from sin.
Rom 6:8

Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
Rom 6:9

Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
Rom 6:10

For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Rom 6:11

Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

So what are you trying to say here Mitspa, that your old man IS JUSTIFIED ?

The scriptures you have posted support the simple truth that Christ alone is the elect of God. It's not Christ AND me.. our hope of glory is Christ IN me..

Any casual reading of Paul will show that he places believers entirely under the Spirit and full intentions of ALL LAW and not as a request, but a proof of who we are in Christ:

Romans 13:
9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Run away from the Law?

That would be the opposite direction Paul gave above.

He ENCOMPASSED every LAW with The Spiritual Intentions of ALL of it and in that EVERY LAW is fully understood and comprehended.

Believers only fear the LAW or shun the LAW because they do not understand same as Paul shows above.

s

So what are you trying to say here Mitspa, that your old man IS JUSTIFIED ?

The scriptures you have posted support the simple truth that Christ alone is the elect of God. It's not Christ AND me.. our hope of glory is Christ IN me..

The "flesh" is nothing unless I allow it to overcome the "spirit"!

Php 3:3

For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

It must be submitted to the "spirit" One must "reckon" that it has no power, because that which is in us, is greater than the "body of sin"

The flesh is dead to us in our "thoughts" we must see by faith that the "spirit" within us is our true life! For we, by the "spirit" do put to death the desires of the "flesh!

Its all by faith in His Good Work on the Cross!

Any casual reading of Paul will show that he places believers entirely under the Spirit and full intentions of ALL LAW and not as a request, but a proof of who we are in Christ:

Romans 13:
9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Run away from the Law?

That would be the opposite direction Paul gave above.

He ENCOMPASSED every LAW with The Spiritual Intentions of ALL of it and in that EVERY LAW is fully understood and comprehended.

Believers only fear the LAW or shun the LAW because they do not understand same as Paul shows above.

s

Of course! the LOVE of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the "HOLY SPIRIT"
We walk in the "spirit" and walk in His Love! we fulfill all the law as we walk in the "spirit" This is very simple!

s

Written by a man after God's own heart...

Psa 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
Psa 19:8 The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
Psa 19:9 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
Psa 19:10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
Psa 19:11 Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.

Of course! the LOVE of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the "HOLY SPIRIT"
We walk in the "spirit" and walk in His Love! we fulfill all the law as we walk in the "spirit" This is very simple!

Exactly.

So, is Paul against the TEN COMMANDMENTS?

No.

They are all meant to be fulfilled in us who walk after the SPIRIT of Christ in our hearts.

We live as He Lives. Against EVIL and in LOVE.

The Law is exactly this way. So is Grace. There is no difference.

It really is that simple.

s

Written by a man after God's own heart...

Psa 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
Psa 19:8 The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
Psa 19:9 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
Psa 19:10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
Psa 19:11 Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.

I am not a fan of antinomianism/lawlessness.

Nevertheless to understand the law is to come into confrontation with our own internal lawlessness.

The Law was always meant to bring THE DIVISION. The SHARP SWORD into the heart so to speak.

If we understand that the 'lawlessness' that we all factually have is and remains utterly condemned by both LAW and in Gods Christ we are DIVIDED, even while carrying lawlessness within.

This is where understanding becomes difficult because 'natural men' leaning on Law or on Grace will try to justify their internal lawlessness or deny they have same.

Understanding having same DOES instill FEAR of the LORD.

s

So what's your answer..

Is your old man (flesh) justified or not ?
I must "reckon" my old man crucified with Christ! BY FAITH! I am alive to God, By His Spirit! the flesh is nothing unless I set my mind upon the desires of the flesh?

I have renewed my mind to the truth. I do not allow the flesh and its desires to overcome the truth of Gods Word! I am a "new creation" I am alive to God! I do not allow the desires of this world to currupt who God says I am.

Rom 8:4

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 8:5

For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6

For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Rom 12:2

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1Co 2:16

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Jas 1:8

A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

set your "mind" on things above! How? By faith!

Exactly.

So, is Paul against the TEN COMMANDMENTS?

No.

They are all meant to be fulfilled in us who walk after the SPIRIT of Christ in our hearts.

We live as He Lives. Against EVIL and in LOVE.

The Law is exactly this way. So is Grace. There is no difference.

It really is that simple.

s
of course not! but for its purpose!

Gal 3:21

Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
Gal 3:22

But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
Gal 3:23

But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
Gal 3:24

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal 3:25

But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
Gal 3:26

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

We are thankful that the "law" showed us our need for Christ! But now we are "righteous" by faith! We must "reckon" ourselves dead to the Law! and alive to God, By faith in Christ!

Rom 7:6

But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
Rom 7:7

What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Rom 7:8

But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
Rom 7:9

For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
Rom 7:10

And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
Rom 7:11

For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
Rom 7:12

Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
Rom 7:13

Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.
Rom 7:14

For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

of course not! but for its purpose!

Gal 3:21

Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
Gal 3:22

But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
Gal 3:23

But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
Gal 3:24

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal 3:25

But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
Gal 3:26

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

We are thankful that the "law" showed us our need for Christ! But now we are "righteous" by faith! We must not "reckon" ourselves dead to the Law! and alive to God, By faith in Christ!

Rom 7:6

But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
Rom 7:7

What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Rom 7:8

But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
Rom 7:9

For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
Rom 7:10

And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
Rom 7:11

For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
Rom 7:12

Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
Rom 7:13

Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.
Rom 7:14

For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Any believer who walks in The Spirit will walk DIVIDED.

We will not justify our indwelling sin/evil present under the LAW or under GRACE.

We over come in His Love to us, and in us to others, even while the presence of indwelling sin/evil present seeks to do the EXACT OPPOSITE.

s

Any believer who walks in The Spirit will walk DIVIDED.

We will not justify our indwelling sin/evil present under the LAW or under GRACE.

We over come in His Love to us, and in us to others, even while the presence of indwelling sin/evil present seeks to do the EXACT OPPOSITE.

s

Rom 8:11

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Rom 8:12

Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
Rom 8:13

For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

ONLY the Spirit has power to overcome this "body of sin"

Col 3:1

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2

Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3

For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:4

When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
Col 3:5

Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
Col 3:6

For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
Col 3:7

In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
Col 3:8

But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
Col 3:9

Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
Col 3:10

And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

ITS ALL BY FAITH IN HIS WORD!:)

I must "reckon" my old man crucified with Christ! BY FAITH!

See how easy that was... it's simple truth.. our old man according to the flesh is not justified, and he remains condemned even after we are in Christ..

And of course that's why we're all going to die, because we are condemned and our hope of glory is none other than CHRIST (and Christ alone) in me.

See how easy that was... it's simple truth.. our old man according to the flesh is not justified, and he remains condemned even after we are in Christ..

And of course that's why we're all going to die, because we are condemned and our hope of glory is none other than CHRIST (and Christ alone) in me.

And we wonder why we have such a hard time?

Dead people with hidden life.

Colossians 3:3

Who said it was?

I think that is what I said all along? But that is not the point or the issue, The issue is to "walk in the Spirit" we cannot please God unless we do!
One cannot walk in the Spirit unless they haved died to the law. God has jugded the "flesh" its guilty! we cannot please God, by the "flesh". You can not just say the "flesh" is guilty, You must die to its desires!

Rom 8:4

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 8:5

For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6

For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8

So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Rom 8:9

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Rom 8:10

And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Rom 8:11

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Rom 8:12

Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
Rom 8:13

For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

The whole point I have been trying to make is the battle against "flesh" and "spirit" is in our minds!

We cannot be a sinner in our mind and be "IN CHRIST" by faith we must die to the flesh! The "renewed mind" does not even consider the "flesh" only Gods Word!

Col 3:1

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2

Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3

Col 3:4

When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Back