Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

WHY DID GOD GIVE THE TEN COMMANDMENTS?

Re: The old man and the new man..

Why didn't you simply come out and say that ?

Who would deny that.. ?

Well this forum is full of those who deny the truth! you know that!
I have quoted dozens of scriptures, that say that! If you understood the scriptures why did you act as if you did not? I have never held in anyway that our flesh can please God! You should know that?
My point still stands that NO ONE CAN BE UNDER LAW, and BE IN THE SPIRIT!

We must "reckon" ourselves dead to the Law! The law produces sinful desires and is not of faith!

Well this forum is full of those who deny the truth! you know that![/B]

Well then, why do you think sin so easily besets us at times.. ?

Surely you're not going to claim to be without sin, or are you ?

Well then, why do you think sin so easily besets us at times.. ?

Surely you're not going to claim to be without sin, or are you ?
I claim that The Spirit of God within we Is greater than the "body of sin" that I am in!

I know nothing against myself, yet I am noy justified by this, but by my Faith in Christ and His Blood !

I am the Righteousness of God, In Christ Jesus!
1Jn 3:4

Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
1Jn 3:5

And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

No one can be under law and be "in Him"

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
1Jn 3:9

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Well this forum is full of those who deny the truth! you know that!
I have quoted dozens of scriptures, that say that! If you understood the scriptures why did you act as if you did not? I have never held in anyway that our flesh can please God! You should know that?
My point still stands that NO ONE CAN BE UNDER LAW, and BE IN THE SPIRIT!

We must "reckon" ourselves dead to the Law! The law produces sinful desires and is not of faith!

I might observe the fact that the Law arouses sin because it's a fact, there to arouse. We do not avoid arousal in denial or avoidance.

Is that the fault of the Law or the sin?

No matter how much one seeks to cover the fact of sin that adverse relationship with law and sin remains.

And no fault of the LAW.

Those who understand the Law's purpose this way comes forward UNDER it for our 'beheading,' allegorically speaking.

The Law does NOT produce SIN.

Sin produces sin.

Paul tells us that the Law is what? Holy, Righteous, Spiritual and Good!

Do we toss all those away because sin reacts adversely to that which is Spiritual, Holy, Righteous and good?

Uh, no.

The Law in effect is both an instrument of DEATH

and

an Instrument of LIFE as Paul revealed in Romans 13:8-10

There is your classic TWO EDGED Sword of the Word.

This is the SAME SWORD that SWINGS from the Mouth of Jesus:

Revelation 1:16
And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

1 Samuel 2:6
The LORD killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up.

It is a good thing to understand that BOTH EDGES of this Sword apply to us.

It remains problematic for dead men to walk in presently hidden life. Let alone to see alike.

Those who REFUSE the DEATH of the Sword do not LIVE by that same Sword.

Both edges are currently in SWING in this present earth.

One to our death
. One to our LIFE.

It is problematic to deny either edge of it as both edges have purposes that will not be swayed by any man and are meant to be applied.

The old head, the head of the blinded sinner is meant to be lopped off, to be replaced by the Mind of God in Christ...every WORD of God. The old man and the new man. The flesh man and the spirit man. The carnal man will not take his DEATH under the LAW and will seek to avoid it.

Abram to Abraham, Jacob to Israel, Cephas to Peter, Saul to Paul are ALL pictures of these same matters. As are the two sons of Adam, of Abraham, of Isaac, of Jacob, of Joseph, of Moses the SAME MATTERS.

Being double minded is not an advantage.

Understanding brings both Fear of God and Love of God.

s

I claim that The Spirit of God within we Is greater than the "body of sin" that I am in!

I know nothing against myself, yet I am noy justified by this, but by my Faith in Christ and His Blood !

I am the Righteousness of God, In Christ Jesus!
1Jn 3:4

Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
1Jn 3:5

And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

No one can be under law and be "in Him"

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
1Jn 3:9

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

And it's obvious that you can't answer a simple question.. but now I know that you're one of the self proclaimed sinless ones..

I might observe the fact that the Law arouses sin because it's a fact, there to arouse. We do not avoid arousal in denial or avoidance.

Is that the fault of the Law or the sin?

No matter how much one seeks to cover the fact of sin that adverse relationship with law and sin remains.

And no fault of the LAW.

Those who understand the Law's purpose this way comes forward UNDER it for our 'beheading,' allegorically speaking.

Sin produces sin.

Paul tells us that the Law is what? Holy, Righteous, Spiritual and Good!

Do we toss all those away because sin reacts adversely to that which is Spiritual, Holy, Righteous and good?

Uh, no.

The Law in effect is both an instrument of DEATH

and

an Instrument of LIFE as Paul revealed in Romans 13:8-10

There is your classic TWO EDGED Sword of the Word.

This is the SAME SWORD that SWINGS from the Mouth of Jesus:

Revelation 1:16
And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

1 Samuel 2:6
The LORD killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up.

It is a good thing to understand that BOTH EDGES of this Sword apply to us.

It remains problematic for dead men to walk in presently hidden life. Let alone to see alike.

Those who REFUSE the DEATH of the Sword do not LIVE by that same Sword.

Both edges are currently in SWING in this present earth.

One to our death. One to our LIFE.

It is problematic to deny either edge of it as both edges have purposes that will not be swayed by any man and are meant to be applied.

The old head, the head of the blinded sinner is meant to be lopped off, to be replaced by the Mind of God in Christ...every WORD of God. The old man and the new man. The flesh man and the spirit man. The carnal man will not take his DEATH under the LAW and will seek to avoid it.

Abram to Abraham, Jacob to Israel, Cephas to Peter, Saul to Paul are ALL pictures of these same matters. As are the two sons of Adam, of Abraham, of Isaac, of Jacob, of Joseph, of Moses the SAME MATTERS.

Being double minded is not an advantage.

Understanding brings both Fear of God and Love of God.

s

Over and over I have made the point that the Law is Good for its purpose? To make us guilty before God and bring us to FAITH in Christ!

Gal 3:21

Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
Gal 3:22

But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
Gal 3:23

But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
Gal 3:24

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal 3:25

But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
Gal 3:26

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Gal 5:4

Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. :biglol

2Co 5:16

Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.
2Co 5:17

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

I am nothing in the "flesh" I am a New Creation in Christ!

2Co 5:21

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

I am the Rightoeusness of God "in Christ" ! "In Him" is no sin!

1Co 3:1

And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
1Co 3:2

I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

Last edited by a moderator:

Over and over I have made the point that the Law is Good for its purpose? To make us guilty before God and bring us to FAITH in Christ!

I might observe the fact that the Law arouses sin because it's a fact, there to arouse. We do not avoid arousal of sin by law in denial or avoidance.

Is that the fault of the Law or sin?

And no fault of the LAW.

Sin produces sin.

We do not become 'sinless' post belief.

The Law will continue to shine upon THIS FACT.

s

Holy, Just, and Good...

IMO the answer to this OP question is simple and what the bible teaches.. to lead us to Christ.. because the Law is Holy, Just, and good.. and these are all attributes of the Lord Jesus Christ..

The Law in all its perfection should show us how inifintely short we all come with respect to the glory of God in our Lord Jesus Christ.

I might observe the fact that the Law arouses sin because it's a fact, there to arouse. We do not avoid arousal of sin by law in denial or avoidance.

Is that the fault of the Law or sin?

And no fault of the LAW.

Sin produces sin.

We do not become 'sinless' post belief.

The Law will continue to shine upon THIS FACT.

s
Wrong again!:sad
Rom 7:4

Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
Rom 7:5

For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
Rom 7:6

But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
Rom 7:7

What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Rom 7:8

But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

Rom 8:2

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:3

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Rom 8:4

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

One must die to the Law to walk in the "spirit" You cannot look to the law and to Christ.

Gal 3:10

For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
Gal 3:11

But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
Gal 3:12

And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
Gal 3:13

Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

That which is not of faith, is sin! and all who look to the Law are cursed by the Law!

Prove me wrong then..

Are you sinless or not ?
I already told you That "I am" What Gods Word says" I am":)

I not dont seek nor want your opinion!

Joh 5:44

How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

Real men of God dont try to "prove things" they believe the Word of God and seek His honour only:thumbsup

You can believe anything that you want, I will stick to Gods Word!:amen

Wrong again!:sad
But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Rom 7:8

But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

Rom 8:2

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:3

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

One must die to the Law to walk in the "spirit" You cannot look to the law and to Christ.

Denial of Gods Word is not my gig. The Law is the Word of Jesus.

The Law you decry is the SAME LAW Paul advances in Romans 13:8-10 that we are to SERVE in SPIRIT that you were cheering a few minutes ago.

s

If I were you I wouldn't admit it either.. evidently there must be some reluctance on your part to simply say that you're sinless.

If you dont believe Gods Word? You sure wont believe mine!

1Co 4:3

But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
1Co 4:4

For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.

1Co 4:5

Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.:wave

O wretched man that I am..

If you dont believe Gods Word? You sure wont believe mine!

I believe every last word of God.. even the parts which speak of the sin which so easily besets us.. evidently you don't believe that and would rather believe that you're sinless.. which simply shows me that the truth can't be in you.. because if that true light was in you.. then you'd be convinced of your sin and not believe that you're sinless.

Denial of Gods Word is not my gig. The Law is the Word of Jesus.

The Law you decry is the SAME LAW Paul advances in Romans 13:8-10 that we are to SERVE in SPIRIT that you were cheering a few minutes ago.

s
Rom 1:16

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Rom 1:17

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

This is the same charge they made against the Apostle Paul!Thank you Lord! :swords

Re: O wretched man that I am..

I believe every last word of God.. even the parts which speak of the sin which so easily besets us.. evidently you don't believe that and would rather believe that you're sinless.. which simply shows me that the truth can't be in you.. because if that true light was in you.. then you'd be convinced of your sin and not believe that you're sinless.
How many times do I have to say this?
The flesh, my flesh, is full of sin! I have learned that the scriptures are true! I do not have to yield to the desires of the "flesh". I do that by faith, and setting my mind upon who I am, "IN CHRIST" "In Him" I am without sin.

Gal 5:14

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Gal 5:15

But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
Gal 5:16

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17

For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Gal 5:18

But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

You cannot be a "sinner" and also walk in the "spirit" You must by faith accept the "righteousness of God! how can one be a sinner and be righteous?

Back