Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
More unscriptural nonsense that has nothing to do with anything being discussed here.

Oh i never do that..
Here is the thing .... I can teach you, but i can't learn it for you.
You are confused regarding Salvation being a gift, and that is why you try to keep yourself saved (ablde) by commandment keeping.
Just know, that God does not accept commandment keepers, He only accepts the redeemed, who are "made righteous".

You are confused about this also..
Listen,
The OSAS doctrine, JLB....is "license to sin". Its stating that a person has a license to sin.
I said nothing about sin, or license, or cheap grace, or anything that is connected to OSAS.

So, its dishonest to falsely accuse me.
Keep that in mind, in case you decide to try it again.
After all , aren't you a "mod"?

Listen carefully,

I said "once born again, always born again". Are you not able to understand the difference in the 2 statements?

You are then one who claimed this about yourself.

Why, Because all your commandment keeping, is not what God accepts to save you or keep you saved.

It like this.....Once born again, always born again. "The blood of Jesus that saves you, keeps you saved".

Is being born again a reference to being saved?

You are then one who claimed this about yourself.

I claimed that "the blood of Jesus that saved you, keeps you saved"..

So, you are denying that the Blood of Jesus Is God's salvation, that redeems from all sin, and sustains this..."the righteousness of God in Christ"?

Why, Because all your commandment keeping, is not what God accepts to save you or keep you saved.

I never said commandment keeping is how we are saved.

I warned you about this.

Please explain how a born again Christian who desires to obey His commandments can ever hear the words “I never knew you”?

A Born again Christian refers to someone who is joined to Christ, and is one spirit with Him. This is “knowing Him”.

But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him.
1 Corinthians 6:17

I never knew you mean just that, a person He never knew, was never born again.

How can you be at one Spirit with Christ and truly know him, if you are still looking for his coming?

Please post the scripture where Jesus said to people who were obeying Him… depart from me I never knew you.

Its not good to misrepresent Christ.

Do you only know the letter of the word? Or do you have understanding of the Spirit of the Word as well?

You seem to favor the letter, almost exclusively.

Someone who is Born Again, being Born of the Spirit, and at one with the Spirit of Christ, surely they should be able to convey in their own words the spirit of the word, and should likewise be able to hear the spirit of the word when another speaks it; or in this case types it.

How can you be at one Spirit with Christ and truly know him, if you are still looking for his coming?

You must have me confused with someone else.

I never mentioned or alluded to His coming.

Do you only know the letter of the word? Or do you have understanding of the Spirit of the Word as well?

I know the Lord. He has written His law and commandments on my heart and mind.

His Spirit leads me and empowers me to practice righteousness.

Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 1 John 3:7

JLB

Those who are trying to save themselves by commandments, are "fallen from Grace".

Y0u dont "save yourself"....as that is impossible, and to think that you do, or to teach that you can, is some deep heresy.
Those who don't keep commandments are not converted.
Being "saved" as you put it, (I call it conversion, as salvation won't be assured till after the final judgement 2 Cor 5:10),
is the enabler to keep God's commandments.
Those reborn of God's seed can only bear Godly fruit. (1 John 3:9).

Do you call refusal to accept the mark of the beast a "legalese" effort to keep oneself "saved"?

Last edited:

You seem to favor the letter, almost exclusively.

Someone who is Born Again, being Born of the Spirit, and at one with the Spirit of Christ, surely they should be able to convey in their own words the spirit of the word, and should likewise be able to hear the spirit of the word when another speaks it; or in this case types it.
Personal opinions carry no weight.
Scripture is the solid, unassailable, source of wisdom and grace.

You must have me confused with someone else.

I never mentioned or alluded to His coming.

Oh, come on JLB. Your theology is known here. You believe the resurrection happens at the return of Christ at the last trump. Since one can not really be born again except they be resurrected by the Sprit , and since you are still awaiting the return of Christ and the resurrection from the dead, how can you then claim that you are born again and one with the Spirit of Christ?

I know the Lord. He has written His law and commandments on my heart and mind.

His Spirit leads me and empowers me to practice righteousness.

Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 1 John 3:7

JLB

Seems more apparent that you have simply memorized scripture and doctrine. What have you gained if the Lord has written his law upon your heart if you still have a heart of stone? The promise of the Lord was that he would give you a new heart, a heart of flesh, and there would he write his law upon your heart.

Personal opinions carry no weight.
Scripture is the solid, unassailable, source of wisdom and grace.

Why that almost sounds like Eve in the garden.

Genesis 3:6
And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

And here I thought the Spirit of the Lord was the source of wisdom and grace. Apparently I am mistaken; turns out it's a book! Perhaps I should build a shrine for the book that I may worship it?

Those who don't keep commandments are not converted.

Which commandments are you referring to? The commandments of taste not, touch not, do not? The commandment to rest on the sabbath? Which day is that? The commandments to separate yourselves from the wicked, so that baker feels justified refusing to make a gay wedding cake? Are these the commandment you are referring to? Or is it the commandment to love one another and forgive those who trespass against you? To be ye perfect, as your Father in Heaven is perfect, who causes the rains to fall on the just and the unjust alike?

Oh, come on JLB. Your theology is known here. You believe the resurrection happens at the return of Christ at the last trump. Since one can not really be born again except they be resurrected by the Sprit , and since you are still awaiting the return of Christ and the resurrection from the dead, how can you then claim that you are born again and one with the Spirit of Christ?
??

What are you saying EZ?

The body dies and will be resurrected at the end of the world.

Our spirit goes to be with God upon our death.

Do you believe this to be correct?

Which commandments are you referring to? The commandments of taste not, touch not, do not? The commandment to rest on the sabbath? Which day is that? The commandments to separate yourselves from the wicked, so that baker feels justified refusing to make a gay wedding cake? Are these the commandment you are referring to? Or is it the commandment to love one another and forgive those who trespass against you? To be ye perfect, as your Father in Heaven is perfect, who causes the rains to fall on the just and the unjust alike?
Oh the things that could be said..

Seems more apparent that you have simply memorized scripture and doctrine. What have you gained if the Lord has written his law upon your heart if you still have a heart of stone? The promise of the Lord was that he would give you a new heart, a heart of flesh, and there would he write his law upon your heart.
Not nice EZ.
Our heart is of flesh and the Lord has not abolished the law, but has moved it from our mind to our heart.

Nowhere are we taught that God's laws are abolished.

Even if we never have read the bible, our very conscience tells us we are to live a different type of life,,,in communion with the Son of God.

I know many like this...

Not nice EZ.
Our heart is of flesh and the Lord has not abolished the law, but has moved it from our mind to our heart.

Nowhere are we taught that God's laws are abolished.

No, the law is not abolished. If it were, there would be no Bibles in print. But do you not understand the effect the law has on the heart? It hardens it. It turns it to stone. Harden not your hearts....

To be born again, you must become dead to the law. What does it mean to you to be dead to the law?

Even if we never have read the bible, our very conscience tells us we are to live a different type of life,,,in communion with the Son of God.

I know many like this...

Ah yes, without the Bible our very conscience tells us, and that conscience was clear as we walked by faith. Be ye as little children. That conscience had communion with God whether we understood it to be so or not.

Now our conscience is filled with the knowledge of the law, the knowledge of sin and death, the knowledge of good and evil. That knowledge now becomes part of our active conscience, and then we substitute those words in place of the spirit that once guided our conscience. Because of the law, because of the written word and the effect that it has on our conscience, we become lost.

Why that almost sounds like Eve in the garden.
I didn't know Eve had any scripture in the garden?
Genesis 3:6
And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
Was that not the breaking of the one and only commandment of God?
How can we expect a different reward for our own disobediences?
And here I thought the Spirit of the Lord was the source of wisdom and grace. Apparently I am mistaken; turns out it's a book! Perhaps I should build a shrine for the book that I may worship it?
Is not the bible, (that is the book you disdain, right ?) the word of God?
Inspired by God?
Does it not testify of our Lord's birth, miracles, sufferings, death, resurrection, and the promises of the future?
It is written..."...for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy." (Rev 19:10)
As it is God that gives prophets the words to speak, and write, how can the bible be diminished in it's ability?

Back