Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Which commandments are you referring to? The commandments of taste not, touch not, do not? The commandment to rest on the sabbath? Which day is that? The commandments to separate yourselves from the wicked, so that baker feels justified refusing to make a gay wedding cake? Are these the commandment you are referring to? Or is it the commandment to love one another and forgive those who trespass against you? To be ye perfect, as your Father in Heaven is perfect, who causes the rains to fall on the just and the unjust alike?
The commandments of Jesus Christ are, Love God with your whole heart, mind and strength; and your neighbor as you love yourself.
That would include all you have posted, right?

I'll ask you the same question I asked another from the post you are now referring to..."Do you call refusal to accept the mark of the beast a "legalese" effort to keep oneself "saved"?

The commandments of Jesus Christ are, Love God with your whole heart, mind and strength; and your neighbor as you love yourself.
That would include all you have posted, right?

I don't know, do you consider keeping the sabbath as a commandment?

I'll ask you the same question I asked another from the post you are now referring to..."Do you call refusal to accept the mark of the beast a "legalese" effort to keep oneself "saved"?

Well, I guess that would depend. What do you consider the mark of the beast to be?

But where does the scripture say that you have an option in refusing it? The scripture says he causes ALL to receive a mark, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond: ALL receive a mark.

Since one can not really be born again except they be resurrected by the Sprit ,

Please share the scripture that’s says … “one can not really be born again except they be resurrected by the Sprit”

The promise of the Lord was that he would give you a new heart, a heart of flesh, and there would he write his law upon your heart.

Yes, that is the promise of the New Covenant.

Im in the New Covenant because I am one with Christ, joined with Him, as one spirit with Him; in Christ.

I’m a new creation.

salvation won't be assured till after the final judgement 2 Cor 5:10),

Amen.

Peter says it this way.

In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls.
1 Peter 1:6-9

• receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls.

The end result of a life of faith, is receiving the salvation of our soul.

If we still have faith, then by default we have the hope for salvation; the evidence of our yet unseen salvation of our soul, when we hear these precious words from our Savior —

Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

JLB

I don't know, do you consider keeping the sabbath as a commandment?
Yes, but every day is the Lord's day to me.
Well, I guess that would depend. What do you consider the mark of the beast to be?
A better answer would have been "NO. Refusing to take the mark of the beast is not a work of the Law for salvation, or a loss of faith in God."
It is the choice lovers of God will make, without reservation.
But where does the scripture say that you have an option in refusing it? The scripture says he causes ALL to receive a mark, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond: ALL receive a mark.
It is written..."And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years." (Rev 20:4)
Some will resist, to the glory of the only One worthy of worship.

Reactions: JLB
A better answer would have been "NO. Refusing to take the mark of the beast is not a work of the Law for salvation, or a loss of faith in God."

Amen.

What have you gained if the Lord has written his law upon your heart if you still have a heart of stone?

I don’t have a heart of stone.

The question was rhetorical.

Do you believe the strength of the law has the power to turn one's heart to stone? Jesus often spoke his condemnation of the Pharisees. They too were very familiar with the manuscripts and the word of God; would you say the Pharisees had a heart of flesh or a heart of stone? What is it that hardens ones heart?

Yes, that is the promise of the New Covenant.

Im in the New Covenant because I am one with Christ, joined with Him, as one spirit with Him; in Christ.

I’m a new creation.

You would agree that there are many who simply claim to be born again because they believe in Christ, but know not the Spirit of Christ?

What do you consider the mark of the beast to be? What is the image of the beast?

You seem to disregard its usage by posters to make their point.

That would depend upon it usage. There are those who use the scriptures as a shield or else a sword. They use it to attack you or else they use it deflect from sharing their own opinion. They claim to be born of the spirit, yet remain afraid to share the word that sits upon their heart. So when they only quote scripture, what point are they actually making?

That would depend upon it usage. There are those who use the scriptures as a shield or else a sword. They use it to attack you or else they use it deflect from sharing their own opinion. They claim to be born of the spirit, yet remain afraid to share the word that sits upon their heart. So when they only quote scripture, what point are they actually making?
The quotes are biblical answers to direct questions, without the personal history that skews, (sometimes), an answer.
Wouldn't you really prefer biblical answers to questions rather than men's answers without scripture?

Amen.

Peter says it this way.

In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls.
1 Peter 1:6-9

• receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls.

The end result of a life of faith, is receiving the salvation of our soul.

If we still have faith, then by default we have the hope for salvation; the evidence of our yet unseen salvation of our soul, when we hear these precious words from our Savior —

Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

JLB
The Bible doesn't say that.
Not in the verse quoted or anywhere else in Scripture.

Verse 9 - "for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls".

Notice this is present tense.
It's something we get now.

The quotes are biblical answers to direct questions, without the personal history that skews, (sometimes), an answer.
Wouldn't you really prefer biblical answers to questions rather than men's answers without scripture?

If I ask you a direct question, I would expect you answer to that question. Not just give me the words of the book. I already know the words of the book. If I wanted to know what the bible has to say, then I would ask you what does the bible say.

I am asking questions of those claiming to be born again, born of the Spirit, with God's laws written upon their hearts. I want to hear the laws written on your hearts, not the laws written in a book. I want to hear the law of Faith as it is comes from your heart, not the letter of the law of sin and death.

So No, I would not prefer biblical answers, I would prefer Your answer to the questions in your own words.

Back